ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

日常:牛津大学的学生 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

日常:牛津大学的学生

A Day in the Life: Oxford Student

红序教育
一进入牛津大学
– From the moment you get to Oxford,
看到一群学生从图书馆涌出
you sort of feel that this is a special place,
径直去夜总会后
a unique place, because the whole vibe
又一拥而进
of students coming from libraries,
而产生的整个氛围
going straight to night clubs,
赋予了这里独特的气息
and going back to the library afterwards.
这里就像是置于
And the sort of surroundings,
花花世界中的清流
the surreal atmosphere that’s in the city
从你看到它的第一眼起
is kind of like, draws you in
就会被它深深吸引
from the first minute really.
*日常:牛津大学*保罗·奥斯沃德
大家好 我是保罗
Hi, my name is Paul.
牛津大学的一名大四学生
I’m a final year student here at Oxford,
主修哲学 政治学 经济学
studying Philosophy, Politics, and Economics,
是个德国人
and I’m originally from Germany.
由于牛津大学
Because Oxford has this weird structure
一学期八周以及随之而来的
of having eight weeks of term,
超长假期这种奇怪的教学结构
and then just a very long vocation,
那八周要学完所有
everything happens in those eight weeks.
因此我没有什么典型的
So I wouldn’t say I have a typical day,
日常或作息
or a routine that I follow.
不过我一般上午9:00去图书馆
But I tend to be in the library by 9:00 AM,
7:30起 8:00左右来杯咖啡
so I wake up at 7:30, 8:00 to get a coffee before.
在图书馆一直呆到
And then spend basically the whole day
下午2:00
until like 2:00 PM in the library.
之后会在图书馆附近的某家
Then I get my lunch, usually in one
咖啡店吃午饭
of the small cafes around the libraries.
下午或者去图书馆
And then, the afternoon is basically back
或者参加课外活动
in the library, or extracurriculars.
比如在不同咖啡店跟同学见面
So, you meet up in different coffee shops,
一起讨论他们手里的项目
talk to people about their projects,
与小组成员讨论
how things are working out
项目进展情况
on certain projects that you’re doing together,
当然 也会有些社交活动
and have a bit of social time as well.
之后 回到图书馆
And then, back to the library,
呆到9:45到10:00左右
until usually about 10:00-ish, quarter to 10.
我想带大家来这里
I wanted to bring you guys to this spot,
是因为这是我在大学里呆的
because it’s where I spend most of my time at Oxford,
最多也是最美好的地方
and definitely the best bit of my time in Oxford,
即我身后的拉德克里夫图书馆
is the Radcliffe Camera behind us,
这是个历史书籍馆
which is officially a History faculty library,
不过它只是牛津大学
but it’s part of the bigger network
中心图书馆 博德莱图书馆
of the Bodleian Library,
巨大网络体系的一部分
which is Oxford’s central library,
这绝对是我读书
and it’s definitely the space I spent the most time
吐血写论文
reading books, freaking out about essays
赶在明早准时上交
that I had to hand in the next morning,
以及会友的地方
and meeting friends.
毫无疑问 我的大部分
So, definitely this was the spot
时间都花在了这里
I enjoyed most in my time.
我可能有点太学术范了
I might be a bit of a sort of super-academic,
是个无聊的人 不过我确实很享受
really boring person, but what I really enjoy most
大部分时间徜徉书海
was having a stack of books, and a lot of time,
写相关论文的过程
and knowing I would have to write something about this.
全心全意投入其中
Make up my own mind about this.
要看这么多名著以及所处的环境
It’s kind of daunting, because you see all these big names,
可能会让你望而却步
and you’re a bit intimidated by the whole situation,
不过证明你能行
but knowing that you can do it,
并且还能讲一些关于
and that you can actually
研究的趣事
say something interesting about this,
确实是个不错的经历
was the greatest experience.
大三时因为要写论文
My third year I started taking a paper
读了亚里士多德的《尼各马可伦理学》
on Aristotle’s Nichomachean Ethics,
发现原来我曾在研究
and discovered that the tutor was actually
柏拉图或其他论文的阅读清单里
a name that I’d read 100 times on my reading lists
看到过很多次我导师的名字
for Plato and other papers.
多米尼克·斯科特 他恰好是研究古代
And he happened to be one of the biggest persons
哲学的大家
in Ancient Philosophy, Dominic Scott,
一开始知道他指导我的论文
and it was at first intimidating
还是有点紧张的
to write papers and know he’s going to read them properly.
他确实认真读了我的论文
And he did read them very rigorously,
给我的语法指正了很多错误
and made comments about my grammar,
一开始真是提心吊胆
a lot of them, and it was very scary at first.
不过后来我喜欢上了这个论文研究过程
But, I really started to love that paper,
爱上了这门课 因为我意识到
and love that course, because I really felt like
我的研究受到本领域的有名
I was taken serious by someone who’s
学者所重视
extremely well known on the field,
他极其有才华
and who’s extremely capable,
而且对我的东西感兴趣
who’s now really interested in what I’m saying,
是的 这个过程会很紧张
and, yeah, it’s a scary experience,
不过当你不需要指导后
but it’s also great to know
当你知道自己
that you’ve really done something worthwhile,
做了一件有意义的事时 也会非常开心
once you get out of your tutorial.
个别指导就是一个教授
The tutorial situation, that you have one professor
和一个学生共处一屋 就某个话题
and one student in a room, discussing one topic
讨论整整一个小时 我觉得这种独特的
for a whole hour, is something that’s completely unique,
方式大概只有牛津和剑桥有
I think to Oxford and Cambridge maybe.
在这里学了三年PPE课程
Having studied PPE here for three years,
我觉得一方面是为了
I think what it’s really about is,
通过课程去
on the one hand the sort of
学习严谨的
the theoretical rigorous knowledge
理论知识
that you learn throughout the course,
还要联系实际学习由
but also the sort of practical,
曾经的思维碰撞
the histories of conflicts,
而产生现今理论的过程
or the histories of current affairs.
除此以外 我还会出去旅行
Alongside that, I’ve also been doing a journal,
也就是间隔年旅行
called the journal of interrupted studies,
我是和我的朋友
which I started with my good friend
兼舍友马克·巴克利一起去的
and housemate Mark Barclay,
我们就只是想发表一篇
which basically tries to publish articles
冒险类的学术文章
by academics at risk.
避难学者因为战争 气候变化以及
Refugee academics who had to leave their home,
其他各种原因而
their countries, because of war,
流离失所
because of climate change, for various reasons,
他们想要继续维持他们
and who want to continue publishing their work,
赖以生存的工作
because that’s what they do for a living,
却又不能发表这些文章
but, can’t finish articles.
我俩要做的就是将其发表出来
And what we do is, we try and publish them,
从而为这些学者创建一个平台
and thereby create a platform for these academics
一方面 突出他们的潜能
to a.) highlight the potential they have.
学术诚信这个说法
The academic integrity, the knowledge
随着移民危机
that’s actually coming to Europe as well,
传到欧洲
throughout the migration crisis.
另一方面 突出其他东西
But also to highlight on the other side,
比如 由于法律限制或者大学
that a lot of these academics cannot continue their work,
无法接纳他们
because of legal restrictions,
许多学者便不能继续他们的研究工作
or because universities are quite slow in integrating them.
个人方面 这个研究对我来说很重要
And, that project has been very important for me personally,
这不仅仅是个学术爱好
because it’s more than just a sort of academic interest.
实际上也是想去见见这些有不幸遭遇
It’s actually meeting people who suffered,
同时还在寻求世界新视野的人
and who are now finding a new perspective to the world.
马克和我是在
Mark and I developed the journal
牛津附近的小咖啡店里推进杂志进程的
in all the small little coffee shops around Oxford,
The Missing Bean是
and The Missing Bean was definitely the place
我们经常去的一家店
we kept on coming back to,
事实上这里也是我们开始编撰杂志的地方
and the place we actually started the journal de facto.
在杂志上署上牛津的名确实
Having the Oxford name on the cover of the journal
在这个项目上帮了我们不少忙
definitely helped us a lot with the project,
这意味着有人为研究
because it meant that people
这个项目而找资料时
who found out about the project,
会觉得我们的比
took it to be much more credible
他们找到的其他大学生
than they would have probably taken
杂志更有可信度
a standard undergraduate journal.
说它有帮助
And, that definitely helped.
还因为对于马克和我来说
It also meant for Mark and I,
如果没有牛津大学的支持
that we wouldn’t have started the journal, I guess,
我们不可能去编纂这本杂志
without the support of Oxford University in the first place.
来牛津的时候 只觉得它
I came to Oxford thinking that it would be
会是个超级学术化的地方
super academic, and there wouldn’t
不会有太多社交活动
be much social life going on,
然而实际上却发现社交恰恰占了
but actually discovered that it’s basically
牛津日常生活的很大一部分
a huge part of the Oxford life.
每个大学都会有大学生公用室和活动室
Every college has it’s own JCR and college bar attached,
对于牛津这个饮品天价的地方来说
which means you get subsidized drinks, which is great,
这种福利还是很好的
because Oxford is insanely expensive.
另外 大学生公用室是
And the other thing is, the JCR is a spot
会见同学和校友的
to just hang out and meet people
好地方
from the undergrad community, undergraduate community.
这很好 因为你不会在这遇到高级导师
So it’s just great, because you get to chat to people,
可以自如地和别人
and talk about life in Uni,
聊聊大学生活
and there are no Senior tutors around.
是个很私人的场所
So it’s kind of very intimate.
不过这里所有的社交都是基于学校的
But everything social sort of starts within the college.
这就意味着这跟在家与认识的
Means that social life is completely different here,
同学 邻居聊天的
than it is back home, where you know people
那种社交完全不同
from maybe school or neighborhoods.
这使得牛津的社交生活与众不同
So that makes Oxford’s social life completely different.
当然 如果你
But at the same time, if you’re
在一所很小规模的学校
in a very small college likely,
你会很快熟悉那里的一切
you tend to be out too much quicker,
也更容易脱离安乐窝
so you leave the nest much more.
总之 取决于你在哪所大学
And, again it depends on which college you’re at.
结束大学最后一门考试
After you finish your last exam,
拿到学位证书
once you’re done with your degree basically,
走出考场
you walk out of examination schools,
穿上正装
and your whole first black tie outfit.
礼服 你就惨了
A white tie, actually, and you’re trashed,
有人会向你身上
which means people throw
扔各种东西
everything they can find at you, basically,
从剃须泡沫到彩纸屑
from shaving foam, to confetti,
还有食物之类的脏东西
to obscene things like food and anything.
反正你就是一身邋遢
So you’re just completely trashed,
不忍卒看
and in a disgusting state.
不过你跳到河里后
But then you jump into the river,
洗净了自己
and it all kind of like disappears,
一切回到正常
and you’re back sort of normal life,
回归校园生活
out of the Uni experience.
之后你还可以在牛津待个
And then just, you have two weeks or three weeks
两到三周 会有很多疯狂的事情
remaining at Oxford, in which loads of crazy things happen.
踢空中球 水上划舟
Go punting, driving around on boats on the river.
还有各种运动 音乐会
You go to sports, concerts.
去爬山 参加舞会 礼服晚会
You go clubbing, and you go to balls, white tie balls.
是 我即将要经历这些了
But, yeah, so that’s gonna happen today for me,
那也将是我结束牛津生活的方式
and that’s how I’m gonna end my time at Oxford.
“white tie”是指燕尾服
White tie means you have to wear a tailcoat,
穿上乍看起来像只企鹅
which looks like a penguin at first.
还得穿件马甲
But then, you’ve gotta wear a waistcoat as well.
这是”white tie”名字的由来
And, where the name comes from, a white tie.
它就是我要戴的领结
So this one’s one that I have to tie up,
要想戴好可能要花我
which will take me a good half an hour,
一个半小时时间
if I do it properly.
这些花是康乃馨
And these flowers are called carnations.
带着它们去考试
It’s a tradition at Oxford
是牛津的传统
that you wear them to your exams,
考试第一天带白色的
so you wear the white one on your first day of exams,
最后一天带红色的
and the red one on the last day of exams.
我只是觉得它们配燕尾服
But I just think they look quite cool
很酷 所以我会在这放一支
on a white tie outfit, so I’m just gonna put one here,
看看在今晚的舞会上效果如何
and see how it works tonight at the ball.
我从未参加过礼服舞会
I’ve never been to a white tie ball before,
完全不知道该期待什么
so I’m not really sure what to expect,
只希望在最后这段时光遇见一些人
but I just hope I can meet people for the last time,
和大家道别
and say goodbye to a lot of people,
还有就是要高调地离开牛津
but also sort of leave Oxford on a high note,
就像是 我要以这样的方式
feeling like yeah, this was a great time,
为这段美好时光划上句号
and this is how I wanna conclude it.
(欢快的音乐)
(upbeat music)
希望大家喜欢这个视频
I hope you enjoyed this video,
如果你想看更多
but if you want to find out more
关于世界名校的视频
about the top university of the world,
请订阅红序教育
subscribe to Crimson Education.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

牛津大学日常生活介绍,别人的大学

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

survivor

审核员

审核团Z

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbr1DcGhLqQ

相关推荐