未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

成为高智商的 8 件难事

8 Struggles of Being a Highly Intelligent Person

Hey, Psycho2goers!
这里是《 来吧!心理学》
Welcome back to another Psycho2go video.
欢迎回来《来吧!心理学》
So, what is intelligence really?
智力到底是什么呢
We know it isn’t as simple as an IQ score,
我们知道它不像智商分数那样简单
which is something even Stephen Hawking thoroughly denounced
就连霍金也对此进行了强烈地谴责
and we can likely agree that Mr. Hawking was quite intelligent.
而我们也认同霍金是个天才
Intelligence is a complex multi-dimensional construct
智力是一个复杂的多维结构
that can mean a variety of things for a variety of different people.
这意味着仁者见仁 智者见智
So it can be hard to put into words “What it all means”.
我们很难用言语表示“智力是什么”
But no matter what definition you may hear too,
但不管你听到对它的定义是什么
there’s one thing all of us can agree on.
我们会在一点上不谋而合
You know intelligence when you see it.
那就是当你遇到你就会明白
A highly intelligent person
一个高智商的人
is someone who is gifted in analyzing concepts and building upon them
善于分析事物 并以此为基础
to form a better understanding of the world and those around them.
形成对世界和周围事物更好的理解
How everything is connected
事物如何联系
and why things are the way they are?
以及事物为什么是这样子的?
These people often have remarkably high IQs, academic achievements
这些人通常有较高的智商和学术成就
and go on to become successful leaders and trail blazers in their fields.
并在各自的领域成为成功的领导者和开拓者
Wondering if you are one of them?
想知道自己是否是其中的一员?
Let’s look at 8 struggles only highly intelligent people will understand.
让我们看看只有高智商者才能理解的8个难题
1You get bored with small talk.
1 对闲聊感到厌烦
If you’ve ever heard the quote,
如果你听说过这么一句老话
“Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.”
“上智论道 中智论事 下智论人”
This is what it means.
这就是问题的答案
Highly intelligent people aren’t drawn to
高智商的人不会被一些
what they consider the unimportant details of life.
他们认为不重要的生活琐事吸引
Chatting about the game or the neighbor’s newest lawn flamingo
他们认为聊游戏或关于邻居最新的八卦
isn’t something they see as a must-talk-about item.
是不必要谈论的话题
Rather, they enjoy discussing ideas
相反 他们喜爱交流想法
and concepts and anything from art to science.
概念 以及关于艺术和科学的一切
They think in ways of the deep,
他们的思考方式是深刻的
the abstract and the thought-provoking,
抽象而且发人深省的
meaning small talk feels exhausted and time-wasting.
闲聊会让他们感到疲惫和浪费时间
2 You’re careful with your words.
2 很注重自己的言辞
Do people around you often describe you
你周围的人是否经常形容你
as reserved or overly serious?
很高冷或过于严肃?
Many smart people tend to think more than they speak.
很多聪明的人往往想的比说的多
This means that if they choose to share something,
这意味着如果他们选择分享某件事
it’s highly likely they’ve considered it from every possible angle
那么他们可能已经从各个可能的角度
with rationale and logic to back up the conclusions they’ve come to.
进行了论据和逻辑分析来支持他们得出的这一结论
All this preparation, though,
然而 所有这些准备
can mean long silences.
可能意味着长时间的沉默
It is while they construct the thought,
那是他们在构建思维逻辑
which then gives the impression of being reserved or overly serious,
以至于会给人留下高冷或过于严肃的印象
which leads to the next struggle.
这导致了下一个难题
3 You’re socially awkward.
3 不擅长社交
Here’s where the common movie trope of the awkward nerd comes in.
这是电影中常见的书呆子形象
You’ve seen it.
你也许看过
The wide-eyed stare.
他们睁着大大的眼睛
As a smart person realizes their response,
当聪明人想到了答案
is the waited in silence.
他会在沉默中等待时机
Or their cringe including statement made at exactly the wrong time
他们的畏缩以及在错误时间发表的言论
earn them the disgust of the popular kids forever more.
让他们永远不会受学校风云人物的欢迎
Ok. We admit it,
好吧 我们承认
the media displays this in an exaggerated manner.
电视剧夸大了这一现象
However, they aren’t all wrong.
但他们也不完全是错的
The awkwardness is even backed up in research.
这种现象甚至在研究中得到了证实
A study by Davidson in 2015,
戴维森在2015年的一项实验中
showed that the people who have a high IQ
证明了一个拥有高智商的人
tend to have a lower EQ or emotional intelligence quotient.
通常情商较低
Which is what helps us form relationships and hone our social skills?
情商可以帮助我们维持关系 磨练社交技能
Life. It’s all about trade offs.
生活 都是公平的
4 You struggle to make good friends.
4 交朋友对你来说是个难题
Is making true friends in finding your crowd
找到你人生中的挚友
somewhat of a challenge for you?
对你来说是一种挑战吗
Some people are highly intimidated by intelligent legends
有些人非常害怕极其聪明的人
and the perception that someone is too smart for them.
某个人对他们来说过于聪明的话
They feel like they can’t really or perhaps they’re not smart enough.
会让他们觉得自己不聪明或者不够聪明
People don’t generally like to feel this ways.
人们通常不太喜欢这种感觉
So their response is to simply not be friend the smart person.
所以他们不太喜欢与聪明人做朋友
The highly intelligent person is still the person and people get lonely.
高智商的人也是人 他们也会觉得孤独
If they can relate to this,
如果他们能明白这一点
you may think it is my intelligence that drives people away.
也许会觉得是自己的智慧让人们望而止步
Then should I dumb it down for acceptance.
我是否应该表现得笨拙一点让人们好接受
Well, ideally,
理想情况下
you are drawn to other people in the same intelligence fear as you.
你会被同样那些因智力高而被排斥的人所接纳
They may be rare, but they’re out there.
他们可能很少见 但确实存在
5 You don’t get out much.
5 你很少外出
If you’re highly intelligent,
如果你是个高智商的人
the most likely struggle in social situations
你可能觉得社交对你来说是难题
you weren’t so good at small talks and find it hard to make friends.
你不擅长闲聊也很难交到朋友
What effect does this have on the bigger picture?
这对你有什么影响呢?
It could mean you don’t get to go out much.
这意味着你不会经常外出
So you focus heavily on academics,
所以你更专注于学术研究
burn yourself into work, work, work.
埋头工作 工作 工作
Even if you generally enjoy academic pursuits,
即使你喜欢学术研究
a severe life in balance between work and social integration
也不得不在工作和社交之间找到平衡
eventually leads to overwork,
最终导致积劳成疾
unhappiness and possibly low self-esteem.
不快乐 可能还有自卑
6 You’re overly analytical.
6 你很执着于分析
Have you ever heard of paralysis by analysis?
你听说过分析瘫痪症吗
Well, this is a common struggle for the highly intelligent person.
这在高智商人群中是很常见的难题
It happens when you’re crippled by always needing to know the correct answer.
它是指你在寻求正确答案时大脑会失灵
All are the most correct answer,
还有需要去权衡最正确的答案
are making the best decision.
去做最好的决定的时候
Do you always struggle with indecisiveness?
你是否总是犹豫不决
Just like how you think thoroughly
就像你在分享一件事情前
of all the angles before saying something in conversation.
会从各个角度进行理论分析
You do the same thing
你在做决定和回答之前
before you make a decision or give an answer.
也会做同样的事情
You also tend to be able to find so many angles,
你还会从各个角度
pros and cons
去权衡利弊
that it can end up making you more indecisive.
这可能会让你最终变得更优柔寡断
There is so much inputs that it clogs your outputs.
输入太多信息导致输出障碍
7 Your mind constantly craves exercise.
7 你的大脑总是处于兴奋状态
Being a highly intelligent person,
成为一个高智商者
means you enjoy and need constant intellectual stimulation.
意味着你享受并需要不断的脑力刺激
In short, your mind has the munchies.
简而言之 你的大脑会有饥饿感
You always want to do something that engages your brain skills.
你总是想做一些锻炼脑力的事情
Digs in a new discovery of let you stretch your thinking muscles.
通过挖掘新发现锻炼思考能力
This means simple everyday tasks.
这意味着简单的日常任务
or already solved problems feel like a drag.
或已经解决的问题会拖累你
Pretty soon, so many things feel been there done that
很快 你感觉很多事情都完成了
the search for the next thing becomes arduous.
以至于寻找下一件事变得困难重重
8 You’re always feeling pressured to succeed.
8 你对成功感到压力
If we may paraphrase the late great Uncle Ben,
我们可以改写已故uncle Ben 的话
with great intelligence, comes great expectation.
智慧越大 期望越大
If you’re a highly intelligent person,
如果你是个高智商的人
then you probably felt that somewhat indirect pressure to succeed.
那么你可能会感觉到间接的成功压力
From who?
从谁身上?
From everyone.
任何人
Yes. Much of it comes from within, however,
是的 然而大部分都来源于内心
every time your friend casually says,
每当你的朋友不经意地说
“So another four points of the semester?”
“这学期又得四个学分了?”
or “Drinks on you for being employee of the month again.” right?
或者“是不是要为你再次成为月度最佳员工干杯呢?”
A little part of your mind, not just you saying
你大脑的一小部分 不只是你会这么想
“This is your place. You need to be here.”
“这是你应得的 你应该在这个位置”
Always.
总是如此
So you end up pushing yourself to
所以你要强迫自己
constantly prove your intelligence,
不断去证明自己的智慧
leading to exacerbated perfectionist tendencies
导致更严重的完美主义
and an unhealthy disproportionate fear of failure.
以及一种不健康的对于失败的恐惧感
Do you relate to any of the struggles mentioned in this video?
你是否经历过视频中提到的难题
Let us know in the comments below.
如果有请在视频下方评论
We get it.
我们会看到的
Feeling a bit of victory by knowing things others don’t
知道一些别人不懂东西感觉会很有优越感
sound so incredibly good.
这听起来感觉很不错
However, there are always many sides to a thing
然而 事物都有多面性
and being smart isn’t always a piece of cake.
聪明也不总是一件轻松的事
Others might try to define you by your intelligence,
别人可能试图用智力定义你
seeing you simply as a brain or an IQ score.
把你简单定义成一个大脑或智商分数
Still more, many may never get pass that.
更何况 很多人可能永远无法摆脱这一定义
So they never try to get to know you,
所以他们从未尝试去了解你
maybe even villainizing you out of jealousy.
甚至可能因为嫉妒而诋毁你
This can leave you lonely and feeling disconnected.
从而让你被孤立 感到孤独
Truth is there’s nothing wrong with you for being who you are.
做你自己从来不是一件错事
In the end, others don’t validate or create who you are,
最后 任何人都不能证明或定义你是谁
only you do.
只有你自己可以
We’d love to hear your intelligence
我们很乐意去倾听你的智慧
and thought provoking comments below.
以及想法 请在下方评论
Please like and share.
欢迎点赞和分享
We’ll see you in the next video.
下期见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

高智商是上帝的恩赐吗?其实高智商人群的烦恼不比普通人少。了解高智商人群的想法,更好与他们交朋友吧!

听录译者

Felicity

翻译译者

Andrea

审核员

审核员PH

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN3KT7IERSw

相关推荐