ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

日常:芝加哥大学学生 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

日常:芝加哥大学学生

A Day in the Life: UChicago Student

红序教育
大家好 我是Luke Sironski White
– Hi, my name is Luke Sironski White.
芝加哥大学大四学生
I’m a senior at the University of Chicago.
我主攻人类学 也是名摄影师
I’m a major in anthropology and I’m a photographer.
现在是在我的房间里
So, we’re in my room right now.
这些是我用来做任务的相机
These are my cameras that I use for assignments,
或者只是自娱 这是实话
or just for fun, honestly.
我喜欢把还没拍过的照片挂起来
I like to hang up photographs that I haven’t taken
因为我觉得
because I think that surrounding yourself
把自制照片挂在周边
with images that you’ve already created
只是巩固现有的认知罢了
kind of reinforces what you already know.
我喜欢挑选出不一样的
And I just, I like to pick out things
或是还没拍过的照片
that are different or that I wouldn’t have taken
用来研究
and kind of investigate, you know,
以后我要怎样来拍这些照片
how I could take those photos in the future.
这就是我的房间了
That’s pretty much my space.
*日常:芝加哥大学学生Luke*
A DAY IN THE LIFE LUKE SIRONSKI WHITE U CHICAGO
生活中普通的一天
A typical day in my life,
我一般在7点半到8点半之间醒来
I normally wake up between 7:30 and 8:30,
我喜欢在这时候起床吃早餐
I like to get up have breakfast,
喝许多咖啡才行
have to have a lot of coffee.
然后像往常一样出门
And then I’ll normally head out
通常 会去上课或去锻炼
and usually go to class or I’ll go to work out.
我在南区一个摄影师那里实习
I’ve got an internship with a photographer on the South Side,
不时会去那里
so sometimes I’ll go
和他一起工作
and work with him for a little bit.
休息日时我喜欢去上城区
On days that I have off I like to go uptown
冲印一些胶片
and get some film developed
或者待在家里编辑一些照片
or stay at home and edit some photos.
扫描一些胶片 最棒的是
I’ll scan in some film, and the best part,
有机会的话
absolutely is I’ll go out
到外面去拍照
and take photos when I have the chance.
我们身后的是洛根艺术媒体中心
Behind us is the Logan Media Center for the Arts.
它是几年前建立的
It’s, it was just erected a couple years ago.
我是电影研究中心的一名
So, my job is as a projectionist
电影放映师
for the film study center.
我要做的就是放映电影 DVD 视频
What I do essentially is I project films,DVDs, videos,
最有趣的是放映35毫米
and then when it gets really exciting some 35mm
和16毫米的电影
and some 16mm film.
这其实是份好工作
It’s honestly a great job,
可以泡在放映室
because you can hang out on the booth
接触许多不同的电影
get exposed to a lot of different films.
芝加哥大学很注重理论
The university’s really theoretical,
所以你所接触到的电影内容
so the film content that you’re exposed to
都不简单
is not very normal;
多数时候会接触到艺术类电影
most of the time you’re kind of getting into some art films
或一些与众不同的电影
and some, some really odd stuff.
能接触这些就很棒
And it’s nice to get exposed to all of that.
对 那是35毫米的电影
So yeah, that’s 35.
你是怎样开始涉足摄影的?
How did you start getting involved in photography?
在我九年级的时候
Yeah, so, my ninth grade year
也就是初中 有过一次巡游
when I was in junior high I went on this cruise.
我的家人储蓄了很久
Our family had saved up for a really long time
我们决定巡游
and we decided to go to a cruise to, um,
穿越地中海 意大利
throughout the Mediterranean, so,
希腊 埃及 以色列和土耳其
Italy, Greece, Egypt, Israel, and Turkey.
当时有个蹩脚的小数码相机
And I took some photos on some crappy little
就拍了一些照片
digital camera that I had back then, and, um,
当我回家看这些照片时
I was looking at the photos when I got back home
有些照片真的很酷
you know, some of these are really cool
那时候Flickr照片共享服务
But this was when Flickr, which was like a photo-sharing
发展得很好
service, is really big at the time, and was like
照片真的非常酷
you know, they’re really cool but
但是它们看起来又不像
they’re not, they don’t look exactly you know
网上看到的那些佳作
like the really good photos that I’m seeing online
我好奇那些照片怎么拍的
and I wonder how I could do that.
所以就做了一些研究
So I did some research and my mom come up
我妈妈会跟我说
to me at one point and was like, you know,
“我小时候也很喜欢摄影”
“I really liked photography when I was young as well.
“你应该试一试”
“You should try that.”
想在芝加哥大学涉足这个创造性领域
The brilliant thing about going to the University of Chicago
最美妙的事
as someone who’s trying to get into the creative field
就是你不必学习专门的技术
is that you’re not learning necessarily the technical skills,
但是你要学会如何批判性地思考
right, But you’re learning how to think critically about
你正在做的工作
the work that you’re producing.
这是Haskell宿舍
This is Haskell Hall;
我们在Harper庭院里
we’re on the Harper quad
这是人类学专业大楼
and this is the anthropology building,
我大多都在这学习专业课
so I spend a lot of my time here for my major,
上课之类的
doing classes and stuff.
所以你的专业是人类学
– So you are an anthropology major.

– Mm-hmm.
是什么让你决定主修人类学呢
– What made you decide to major in anthropology?
当时在上社会学课 你知道的
– I was taking Sosh, and, you know,
这里所有的导师都很友善
all of the professors are really amicable here and you can,
他们在意你提出的问题
they’re all engaged by what you have to say,
不论什么问题
no matter what it is,
我和一个老师聊到摄影的时候
and so I was speaking with one of my professors about photography,
她告诉我
and she told me, you know,
我认识一名摄影师Sebastiao Salgado
“There’s this photographer I know-Sebastiao Salgado,
他总会讲许多有趣的事情
and he’s got a lot of really interesting things to say.”
他说过如果想学一些东西
He said if you’re going to study something
想成为一名摄影师的话
and you’re going to be a photographer
应该学习人类学
you should study anthropology
因为它能在你的心里种下好奇的种子
because it creates within you a curiosity
和接触其他文化的意愿
and a willingness to engage with other cultures
同时不会充满
that isn’t laden with,
任何偏见和歧视
kind of preconceptions or prejudices.
我被这句话深深吸引
And I was really interested by that,
所以就上了一些人类学课程
so I took some anthropology classes
也真正爱上了它
and I really loved it.
我真的很享受学习的过程
I really, really enjoyed learning about it.
讲讲基础课程吧
– So tell me about the Core.
芝加哥大学的基础课程
– So the Core at the University of Chicago
就是一些核心课程
is a core set of classes
无论什么专业的学生都要上的课程
that every single student has to take, no matter their major.
作为一名芝加哥大学学生 我觉得
I think sosh and hume are the most important classes
社会学和人类学是最重要的课程
you take as a U. Chicago student
可以帮你建立知识基础
for building your intellectual foundation,
建立思维方式
for building the way that you think.
它让你开始关注你的人生
It causes you to really really look at your life
思维方式
and the way that you think
以及所处的文化
and the culture you exist in,
检验挑出不足的地方
to exam it and pick apart
因为你读了这些书
because you’re reading all of these authors
他们都在人生中做了同样的事
that did the same things in their lifetimes.
你愿意聊些他的事吗
– [Interviewer] Anything you wanna tell us about him?
我和Luke大学第一天就认识了
– I’ve known Luke since the first day of college.
Luke对我来说非常重要
Luke has been like, incredibly important to me
就像是我喜欢的摇滚一样
as like a, kind of just like my rock,
他也很有才
but he’s also incredible talented
或许胜于所有我认识的人
and perhaps more than anyone I know
他对自己想做的事充满激情
just so deeply passionate about what he wants to do.
我喜欢Luke
I love Luke.
哇 谢谢你
– Well, thank you.
这认可真让人感动
– That’s a rousing endorsement.
—从不抱怨—零抱怨
– No complaints at all.- Zero complaints.
—我们稍后讨论吃饭的事—有时候他会从后门溜走
– We’ll talk about the dishes later.- Sometimes he leaves the back door.
现在我们在哪儿?
– Okay, so where are we now?
现在我们正坐在
– Right now we’re sitting
雷根斯坦图书馆前面
in front of the Regenstein Library.
很遗憾 它已完全成了
I’m sorry to say it is absolutely
芝加哥大学的社交中心
the social hub of the University of Chicago.
我是说这里
Well, I mean, so we’ve got
有一些不错的咖啡馆
some pretty good cafes in there.
纠正一下 只有一家咖啡馆
We’ve only got one cafe in there, correction.
就是Ex Libris咖啡馆
It’s Ex Libris cafe.
有校园里最好的咖啡师
Best baristas on campus.
老实说 当你想要出去走走
And you know, honestly, when you wanna go hang out
觉得在家有点孤独的时候
and you’re feeling a little lonely at home,
你知道总能在Ex找到朋友
you know there’s gonna be a friend at the Ex.
所以 你的意思是说图书馆
– So, so you’d say social life
一定程度上包含着社交生活?
revolves in some, to some extent, around the library?
嗯 就是这样
– You know, and it, it does.
这也完全与
And that is entirely to do with the fact
大家都专心在这里学习的事实相关
that everyone is so dedicated to studying here.
每隔多久在图书馆
It shows by how often
能看到你的朋友就能证明这一点
you see your friends at the library.
但是除此之外还有很多个
But there is a, a lot of variation
可供学习的地方
in study space out there,
你可以找一个小隔间
and you know, you can find a cubicle,
你可以下到B层
you can go down to the B level
这里没有任何人 死一般寂静
where there’s absolutely no-one and it’s dead silent.
或者你也可以在咖啡馆聊天
Or you can be chatting away in the cafe.
但我能肯定的说
But I would say certainly
如果你想要交朋友
if you’re trying to meet some friends
或者是想找人一起出去闲逛
and if you’re trying to hang out with people,
Ex咖啡馆就是佳选之地
Ex is a good place to do that.
在芝加哥大学
– So what’s been most surprising to you
让你最惊讶的是什么
to you about U. of Chicago?
我所知道的就是 每个人
– The thing I’ve learned is that everyone is,
对某些事都很有激情
is deeply passionate about something.
如果你和他们聊这些
And they will engage with you
他们会很投入
if you talk to them about it
他们很出色
and they’re kind of prodigiously like,
上知天文 下知地理
knowledgeable about something, anything.
我有次去吃寿司
You know I, I went to sushi once
看见一群人
and I just saw this like, huge group
很多哥们在侃侃而谈
of really really big dudes talking.
像要争论什么
And I thought they, they were like fighting
然后才意识到
for a little bit, and then you realize, like,
他们争论的不是篮球之类的
they’re not fighting about like, basketball or whatever,
而是量子物理
they’re fighting about like quantum physics,
他们试图弄清
and they’re trying to figure out,
某些量子物理现象和等式
like these quantum physics occasion, equations together,
而且 怎么说呢
and it’s just, I don’t know,
能有这种
this is really beautiful
知识性氛围 真的很棒
that having this kind of intellectual hum surrounding everything.
对于正申请芝大的高中生
– And what advice would you give to a high-schooler
你有什么建议呢
applying to a school like U. Chicago?
第一 这就像一场赌博 对吧
– Number one, it’s, it’s gonna be a gamble, right?
有很多人申请
There’s just, there’s so many people
但很小的几率能通过
and there’s so few spots that
如果你没成功 并不是因为
if you don’t get in it’s not because
你自身的一些缺点
of some kind of deficiency in yourself,
而是因为
it’s, it’s because that’s just, you know,
概率本就很小
the odds are never great.
如果你幸运的申请成功
So if you are fortunate enough to get in
其中一个原因就是
I think that one of the reasons
你足够的幸运
that you were fortunate enough
可能就是因为你对自己足够自信
probably is that you stayed true to yourself.
我这么说的意思就是
And by that I mean like, you’re gonna get
题目都是随机的
a random essay question, right?
你该写写你喜欢的
Like, you should write about what you care about.
而不是在你的申请书上写上
Don’t try and pad your application with,
所有的志愿者工作
you know, all your volunteer work
或你去过的所有地方
and all of the traveling that you did.
说说你专注去做的一些事情
Talk about what you’re really invested in.
所有芝大的学生
It shows in every student here.
每个人都专注某事情
Everyone is really invested in something,
你该谈谈这些
and you should talk about that,
我觉得这才是芝大所期待的
because I think that’s what the University looks for.
比如说 我根本不知道
For instance, I didn’t know I was
会与摄影结缘
was gonna get into photography
但这正是我申请时真正喜欢的
but it’s what I really cared about when I applied.
所以我写的是编辑照片的方法
So my essay was about the way that I edit my photos
合理配色 修图
and the way that I color-correct
或设制边框的方法等内容
and crop and frame and whatever, and,
我写了我所喜欢的
I wrote about what I cared about
然后就成功被录取了
and I managed to get in somehow,
所以 如果你做了同样的事情
so I think if you, if you do the same thing
你会成功的
you’ll be in a good place.
嗨 伙伴们 感谢你们的收看
Hey, guys, thank you so much for watching.
如果喜欢本视频
If you enjoyed this video please make sure
那就订阅来看更多视频吧
to subscribe and check out more.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

在芝加哥大学,有一个地方你可以安静的学习,也可以找到人陪你逛街,或是喝上一杯咖啡,是什么地方呢,一起来看看吧

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Harold

审核员

审核员T

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9FT3Xy23cc

相关推荐