ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

洛杉矶南区的游击园丁 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

洛杉矶南区的游击园丁

A guerilla gardener in South Central LA | Ron Finley

我生活在洛杉矶南区
I live in South Central.
这就是洛杉矶南区:
This is South Central:
贩酒店 快餐店 闲置的土地
liquor stores, fast food, vacant lots.
因此城市的规划者他们坐在一起讨论
So the city planners, they get together and they figure
想把洛杉矶南区这个名字
they’re going to change the name South
改的代表点别的什么含义
Central to make it represent something else,
所以他们把它改成了南洛杉矶
so they change it to South Los Angeles,
好像这将要解决这个城市真正的问题似的
like this is going to fix what’s really going wrong in the city.
这是南洛杉矶(笑)
This is South Los Angeles. (Laughter)
贩酒店 快餐店 闲置的土地
Liquor stores, fast food, vacant lots.
和其他两千六百五十万的美国人一样
Just like 26.5 million other Americans,
我生活在食物的荒漠
I live in a food desert,
洛杉矶南区
South Central Los Angeles,
是得来速和飞车的家园
home of the drive-thru and the drive-by.
有趣的是得来速比飞车杀死的人更多
Funny thing is, the drive-thrus are killing more people than the drive-bys.
在洛杉矶南区
People are dying from curable diseases
人们死于可治愈的疾病
in South Central Los Angeles.
举个例子 我所住的街区的肥胖率
For instance, the obesity rate in my neighborhood
要比相距我们10英里不到的比佛利山庄
is five times higher than, say, Beverly Hills,
高出5倍
which is probably eight, 10 miles away.
也许是8倍我厌倦了这些现实
I got tired of seeing this happening.
同时我在考虑 如果没有途径去得到健康的食物
And I was wondering, how would you feel
你的感受是什么
if you had no access to healthy food,
如果每次你从家里出来
if every time you walk
看到在你的社区
out your door you see the ill effects
现有的食物系统的不良影响 你的感受是什么?
that the present food system has on your neighborhood?
我看到轮椅像二手汽车一样
I see wheelchairs bought and sold
进行买卖
like used cars.
我看到透析中心像星巴克一样不断涌现
I see dialysis centers popping up like Starbucks.
我想不能再这样下去了
And I figured, this has to stop.
我认为答案已经藏在问题之中
So I figured that the problem is the solution.
食物是问题 食物也是解决方案
Food is the problem and food is the solution.
再加上我着实厌倦了开45分钟的来回
Plus I got tired of driving 45 minutes round trip
去买个没打过杀虫剂的苹果
to get an apple that wasn’t impregnated with pesticides.
因此我做的
So what I did,
就是在我的房子前种上食物森林
I planted a food forest in front of my house.
它位于我们称为公园路的绿化带上
It was on a strip of land that we call a parkway.
150英尺乘以10英尺大小
It’s 150 feet by 10 feet.
绿化带归政府所有
Thing is, it’s owned by the city.
但是总需要有人维护它
But you have to maintain it.
因此我觉得 “太好了!这是我的责任 我必须维护它
So I’m like,”Cool. I can do whatever the hell I want,
所以我想做什么就可以做什么了!”
since it’s my responsibility and I gotta maintain it.”
这是我为何要维护它的原因
And this is how I decided to maintain it.
因此我和我的团队 “洛杉矶绿地” 我们聚在一起
So me and my group, L.A. Green Grounds, we got together
开始种植自己的食物森林 果树
and we started planting my food forest, fruit trees,
还有整整九种蔬菜
you know, the whole nine, vegetables.
我们是一个自由的组织
What we do, we’re a pay-it-forward kind of group,
由来自不同行业不同城市的园丁组成
where it’s composed of gardeners from all walks of life,
大家全都是志愿者
from all over the city, and it’s completely volunteer,
我们所做的一切都是义务的
and everything we do is free.
花园非常的美丽
And the garden, it was beautiful.
但是很快就有人抱怨
And then somebody complained.
政府指责我
The city came down on me,
给了我张告票通知我必须
and basically gave me a citation saying
移除我的花园
that I had to remove my garden,
之后告票变成了警告函
which this citation was turning into a warrant.
我心想“搞什么
And I’m like,”Come on, really?
来真的?禁止在一小块土地上种食物
A warrant for planting food on a piece of land
而之前这块土地却没人关心?(笑)
that you could care less about?” (Laughter)
然后我想 ”酷 就这样吧“
And I was like,”Cool. Bring it.”
因为这次什么都没发生
Because this time it wasn’t coming up.
所以洛杉矶时报报道了
So L.A. Times got ahold of it.
斯蒂夫·洛佩兹写了个关于它的故事
Steve Lopez did a story on it
并和议员以及一个绿地组织的成员
and talked to the councilman,
进行了交谈 他们将请愿书
and one of the Green Grounds members,
上传到了Change.org
they put up a petition on Change.org,
并且收集到了900个签名 我们成功了!
and with 900 signatures, we were a success.
我们用我们的双手获得成功
We had a victory on our hands.
议员甚至前来拜访 表达了他有多么赞赏
My councilman even called in and said how they endorse
和热爱我们所做的
and love what we’re doing.
我的意思是 当然啦 他们怎么能不这么做呢?
I mean, come on, why wouldn’t they? L.A.
洛杉矶所拥有的空地的数量在美国名列前茅
leads the United States in vacant lots that the city actually owns.
它拥有26平方公里的空地
They own 26 square miles of vacant lots.
那是20个中央公园
That’s 20 Central Parks.
有足够的空间去种植七亿两千五百万的番茄
That’s enough space to plant 725 million tomato plants.
他们究竟为什么觉得这样不好呢?
Why in the hell would they not okay this?
种一棵树能够收到一千 甚至一万颗种子
Growing one plant will give you 1,000, 10,000 seeds.
一美元的绿豆可以为你
When one dollar’s worth of green beans
带来75美元的收成
will give you 75 dollars’ worth of produce.
这是我的信条 我告诉人们 种植你们自己的食物吧
It’s my gospel, when I’m telling people, grow your own food.
自己种食物就好像自己印钱似的
Growing your own food is like printing your own money.
(鼓掌)瞧
(Applause) See,
在洛杉矶我有了遗产
I have a legacy in South Central.
我在那里成长 我在那里养育我的儿子
I grew up there. I raised my sons there.
我拒绝成为由别人为我打造的
And I refuse to be a part of this manufactured reality
这种现实的一部分
that was manufactured for me by some other people,
我要自己创造自己的现实 看到了吧
and I’m manufacturing my own reality. See,
我是个艺术家
I’m an artist.
园艺工作就是我的涂鸦 我创造自己的艺术
Gardening is my graffiti. I grow my art.
就好像涂鸦艺术家一样 他们美化墙壁而我
Just like a graffiti artist, where they beautify walls, me,
美化草坪
I beautify lawns, parkways.
绿化带我把花园
I use the garden,
和土地视为画布
the soil, like it’s a piece of cloth,
而植物和树木
and the plants and the trees,
就是我在画布上的装饰
that’s my embellishment for that cloth.
你可能会震惊土地所能做的
You’d be surprised what the soil could do
如果你把它当成你的画布
if you let it be your canvas.
你无法想象向日葵有多么的神奇
You just couldn’t imagine how amazing a sunflower is
以及它将对人产生何种影响
and how it affects people.
会发生什么呢?
So what happened?
我目睹了我的花园变为了教育的工具
I have witnessed my garden become a tool for the education,
变为了我社区改革的工具
a tool for the transformation of my neighborhood.
为了改变社区 你必须改变土壤的成分
To change the community, you have to change the composition of the soil.
我们就是土壤
We are the soil.
你会为孩子们如何被影响而震惊
You’d be surprised how kids are affected by this.
园艺活动是最有益于身体健康以及
Gardening is the most therapeutic
挑战性十足的活动
and defiant act you can do,
尤其是这项活动在市中心进行
especially in the inner city.
再加上你还能收获草莓
Plus you get strawberries.
(笑)
(Laughter)
我记得有次
I remember this time,
一个妈妈和女儿在
there was this mother and a daughter came,
差不多晚上10点半的时候偷偷摸摸的出现在我的菜园
it was, like, 10:30 at night, and they were in my yard,
当我出来看到她们 她们显得非常难为情
and I came out and they looked so ashamed.
她们的出现
So I’m like, man,
使我感觉非常糟糕
it made me feel bad that they were there,
我告诉他们
and I told them,
你们不用像这样来拿食物
you know, you don’t have to do this like this.
这是菜园在街上的原因
This is on the street for a reason.
当我看到我身边的人们
It made me feel ashamed to see people
饿着肚子时 这让我觉得非常羞愧
that were this close to me that were hungry,
这加强了我做(食物森林)的决心
and this only reinforced why I do this,
人们问我 “Fin 你难道不怕
and people asked me,”Fin, aren’t you afraid
人们来偷你食物吗?”
people are going to steal your food?”
我回答说 “当然不啦 我当然不怕人们会偷它
And I’m like,”Hell no, I ain’t afraid they’re gonna steal it.
而这也是为什么它在街上的原因
That’s why it’s on the street.
这正是我想要的
That’s the whole idea.
我想要人们拿走它 但是同时 我也希望人们
I want them to take it, but at the same time,
能够重归健康的身体 ”
I want them to take back their health.”
还有一次当我
There’s another time when I put
在洛杉矶市中心的一个流浪汉之家安置了一个花园
a garden in this homeless shelter in downtown Los Angeles.
这些小伙子帮助我卸了货
These are the guys, they helped me unload the truck.
这很酷 他们分享了关于花园如何对他们
It was cool, and they just shared the stories
产生影响以及他们如何与自己的
about how this affected them and how
母亲以及祖母一起种植的故事
they used to plant with their mother and their grandmother,
看到花园可以改变他们真是一件非常酷的事情
and it was just cool to see how this changed them,
仅仅为了这一刻
if it was only for that one moment.
绿地组织又开始安置
So Green Grounds has gone on to plant
也许是20个花园
maybe 20 gardens.
我们已经有大约50人参与到我们的团队中来
We’ve had, like, 50 people come to our dig-ins
他们全都是志愿者
and participate, and it’s all volunteers.
如果孩子们种植甘蓝 孩子们就会吃甘蓝
If kids grow kale, kids eat kale.
(笑)
(Laughter)
如果他们种植番茄 他们就会吃番茄
If they grow tomatoes, they eat tomatoes. (Applause)
(掌声)但是当这些都没有呈现在孩子们眼前
But when none of this is presented to them,
如果他们并没有体会到食物
if they’re not shown how
是如何影响人的想法和身体的
food affects the mind and the body,
他们只是盲目的吃着任何摆在他们面前的食物
they blindly eat whatever the hell you put in front of them.
我看到年轻人们 他们想要工作
I see young people and they want to work,
但是他们都很乐意在这件事上花时间
but they’re in this thing where they’re caught up —
我看到不同肤色的孩子们 他们一直循规蹈矩
I see kids of color and they’re just on this track
走着别人为他们设计的路
that’s designed for them,
而这条路却不知所终
that leads them to nowhere.
当进行园艺活动时 我发现了一个机会
So with gardening, I see an opportunity
我们能训练这些孩子们
where we can train these kids
接管他们的社区
to take over their communities,
过上一种可持续发展的生活
to have a sustainable life.
我们这么做的时候 谁知道我们是否会
And when we do this, who knows?
培养出下一个乔治华盛顿呢
We might produce the next George Washington Carver.
但是如果我们不改变土壤的成分
but if we don’t change the composition of the soil,
我们永远不会这样做
we will never do this.
这使我目前计划中的一个
Now this is one of my plans.
这是我想要做的
This is what I want to do.
我想要种一整个街区的菜园
I want to plant a whole block of gardens
在这个街区人们能够分享食物
where people can share in the food in the same block.
我想要把集装箱
I want to take shipping containers
改造为健康的咖啡屋
and turn them into healthy cafes.
别误会
Now don’t get me wrong.
我没想着免费
I’m not talking about no free shit,
因为免费是不能持续的
because free is not sustainable.
而可持续性的搞笑之处在于 你必须维持它
The funny thing about sustainability, you have to sustain it.
(笑)(掌声)
(Laughter) (Applause)
我所讲的就是让人们得到工作
What I’m talking about is putting people to work,
让孩子们远离街道
and getting kids off the street, and letting them know
让他们了解自己种植食物的喜悦
the joy, the pride and the honor
荣誉和荣耀
in growing your own food,
开放农民市场
opening farmer’s markets.
因此我想要做的
So what I want to do here,
是想把这个计划弄的更加吸引人
we gotta make this sexy.
我想要我们成为环境革命的叛徒流氓
So I want us all to become ecolutionary renegades, gangstas,
流氓园丁
gangsta gardeners.
我们要改写流氓的定义
We gotta flip the script on what a gangsta is.
如果你不是个园丁 那你就不是个流氓
If you ain’t a gardener, you ain’t gangsta.
当个拿铲子的流氓
Get gangsta with your shovel, okay?
怎么样?让铲子成为你选择的武器吧
And let that be your weapon of choice.
(鼓掌)
(Applause)
基本上 如果你们想见我
So basically, if you want to meet with me,
如果想要碰面
you know, if you want to meet,
如果想
don’t call me
坐在舒适的椅子上
if you want to sit around in cushy chairs
讲一些有的没的
and have meetings where you talk about doing some shit —
就别给我打电话
where you talk about doing some shit.
如果想见我 就拿着铁铲来花园吧
If you want to meet with me, come to the garden
这样我们就可以种点东西啦 讲完了
with your shovel so we can plant some shit. Peace.
谢谢!
Thank you.
(掌声)
(Applause)
谢谢(掌声)
Thank you. (Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzZzZ_qpZ4w

相关推荐