ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

星巴克创始人的回归 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

星巴克创始人的回归

8 Core Beliefs of Extraordinary Bosses | Inc. Magazine

#音乐#
[Music]
鼓掌
[Applause]
谢谢大家
Thank you.
先生 谢谢你
Thank you, Sir.
谢谢David
Thank you, David.
下午好
Good afternoon.
我叫Lewis Schiff
My name is Lewis Schiff,
是商界杂志董事会的执行理事
from the executive director of Inc Magzines Business Owners Council.
那是个会员制组织
And that’s a membership organization
面向纽约地区业主
based here in the New York area for business owners.
他们就坐在下面第一排
And seated below me in the first few rows here
大部分都是理事会成员
are many of the members of that Council,
汉诺威的Ross MillerFire和Chip来自三周地区
Ross Miller of Hanover Fire and Chip Nyberg of TriState.
每个都是业主
Each of these individuals are business owners in their own right.
很多都是Inc杂志公司成员
Many of them are members of Inc magazines
美国高速成长私营企业5000强的企业
Inc 5,000 the fastest-growing list of private companies in America.
Howard Schultz已成为令人羡慕的企业家
Now Howard Schultz is the very kind of entrepreneur our members aspire to be.
这一切和财富和名声无关
And it has nothing to do with wealth or fame per se.
他是一个出色的领导人秉持着自己珍惜的价值观
He’s an inspiring leader, committed to building an organization
建立了商业机构
based in the values that he holds dear,
还有一个理念 就是一家公司不仅仅为了盈利
and a belief that a company can be about more than just dollars and cents.
2007 Howard回到企业
In 2007, Howard rejoined his business in the role he once held,
做了以前做过的CEO
Chief Executive Officer.
在之前的那些年
In the years immediately prior to that,
他担任战略领导
he had taken on a more strategic role
而不是管理公司的日常运行
outside of the day-to-day running of the company
监督公司品牌的全球扩张
to oversee the global expansion of the company in the brand.
是什么驱使他再回CEO
What drove him to come back into the CEO suite
回来担任CEO?
in the role of turn-around CEO?
在星巴克最黑暗的日子 在Howard的新书里有提到
During Starbucks’ darkest hour is the subject of Howard’s new book Onward,
各位今天都将收到
which each of you will be receiving today.
代表纽约商界成员 谢谢Howard
Thank You Howard for being here
的到场
for the members of the Business Owners Community of New York.
谢谢Lewis 谢谢
Thank you Lewis. Thank you.
Howard 我知道你来自布鲁克林乡下
So Howard, I understand that you’re a hometown boy from Brooklyn.
就是
That’s true.
第一个问题就是
Which means the first question is,
你选择Yankees还是Mets?
you know, is Yankees or Mets?
[笑]
[Laugh]
很容易回答 Yankees队
Very easy answer for me, Yankees.
好的 我想也是
Okay, great. I guess the same.
[鼓掌]
[Cheer and Applause]
所以说 这本书很个人化
So the book is intensely personal,
我知道 以前我并不了解你
and I really I got, I didn’t know you before,
但肯定里面有你真诚且毫无掩饰的
but I heard what I’m sure is your voice in it,
声音
honest and unvarnished.
很高兴人手一本
And I’m so glad that everyone’s getting a copy
因为从头到尾都是一本好书
because it is a genuinely good book to read from beginning to end,
但作为一个领导者 令我意外的是
but as a leader, what came across to me is
你如何被一些自己认可的理念所折磨
how you’re tortured in some ways by certain ideals
你非常珍视
that you hold so dear,
而那些理想并没有其他的重要
that aren’t as important to others?
你提到了工人对工作的崇高感
So you speak of reverence with the work force you’ve put together,
他们有多么天才 他们多有激情
how talented they are, how spirited they are.
现在这份有名的2007备忘
And yet this now famous 2007 memo,
您当时是董事会主席而不是CEO
where as chairman of the board not yet CEO,
你愤怒的是星巴克的运行 甚过于那个内部备忘录
you were critical of how Starbucks was performing than to be an internal memo
传播到外面去
got leaked to the outside world.
你如何建立起一个培养机制
How do you create a nurturing work environment,
尤其是当你不能确定 你能去相信身边的人
when you’re not sure you can trust the people closest to you,
怎么不去泄露机密细节?
to not leak confidential details?
我在星巴克的日子里
Well, the history of my time at Starbucks,
我已经写了数百封电邮或备忘录
I had written hundreds of emails or memos to
给我的团队讲述我的观点 竞争的环境
teams of people about my views of the landscape, the competitive environment,
以及我们如何干好工作
and how we were doing our jobs.
这封邮件没有公开
This particular email though was not intended obviously to be leaked,
也没有刻意要批评什么
and it wasn’t intended to be a criticism.
只是记录我观察到的
It was my observations.
我称它为星巴克的商品化
I entitled it the commoditization of Starbucks,
我感觉公司股价在
where I felt that the stock price at the time
最高的时候
which was at record high,
这是伪装 是公司的阴暗面
was camouflaging kind of the underbelly of the company
我感到顾客没有成为我们工作的中心
in which I felt the customer was not at the center of our work.
你知道 我写了那个备忘的24小时后
And you know, 24 hours after I wrote that memo,
有人敲我的门 说
there was a knock on my door and someone said,
“Howard 你的备忘录现在铺天盖地”
“Howard, the memo is everywhere.”
我说“你什么意思?”[笑]
I said, “what do you mean?”[Laugh]
网上现在到处都是
It’s all over the web and you know obviously that was a
我很吃惊
a huge surprise to me, and you know
你知道 我们全球20万员工
we have 200,000 people working for Starbucks all over the world.
我不知道备忘录传到什么程度
I don’t know where the memo went,
我不知道谁干的
I don’t know who did it.
那时还不要紧
It didn’t really matter at the time.
它又不是信任危机或者背叛
And it wasn’t about fracturing trust or betrayal.
它就是这个我们生活的新世界的秩序
It was about this new world order we live in
没有什么是私人的
where nothing is private anymore.
事实的真相是备忘录
But the truth of the matter is that memo
以一个非常特别的方式
in a very unique way became a catalyst
变成了我们不愿有的谈话的
for a level of conversation that perhaps we would not have had
催化剂
had it not gotten out.
现在 我不想回来成为CEO
Now I didn’t intend to come back as a CEO,
你前面提到过一个词“个人的”
but you know you mentioned the word ‘personal’,
但我想换另一个词
but I want to link it to a different word,
就是“爱”
and it’s about ‘love’.
任何想建立一个企业的人都明白
Any of us who are engaged in building a business or an entrepreneurial effort understand
成功非常困难
that it is incredibly difficult to create success,
要创造持久的成功就更难了
and even more so, to create enduring success.
我来总结一下成功的原因
And the things that I think are about success in business is
不仅仅是个人原因 更是由于我们投入了无尽的爱和热情
not only personal but having unbridled enthusiasm and love and passion,
甚至愿意为这家企业做任何事
and almost willing to do anything for the enterprise.
就是我们能走到今天的原因
And that is how we got here,
我觉得不是我们丢失了什么
and I felt that it wasn’t the fact that we had lost that,
而是对一些相关的事情没有足够重视
but it was being subordinated by things that I felt did not matter as much.
作为一个公共企业星巴克连续15年的成功
The success of Starbucks for 15 consecutive years as a public company,
我们在创造奇迹
we were literally on this magical carpet ride
我们在每座城市 每个国家所做的每件事
where everything we did in every city, every country,
每次的新方案 几乎没有尝试 却都管用
every initiative almost without trying, was working.
最终带来战无不胜的结果
And what it produced was a level of invincibility
那里人们开始沾沾自喜
where people felt almost a set of hubris
公司里开始有人骄傲自大起来
and complacency began to establish in the company,
我感觉就像病毒一样传播
and I felt it was like a virus,
正因为对公司的爱
and because of my love of the company,
我们不能再这样下去
I just said we can’t continue like this.
要想结束这一切
And in a sense what that ended up doing was
我回到了公司
I came back to the company,
因为我要对20万雇员和他的家庭负责
because I felt a deep responsibility to two hundred thousand people and their families
让公司活过来
to restore the company back.
元月8号 我回来了
Now when I came back in January of eight,
我不能想象 就在那个时候
I never imagined at the same exact time,
我们正在经历财务危机
we were going to be in the middle of this cataclysmic financial crisis
简直使整个世界动荡不安
which was going to turn the world upside down.
星巴克作为任意购买
And Starbucks as a discretionary purchase,
承受了巨大的压力
was going to be subject to such pressure.
#音乐#
[Music]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

面对危机

听录译者

Seline

翻译译者

Tiger_woo

审核员

审核员YX

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Hn4yeBOvI

相关推荐