ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

家庭影响性格的8个方面 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

家庭影响性格的8个方面

8 Ways Your Family Affect Your Personality

Do you ever wonder about
你有没有想过
how you turned out the way you are?
你是怎样变成现在这个样子的
Or why some adults are more uptight than others,
或者为什么有些成年人比其他人更极端拘谨
while others are fun and delightful?
而另一些人却很有趣 令人愉快
As cliche as it sounds,
尽管这听起来老生常谈
it all comes back to your childhood.
但这一切都可以追溯到你的童年时代
Depending on the households we grew up in,
根据我们成长的家庭
some of us may cringe at the thought, while others
我们中的一些人在想到的时候可能畏缩
may look starry-eyed as they grow in nostalgic.
而另一些人可能会在怀旧中变得过于乐观
Before we begin with this video,
在我们开始这段视频之前
we want to remind you that it’s never too late
我们想提醒你
to change your future, even if certain past events
改变你的未来永远不会太迟 即使某些过去的事情
put you in a stronger likelihood of outcomes.
让你更有可能得到结果
Here are eight ways your childhood affects your lifestyle.
以下是童年影响你生活方式的八种情况
1. If your parents were highly strict,
第一 如果你的父母非常严格
you may grow up to be codependent.
你长大后可能会有依赖性
Did you have an overbearing mother
你是否有一个独断的母亲
who picked out every outfit for you,
为你挑选每一件衣服
or an inflexible father who made you practice more sports
或一个死板的父亲让你多做运动
instead of hanging out with your friends?
而不是和朋友们一起出去玩
Even if they mean well,
即使他们的本意是好的
or believe that they’re doing what’s best for you,
或者相信他们做的是对你最好的
helicopter parenting has harmful side effects,
直升机式的教育也有坏的副作用
a big one being that you’re more likely to grow up codependent.
其中一个重要的副作用就是你更有可能变得有依赖性
As an adult, you might rely on your partner
作为一个成年人 你可能会依赖你的伴侣
to take care of the chores,
来做家务
or have trouble adapting to work life.
或者很难适应工作生活
2. If your parents have a broken marriage,
第二 如果你父母婚姻破裂
it changes your romantic demands.
你的爱情需求也会随之改变
It’s like Pam said from the office,
就像帕姆在办公室里说的
when you’re a kid,
当你还是个孩子的时候
you assume your parents are soul mates.
你认为你的父母是灵魂伴侣
But unfortunately, this isn’t always the case.
但不幸的是 情况并非总是如此
Divorce rates are skyrocketing in America.
美国的离婚率正在飙升
Now, up to 40 to 50 percent of married couples
现在 多达40%到50%的已婚夫妇
more likely to end up in a divorce.
更有可能以离婚告终
If your parents separated, especially if the event
如果你的父母离异了
happened during your early childhood,
特别是在你童年早期的时候
study shows that you’re prone to having higher demands
研究表明 你更容易对婚姻关系
when it comes to romantic relationships.
有更高的要求
You may expect your partner to show
你可能希望你的伴侣表现出
a higher degree of morality, loyalty
更高的道德 忠诚和同情心
and compassion, so you can trust them better.
这样你才能更好地信任他们
3. If your parents micromanaged you,
第三 如果你的父母对你管得太细
you’re more likely to develop depression.
你更有可能患上抑郁症
Okey, we talked about codependency,
好吧 我们讨论过依赖性
but depression is also a damaging side effect of authoritarian parenting.
但抑郁症也是独裁教育的副作用
When you grow up with parents
当你和父母一起长大
who do all the decision-making for you,
他们为你做所有的决定
it makes you assume that you’re not
会让你认为自己没有
competent enough to problem-solve on your own.
足够的能力独自解决问题
Instead of listening to you
他们不听你的
and nurturing you to learn from your mistakes,
不培养你从错误中吸取教训
they often force decisions onto you,
而是常常强迫你做出决定
even once that make you unhappy.
即使是一次让你不开心的决定
This can lead to feelings of worthlessness and
这可能会导致我们觉得自己没有价值
low self esteem, which follow you into adulthood,
缺乏自尊 这种感觉会随着你进入成年
manifesting into depression.
表现为抑郁
4. If your parents watch TV with you when you
第四 当你蹒跚学步的时候 如果你的父母和你一起看电视
were a toddler, instead of reading to you,
而不是给你读书
it can suppress your communication skills.
这会抑制你的沟通能力
We always see those commercials
我们经常看到
of mothers reading to their babies,
妈妈给孩子读书的广告
but this advertisement actually has value.
但这个广告确实有价值
It turns out that if your parents expose you
事实证明 如果你的父母在你蹒跚学步的时候
to more television as a toddler,
让你看更多的电视
instead of flipping through books,
而不是翻书
this can hinder your communication skills.
这会阻碍你的沟通技巧
Studies have shown that when a mother and child watch TV together,
研究表明 当母亲和孩子一起看电视时
the mother makes fewer comments to the child.
母亲很少对孩子讲话
Whereas if she reads to her child,
而如果她给孩子读书
it promotes the child to ask questions,
孩子就会问问题
and higher response rate from the mother.
母亲回答得也会更快
5. If you copied your parents a lot,
第五 如果你经常模仿你的父母
you’re more likely to be open to other cultures.
你就更有可能接受其他文化
Did you often imitate your parents growingup?
你是常模仿着你父母长大的吗
Even if the actions didn’t always make sense,
即使这些行为并不总是有意义
you knew that they had some sort of purpose.
你也知道它们有某种目的
Researchers had an adult show a child
尽管用手指更实用
how to open a box with sticks,
但是研究人员让一名成人向一名儿童展示
even though it’s more practical to use their fingers.
如何用棍子打开盒子
When children imitate the behaviors of their parents,
当孩子模仿父母的行为时
they’re more likely to adapt to cultural norms.
他们更有可能适应文化规范
That’s because cultural beliefs and customs may not
这是因为文化信仰和习俗可能并不
always be seeing as practical and can even be outdated,
总是被认为是实用的 甚至可能是过时的
but when the individual is open to learning them,
但当个人愿意学习它们时
they also have the ability to be more culturally aware.
他们也能够有更多的文化意识
6. If you were spanked as a child,
第六 如果你小时候被打
you may become sneakier as an adult.
你成年后可能会变得卑怯
In some countries, it is now illegal to spank your child,
在一些国家 打孩子屁股是违法的
because it’s seen as physical abuse.
因为这被视为身体虐待
Depending on the severity of spanking,
根据打屁股的严重程度
it has harmful side effects
打屁股会产生坏的副作用
ranging from academic problems to health ones,
从学业问题到健康问题
such as dying at a younger age of cancer,
比如因癌症早逝
heart diseases and respiratory diseases.
患心脏病和呼吸道疾病
But did you know that you’re also
但你知道吗
more prone to being a sneaky adult?
你也更容易成为一个聪明的成年人
Author Daniel Pink states that trying to
作者丹尼尔·平克指出
influence a child’s behavior by offering rewards and punishment
试图通过提供奖励和惩罚来影响孩子的行为
does not always result in the desired behavior.
并不总是会引向他们想要的行为
In fact, children who were spanked
事实上 被打屁股的孩子
may work harder to avoid being punished.
可能会更努力地学习以避免受到惩罚
7. If your parents have a drug or alcohol addiction,
第七 如果你的父母吸毒或酗酒
you’re susceptible to perfectionism.
你很容易受到完美主义的影响
Do you know someone who is serious, has a
你知道谁是严肃认真
good work ethic and is a bit of a perfectionist?
有良好的职业道德 还有点完美主义的人吗
Chances are they might have grown up
大概率是
being a parent to their own parents.
在父母陪伴下长大的人
When a child has parents who are alcoholics or drug addicts,
当一个孩子的父母都是酒鬼或吸毒者时
they never had the opportunities to let loose and have fun.
他们从没有机会放松和玩乐
Instead, they had to grow up faster than the other children,
相反 他们必须比其他孩子成长得更快
and they take care of household responsibilities.
而且他们要承担家庭责任
On the other hand, some children
另一方面 一些孩子
may adopt the habbits of their parents,
可能会染上父母的习性
which can manifest into depression, anxiety
这会表现为抑郁 焦虑
and feelings of worthlessness.
和感到无用
8. If you have a close relationship with your father,
第八 如果你和你的父亲关系亲密
you’re more likely to enter healthier relationships
你更有可能和他建立更健康的关系
We’ve all probably heard of the term “daddy issues”,
当一个人在没有父亲陪伴的情况下长大时
when someone grew up without a father around.
我们可能都听说过“爸爸问题”这个词
Unfortunately, research only continues to show it’s true.
不幸的是 研究只能继续证明这是真的
One study examined the quality of father-child relationships
一项研究调查了三组
among three groups: orphans, children of
亲子关系质量 分别是孤儿
divorced parents and children in stable families.
离异父母的孩子和稳定家庭的孩子
Results showed that the children,
结果显示
whether they were male or female,
不管孩子是男是女
with a close relationship with their father,
与父亲关系亲密的孩子
was more common than those who didn’t.
都比那些没有和父亲关系亲密孩子的人更常见
When we are able to love our parents
当我们能够爱我们的父母
and learn to be patient with them,
学习对他们有耐心的时候
we are more likely to do the same for our romantic partners.
我们更有可能对我们的爱人做同样的事情
Which of these points do you relate to?
这些观点中的哪一点与你有关呢
Did you know that your childhood can also affect your lifestyle?
你知道你的童年也会影响你的生活方式吗
Check out our video here.
请查阅我们频道的视频
Thanks for watching!
谢谢观看

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

原生家庭能在很大程度上影响一个人,在认识到这一点时,思考自己的成长过程,也许会对改变自己更有帮助。

听录译者

教瑜伽的Diana

翻译译者

亚城木梦叶

审核员

审核员#LY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih4cY8z4AFg

相关推荐