未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

8个步骤打造一家人见人爱的公司

8 lessons on building a company people enjoy working for | The Way We Work, a TED series

人力资源术语让我抓狂
HR jargon makes me crazy.
我们必须用这些愚蠢的缩写
We have to have all these stupid acronyms
描述没有人理解的事:OKR还有PIP
that describe things that nobodyunderstands: OKRs and PIPs.
我认为我们只需通过正常的聊天
I think we can run our businesses
来完成工作即可
by just talking to each other like regular human beings.
实际上这样做可以让我们完成更多工作
We might actually get more done.
我们工作的方式
[The Way We Work]
我曾经非常想成为一名人力资源专家
I really always wanted to bean HR professional,
我想要学会这些管理语言
I wanted to be able to speakthe language of management.
而你知道这么长时间过后我学到了什么吗
And you know what I’ve learnedafter all this time?
我认为管理语言并不重要
I don’t think any of it matters.
那些被冠以“最佳实践”的东西
There’s all kinds of thingsthat we call”best practices”
并不是最佳的
that aren’t best practices at all.
我们怎么知道它是最佳的?
How do we know it’s best?
我们无法测量这种东西
We don’t measure this stuff.
然而 我明白了最佳方法通常意味着
In fact, I’ve learnedthat”best practices” usually means
模仿他人的做法
copying what everybody else does.
我们的世界一直在变化和发展
Our world is changingand evolving all the time.
这里有几节课可以帮助你
Here are some lessons to help you adapt.
第一课:你的雇员是成年人
Lesson one: Your employees are adults.
你要知道 我们设计这么多流程
You know, we’ve created so many layers and so many processes
写了这么多的指南来留住这些员工
and so many guidelines to keep those employees in place
我们最终却把雇员们当成孩子一样对待
that we’ve ended up with systems that treat people like they’re children.
然而他们不是
And they’re not.
成年人每天都要忙活
Fully formed adultswalk in the door every single day.
他们要付房租
They have rent payments,
他们有责任
they have obligations,
他们是社会的一员
they’re members of society,
他们想从芸芸众生中脱颖而出
they want to create a difference in the world.
如果我们假设
So if we start with the assumption that
每个人来工作都是为了做一份出色的工作
everybody comes to work to do an amazing job,
你会惊讶于你所看见的
you’d be surprised what you get.
第二课:管理工作不是为了控制人
Lesson two: The job of managementisn’t to control people,
而是为了建立伟大的团队
it’s to build great teams.
当管理者建立出色的团队时
When managers build great teams,here’s how you know it.
他们会做很多了不起的事情
They’ve done amazing stuff.
顾客非常高兴
Customers are really happy.
这些才是真正重要的指标
Those are the metrics that really matter.
而不是“你准时上班了吗?”
Not the metrics of:”Do you come to work on time?”
“你休假了吗?”
“Did you take your vacation?”
“你遵守规定了吗?”
Did you follow the rules?”
“你得到许可了吗?”
“Did you ask for permission?”
第三课:人们想要做有意义的工作
Lesson three: People want to do workthat means something.
一旦实现了 他们有选择下一个的自由
After they do it,they should be free to move on.
职业生涯就像旅行一样
Careers are journeys.
没有人会想在60年里做同样的事情
Nobody’s going to want to do the same thing for 60 years.
因此 为了留人而留人想法真的伤害了我们彼此
So the idea of keeping people for the sake of keeping them really hurts both of us.
相反 如果新公司都欢迎我们公司的前职员呢?
Instead, what if we created companies that were great places to be from?
那么每一个离开的人都会成为大使
And everyone who leaves you becomes an ambassador
不仅传播咱们的产品
for not only your product,
而是公司理念 以及咱们的工作模式
but who you are and how you operate.
当这种喜悦在全世界传播时
And when you spread that kindof excitement throughout the world,
咱们的公司就会变得更好
then we make all of our companies better.
第四课:公司的每个人都应该了解业务
Lesson four: Everyone in your companyshould understand the business.,
根据这个假设 来我们这里的聪明人
Now, based on the assumptionthat we’ve got smart adults here,
我们最应该传授给他们的就是公司的业务模式
the most important thing we can teach them is how our business works.
当我看那些发展迅速的公司时
When I look at companiesthat are moving fast,
它们是非常创新的
that are really innovative and that
并且以敏捷的速度做着惊人的事情
are doing amazing things with agility and speed,
因为他们互相合作
it’s because they’re collaborative.
我们能做的最好的事情是
The best thing that we can do is
不断地教给彼此我们在做什么
constantly teach each other what we do,
什么对我们重要 我们如何衡量什么是好
what matters to us, what we measure,what goodness looks like,
这样我们就都能达到同样的目的
so that we can all drivetowards achieving the same thing.
第五课:公司里的每个人都应该能够处理好事实
Lesson five: Everyone in your company should be able to handle the truth.
你知道人们为什么说给出反馈很难吗
You know why people saygiving feedback is so hard?
因为他们没有实践
They don’t practice.
何不每年进行一次行为审视
Let’s take the annual performance review.
你还可以做一些什么
What else do you do in your whole life
你真正擅长的一年只做一次的事情
that you’re really good at that you only do once a year?
这是我的发现 人们会听见任何真实的事情
Here’s what I found: humans can hear anything if it’s true.
所以让我们回过头来再看看反馈这个词
So let’s rethink the word”feedback,”
思考它就像在告诉人们事实一样
and think about it as telling people the truth,
最诚实的就是当他们在做事情的时候
the honest truth about what they’re doing right and what they’re doing wrong,
告诉他们哪里做错了以及做的好的地方
in the moment when they’re doing it.
你刚刚做的很棒
That good thing you just did, whoo!
这正是我要说的
That’s exactly what I’m talking about.
再做一次
Go do that again.
这样人们今天就会再做一次或者更多次
And people will do that again,today, three more times.
第六课:去为你的公司实现价值
Lesson six: Your company needsto live out its values.
我最近和一位CEO聊天
I was talking to a company not long ago, to the CEO.
他正苦恼于公司不健康
He was having troublebecause the company was rocky
很多业务无法按时完成
and things weren’t getting done on time,
而且觉得业务完成的太草率了
and he felt like things were sloppy.
但同时 我观察到他是一位
This also was a man who, I observed,
不准时出席任何会议的人
never showed up to any meeting on time.
从不
Ever.
如果你是领导团队的一员
If you’re part of a leadership team,
要“创造价值” 最重要的事就是实现价值
the most important thing that you can doto”uphold your values” is to live them.
人们需要榜样
People can’t be what they can’t see.
我们会说:我们在这里是平等的
We say,”Yes, we’re here for equality,”
接着我们自豪地拍拍胸
and then we proudly pound our chest
因为我们已经在决策团队里实现了
because we’d achieved 30 percentrepresentation of women
30%的女性代表
on an executive team.
的确 这不平等 只是30%而已
Well that’s not equal, that’s 30 percent.
第七课:所有创始的点子都是愚蠢的
Lesson seven: All start-upideas are stupid.
我花了很多时间与创业公司接触
I spend a lot of time with start-ups,
我也有很多朋友
and I have a lot of friends that work in larger,
他们在更大的公司工作
more established companies.
他们总是蔑视我所在的公司
They are always pooh-poohingthe companies that I work with.
“这真是一个愚蠢的想法”
“That is such a stupid idea.” Well,
你知道吗 所有创始的点子都是愚蠢的
guess what:all start-up ideas are stupid.
如果它们合理 其他人早就去做了
If they were reasonable, somebody else would have already been doing them.
第八课:公司应对改变而感到兴奋
Lesson eight: Every companyneeds to be excited for change.
小心沮丧心态蔓延
Beware of the smoke of nostalgia.
如果你发现自己说:“记得之前是怎样的吗”
If you find yourself saying,”Remember the way it used to be?”
我希望你转变观念
I want you to shift your thinking to say,
并且说:“想想接下来会是怎样的”
“Think about the way it’s going to be.”
如果我有一个理想的公司
If I had a dream company,
我会在门前走动并说
I would walk in the door and I would say,
“一切都变了 所有的赌注都结束了
“Everything’s changed, all bets are off.
我们朝着对的方向飞快奔跑
We were runningas fast as we can to the right,
现在我们将要做出一个艰难的转变”
and now we’ll take a hard left.”
接着每个人会说“太棒了”
And everybody would go”Yes!”
这是一个让人兴奋的世界 它无时无刻不在改变
It’s a pretty exciting world out there, and it’s changing all the time.
我们越拥抱它 越为此而兴奋
The more we embrace itand get excited about it,
我们就会得到更多的乐趣
the more fun we’re going to have.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

八个步骤让你更好的管理公司

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Stacey

审核员

审核员1024

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBa9EoEbb38

相关推荐