ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

生活中的一天:哈佛学生 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

生活中的一天:哈佛学生

A Day in the Life: Harvard Student

112 THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU GRADUATE
毕业前要做的112件事
MICHIGAN, NO ADULTS ALLOWED
密歇根 成人止步
Ladies and gentlemen
女士们 先生们
Ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much.
女士们 先生们 非常感谢
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Hi, my name is Devon Guinn,
大家好 我是德文·吉恩
I’m a senior Havard from Rochester, Michigan.
我来自密歇根州罗切斯特市 在哈佛大学读大四。
I study visual environmental studies
我的专业是视觉环境学
which is basically filming animation.
简单来讲就是电影动画
And in my spare time,
在课余时间
I do a lot of beatboxing and comedy stuff.
我爱玩节奏口技和喜剧相关的东西
A Day In The Life: Harvard Student
Devon Guinn
生活中的一天: 哈佛学生
德文·吉恩
–Hey. –Hey, Devon. How’s it going?
—嗨 —嗨 德文 近来如何?
Good, nice to meet you.
还不错 很高兴见到你
You as well. So where–where we’re heading first?
我也是 那么 哪里 我们先去哪里呢?
Um, I’ve got a meeting with my independent study adviser
嗯 我和我的独立教学顾问有个会
I’m working on a thing about beatboxing.
我正想对节奏口技做点什么
-Amazing. -So… -Let’s go. Let’s do it.
—厉害 —那么…… —走吧 行动起来吧
So…How was your meeting?
那么…… 你的会议进行得如何?
It’s good! I’m doing an independant study, 
不错 我正在进行一项独立研究
um, about beatboxing, 
嗯 关于节奏口技的
I’m trying to work on making a beatboxing notation system.
我正在尝试做一个节奏口技的符号系统
There are kind of a few out there, 
市面上已经有一些类似的系统了
but they are not very useful, they are not really comprehensive, 
不过他们都不是太有用 他们并不好理解
they are really confusing to read, 
读起来很让人困惑
and I’m so passion about beatboxing
并且我对节奏口技充满了激情
I just really think that, uh, 
我只是真的认为 嗯
if we had some of the same tools that
如果我们有和其他乐器
other instruments and other music practices have
或其他音乐练习相同的工具
to learn how to beatbox,
来学习节奏口技
then people are gonna be more into it, 
那么人们会对它更感兴趣
gonna legitimates the art form.
它的艺术形式也会正统化
So, after you got into Havard, what made you choose Havard?
那么 在你被哈佛录取后 是什么让你选择了哈佛?
Um, I had applied early, 
嗯 我申请得比较早
so it was really nice.
这非常好
Um, honestly, part of it was that
嗯 老实说 部分原因是
I didn’t want to flill out other applications to other schools 
我不想填写其它学校的申请表
but I also knew that 
但我也知道
uh, this was kind of a goal
嗯 这里就像是我的目标
um, this was the place that I wanted to be.
嗯 这就是我想要待的地方
And, uh, the only other place I ended up applying to 
并且 嗯 在被哈佛录取后
after I got into Harvard was University of Michigan.
我唯一完成申请地方就是密歇根大学
Um, and, I’m from Michigan. 
嗯 是的 我来自密歇根
Growing up, my mom is a school teacher.
成长过程中 我母亲是一位学校里的老师
We didn’t really have, like, the resources that 
我们并不拥有相当的资源
somebody might expected to be ale to, like, sent here, into Harvard.
能让我想到我能够被送进这里 进入哈佛
Um, and, when we saw 
嗯 并且 当我们看到
how much financial did they offer
他们对资金的支持
just based on your need, 
会依据你的需求时
um…

I…I realized that, like I couldn’t turn it down.
我 我就认识到 我无法拒绝它
Um, especialy when it would actually be
嗯特别是当来这里上学
cheaper to go here than to University of Michigan.
实际上比去密歇根大学更便宜
I…kind of realize that Harvard
我 就意识到哈佛
was a special place.
是个独特的地方
When I first got here, I did a freshman arts pre-orientation program.
刚来的时候 我参加了一个新生艺术预录取项目
So I met a bunch of different artists,
于是我遇见了一群不同的艺术家们
so about 60 others.
大概有60个
and we, uh, we just
我们 嗯 我们就是
kinda like did bonding exercises
有点像做了一些联络感情的活动
and worked on some stuffs together
一起做一些事情
right before freshman year started.
在大学第一年开始之前
And I really got to meet some of my closest friends.
我遇见了一些知己
I’m actually living with 5 of them right now.
实际上我现在正和5个当时交到的朋友一起住
And I think after meeting them and seeing that
我认为 在遇见他们 看见
different backgrounds people come from,
大家来自多么不同的背景之后
I just realize that this is a special place.
我就意识到这是一个独特的地方
–Here we are. –What does…what does the office for the arts do?
—我们到啦 —这是……这个艺术办公室是做什么的?
They do a lot of stuff.
他们做很多事
Um, they plan a lot of events.
嗯 他们策划许多活动
They bring really cool artists or musicians to come here to teach kids.
他们让一些着实出色的艺术家或音乐家来这里教小孩子
They do master classes.
他们开办大师班
So you are meeting here now because
所以这会儿你们在这儿见面是因为
as your helping plan the kickoff event for experts?
你帮助策划了专家们的首次活动?
Exactly, yeah. And at the end of April, there’s this weekend, Art’s First weekend
就是这样 对的 4月底 也就是这周末 艺术活动的第一周
where we have tons of performances
我们会有非常多表演
from student groups, exhibitions and things of visual art
来自学生组织以及视觉艺术的展示和其他
basically, anything related to the arts.
基本上就是一切和艺术有关的东西
We’ve been working on it for a few months and
我们已经为之准备了几个月了
it’s gonna continue through April
这回持续整个4月
I’m excited to see our turns out.
我对看到我们的成果感到很兴奋
–Amazing. Uh, go in there, go make some art. –Cool.
—真棒 嗯 进去吧 来做点艺术 —酷
So, tell me about this place. Tell me about the signet.
来 和我说说这个地方 说说这个王玺社
Yeah. So the Signet Society, it’s a club, it’s a social club for artists,
好的 这个王玺社 是一个俱乐部 一个艺术家们的社交俱乐部
and you basically apply with an artistic resume,
一般来说都要凭着一份艺术简历
any Harvard student can apply, and once you get in
任何哈佛学生都能申请 当你被录取后
we just have a lot of fun events.
我们就会有许多有趣的活动
We have some parties, we have like, art-making events, some discussions.
我们有一些聚会 还有像艺术创造活动 一些讨论
We bring a lot of professors and artists in the community
我们带来了许多社区里的教授和艺术家
to come in and sort of talk to us about their craft.
来这里并且和我们讲述他们的手艺
So, it’s just a nice place to go,
总之 这就是一个值得去的好地方
to swipe in, study throughout the day,
刷卡进来 学习一天
and have lunch with people who are really into the arts
和真正热爱艺术的人一起吃午饭
and uh, just hang out.
或者 就出去走走
Hey! How are you? Good to see you!
嗨 你好吗? 真高兴见到你!
–It’s been a while. –Yeah, it has been a while. How are you doing?
—有一阵子没见啦 —是啊 有一阵子啦 你最近怎样?
So would you call this signet
那么 你会认为这个王玺社
more of a social society or an art society? Or both?
更像一个社交社团还是一个艺术社团?或者两者都有?
It’s definately uh, the intersection of the two.
这显然是 嗯 两者的结合
Is there always a music playing in the signet?
这王玺社里总有在弹奏音乐吗?
Yeah. It seems like any time I come in here,
是啊 我每次来的时候似乎都有
somebody’s sitting, you know, writing a novel
有些人坐在那里 你懂的 写着小说
or working on poems or something, but
或者创作诗歌什么的 但是
people come here, they work on stuff, so right now,
人们来这里 着手做事情 所以现在
you might hear the back ground
你可能可以听到背景是
that one of our former members Josh Wall’s
我们一个前成员乔希·沃尔
working on something with our new member, Gabe.
和我们的新成员加布一起做些什么
There’s a piano in the main room and,
主厅有一架钢琴
people can just collaborate and come in and hang out.
大家可以自由组合 进来逛逛
So what was your social life like when you first got to Harvard as a freshman?
那么 你刚来哈佛时 作为一个新生 你的社交生活是什么样的?
I think one of the things that I was blown away by
我认为有一件事让我印象深刻
when I got to Harvard was
在我刚到哈佛的时候
how many really awesome extracurricular activities in groups there are.
那就是 这里有太多非常棒的课外活动组
So I sort of dove right into it,
我几乎马上沉浸其中
I joined a web comedy group, called On Harvard Time,
我加入了一个网络喜剧小组 叫做在哈佛的时光
I met a lot of really cool upper-class men there, and
我在那里遇见了许多非常酷的上流社会人士
we had a little space, a little studio,
我们有一个小空间 一个小工作室
where people would go and hang out and
我们会去那儿 四处逛逛
have parties and then I also join the stand-up comedy society,
举办聚会 并且我也加入了单口相声社团
the stand-up comedy club,
单口相声俱乐部
and they have get together,
他们合并了
so it’s cool to be able to just join groups and
这非常棒 能够加入小组
get to know people by working on projects together
通过一起做项目认识大家
but then also be able to step out and just have fun.
但也能仅仅一起出去 享受乐趣
What do you think might make the social thing in and at Harvard
你觉得是什么让哈佛的社交
difderent than the social thing at some other school?
和其他学校的有所不同?
Um, it seems like one thing about Harvard is
嗯 似乎哈佛的一个特点就是
we don’t have a really strong frat scene.
我们并没有一个很强劲的兄弟会
We do have the final clubs, which are a little bit different, and
我们的确有本科生社交俱乐部 但这又有些不同
you know, have their own sort of vibe, I guess?
你懂的 我猜他们有他们自己独特的氛围
But I think that
但我认为
a lot of people are so involved with their organizations,
许多人密切参与他们的组织
I think the social scenes are centred around those.
我认为社交场景是以这些组织为中心的
It seems like all the parties are
似乎所有的聚会都是
“Oh, go to this party for this theater production”,
“噢 去这个聚会吧 为了这个戏剧的创作”
or “Oh, hey, we’re having a reception after our stand-up comedy show” or something like that.
或者“噢 嗨 我们在单口相声表演后有一个招待会” 或其他类似理由
So I think it’s really cool
所以我认为这非常酷炫
cuz then you not only get to hang out with
因为你不仅可以和已经很亲密的
people that you are already close with
人一起出来
but you get to meet all of their friends, too.
还可以认识他们的朋友
So what are you packing up here?
你在这打包什么?
Uh, this is my amp.
嗯 这是我的扩音器
I use it when I go street perform
我会在去街头表演的时候用上它
when I beatbox on the Harvard square.
比如当我在哈佛广场进行节奏口技表演
So when you go out to beatbox on the street,
所以你当你出去在大街上表演节奏口技时
how long are you usually beatboxing?
你一般表演多久?
Never for less than an hour and never more than 3 hours.
从不低于1小时 也从不高于3小时
Hm, just cuz…
嗯 仅仅因为……
Yeah. It definitely gets tired
是的 绝对会累的
and if it’s hot out, or anything, you know,
并且 如果这很火爆 或怎么样 你会知道的
it’s just hard to
就是难以
keep going, but yeah. So I go out.
持续 但 是的 所以我会出去表演
It kind of puts me in the disadvantage for street performing,
这相当于让我直面街头表演的不利
cause a lot of people can go sort of camp out the whole day,
因为许多人可以一天都在外面
do like, 10 hours of performance
进行 比如 10个小时的表演
and then they get really good spots.
于是他们就能占据一个相当好的位置
So I’ll have to see if when I go out whether I or not I’ll get a good spot.
于是 我必须看看当我出去是 能不能得到一个好位置
Look out.
当心
Ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much. Thank you very much.
女士们先生们 非常感谢 非常感谢
The department is called visual and environmental studies.
这个学院叫视觉与环境研究
–Yeah. It’s all weird. –What does that mean?
—是啊 这听起来都很奇怪 —这是什么意思呢?
So, um, it’s kind of an out-dated name, actually
嗯 这其实是一个过时的名字 实际上
heard, I heard tell, that they might be changing it.
有听说 我听说他们可能会改名字
Basically it’s visual arts and, and visual arts studies and
基本上 这是视觉艺术 嗯 视觉艺术研究
includes filming animation.
包括动画拍摄
What is your thesis going to be?
你的论文要写什么?
So I’m making a short animation film
我正在做一个短动画电影
It’s just, for me it’s gonna be 2D digital animation,
就是 对我来说 这会是2D数字动画
so I’m drawing it on photoshop,
所以我正在PHOTOSHOP上画图
and, its a little funy.
这蛮有趣的
It’s actually about how hedghogs
这个电影实际是关于刺猬如何
can be used as a metaphor for, like, human connection.
被作为人们之间联系的比喻
It’s a little cheesy, but
这有点俗 不过
yeah. It’s pretty fun.
是的 这相当有趣
I think it’s gonna turn out well.
我觉得电影效果会不错
Amazing. Well, I don’t beatbox.
真棒 好吧 我不会节奏口技
Would you teach me how to beatbox?
你能教教我怎么玩儿吗?
I will. And here’s why.
我会的 原因就是
I’m ready.
我已经准备好啦
Everyone thinks that
每个人都觉得
you have to, just like, sort of be born to be beatboxer.
你必须 就像是 生来就是一个节奏口技者
Or they’ll say things like,
或者他们会说
“Oh, how did you learn that you could do that?”
“噢 你怎么知道你能做到这个?”
But really, it’s just like anything else,
但其实 这和其它事一样
you just practice and anyone can be a good beatboxer.
只要勤于练习 任何人都可以成为出色的节奏口技者
And you have mentioned before you wanna
你之前有提过你想
create a beatboxing notation to make beatboxing more teachable
建立一套节奏口技标注 让这个教起来更容易
I do. Yeah. And I’m hoping that after I graduate
是啊 对的 并且我希望我毕业以后
I’ll be able to start my own beatboxing education company
能开办我自己的节奏口技教育公司
And, so, it’s just like you would reach out to a piano teacher, or
就像你会找一个钢琴老师 或者
if you wanted to learn how to sing you take voice lessons.
如果你想学唱歌 你会上声乐课
I’m hoping to offer that same sort of infrastructure
我希望能提供相类似的基础设施
for learning with the beatboxing community.
用于和节奏口技团体一起学习
–Very cool. –Yeah.
—真酷 —那是
Alright. Well, I’ll be your- I’ll be a test student for you.
好吧 那么 我会成为你的…… 我会成为你的实验学生
You got this!
你已经会啦!
Nice! Nailed it!
棒!搞定!
Nailed it.
搞定!
Was there anything that you
有没有什么事
thought would be true about Harvard that was disproven when you got here?
是你觉得哈佛有的 但是但这以后被否定的?
Yeah. I guess there’s the stereotype of Harvard.
有的 我猜哈佛会比较老派
I just kind of thought that
我就大概觉得
I was a fluke because I, you know,
我是侥幸被录取 因为我 你懂的
don’t come from a lot of money and
并没有很多钱
I went to a public school.
而且我上的是公立学校
I’m really into the arts. I’m not into finance
我对艺术非常感兴趣 我并不喜欢金融
and stuff like that.
或者其它类似的
But coming here, I think, you know, there
但来这以后 我想 你应该知道
like you definetely have people like that and
这儿一定有那样的人
there are so many other people at Harvard
但哈佛也有许多其他人
who are doing their cool things.
他们做着一些很酷的东西
So it’s really cool to see, that
所以 这是很酷的
Harvard is just a diverse place
看到哈佛就是一个多元的地方
in thought and in the people who are here.
在想法上和在这里求学的人们身上
Is there anything you would advise high school students not to do?
有什么事是你建议高中生们不要做的吗?
Yeah. I would say a couple of things.
是的 我会想说几件事
Number one, don’t freak out.
第一件 别过于害怕
It’s gonna work out
你会成功的
if you – whatever pressure you’re feeling from your parents
如果你——不管你父母或是学校里的同学
or from friends at school, whatever.
或其他人 让你感到多大的压力
Like, set that aside
把压力放在一边
and just focus on what you really want to do
就专注于你真正想做的事
and what you feel passion about and what you feels right.
你对其饱含激情的事 你认为是对的事
So you’re a senior
你是一个高年级学生
I am.
是的
You’re about to graduate.
你就快毕业了
Yeah.
是啊
Any parting words, thoughts about that, etc.?
对此有什么离别寄语、感言等等?
I just think
我就认为
I guess being a senior,
我猜 作为一个大四学生
you know, you do get nostalgic, and I just feel so lucky
你懂的 你的确会怀旧 并且我觉得非常幸运
to have been able to have the opportunity to come to a school like Harvard.
能有机会来哈佛这样的学校
And have access to so many resources that they have here.
可以用到这里有的许多资源
It’s really helped me just sort of –
这真的对我很有帮助
again this is gonna sound cliche but it’s really helped me
可能这听起来像是陈词滥调 但他真的帮助我
figure out how I deal myself as a person,
认识到我应该如何对待我自己
who I want to be and also view the world.
我想成为什么样的人 也帮助我看到了世界
I’ve – I’ve been introduced to so many different people here
我已经— 我已经被介绍给这里的许多人
and so many schools of thought and
和许多曾想进的学校
and I’m just really happy to have the time here.
我真的很高兴能在这里度过一段时光
Hey, if you like this vedio
嗨 如果你喜欢这个视频
or want to learn more about top colleges
或者想对顶级大学了解更多
don’t forget to subscribe
别忘了订阅
to Crimson Education.
哈佛教育

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

向你展示了哈佛的多元,能让有各种梦想的人找到自己未来的路

听录译者

金鱼汤

翻译译者

可可天使

审核员

joker

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c52Lyx7XbH0&t=128s

相关推荐