ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

9个英语成语及其解释和示例 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

9个英语成语及其解释和示例

9 English Idioms with Explanations and Examples | Learn English Vocabulary Lesson #Spon

[电子音乐]
[electronic music]
大家好
– Hello, everyone!
欢迎回到 和露西学英语 节目中
And welcome back to English With Lucy.
我已经尝试过了
I have been testing out
Ins上的新功能
the new poll function on Instagram.
如果你还没关注我的话
If you don’t already follow me
搜索@LearnEnglishWithLucy
it’s @LearnEnglishWithLucy.
有些人可能直接搜了@EnglishWithLucy
Somebody already took EnglishWithLucy
所以得加上“Learn” 我的错
so I had to add learn, I’m sorry.
嗯 我在我的Ins故事里
So yes, on my Instagram Stories
有问过你们
I’ve been asking you guys
想看什么内容的视频
what you want to see in my videos.
所以现在我要来讲
I’m going to be talking to you
一些非常棒的俗语和表达
about some really lovely expressions and idioms.
而且 我要讲的是
And I’ve decided that I’m going to talk about
和动物有关的俗语和表达
expressions and idioms that relate to animals.
因为在我们的日常生活中
Because in a lot of our daily conversation,
会经常提及动物
we mention animals
但我们有时不打算谈论动物
but we don’t always intend to talk about animals.
所以我们今天来好好讲讲吧
So let’s talk about that today.
首先 在我们开始之前
Quickly, before we get started,
我想好好感谢下今天视频的赞助商Lingoda
I’d just like to thank the sponsor of today’s video, it is Lingoda.
你们应该已经知道了
You guys should already know this.
Lingoda是一个在线语言学院
Lingoda is an online language academy.
你可以在上面学英语 西班牙语 德语 还有法语
You can learn English, Spanish, German, and French.
也有真人面对面课程
And you have real face-to-face video lessons
可以申请私人导师 或者小组学习
both with private tutors and with groups as well.
你报名一个包月套餐
You sign up on a monthly subscription package basis.
然后 他们让我给你们一个特殊的优惠
And they’ve given me a very special offer for you.
在Lingoda的首月有50欧元或美元的折扣
You can get 50 Euros or $50 off your first month at Lingoda.
你们需要做的就是点击
All you have to do is click on the link
视频简介里的链接
in the description box
优惠码是LUSY2
and use the code LUCY2.
好了 让我们开始今天的课程
Right, let’s get started with the lesson.
第一个
Now the first one,
当我说“the birds and the bees”的时候 是什么意思呢?
what am I talking about if I talk about ‘the birds and the bees’?
我可能说的是
So I might say something like,
我从学校的朋友那里
“I learned about the birds and the bees
学到了关于the birds and the bees的知识
“from my friends at school.”
或者是 我妈妈拒绝教我
Or “My mom refused to teach me
有关于 the birds and the bees
“about the birds and the bees.”
那应该是什么意思呢
What could it possibly mean?
它的意思是性教育 或者有时就指性
It means sex education or sometimes just sex.
举个例子 如果我问你 你在哪里学
If I ask you, “Where did you learn
the birds and the bees
“about the birds and the bees?”
我就是在问你 你在哪里学到
I’m asking you, “Where did you learn
性知识的
“about how babies are made?”, for example.
知道这个短语很重要 它可以使你
It’s an important one to know
避免各种尴尬的情况
to avoid any awkward situations.
我不想有人问你
I don’t want somebody to ask you
关于birds and bees的时候
about the birds and the bees
你却开始谈论有关蜂蜜和鹦鹉的事情
and for you to start talking about honey and parrots.
[笑]
(laughing)
下一个就是 to have ants in one’s pants
The next one is to have ants in one’s pants.
我想知道这个翻译成你们国家的语言是什么样的
I wonder if this one translates into your language.
如果与你的母语里的表达一样的话 就在下方留言吧
Comment below if this one is the same in your language.
但是如果你 have ants in your pants
But if you have ants in your pants,
它意思是你很着急
it means that you are full of nervous energy,
你不能停下来
you can’t stop moving,
你可能有点过于活跃
you’re maybe a little bit hyperactive.
特别是在早上
So sometimes in the morning
我真的想去晨跑
I really want to go on my run
于是我就坐立不安
and I have ants in my pants.
直到我开始晨跑才停下来
I can’t stop moving until I go on my run
释放所有的能量
and burn all my energy.
好 下一个是个短语动词
Now the next one is a phrasal verb
就是 to chicken out
and it is to chicken out.
to chicken out
To chicken out.
我用它造个句
I’m going to use it in a sentence for you.
我本来要从悬崖上跳下去的 但是我chickened out
I was going to jump off the cliff but I chickened out.
这两个单词连用
It’s inseparable.
你不能把它分开
You can’t separate it.
意思是因为你害怕了
It means, to decide not to do something
所以你决定不做某事了
because you are scared.
表示因为你的恐惧而放弃做某事
It’s to avoid doing something because you are scared.
所以 我将要从悬崖上跳下去了
So I was going to jump off the cliff
但是我害怕了 所以我没跳
but then I felt afraid so I didn’t.
我临阵退缩了
I chickened out.
下一个 我准备了另外两个短语动词
The next one, I’ve got another phrasal verb for you
就是 clam up
and this is to clam up.
三缄其口
To clam up.
clam是种甲壳类水生动物 是种海鲜
A clam is a shellfish, it’s a type of seafood.
好吃
Delicious.
但是 to clam up 与甲壳类水生动物没关系
But to clam up has nothing to do with shellfish.
我会说 我问它昨晚他去哪了
I could say, “I asked him where he was last night
然后他很快clammed up
“and he quickly clammed up.”
如果他clammed up 那表示
If he clammed up it means
他闭上了嘴 停止说话
he shut his mouth, stopped talking.
表示特别突然很迅速的停止了说话
And it means to stop talking quite suddenly and abruptly.
好 下一个
Now the next one,
我不记得我之前的视频里有提到过吗
I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this in a video before.
可能吧 但是我觉得这个对于这个视频来说
Maybe, but I think it’s very relevant
非常相关 而且很重要
and important for this video,
就是 to hold one’s horses
it is to hold one’s horses.
它可以被用来表示感叹
So it could be said as an exclamation,
hold your horses
“Hold your horses!”
hold your horses
“Hold your horses!”
意思是 等等 别着急
It means “Wait and be patient!
别不耐烦
“Stop being impatient.”
我记得我妈妈过去经常对我说这个
I remember my mom always used to say this to me,
特别是下雪的时候
especially when it was snowing.
我总是想出去
I always wanted to get outside,
进入雪的世界 然后她经常说
go in the snow and she used to say,
hold your horses
“Hold your horses.
如果你去雪地里
“If you’re going out on the snow,
你需要带上帽子 围上围巾
“you need to wear a hat, you need to wear a scarf,
我们得给你穿上外套
“we need to get your coat on.”
我太兴奋了 都坐不住了
And I was too excited, I had ants in my pants.
我必须hold my horses 稍作等待 耐心一点
I had to hold my horses and I had to wait and be patient.
下一个是to be in the dog house
The next one is to be in the dog house.
to be in the dog house
To be in the dog house.
我可能说 我爸爸昨晚
So I might say, “My dad came back
从酒馆很晚过来
“very late from the pub last night
他现在 in the dog house
“and now he’s in the dog house.”
To be in the dog house意思是
To be in the dog house means
跟某人有麻烦了
that you are in trouble with another person.
因此我爸爸跟我妈妈之间有麻烦了
So my dad is in trouble with my mom.
我妈妈对我爸有意见
My mom is not happy with my dad
她put him in the dog house 当然这不是字面的意思呦
and she’s put him, not literally, in the dog house.
好 下一个特别有用
Now the next one is such a useful one.
我总是用它
I use it all the time.
就是to kill two birds with one stone
It is to kill two birds with one stone.
你可能能够猜出它实际的意思
And you might be able to work out what it means actually.
如果你的语言中也有类似的表达方式
And I’d love to know as well
一定要告诉我哟
if you have an alternative for this in your language.
请一定在底下评论呦
Please, please, please comment below.
我特别喜欢你们讨论有关
I love it when you talk about
你们语言中的相同的习语
idioms being the same in your language.
To kill two birds with one stone
To kill two birds with one stone
意思是只花费一次努力
is to get two things done,
就能完成两件事情
to complete two tasks with just one effort.
如果我从学校接上朋友
If I pick up my friend from school
然后在路上去还去买了东西
and I go shopping on the same trip,
那么我 killed two birds with one stone
I killed two birds with one stone
因为我只用了一个行程就做好了两件事情
because I’ve done two things with just one trip.
好 下一个是什么呢
Okay, what’s my next one?
Straight from the horse’s mouth
Straight from the horse’s mouth.
如果你听到一些事情 straight from the horse’s mouth
If you hear something straight from the horse’s mouth
那表示你从最初的信息来源听到的
it means that you are hearing it from the original source.
所以如果有人问我 你确定
So if someone asks me, “Are you sure you’re right
你的这条消息是真的吗
“about that piece of news?”
我会说 I heard it straight from the horse’s mouth
I’ll say, “I heard it straight from the horse’s mouth.
他们当面告诉我的
“They told me directly.”
最后一个是to smell a rat
And the last one is to smell a rat.
嗯 I smell a rat here
“Hmm, I smell a rat here.”
我是真的喜欢老鼠
Now, I actually really like rats
它们实际上相当干净 不应该有味
and they’re actually quite clean and shouldn’t smell.
但是如果你 smell a rat
But if you smell a rat,
表示你当下 你有骗人或是做错事的嫌疑
it means that you suspect trickery or wrongdoing in a situation.
所以如果某事好的不像是真的
So if something is maybe too good to be true,
比如 我正巧遇到一个尼日利亚的贵族
like for example I’ve just had a Nigerian prince
告诉我 我赢得了2000万刀
tell me that I’ve won 20 million dollars
我能做的就是给他我的银行信息
and all I have to do is send him my bank details.
我妈妈可能会对我说 露西 I smell a rat
My mom might say to me, “Lucy, I smell a rat.
我觉得这是个骗局
“I think there’s trickery going on here.”
所以 to smell a rat 就是怀疑
Yeah, so to smell a rat is to suspect trickery
是个骗局或是有什么恶意的企图
or malicious intent.
好的 大家 这就是今天的课程
Right guys, that’s it for today’s lesson.
就像我之前说的
As I’ve said before,
如果对于这些习语 你的语言有类似的
if you have any of the translations for these idioms
表达
in your own language,
请在下方评论
please comment them below
别忘了告诉我是那种语言
and remember to mention which language you’re talking about.
如果你想提供字幕的翻译
Also, if you’d like to contribute subtitle translations,
请点击介绍栏里的链接呦
you can do that by following the link in the description box
你可以为这个视频添加
and you can translate the subtitles for this video
你的语言的翻译字幕
into your own language,
所以你可以帮助
so you can help people
那些没有你水平高的人呦
who aren’t at such a high level as you are.
还有 别忘了去看看Lingoda
Also, don’t forget to check out Lingoda.
链接也在介绍栏里
The link is also in the description box
你可以用我之前提到的优惠码
and you can use the code that I mentioned before.
别忘了在社交媒体上
Don’t forget to connect with me
与我互动呦
on all of my social media.
我有facebook instagram
I’ve got my Facebook, I’ve got my Instagram,
还有twitter
and I’ve got my Twitter.
我将马上在其他课程中见到大家呦
And I will see you soon for another lesson.
[飞吻]
Mwah!
[电子音乐]
(electronic music)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

有关动物的短语

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

lala

审核员

DY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGZBF3unpxg

相关推荐