未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

吃得苦中苦 方为人上人

A 1% Life Requires Doing the 1% Work

[Gary] You are asking for a 1% of 1% life.
你渴望拥有万里挑一的精彩人生
So far I’ve heard, I didn’t wanna eat shit and put out stuff
目前我听到的是 我不愿意低三下四 不想付出太多
and deal with no feedback for a year or two.
不能接受1-2年内看不到回报
I don’t wanna spend the three or four hours to like learn it
我不愿意花三四个钟头去钻研一件事
’cause it seems like there’s so much.
因为觉得太麻烦了
You have to realize when you’re asking to live a 1 % life
但你要明白 如果你追求的是1%的人生
that you need to do 1% things.
就要去做那1%的人该做的事
[音乐]
You got your perspective.
你有你的观点
I just wanna be happy, don’t you wanna be happy?
我只想活得开心 难道你不想吗?
[音乐]
Um. What’s up my brother?
你好 兄弟
– It’s a real pleasure. – How you feeling?
-很高兴见到你 -最近好吗
It’s an honor, man, real pleasure.
能采访您是我的荣幸
For real, man.
我也一样
-(I’m )Ollie, good to meet you. -Ollie, such a pleasure.
-我是Ollie 见到你很高兴 -你好Ollie
I like the way you talk man.
我很喜欢你聊天的风格
-I appreciate that. -You gotta way with words man.
-您过奖了 -你很懂说话之道
Yeah, man, I appreciate that.
多谢夸奖
I appreciate that. It’s a real pleasure to see you.
太客气了 很开心在这里见到您
We were just talking for a second
我们刚聊了一会
and you know I mean like, him being like a living legend,
我觉得他堪称当代传奇
and one of the people who could actually touch Deddy, touch me,
他的故事深深打动了Deddy和我
-touch, touch anybody at the same time. -I’m aware of all of it.
-它可以令很多人受到鼓舞 -我也早有耳闻
He has all that leverage, he has his phone company,
他很有影响力 有自己的电话公司
-and he wanted to talk a little bit about his phone company. -Okay, let’s go.
-他想聊一点有关公司的事 -好 开始吧
How did it start?
公司是如何建立的?
who reached out to you?
有人帮忙吗?
You need to be at the right place, the right time
这得需要天时地利人和
-I’m a frequent in Miami a lot, you know, the small community. -Of course.
-我久居迈阿密的一个小社区 -嗯哼
I really wanted to get here because you
之所以想来这是因为您
there’s a lot of you that I see that,
这里有许多像您一样的人
-reminds you of myself, which is all of this. -Yeah?
-我想听听您的高见 -好吧
Because that means you spread it so many different ways,
因为您的事业涉猎甚广
so how the fuck do you real all that shit back in
请问您是如何做到删繁就简
and then make it, make it work for you?
并一步步走向成功的?
The reason I think I’ve been able to pull it off
我认为我能成功是因为
is sixty to eighty percent always go to one core big thing
我把60%-80%的精力都用在了核心大事上
and then I get my nut off on all my other stuff,
其他事都可以忽略
but I got one thing that’s like, you know, like
但核心大事必须把握好
It’s like a piece of, it’s like food,
好比你吃东西的时候
like there’s always a steak or a chicken,
餐盘里一定会有牛排或鸡肉
but then I got a fuck-load of Brussels sprouts and carrots,
之后又夹了很多甘蓝菜和胡萝卜
but there’s always a core.
但总还是有个重点
Hold on one sec…Jesus, that was,.that was the phone- go ahead
-稍等 有电话进来 -没关系
and that was either the wine store in Springfield, Jersey,
你或者选泽西州的春田酒庄
or Vayner media.
或是范纳传媒
If we could figure out on Instagram or Facebook or Snap, Snap…
如果可以借鉴Ins Facebook或Snap等
You know, there’s places like, for me,
这些平台在我看来
it’s running ads on the internet
都是在利用网络进行宣传
in lower income individuals,
它们选择低收益平台
targeting lower income individuals,
目标对象是低收入人群
who are more likely to not have a plan,
这些人普遍缺乏计划性
in that sweet kinda like twenty to thirty spot,
二三十岁的用户是最佳突破口
because if you’re younger.
因为人在年轻的时候
a lot of times your parents are doin’ it.
很多事要听父母的
You hit them hard with a bunch of different messages,
而你提供的内容 打破这一思维定势
like”Hey, don’t worry about getting a plan,
比如告诉他们 :“别怕做计划
we can go month to month,” like,
可以慢慢来嘛”
you catch the right video. the right…you know, it’s just like
当你做出一个很牛的视频 就相当于
a commercial, like on TV, there’s millions of commercials,
一个广告 电视上每天播放成千上万的广告
but”Just Do It” or”Priceless” or”Where’s the beef?”.
但“想做就做” “无价”和 “牛肉去哪了”却成为了经典
You know like, that’s the goal of my company, always.
而这也正是我为公司设定的目标
What’s the internet version of that?
什么是互联网时代需要的广告
Good, cool.
好 就这样
Let’s do that next within the next thirty days.
未来一个月我们一起搞定它
Mike,let’s take a photo real quick.
迈克 我们赶紧拍张照片
We don’t sleep, the money don’t sleep. Why do we have to sleep?
我们不能休息 钞票不休息 何况我们呢?
[音乐]
So, I have put out a bunch of videos, but very sporadically here and there,
我发布了很多视频 但都是零零散散地发布
– Yep – I get inspired every once in a while,
– 嗯 -偶尔有灵感的时候
and I put out four or five videos like everyone else.
我会像别人一样 发四五条视频
-Okay. -which is why I see why most people quit.
-嗯 -我想这或许就是大部分人做不下去的原因
Um, and then, nobody watches it.
视频没有人看
So I think more back to
于是我回想起
maybe your wine library days
您做《Wine Library》的经历
where you just kept pumping them out,
那时的你一直坚持更新视频
It took 5, 7, 8 years,
花了五七八年
is that what I’m facing really? Is that just
这不是和我正面临的问题一样吗?
like, yeah it’s like 3-5 videos constantly and eventually…
或许再坚持发3-5个视频之后 最终……
True, you’re, you just care about short term feedback loops.
是的 你关心的只是短期反馈回路
It’s like, I don’t even have any feedback,
可我根本没收到任何回馈
so how I’m trying to think, how do I…
所以我在想该怎么做
Well a couple things you could do,
其实你可以做的事情很多
you could spend money against the content.
你可以在内容上多花一点钱
Okay, that I don’t really have.
好吧 我从没试过
Right, so then you can just be patient and wait for it to come,
对 然后你只需要耐心等待结果就可以了
and when I say you can spend money,
我说了可以花钱做内容
and maybe you don’t have this either, but you’re here,
也许你没什么钱 但是既然来了
so this would, you should have this, I think.
我认为你应该尝试一下
Spending $200 bucks against a video highly targeted,
花200美金打造一个靶向精准的视频作品
will get you feedback if that’s what you’re yearning.
你会看到反馈 如果那是你所追求的
So your basketball example, Lebron James vs. Me,
如果你的篮球偶像Lebron James 愿意和我打一场比赛
– Em, I feel like spend like 60 dollars, 100 dollars. – Yep, awesome.
– 我愿意付出60到100美金 -我懂 很棒
I feel like gambling at the casino.
我想要赌一把
-I feel like I’m playing this card. -Yeah, yeah, yeah.
-我愿意把这张牌打出去 -对对
It’s not a tool, so,
那不是一种手段
then it brings me back to your…
于是我回到你的思路
-Be a practitioner, spend three weeks and learn and learn. -Mhm.
-让自己变得专业 花上三周的时间不断学习 -嗯
When I go on youtube, especially YouTube
当我浏览视频网站 尤其是YouTube
it just feels like there is so much out there,
感觉有很多人都在做这个
that everybody is saying their different story, it’s like hard to..
人人都在讲述自己非凡的经历 很难脱颖而出
I think the thing you have to wrap your head around,
我觉得你该做的是好好思考一下
is what you’re asking for, think about this
你想要的是什么 想想这个问题
you said”I want…”
当你说出“我要……”
It’s really important. I think you know where I’m gonna go.
这是非常重要的 你要知道自己的方向
“I wanna live a life where I can travel 3-4 months a year,
“我想过的生活是 每年可以旅行3-4个月
and still run my business and make money.”
同时可以兼顾事业和赚钱”
You’re asking for a 1% of 1% life.
你追求的是万分之一的人才能过上的生活
You’re looking to build a personal brand,
你期待创建个人品牌
-so that you can travel 4 months a year. -Yes.
-那样你就能每年旅行四个月 -是
You have to realize, when you’re asking to do,
但你必须明白 当你追求的是
to live a 1% life
1%的人拥有的人生
that you need to do 1 % things.
你就得做那1%的人该做的事
Right, right.
的确是这样
So far I’ve heard, I didn’t wanna eat shit
目前我听到的都是 我不想低三下四
and put out stuff and deal with no feedback for a year or two,
不想付出 更不能接受在一两年内看不到回报
because it doesn’t feel like accomplishing anything that makes sense to me.
因为那样没有成就感 我可以理解
No I don’t wanna be, ten years
我不想十年磨一剑
Yeah! I don’t wan na spend 3 or 4 hours to learn it,
对 我也不想花3-4个小时去钻研一件事
cause it seems like there is so much, yeah man.
因为那看起来真的很麻烦
So, it’s just video after video, cause you know…
所以我只能一个视频接一个视频 因为……
– Stick with me here then, – Okay.
– 你跟着我的思路 -好的
You want to live a 1% life, like,
你渴望万里挑一的人生
you have to do 1% things.
就必须吃那万中无一的苦
Like, that’s super hard to live a life where you get to travel 4 months a year.
因为你想每年能有4个月时间去旅行 这非常难
That was outrageous what you just asked for.
你追求的目标有点不切实际
I mean I’m asking for
我意思是我希望可以……
No, but think about it, this is everything,
不 你好好想想 这就是现实
this is the whole nut, the reason you haven’t figured…
这正是你面临的困境 你自己都没意识到这个
You’re fucking out of your mind with what you’re asking,
你追求的东西非常不切实际
thus you have to do ridiculously hard shit to get there,
因此想成功 你必须历尽九九八十一难
and you’re not even giving it a chance- you’re not,
但你甚至没有尝试一下 你没有
you’re bailing on the hardship within seconds.
你在刚遇到困难那一刻就果断放弃了
like every data point that I have heard so far its okay,
目前为止 我每天听到的观点都是 没关系
is like no chance. Let alone some chance.
他们就是觉得没有机会 更不要说有机会了
Right.

Because I don’t think you’ve quantified how ridiculous what you’re asking for is.
因为你没有对自己所追求的目标自我量化
Ok
好的
[Guest] Can I just say, I do that.
我可不可以说 我做到了
I am the living example. I do exactly what you said.
我就是个活生生的例子 你说的我都做到了
Which is?
具体哪些呢?
Travel 4 months a year and have a business,
一年旅行4个月 还经营着一家公司
and have it grow, and know the right people.
并且让公司发展起来 积累了很多人脉
[Guest] You’re the oldest guy on the room.
你是房间里年纪最大的人
Yeah, Steve, Steve
是啊 Steve
Steve, you also had three fucking heart attacks.
对啊Steve 你还发生过三次心脏梗塞呢
[Steve] I didn’t say I do it exactly like-
我没有说过自己特别成功
And, and, to your point,
那么 在你看来
how many years did it take us.
实现这个目标我们花了多少年?
When did we do it, years?
从什么时候开始做的 多少年了?
Dude, I fucking worked in a liquor store for 15 hours a day,
朋友 我曾经每天在酒类专卖店工作15小时
7 days a week for years
一周工作七天 做了好几年
and somehow people put that as like part of my narrative,
不知为何 有人认为那不过是个故事罢了
but don’t give it the respect.
并质疑其真实性
You wanna live a 1% life,
你想取得万中无一的成就
I understand that, so I wanted…
我知道 所以我想……
Cool so then,

you wanted, you told me you wanted to build,
你告诉我你想创建
you thought building a personal brand is the way to do that.
创建个人品牌 按你的想法 你认为这样可以成功
The two core things of building a per- which is fine.
建立个人品牌 有两个核心要素
The two core things in a personal brand,
而这两个核心要素
you’ve bailed on immediately.
你早就已经放弃了
Patience and practitioner-ship, you don’t wanna do either.
耐心和专业 你哪个也没做到
I know that you no wan na take some photos, I need to just-
我知道你们不想拍照片 我只要
you’re gon na go.
你走吧
Well okay.
好吧
Take this to your office.
把这个拿去你办公室
Cool thank you. I’ll see you guys later.
谢谢你们 再见
Thank you guys, thank you so much.
谢谢你们 真的很感谢
Thank you.
谢谢
We’re late.
我们来晚了
So one thing we wanna do.
所以我们想做一件事
What size T-shirt are you?
你穿什么型号的T恤?
I’m gon na grab you- – Medium –
我给你拿中号
I’m gon na grab you a medium –
我给你拿件中号
Am I gon na wear that?
我得穿这个?
I’m gonna wear, I’m gonna give you that
这件我穿 你穿那件
we just wanted to take,
我们只想在
before we start the programing, one quick picture
活动开始之前要拍张快照
with the whole board
和全体组委会成员一起
Who’re we missing?
刚刚过去的是谁?
Simon Danny pad – Hey man.
西蒙·丹尼 – 嗨 兄弟
How’ve you been? Great to see you.
最近如何? 很高兴见到你
All well?
都挺好?
Everything’s good
一切都好
Makes me happy, I gonna go
那就好 我要走了
[chill hip hip music]
[音乐]
We’re here at Raise by Us charity event and organization
我们来参加美国慈善机构发起的募捐活动
that helps organizations and their employees give back.
这次活动可以让企业和员工更好的回馈社会
Really enjoying it, on the boards, super happy about it.
很开心作为嘉宾受邀出席
Here with this beautiful man Ben Layer.
我身边这位帅哥是Ben Layer
Ben layer, the thrillest chairman of the Group Nine.
他是九国集团最有魄力的董事长
[Ben] Hi, CEO
大家好 应该是首席执行官
CEO not chairman?
首席执行官?不是董事长?
I don’t know, actually I’m not sure –
我也不懂 其实我不太确定
He’s a METS fan. – What’s this for?
-他是METS的粉丝 -录这个是要干嘛?
Is this just a vlog
就是一个视频博客
-Yeah you’re famous now – Aw God yes
– 是的 你现在出名了 – 噢好开心
So important people, come up and say hi.
各位大咖们 来和大家打个招呼
These are all highly supportive individuals.
在座都是你们忠实的拥护者
My original co-founder Danny who uh,
这是我最初的合伙人Danny
And Gary, Beth, Emily and Ellie in the corner.
欢迎Gary Beth Emily 还有那边角落里的Ellie 欢迎你们
So thank you all for uh,
感谢各位大驾光临
so now we’re gonna do
下面我们要进行的是
Yeah you should take me -OK, OK
你和我一起主持 -好的
Anyway, so we’re gonna get some of the quick panel,
本次大会组委成员已经就位
uh, we seem to, there we go. David and Catherine.
那先开始吧 David Catherine
So we’re gonna do this much more quickly than most panels
我们组委会的行动力 应该会超过别的任何小组
but we felt like because we have such an esteemed group of,
既然我们有这么令人尊敬的团队
uh, interesting and wonderful board members
成员们都是风趣而杰出的人物
it would be disrespectful not to let them share their advanced knowledge,
如果不让各位分享点经验 有点不尊重他们
-in particular, Gary? -Hahaha
-特别是Gary 是吧? -哈哈哈
Gary, as you so Vaner media has been in hyper growth hiring
Gary 你领导的范纳传媒这些年蓬勃发展
huge numbers of people for uh, years now.
一直在大量招兵买马
Which is shocking.
真是不可思议
Are you, what’s the thing that you struggle most with?
目前对你来说 最大的困难是什么?
On a cultural perspective.
从企业文化的角度
As you, as you sort of needed to build a team fast,
你需要快速组建团队
uh, how do you maintain that?
你打算怎么做?
Where is the break down?
你认为困境在哪里?
Sure, so I think there’s a lot of variables and
好的 我认为其中有很多可变因素
I’ll use the context of the other answers in here
我会用其他问题的答案来回答它
you know, this ecosystem a lot of faces I see
这个圈子里我接触过很多人
I think what was interesting is
我觉得有趣的是
when I started Vaner
当初在创办范纳的时候
I was coming from investing,
我找到了投资方
and kind of the tech ecosystem,
和技术支持
and with Vanor, It had to be profitable
范纳这个公司 它必须盈利
we didn’t raise capital.
因为我们没有去筹集资金
So, it’s one thing to maintain culture
因此 首要的一件事就是建立企业文化
when you can get away with losing money every year.
当你终于摆脱了连年亏损的局面
It’s another thing when you have to make payroll
这个时候你要做另一件事了
every two weeks.
每两周你要发一次工资
So, for me I agree with everything here
所以于我而言 你们愿意怎么做都可以
and on top of it, I had to be profitable everyday
但大前提是 我每天都得看到盈利
since we’ve had it.
因为公司就在那里
That’s number one. Number two.
这是首要的 其次
I didn’t come from the advertising world
我本人不是做广告出身的
and so my biggest problem is,
所以我最大的问题是
For the nine hundred people that work for me,
对我们公司的900员工来说
I’m a little bit of enigma in a lot of my actions.
我的很多举动不按常理出牌
Because I’m also breaking the industry
因为我打破了行业惯例
and having different perspectives on creative and media.
并且对创意和媒体持有不同的见解
So the truth is, you know everyday in the process of what we’re doing
所以你知道我们每天做的事情
we’re,I’m fighting a market
都是在和市场对抗
that doesn’t necessarily wanna buy what I’m selling.
现有的市场不愿接受我兜售的产品
Employees that are holding up the past on a pedestal.
而员工们认为你过往的职业生涯是很重要的
So Ben everything’s a problem.
所以说啊Ben 简直困难重重
Hahahha
哈哈哈哈
Does the New York Tech Community
纽约科技集团
have an obligation or responsibility to give back,
是否有义务回馈社会
and why do you think that’s the case?
这件事你怎么看?
And when does the New York Tech Community
换句话说 纽约科技集团什么时候(回馈社会)
I mean, the answer is yes, because to me,
答案是肯定的 因为对我来说
its not about the New York Tech Community,
这不仅是纽约科技集团的问题
its about every human and organization on earth,
而是世界上每个人 每个组织都应该做的
if you have the- there is a unbelievable misunderstanding
如果你……其实大家有个很大的误区
of how much abundance there is in the world,
就是认为世界很富足
and I think if your lucky enough to be in a position
我认为 如果你有幸到达某个位置
to be able to, weather your a human individual here,
可以成为任何你想成为的人
or an organization of start up,
或者选择去建立一个组织
the New York Tech Community, the San Francisco Tech Community,
纽约科技集团 旧金山科技集团
the Tokyo Tech Community, the Fashion Community in Germany,
东京科技集团 德国时尚集团
whatever you are, I think there’s a real deep need to understand
无论是哪一种 有一点你必须深刻地明白
that there’s an underlining obligation
你肩负着更大的社会责任
if you’ve been gifted enough with the proper D.N.A,
如果你是天赋异禀
and circumstance that something good is going on.
并且人生一帆风顺的话
Ben, I would just wanna add one thing,
Ben 我还想补充一点
in the way that you ask the question of like,
像你问的这些问题
how do you think about the R.O.I.of social purpose?
你如何看待社会使命的投资回报率?
Its really interesting, for me,
这很有趣 因为在我看来
I don’t think about it at all.
我从来不想这些问题
I think one of the things I’m fascinated by is
让我关心的只有
when your giving, that should be it.
我想给予的时候 我就会给予
The thought that there’s so many people
有太多的人
that are using doing the right thing,
看似在做正确的事
as a gateway drug to a financial output,
以此作为攫取财富的先导药
I think has caused a lot of citizism
我认为这导致了小市民主义的出现
and a lot of things that I’ve seen in startup step,
以及创业初期面临的很多问题
make me upset, not happy,
这让我感到生气 而非开心
because I’ve seen a front load of the profits
因为我看到了他们是为了利益
to make it look like they’re trying to do good,
才让自己看上去像在努力做好事一样
when there just trying to make money. Like,
其实心里想的只是挣钱
when I give, I give.
当我想要给予时 我就会给予
Period. Move on.
坚持不懈 一往无前
And so, I think that’s an interesting conversation
因此 我认为这是个有趣的话题
that I don’t see touched on,
之前从没有涉及到过
and I think there’s something
我认为这个问题
that should be debated a little bit.
确实值得深入探讨
I think to that point of that interaction,
我认为从某种意义来说
I think in these scenarios-
像这种场合的面对面交流
and I think some of us have the luxury of being involved in boards
我们中有些人有幸当选组委会成员
or being at these kinds of events, like,
或者仅仅是参与这样的活动
when I think about my life,
每当我审视自己的人生
so many times I’ve been in the audience
常常觉得自己就像观众
compelled by emotional stories, or things that I could help with,
会因为一些不幸的 或自己能帮忙却没帮的事情倍感压力
and then the high of the moment goes away.
直到热血沸腾的时刻过去了
The next day comes, life takes over,
第二天到来 光阴就这样虚度
and you don’t act,
你还没开始行动
and so I think, for us, you know,
所以我认为 对我们来说
for me, whether its a silent auction,
对我来说 无论是无声竞拍的形式
or if you’re in a position where its not financial,
或者即使你现在没什么钱
and you can volunteer,
你可以做志愿服务
I think what I’m doing here, to wrap it up,
今天在这里 我所做的事情总结起来
is like here’s my action above and beyond. And I would,
就是我以前在做 并且今后也将继续的事业 而且
it would mean the world to all of us associated
这意味着世界与我们每个人密不可分
whether through some hustle as a volunteer,
无论是出于强制来做志愿服务
bidding on something at the silent auction table
或者以在无声竞拍中出价的形式
that you can go flip on ebay later, however you roll
稍后你可以浏览一下易贝 无论是那种方式
or by making a donation
或者直接捐款
or getting your organization involved,
或让你的组织也参与进来
it would mean so much to us
这对我们意义重大
if you could take action on today, you know,
如果你们现在行动起来的话
and that’s how I see it.
以上就是我的拙见
So thank you so much for being here.
感谢大家出席本次活动!
Thank you.
谢谢
You’re welcome buddy.
不客气 朋友
[音乐]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

聆听导师GARY 关于成功的真相

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

挥着翅膀的小叨

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDkiqoNX6GM

相关推荐