未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

99个你想知道的人体真相

99 Quick Human Body Facts You Wish You'd Known Before

You know, your body isn’t only your temple.
你知道吗 身体不仅仅只是你灵魂的居所
It’s a veritable chamber of secrets.
更是一个名副其实的密室
Let’s discover them altogether.
让我们一起来探索这些秘密吧
Let’s discover them.
让我们探索发现吧
Ah, their joke is so old it has moss on it.
他们的笑话也太老土了
Let’s go.
出发
If you decided to count all those numerous nerve cells in your brain,
如果你想数一数你大脑里的那些神经细胞的数量
it would take you up to 3,000 years.
将会花费3000年的时间
When your brain sends messages to different parts of your body,
当你的大脑给身体各个部位发送信息时
the signals travel along your nerves
信息会通过神经
at a speed of up to 270 miles per hour.
以每小时270英里的速度传递
The average person consumes the weight of 7 African elephants in their lifetime.
平均每人一生要消耗等同于7头非洲象重量的食物
No wonder next fact—.
难怪有了接下的事实—
then we spend about four years eating
这些量的食物四年才能吃完
Speaking of spending time,
说到花费时间
blinking takes about a tenth of your waking hours.
眨眼睛的时间占清醒时间的十分之一
All in all, we spend 40% of our life with the eyes closed,
总而言之 我们一生40%的时间都是闭着眼睛
most of it being asleep.
其中大部分时间是睡眠状态
In a single day,
在一天中
blood in your body travels half the distance around the earth.
血液在体内流淌的路程 可绕地球半圈
If you were to collect all the skin cells in the atmosphere,
如果你把大气层里的皮肤细胞 收集起来
it would amount to a billion tons.
将会重达十亿吨
That’s because, every human sheds about 9 pounds of skin cells per year.
那是因为每人每年会脱落9磅皮肤细胞
Hey, just call me “Flicky”.
嘿 就叫我“挠挠”吧
The average human has around 100,000 hairs on their head.
每人头上平均长满约十万根头发
Without cutting, their hair would grow up to 40 feet in length during your lifetime.
如果一直不剪 头发在有生之年能长到40英尺长
Human eyes can distinguish over 10 million colors.
人的眼睛能辨别超一千万种颜色
About a quarter of all your bones are in your feet.
人脚上的骨头大约占全身骨头总数的四分之一
Humans can regenerate cartilage in their joints.
人的关节软骨可以再生
Researchers call it “our inner salamander”.
研究者们称它为“身体内部的蜥蜴”
Bones are five times harder than steel,
骨头的硬度是钢的五倍
but rather brittle at the same time.
但同时也易碎
You breathe about 20,000 times a day.
你一天会呼吸两万次
Probably accounts for all that hot air.
也可能是热的原因
Now when I said that, you started noticing your breathing.
当我这样说时 你开始注意你的呼吸了
Yeah, you did. Prove me wrong in the comments.
你注意了 我猜错了吗 请写下评论
There are more than 1,000 genes
有超过一千个基因
that define how good we are at studying and learning.
决定了我们学习研究的能力有多好
If we spend too much time away from other people,
如果我们花很多时间去远离他人
we get more prone to inflammatory diseases.
我们更容易患炎症疾病
There’s an area in the brain that scientists believe
科学家们相信 大脑里有一个区域
can be turned on and off to release stress.
可以通过被打开或是关上 来释放压力
Brain structure changes every time we learn something new.
每次学习新东西时 大脑的结构也在变化
Birthmarks can be of many different colors,
胎记也可以是不同的颜色
one of them, blue.
其中一种是蓝色
Although there are only four blood types,
虽然人的血型只有四种
there are as many as 36 blood group systems in humans.
但是人体中有36种血型系统
There are people who can sleep 4 or even 3 hours per day
有些人每天睡4小时 甚至3小时
and feel perfectly rested.
就能休息得很好
I’m not one of those.
这些人里不包括我
Tiny harmless mites called demodex
一种无害的螨虫叫蠕形螨
live in almost every person’s eyelashes.
它寄居在几乎所有人的睫毛上
Oh, that’s just creepy.
噢 太吓人了
Our ears grow a hundredth of an inch per year throughout our lives.
在一生中 耳朵每年会增长百分之一英寸
So, get out your calculators
那么 拿出你的计算器
and determine how many years you’d need
计算出需要多少年
until your earlobes touch the floor like Dumbo.
你的耳垂才能像小飞象一样 碰到地面
The average number of beats your heart does per year is 35 million.
人均每年心跳次数为3500万次
When you scratch an itch, your brain thinks the body is hurt,
当挠痒时 大脑认为你的身体受了伤害
and switches its attention from the itch.
从而把注意力从痒上移开
As you age, you gradually lose the sense of taste
随着年龄的增长 你会逐渐失去味觉
up to 30 present by the age of 60.
到60岁 会失去30%的味觉
The average person eats about 35 tons of food throughout their life.
人一生平均会吃约35吨的食物
The speed of a sneeze is on average 100 miles per hour.
喷嚏打出来的速度平均为每小时100米
Hair on your body protect you from insects
身体上的毛发对昆虫的出现示警
by warning of their presence on you.
从而保护你远离它们
Really? Insects leave presents for you?
真的吗?昆虫还给你留下礼物了?
Every person has stripes on their body
每个人身上都有条纹
called blaschko’s lines.
被称为布拉什科纹
And they only become visible when something’s wrong.
这些纹出现时 说明你的身体有问题了
Because of overall healthcare improvement,
由于整体医疗的改善
our nails now grow faster than a half of century ago.
现今指甲生长的速度 比半个世纪前要快
Lips are the most sensitive part of your body
嘴唇是我们全身最敏感的地方
with over a million nerve endings,
嘴上有超过一百万个神经末梢
and the most vulnerable, too.
也最容易受伤
There’s a name for the dip between your upper lip and nose.
在上嘴唇和鼻子中间的地方
It’s the Philtrum.
叫人中
And the tissue that connects
有一条筋连接
your tongue to the floor of your mouth
你的舌头和舌下
is called the Frenulum.
叫作舌系带
Hey, great name from an oral surgeon, Philtrum and Frenulum, MD.
是以口腔外科医生Philtrum Frenulum博士的的名字而命名的
Your lips also don’t sweat,
你的嘴唇也不会出汗
because they don’t have sweat glands.
因为嘴唇没有汗腺
You can survive and live a pretty normal life
即使你没有了一对器官的其中一个
without one of each of your paired organs.
你还可以活着 并且过正常的生活
Your organs slightly changed their positions when you ride a roller coaster.
你在坐过山车时 你的器官会稍稍地改动位置
Does all the barfing have much to do with there?
坐过山车呕吐和那有关系吗?
During your ride, your body also thinks it’s been poisoned,
其实是在乘坐过程中 你的身体觉得是中毒了
which is why you feel sick.
所以你会觉得恶心
Uh Ah,
原来如此
You don’t react to smells while you’re asleep,
你熟睡时不会对气味产生任何反应
and don’t even feel them.
甚至感受不到气味
There’s scientific proof that our brain is better at learning in the evening.
科学证明 我们的大脑在晚上更擅长学习
Scientists believe that the umbilical cord
科学家相信脐带是
is the very first toy for the yet unborn child.
未出生孩子的第一个玩具
Yeah, my mom said it felt like I was jumping rope in there.
没错 我妈妈说过 感觉就像我在她肚子里跳绳
Human tears and saliva contain enzymes
人的眼泪和唾液中含有溶菌酶
that can help treat various diseases.
从而可以帮助治疗各种疾病
A marathon runner spends as much energy per day
马拉松运动者每天消耗的能量
as a soon-to-be mother.
和准妈妈消耗的一样多
There’s a limit to our body’s energy expenditure.
我们的身体能量消耗是有限度的
It’s two and a half times the energy we spend while resting.
限度是休息时消耗能量的2.5倍
There’s another organ inside our skin
在我们皮肤里 有一个皮下组织
that’s responsible for feeling pricks and pressure to the skin.
它能使我们感受到刺痛感和皮肤的压力
Some people can navigate using magnetic fields of the planet,
一些人可以通过地球的磁场来航行
just like birds.
就像鸟一样
Bacteria living in your gut
细菌寄居在你的大肠里
can slow down aging if kept healthy.
如果保持不病变的话 可以延缓衰老
Fingerprints are not entirely unique.
指纹并非完全独一无二
There’s a 1 to 64 billion chance
有六百四十亿之一的概率
that your fingerprints are similar to someone elses.
你的指纹和另一个人的一样
All bones inside the human body can regenerate except your teeth.
人体内的骨头都可以再生 牙齿除外
Humans have the same amout of hair all over their bodies as chimpanzees.
人体全身的毛发数量和黑猩猩的一样多
Ours are just not so visible.
只是 我们的毛发看不出来
You read 10 to 30 percent faster when holding a paper book,
读纸质的书 阅读速度可以快10%到30%
not a phone or an e-reader.
手机或是电子书却比不上
A couple of minutes before you begin exercising at a gym,
在健身房 运动之前的几分钟里
your heart rate goes up in anticipation.
你的心率会提前升高
Your muscles normally use about 60% of their power.
通常情况下 只有60%的肌肉力量会被使用
But in an emergency,
但是在紧急情况下
these limits can be pushed by a lot.
这些限度会被大大突破
You can only takes food when your tongue is wet.
只有你的舌头湿润时 你才能吃东西
And if you out of saliva, you won’t taste a thing.
如果你没有唾液 你将什么都吃不了
When you sleep in an unfamiliar place,
当你在一个不熟悉的地方睡觉
one hemisphere of your brain stays more awake,
你一半的大脑会保持更清醒
helping you look out for trouble.
从而帮助你提防危险
Your nose gets hotter when you lie,
当你撒谎时鼻子会变热
which is aptly called the Pinocchio Effect.
这种现象被形象地称为 皮诺曹效应
Although yawning is contagious by yourself,
虽然打哈欠是自身诱发的
excuse me,
不好意思
we are much more likely to yawn together with our close people.
但很容易影响身边人 一起打哈欠
Our brain is 60% fat,
我们大脑60%是脂肪
which is why it tries its best to make you walk off a healthy diet.
所以才会总想摆脱健康饮食
A mosquito bite can help you get rid of a bruise on your skin.
被蚊子咬一口能帮你 消除皮肤上的淤青
Yeah, try to get a mosquito to land in just one place.
没错 就让蚊子在一个地方叮吧
Always.
绝对有用
Your little finger makes up for half your hand strength.
小拇指占据手掌一半的力量
The tiniest bone in your body is in your middle ear.
人体中最小的骨头在你的中耳
It’s called the Stirrup,
叫镫骨
and it’s just one tenth of an inch long.
它只有十分之一英寸长
Different smells can affect our hair,
不同气味可以影响我们的头发
making it grow faster or slower,
使头发长得快或是慢
or even temporarily change how they look.
甚至可以短暂的改变头发的样子
You glow a little bit, imperceptible to the human eye,
你在微微发光 但人的肉眼难以察觉
with the peak of this glowing being at about 4 p.m.
到下午4点时 是最闪亮的
There’s a bone, called Fabella,
有一块骨头 叫豆骨
in the legs of almost half the people on earth,
地球上几乎一半的人腿里都有
which is there to reduce friction in our knees.
它可以帮助膝盖减少摩擦
When your heart races for a short time,
心跳加速一小会
it’s good for your immune system.
有益于你的免疫系统
The cornea of your eyes is the only part of your body
人眼里的眼角膜 是我们身体中唯一可以
that receives oxygen directly from the air.
直接从空气中吸收氧气的
Your lungs get darker over time
随着时间变化 你的肺会变黑
especially if you live in a big city.
尤其是生活在大城市中
Your tongue has a factory receptors,
你的舌头上有很多感受器
that is, it can feel smells as well as your nose.
就是说 它和你的鼻子一样能感受到气味
Humans can live even with just half of their brain.
即使有一半的大脑 人也可以生活
Hey, no comments, no comments.
嘿 我就不予置评了
You can train to be either a night owl or an early riser.
你可以训练成为夜猫子或是早起鸟
It’s just a matter of habit.
只是习惯而已
The smell of high-calorie food can make you less hungry,
闻高卡路里的食物 可以使你不那么饿
if you smell it for about two minutes.
但需要闻上两分钟
The sense of taste weakens when you eat in an uncomfortable position.
当你以不舒服的姿势吃东西时 味觉会减弱
Your stomach completely renews its lining every couples of days,
每天 你的胃会彻底更新代谢它的消化通道
not to eat through itself.
但不代谢掉自己
Your skin gets totally renewed about every month,
每个月 你的皮肤会全部的更新代谢
gradually shedding all of its 300 million skin cells.
3亿的皮肤细胞会慢慢脱落
Skin is, in fact, the largest organ of your body,
实际上 皮肤是人体最大的器官
weighing up to 12 pounds.
皮肤的重量达到12磅
When you move your eyes too quickly,
当你快速转动眼睛时
the brain will process the image in such a way
大脑会处理 这个过程中的图像
that you don’t notice the movement itself.
而不会注意它在转动
You might cough when cleaning your ears,
你在挖耳屎时 可能会咳嗽
because you touch the vagus nerve——
那是因为你碰到了迷走神经
connecting many of your organs including ears and throat.
迷走神经连接多个器官 包括耳朵和嗓子
Your thumbs have their own names,
你的大拇指是有名字的
mine are Mike and Bob.
我的大拇指叫迈克和鲍勃
The one on your hands is Pollex,
你的大拇指叫Pollex
and on your feet is Hallux.
大拇趾叫Hallux
Yes, the thumb on your foot.
没错 大脚拇指
Really, the big toe.
最大的脚趾
Your immune system doesn’t know your eyes exist.
你的免疫系统不知道 你的眼睛的存在
So, they are on their own.
所以 眼睛只能靠自己了
If you count the number of cells in your body,
如果你要数数 体内细胞的数量
you’ll find out you are more bacterial than human.
你会发现你更像是一个细菌体
Your gums heal much faster than any other part of your skin.
牙龈愈合速度比 其它地方的皮肤愈合更快
Even if there’s only a quarter of your liver left in your body,
即使你的肝脏只剩下四分之一
it will eventually regrow to its original size.
它还是会再生长到原来的大小
Humans can outrun almost any other animal in long distances.
在长跑中 人类会超过几乎所有的其它动物
This is the way our ancestors used to hunt.
这就是为什么 我们的祖先曾是猎人
You exhale your body fat.
你呼出了身体的脂肪
No, I didn’t make that up.
我没在编哦
The small intestine is four times longer than the large intestine.
小肠的长度是大肠的4倍
There are two vowels in bowels.
bowel里有两个元音
There are no muscles in your fingers,
你的手指里没有肌肉
because they’re controlled by tendons in your forearms.
因为你的手指受前臂肌腱支配
If you eat too much carrot,
如果你吃了很多胡萝卜
the pigment within it may make your skin orange.
胡萝卜内的色素 会使你的皮肤变成橘色
Nah, I won’t go there.
啊 我可不想
If you lose your hearing, it will strongly affect you sense of balance.
如果你失去了听觉 这会强烈影响到你的平衡感
The same applies to your eyesight.
同样适用于你的视力
With your eyes closed, you easily lose balance.
当你闭上眼睛 你会很容易失去平衡
Glabella is the name for that small patch of skin between your eyebrows.
印堂是你眉毛之间一块皮肤的名称
Boy, that’s a good icebreaker.
兄弟 那是很好的破冰
You have a lovely glabella.
你有一个可爱的印堂
Humans are one of the most complex species in the world.
人类是世界上最复杂的物种之一
Yet Amoeba have hundreds of times more genes than us.
目前 变形虫的基因比人类多上百倍
Your eyes have quite a few blind spots,
你的眼睛有很多视觉盲点
but the brain fills them in, so you have a clearer image.
但是大脑进行了填充 所以你能看见清晰的图像
Your stomach has lots of microplastics in it at any given time.
在一些时候 你的胃里有很多塑料颗粒
There’s a gene in the human body
人体里有一个基因
that’s called Sonic Hedgehog.
叫音猥因子
True.
是真的
You can see your nose all the time.
你可以一直看见你的鼻子
You just prefer not to notice it.
即使你宁愿不想注意它
You also swallow saliva all the time without thinking about it.
无意识下 你也在一直吞咽唾液
And your tongue doesn’t properly fit in your mouth
你的舌头并没有精确匹配你的嘴
but you mostly ignore it, until you accidently bite it.
直到你不小心咬到它的时候才会注意到
Well, I hope that’s enough for uncomfortable truths right now.
好了 希望那些令人不快的事实 就到这里
So hey, If you learn something new today,
嘿 如果今天你从这个视频中有所学到
then give the video a like and share with a friend.
请记得点个赞 并把它分享给一个朋友
And here are some other videos I think you’ll enjoy.
还有一些其它的视频 我想你会喜欢
Just click to the left or right.
请点击左面或是右面
And remember: stay on the bright side of life.
记住:继续生活在光明的那一面

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

我们的身体藏有许多秘密。很多时候我们不止一次想过一些问题:我们要花多长时间在吃上?为什么人在坐过山车的时候会感觉不舒服?为什么我们在清理耳道的时候会咳嗽?其实这些问题早就已经有了答案。

听录译者

芝麻坠儿

翻译译者

Monica

审核员

审核员OYN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaDsHDFhA6s

相关推荐