未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

“尾巴刺痛”和“出乎意料”到底有什么关系呢

A sting in the tail: The English We Speak

菲菲:大家好 我是菲菲 欢迎来到
Feifei: Hello I’m Feifei and welcome to The English
《英语口语》和我搭档的是罗伯
We Speak – and joining me is Rob.
罗伯:大家好
Rob: Hello everyone.
菲菲:罗伯 我听说你有一个新的爱好?
Feifei: So Rob, I hear you have a new a hobby?
罗伯:是的 没错!它非常刺激!
Rob: Yes that’s right – it’s very exciting –
让我告诉你…
let me show you…
菲菲:啊!蜜蜂!我不喜欢它们-关门!
Feifei: Arghh! Bees! I don’t like them – shut the door!
所以你的新爱好是养蜂?
So you’re new hobby is bee keeping?
罗伯:是的 我是个蜜蜂饲养员-我爱它们-
Rob: Yes I’m a bee keeper – and I love it –
但是这有点煞风景
but there is a sting in the tail.
菲菲:当然 蜜蜂尾巴上有刺
Feifei: Of course there’s a sting in the tail –
刺会伤人的 这就是我不喜欢蜜蜂的原因。
bees sting – and it hurts, that’s why I don’t like bees.
罗伯:它们只有在愤怒的时候才会刺 菲菲
Rob: They only sting when they’re angry Feifei –
无论如何啦 当我说“there’s a sting in the tail ”
and anyway, when I said ‘there’s a sting in the tail’
我指的并不是蜜蜂
I wasn’t referring to the bees.
我的意思是指有些愉快的事情
I meant something unpleasant
会伴随不愉快的事发生
comes with something that is meant to be pleasurable.
菲菲:是的 正如我说的 照料蜜蜂意味着
Feifei: Yes, as I said – looking after bees means
你很容易被蜇伤
you’re likely to get stung.
罗伯:的确如此-我的意思是养蜂
Rob: That’s true – but what I meant was bee keeping is
很有趣 但是我没有想到需要花这么多钱
fun but I wasn’t expecting it to cost so much money –
去购买这些蜂箱
I had to buy all these hives
和这些特殊的防护服
and these special protective clothes.
菲菲:是的 你看起来很傻!所以你说
Feifei: Yes, you do look silly! So you’re saying
养蜂很有趣 但是料想不到的花费
bee keeping is fun but the unexpected
是让人不怎么愉快的事情?
cost of it is the sting in the tail?
罗伯:没错 让我们听一些例子
Rob: Exactly. Let’s hear some examples
趁我去拿蜂蜜的时候…
while I go and get some honey…
例子:我们度过了一个美好的假期
Examples: We had a great holiday
但是有结果却出人意料-当我们到家时
but it had a sting in the tail – when we got home
发现我们的家被抢劫了
we discovered our house had been broken into.
我喜欢她的新书-故事情节有趣而浪漫
I love her new book – the story is funny and romantic –
但是当有人死的时候却让人意外
but there’s a sting in the tail when someone dies.
是的 这个月我们都涨工资了
Yeah, we all got a pay rise this month,
但是让人难过的是
but there’s a sting in the tail –
预计我们的工作时间会更长
we’re expected to work longer hours.
菲菲:所以 “a sting in the tail”-
Feifei: So that’s ‘a sting in the tail’ –
实际要表达是这件原本令人享受的事情
a phrase that means something unpleasant and
结局却出人意料 很煞风景
sometimes unexpected happens
让人不愉快
when doing something good or fun.
罗伯:好的 菲菲 养蜂的另个优点就是
Rob: OK Feifei, one of the good things about bee
你可以得到美味的蜂蜜
keeping is you get this delicious honey
-并且免费的-来吧菲菲 尝一些试试
– and that’s free – go on Feifei, try some.
菲菲:嗯 蜂蜜 真美味!
Feifei: Hmmm honey, delicious!
啊 不好 你带出来了别的东西…
Oh no, you’ve brought something else with you…
是一只蜜蜂!
it’s a bee!
罗伯:不要慌-我会试着把它抓起来…哎呦!好痛
Rob: Don’t panic – I’ll try to catch it… ouch! That hurt.
菲菲:噢 亲爱的-看起来养蜂
Feifei: Oh dear – it looks like bee keeping
不只是一件出人意料的事情啊!
has more than one sting in the tail!
罗伯:真有趣!
Rob: Very funny!
菲菲:拜!
Feifei: Bye!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

“A sting in the tail 尾巴刺痛”。这个说法到底和“尾巴”有关系吗?听听看,学习一个描述“结局出乎意料”的表达。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

M

审核员

审核团GK

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVGzaxlP75Y

相关推荐