ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

一个318岁的全息投影人讲述的科幻爱情故事 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

一个318岁的全息投影人讲述的科幻爱情故事

A sci-fi vision of love from a 318-year-old hologram | Monica Byrne

对你们来说 我看起来真实吗?
Do I look real to you?
希望如此
Hope so.
我不确定你们能否看到我
I have no idea if you’re seeing this,
但我还是向前看 就当你们都在那里
but I’m just going to look ahead and trust that you’re there.
我在前面的沙地上画了个半圆
I’ve drawn a semicircle in the sand in front of me
我不会越过它 让我不至于 看起来像浮在半空
so I don’t walk past it and look like I’m floating in midair.
此时此刻 我正
Right now I’m standing
站在户外
in the open air,
在海滩的一颗棕榈树下
on a beach under a palm tree,
正好是你们的舞台曾经所在的位置
in the exact spot where your stage used to be.
我有12分钟的时间与你们一起
I have 12 minutes with you.
我设下了限制
I set a limit.
我妻子娜维徳曾经说过
My wife Navid once said
无限的可能性 是创造者最大的敌人
that infinite possibility is a creator’s worst enemy.
举个例子 我身上这条裙子 是我请她设计的
For example, this dress: I’d asked her to design something
我想要的是23世纪 开罗祭司的风格
that a priest might have worn in 23rd-century Cairo.
但我们只有3天时间来完成它
But we only had three days to make it,
而我们手头仅有的布料
and the only fabric we had
是别人留下的 一个旧的羽绒被套
was an old duvet cover that another resident left behind.
但她还是完成了 而且非常漂亮
But she did it, and it’s perfect.
她看着裙子 说到
And she looked at it and said,
“只是个雏形——创造需要限制”
“Proof of concept — creation needs constraint.”
我要利用这12分钟时间
So with these 12 minutes,
与你们分享我最大的发现
I’m going to tell you about my greatest discovery.
我一生都在追求永生
For my whole life, my obsession has been eternal life,
我相信你们中间 很多人也跟我一样
as I know it is so many of yours.
告诉你们一个好消息 你们的努力没有白费
You may be happy to know that your research will pay off.
我已经318岁了
I am 318 years old.
目前人类的平均寿命是432岁
The average human lifespan is now 432 years,
我的工作是将人类寿命无限延长
and my work has been to extend the human lifespan indefinitely.
对此我充满信心
And I’ve never questioned that someday,
我坚信有一天我们会成功
we’ll reach a point where we’ll be content.
但矛盾一直存在:
But the opposite keeps happening:
我们的寿命越长 就想活得更久
the longer we live, the longer we want to live,
就越不想死去
the less we want to die.
这很正常 对吗?
Who can blame us?
宇宙如此浩瀚
The universe is so big.
总是有值得我们探索的地方
There won’t ever not be more to see.
就在昨天
Just yesterday,
我读了一篇文章 你可以在欧罗巴上泛舟
I was reading about how you can take out a boat on Europa
从一个小岛到另一个 小岛 游遍整颗行星
and sail from island to island all over the planet,
有些岛上有村庄 你可以留宿一晚
and some of the islands have villages that you can stay and visit
在木星的巨大阴影下安睡
and sleep under the shadow of Jupiter.
有些小岛人烟稀少 只有一位歌者
And then there’s this other island where there’s just one songwriter
面朝大海 弹奏曼陀林
who sits and plays mandolin for the ocean.
还有的小岛人迹罕至
And then there are others where there’s no one
甚至从未有人踏足
and there never has been,
你可以上去享受宁静 在沙滩上留下足迹
and so you go just for the pleasure of touching your foot to sand
成为小岛的首位访客
that no foot has ever touched before.
你可以花400年的时间 来做上面这些事
You could spend 400 years doing just that.
现在 月亮从东北方向升起来了
Right now the Moon is rising in the Northeast.
上面城市密布 我用肉眼就能看到
I can see the cities on it with my naked eye.
城市像神经网络一样相互连接:
They’re connected like nerve clusters:
位于南极的玛丽亚城 位于赤道的拉马钱德兰市
Mariapolis on the South Pole, and Ramachandran on the Equator.
还有位于宁静海的新德黑兰市
And New Tehran in the Sea of Tranquility.
我和娜维徳就是在那里相遇的
That’s where Navid and I met.
我俩都是画家 住在市中心
We were both artists downtown.
那天 我俩在阿扎迪广场相遇
The day we met, we were passing each other in Azadi Square,
不小心撞在一起
and we bumped shoulders.
我转身道歉
And I turned to apologize
而她 没有打招呼 也没做自我介绍
and she, without saying hello or introducing herself or anything,
她说 “你不觉得 我们刚刚穿过了彼此吗?”
said, “Well, why do you think we didn’t just pass through each other?”
当时我的第一反应是 “你谁呀?”
And first of all, I thought, “Who the hell are you?”
但紧接着 我对她 问的问题感到很不爽
But second, the question annoyed me,
因为答案实在是太简单
because the answer is so simple.
我说 “我们没有穿过彼此
I said, “We didn’t pass through each other
是因为基本粒子有质量
because elementary particles have mass
而基本粒子之间的空间
and because the space between elementary particles
充满着结合能 同样具有质量特征
is filled with the binding energy that also has the properties of mass,
这道理我们800年前就懂了”
and we’ve known that for 800 years.”
她当时肯定心情不错
She must have been in one of those moods
想逗逗我这个陌生人
where she likes to mess with strangers.
或者纯粹想跟我调调情
Or maybe she was just flirting with me,
因为她看着我 说 “我一猜你就会这么说
because she looked at me and said, “I thought you’d say that.
再好好想想”
Think deeper.”
然后她解下了自己的腰带
And then she took off her belt,
就是现在系在我身上的这一条
this belt that I’m wearing now,
她说
and she said,
“在我们的宇宙里 粒子就是有质量的
“Our universe is built so that particles have mass.
没有这一基本原则的限制
Without that basic constraint,
我们就会以光速穿过彼此
we’d have just passed right through each other at the speed of light
而不自知”
and never even known.”
我们的爱情就这样发生了
And that’s how our romance began.
娜维徳和我
Navid and I
永远有聊不完的话题
never ran out of things to talk about.
从未停止
Never.
这一点非常奇妙
It was incredible.
那感觉就像我们是两位勇士 一同去征服崇山峻岭
It was like we were both heroes climbing up into a mountain range together
沿途不断发现新的风景
and we kept arriving at new vistas,
而我们总能找到新的、美妙的词语
and these new, perfect constellations of words
来描述眼前的无敌美景
would come out of us to describe them.
很快 我们又将这一切抛诸脑后
And we’d forget them as soon as we made them,
轻装上阵 去征服下一个目标
and throw them over our shoulder and go on to the next thing, on and up.
或者像娜维徳形容的 我俩的谈话就像做面包
Or one time, Navid said that our talk was like we were always making bread,
我们总是不停地加一点面
and that we were always adding in a little more flour
再加一点水
and a little more water,
揉进面团里 不停揉搓
and folding it in and turning it over
却从不把面团送进烤箱
and never getting around to baking it.
如果说我对永生着迷 那么娜维徳就对抚摸着迷
If my obsession was eternal life, Navid’s obsession was touch.
她是个天生的抚摸者
She had a genius for it.
她所有的作品也与抚摸有关
All of her work revolved around it.
我的身体就像她的画布
My body was like a canvas for her,
她的指尖总是 沿着我的脸慢慢往下
and she would draw her fingertip down over my face so slowly
速度之慢 我都感觉不到移动
that I couldn’t feel it moving.
让她最着迷的就是那个瞬间
And she was obsessed with the exact moment
我分不清自己的身体 和她的身体
when I would stop being able to tell the difference between her body and mine.
有时她与我相拥而卧 将肩头埋在我的肩头之下
Or she would just lie across me and dig her shoulder into mine
问道 “皮拉尔 为什么 这感觉就这么好呢?”
and say, “Pilar, why does this feel so good?”
我会说 “我也不知道!”
I’d say, “I don’t know!”
对于自己恶作剧的问题 她的回答总是那么古灵精怪
And she always had a facetious answer for her facetious question,
然而今天我还能记得的答案是
but the answer I remember today is,
“之所以感觉很好
“It feels good
是因为宇宙设下了限制
because the universe chose its constraints,
而我们是它的艺术品”
and we are its art.”
当你将想象的未来与真实的未来进行对比时
It’s always funny what you think the future is going to be like
总是很有意思
versus what it turns out to be.
在你们的年代 科学家认为 可以将人类冷冻起来
In your time, scientists thought humans could freeze themselves
未来再将他们唤醒
and wake up in the future.
他们这么做了——但是失败了
And they did — but then they died.
在你们的年代 科学家认为 可以通过更换器官
In your time, scientists thought humans could replace organs
将人类的寿命延长几百年
and extend life for hundreds of years.
他们这么做了
And they did,
但是最终还是失败了
but eventually, they died anyway.
在你们的年代 地球是 唯一一个人类可以生存的地方
In your time, Earth is the only place people live.
而在我这个年代 人们来地球是为了死去
In my time, Earth is the place people come to die.
因此当娜维徳身上 开始出现病症时
So when Navid started to show the signs,
我们的朋友觉得 我会像其他人一样
our friends assumed I would do what everyone does,
跟她告别然后送她来地球
which is say goodbye and send her to Earth,
这样一来我们就不必 眼睁睁看着她走
so that none of us would have to look at her
不必围在她身边 不必追忆她的人生……
or be around her or think about her and her …
不必去想她的离开
failure to keep living.
大家最不想做的
More than anything,
就是围绕在她的肉身旁边
they didn’t want to be around her actual physical body.
他们一直称之为“衰退”
They kept referring to it as “declining,”
尽管她自己对这很着迷
even though she herself was fascinated by it,
她的身体产生的变化
the changes it was going through,
不以她的意志为转移 一天天随着自然规律变化
following the rules of its nature day by day, independent of her will.
我确实将娜维徳送回了地球
I did send Navid to Earth.
但我也一起去了
But I came with her.
我记得我俩的一个朋友 在我们出发之前说
I remember a friend of ours, just before we left, said,
“我觉得这太作了
“I just think it’s arrogant,
好像规律不适用于你们 好像你们的爱能感天动地”
like the rules don’t apply to you, like you think your love is that special.”
但我就是这么想的
But I did.
因此 即使在地球上
So, even here on Earth,
我依然在研究如何延长生命
I kept working on how to extend life.
我从未想过
It didn’t occur to me
还有另一条路可以走
that there could be any other response.
我不停回想起那一天 娜维徳
I kept going back to that thing that Navid said to me
在阿扎迪广场对我说的话
that day in Azadi Square,
如果没有这条基本的限制
that without that basic constraint —
宇宙赋予物体质量
a universe that granted mass to matter —
我们就不会存在
we would not exist.
这是规则之一
That’s one rule.
另一条规则是所有质量受熵支配
Another rule is that all mass is subject to entropy.
没有质量 就不可能 在这个宇宙存在
And there is no way to be in this universe without mass.
我明白 我尝试过所有方法
I know. I tried everything.
我尝试建立了一个光子盒 那里连希格斯场都发生了改变
I tried creating a photon box where the Higgs field was altered.
我尝试记录下我体内 所有的亚原子运动
I tried recording all subatomic movements in my body
然后在一个闭环系统中重放
and replaying them on closed loop.
都没有用
Nothing worked.
我最后的方法是用线圈做出一个形体
But my final innovation was to create a coil dimension
在其边界之内时间流逝变得无限慢
with the boundaries of a body in which time moved infinitely slower,
而它在外界的投影 时间流逝是正常的
but whose projection would appear to move in normal time.
这个形体在我们的宇宙中 可以以全息投影的形式存在
That body would then appear in our universe as a hologram —
在这里 却也不在这里
here but not here.
我意识到自己成功了
When I realized I’d done it,
于是跑进她的房间
I ran to her room,
满心欢喜地想告诉她我成功了
so happy to tell her I’d done it,
我移动的方式看起来很正常
moving through space almost normally to all eyes,
连我自己都看不出异常
even to my own,
我跑到她身边躺下
and went to lie down next to her,
但我忘了 直接穿过了她的身体
and forgot, and fell right through her.
我找到了永生的方法
I’d found a way to eternal life,
代价却是娜维徳最看重的一件事
at the expense of the one thing Navid loved most,
抚摸和被抚摸
which was to touch and be touched.
她把我赶了出去
And she threw me out.
但我仍然能看见她
I still got to watch, though.
人类已经可以活400年
Humans live 400 years now,
但我们仍然会死
and we still die.
当死亡来临时
And when death comes,
垂死的人还是会抓住床单
the dying still pick at their bedsheets,
他们的手臂会突然由内而外 变得青一块紫一块
and their arms break out in blue and violet blooms on the insides,
呼吸会越来越微弱
and their breaths get further and further apart,
如同渐渐睡去
like they’re falling asleep.
我一直认为
I’ve always thought that
生命的意义在于探险
what gives a life meaning is adventure.
而死亡仅仅是一道难题
And death is just a problem
我们暂时还没有找到答案
we haven’t discovered the solution to yet.
但也许生命之所以有意义 就因为它有终点
But maybe a life has meaning only because it ends.
也许这是一个悖论:
Maybe that’s the paradox:
限制本身并没有限制任何东西 它允许完全的自由
constraints don’t constrain, they allow perfect freedom.
[叹息]
(Sighs)
今天早上这里有雷暴
There was a thunderstorm here this morning.
今晚还有一个天气预报
There is another forecast for tonight,
但现在天空是晴朗的
but for now the sky is clear.
我感觉不到风
I can’t feel the wind here,
但我刚刚问了一个 路过的守护者 感觉如何
but I just asked one of the caretakers who passed by what it felt like,
她说感觉很温暖 像融化的黄油
and she said it felt warm, like melted butter.
我妻子就喜欢这样的答案
An answer worthy of my wife.
我必须找到回到自己肉身的方法
I have to find my way back to the flesh.
在那之前 我只会占用 你们给我的这些空间
Until then, I take up no space but the space you give me.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一个318岁的全息投影人讲述的科幻爱情故事

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

?

审核员

赖皮

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HfoKd873HY

相关推荐