未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
/* Error on https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@mdi/font@^3.0.0/css/materialdesignicons.min.css : Something went wrong: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 7000 milliseconds */ /* Error on https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/animate.css@^3.5.2/animate.min.css : Something went wrong: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 7000 milliseconds */
播放视频

每个人 20 多岁都应该读的 7 本书

7 Books EVERYONE in Their 20's Should Read

Hey, what’s going on, friends?
朋友们 你们好吗?
In this video, we are going over seven books
本期视频中 我们会快速浏览7本
that I think everyone should read in their 20s.
我认为每个人20岁的时候都必读的书
These are all books that I read when I was in my 20s
这些都是我20多岁时看过的书
and they all had a tremendous impact on my life,
他们全都给我的生活带来了巨大影响
they helped me to improve my life in five different categories
也改善了我的生活 这期视频我们将从
that we’re breaking this video down into.
五个不同的方面进行讲解
Those categories are relationships, productivity,
分别是人际关系 工作效率
personal finance, career success, and health.
个人理财 职业发展以及健康管理
So let’s get this video started off with the first book on my list,
那么我们开始吧 我清单上的第一本书
which is Stephen Covey’s “7 Habits of Highly Effective People.”
是Stephen Covey的《高效能人士的七个习惯》
This is the book that more than any other book
这本书比其他任何书
helped me to improve the way that I both build
对我的人际关系都有帮助
and deepen relationships with other people.
帮我建立并加深了与他人的关系
Now, this isn’t entirely a book about relationships.
这书不完全只与人际交往有关
In fact, about half of this book
事实上 书里一半的内容
is a book about productivity.
都与工作效率相关
the first three habits to deal with it,
提升效率的首要的三个习惯
like habit number two, begin with the end in mind,
比如第二个习惯 以终为始
is all about planning and understanding your goals
都是在讲如何计划并理解你的目标
and habit number three, put first things first,
而第三个习惯 要事第一
is all about prioritization,
谈的是优先级分类
but it’s habit number five
但是第五个习惯
that had the greatest impact on me,
对我影响最大
“Seek first to understand then to be understood.”
即“知彼解己”
See, most people listen with what Covey calls
大多数人聆听时抱着一种
an autobiographical point of view.
被Covey称之为“寻找共鸣”的态度
You’re listening because you’re waiting to respond
你是因为在期待一些与个人观点和经历
with something from your own perspective, your own experiences.
有共鸣的内容 才一直听下去
A lot of people don’t take the time to really put themselves
很多人都不会花时间真正地把自己
in the shoes of the other person,
放在别人的角度去思考
consider their perspective,
不愿考虑别人的看法
try to see it the way the other person sees it.
不愿从别人的角度来看待问题
Covey calls this empathetic listening.
Covey提出要“共情倾听”
And when you can listen empathetically,
当你能共情地去聆听
when you can actually do this perspective shift,
当你真正地转换视角
you become better able to understand the meaning
你便能更好地了解别人的意思
and the context behind what somebody else is telling you about.
并能理解别人所述之事背后的深意
And in doing so,
通过这种方式
you build much better and deeper relationships,
你会建立更亲密 更深层的人际关系
and you’re able to make the lives of everyone around you much better.
能让周围每个人的生活都变得更好
So that is my favorite book in the relationship category.
所以这是我在人际关系板块最喜欢的一本书
And now we’re moving on to the productivity category.
现在我们来看一看工作效率这方面
Now there are a ton of productivity books out there.
市面上有超级多有关效率的书籍
I’ve talked about many of them on this channel,
在视频里 我也讨论过很多
but if you were only going to read one,
但如果你只想要读其中的一本
the one that I would recommend
我会推荐你
is going to be Chris Bailey’s “The Productivity Project.”
Chris Bailey的《别让无效努力毁了你》
Well, this and also “Atomic Habits” by James Clear,
还有James Clear的《原子习惯》
but, I in fact, made two videos about that book,
事实上 我已经针对这本书做了两个视频
so I’m not gonna include it on this list.
所以它并不在这次解说的书单上
And “The Productivity Project” is a wonderful overview
《别让无效努力毁了你》巧妙精湛地概述了
of really the entire field of productivity.
几乎关于效率提升的方方面面
So if you’re looking for one concentrated book
所以如果你想看一本高度概括的书
that’s gonna teach you all about time management,
想从一本书中学到时间管理
managing our attention, your energy, procrastination,
注意力管理 精力管理 避免拖延
all these different topics, this is the book that I would recommend.
所有这些不同的主题 那我就推荐这一本
And the best idea that I wanna share from this book is his breakdown
这本书中我想推荐的最棒的一点就是
of the six different procrastination triggers.
它把触发拖延症的因素分成了六类
And this is pulled from procrastination research
这是从几所不同大学
that has been done at several different universities,
所做的拖延症研究中提取总结出来的
where they have found that there are indeed
几所大学的研究发现
six different aspects or qualities of tasks
我们拖延的任务都具有以下六个要素
that we tend to put off, of tasks that are unpleasant.
或者说都具有以下六种让我们不愉快的特性
So when a task is boring, when it is frustrating,
那就是如果一项任务很无趣 让人充满挫败感
difficult, ambiguous, lacking in personal meaning
难度大 模棱两可 体现不出个性
or lacking in intrinsic value, i.e. it’s not fun,
缺乏内在价值 也就是说并不有趣
we tend to put it off.
我们就会想要拖延
And there are a ton of different strategies in this book
这本书里有各式各样
for fighting procrastination.
应对拖延的策略
But I wanna share this idea
但我想提的是导致拖延的原因
because once you know these six different triggers,
因为一旦你明白了这六个不同的触发因素
you can now start to think critically about your own tasks
你就能批判性地去思考自己的任务
and ask yourself, “If I’m procrastinating,
问自己 “如果我在拖延”
“which of these triggers is causing me to procrastinate on this task?”
“是哪个原因造成了我在这件事上的拖延呢?”
And once you know that,
只要你找到了这个诱因
you can start to figure out some things you could do
你就能开始想办法尽你所能地
to lessen the influence of those triggers.
减少这些诱发因素的影响
For example, last week,
比如 上周
I had to go into my accounting software
我需要登陆会计账号
and do a ton of bookkeeping,
做大量记账工作
which is a task that I absolutely hate.
这是我非常讨厌的任务
So one thing that I’ve realized
所以我当时意识到
is that because this task is boring,
我是因为这项任务太无聊所以想拖延
one thing I can do to make it a little bit more fun
那我可以让它变得有趣一点
is to add a bit of a challenge to it.
那就是增加一点挑战难度
So I set a 20-minute timer and I challenged myself
所以我设定了20分钟的时间计时 挑战自己
to reconcile as many transactions as I could
尽可能多地核查各项交易
within that time period, still kind of boring,
那20分钟的过程仍有些无聊
but a little less boring because I had now set up a challenge,
但由于我把它当做了一项挑战 就没有之前那么无聊了
and I also put out some of my favorite music.
同时我还播放着喜欢的音乐
So overall, those two little tweaks
所以总体上 这两个小的调整
made the task just a bit less unpleasant
让任务没那么让人不愉快了
and a bit less boring.
也没有那么无趣了
And with that, we are now moving on from the productivity category
做到了这一点之后 我们接下来从效率这个板块
onto the personal finance category,
转移到个人理财的板块上
where I have two book recommendations for you.
我有两本书推荐给你
And the first one
第一本
is “Your Money, The Missing Manual” by J. D. Roth,
J.D Roth的《管好你的钱》
who was one of the OG personal finance bloggers
作者是个人理财方面的元老级博主
that I was reading
读这本书的时候
back when I was in high school and college.
我在上高中和大学
And this book was really my first introduction
这本书第一次真地带我走进了
to the world of personal finance.
个人理财的世界
And it’s really just an overview of a ton
如果你想要高效理财
of different topics that you need to learn about
这本书囊括了
if you wanna manage your money effectively.
无数不同的主题供你学习
It talks about debt, it talks about budgeting,
它包含了债务 预算
it talks about credit cards, it talks about investing.
信用卡 投资
And the big idea that I would like to share from this book
我想通过这个视频跟你们分享
with you in this video
书中一个重要的观点
is the concept of automated investing.
那就是自动定投的理念
This was the book that taught me
正是这本书教会我
that I should automate my finances,
要自动化管理我的财务
essentially put them on autopilot.
让它们能从根本上“自动驾驶”
So this means that you can put your bills on auto-pay,
这意味着 你可以设置自动还款
but perhaps even more importantly,
但更重要的是
you can put your investments on auto-deposit schedule,
你可以在自动储蓄的日程上配置投资资产
which is exactly what I did after I read this book.
读完这本书后 我就是这么做的
Now on my investment platform,
我以前用的投资平台是是Vanguard
which at the time was Vanguard,
现在我改变了投资平台
I have since moved over to M1 Finance, works on both of these.
转到了M1 Finance 它同时包含这两项功能
I have an auto-deposit schedule, where every single month
我设置了定投日程 这样每个月
money will come out of my bank account
钱都会从我的银行账户
and go into my investment account
径直进入投资账户
and be invested into a set series of ETFs,
投资不同系列的ETF
essentially mutual funds that I have set up beforehand.
它的本质就是我之前建立的共有基金
And there are two huge benefits
这样自动化管理投资的方式
to automating your investing in this way.
有两个巨大的好处
Number one is the consistency of actually investing,
其一是保证了投资的延续性
because if you have a robot doing your investing for you,
因为如果有个机器人帮你打理投资
you’re almost certainly going to invest more over the years
那你这几年的投资肯定会比之前多
than if you were deliberately making the choice
因为当你自己投资时 每个月总要思来想去
whether or not to invest every single month.
要不要投资
If you were doing it that way,
如果你是自己亲自投资
there are inevitably gonna be months
一年之中难免会有几个月
when you decide that, “I’d rather buy a jet ski,”
你因为“我想买个喷气滑雪板”
or, “I don’t feel like I have enough money,”
或是 “我觉得钱不够花”的理由不去投资
but if it’s on a schedule,
但如果设定好时间自动投资
It just comes out and you don’t think about it
它就一定会执行 你根本不用去考虑了
Until 10 or 20 or 30 years later,
等到10年 20年或者30年以后
when you have a ton of money invested.
当你投资了一大笔钱
you will thank yourself for enabling this robot.
你会感谢自己做了让机器人全权处理的决定
Secondly, doing this helps you to avoid
其二 这样做能避免
what J. D. Roth calls the behavior gap, which is the difference between
J.D.Roth提出来的行为差异
what the stock market would have made if you just left it on autopilot
这指的是人们自动化管理资产时股票市场的反应
and what the average investor makes because of their decisions.
与一般投资者自主投资时产生的结果之间的差异
And the example that it gives is that a 20-year period between 1988 and 2008,
书中给出一个案例 在1988年到2008年的20年内
where the S&P 500, which is essentially an index that tracks the entire U.S. stock market
S&P500 一个追踪观测整个美国的股市指数
made a little bit less than 8.5% return.
显示股市收益率接近8.5%
But the average investor made only about 1.8%,
而一般投资者平均收益率只有差不多1.8%
a huge gap, and actually less than the rate of inflation.
与前者差了很多 而且后者还跑不过通货膨胀
Now, some of that gap is due to a lot of investors
差距的部分原因 在于大量投资者
diversifying their investments,
分散化了他们的投资
which makes them a bit more secure,
这样做虽然使他们的资产更安全一点
a bit more hardened against losses and volatility.
减少了财务损失和波动
But a lot of that gap is due to bad decisions
但差距主要的原因还是由于投资者失败的决策
that were fueled by greed or by fear or by stupidity.
贪婪 恐惧 愚蠢 都加剧了失败告终的结局
And when you automate your investments,
而使用自动化管理资产的话
you don’t think about the market all the time,
你不需要分析考量市场
and you don’t even give yourself the opportunity to make these dumb decisions.
你甚至没机会去做这些愚蠢的决定
Our second book in the personal finance category
第二本关于个人理财的书
is one where I’d regrettably lost the book jacket at some point.
很遗憾我不知道什么时候弄丢了书的外壳
So Tony, can you please VFX the image on here for me?
所以能不能拜托Tony你做个书的封面特效
This is “A Random Walk Down Wall Street” by Burton G. Malkiel.
这本书是Burton G. Malkiel的《漫步华尔街》
And if you’re interested in investing at all,
如果你对投资的各个方面都感兴趣
I highly recommend reading this book.
我强烈推荐你读这本书
Now for somebody who just wants a good investment setup,
对于那些只想学习妥善投资的人
you don’t wanna think about it,
你们就不用看了
I think the general tips
我觉得关于妥善投资的常规建议
that are in “Your Money, The Missing Manual,”
主要在上一本《管好你的钱》里
and the videos that I am planning for this channel
我也计划单独做一期视频
are going to be quite adequate.
来对此进行非常详细地解读
But if you wanna understand investing,
但如果你想要弄懂投资
this is the number one book that I would recommend.
这是我最想推荐你的一本书
He goes into a lot of detail on how a lot of people, even very smart people,
他用大量的细节阐述了很多人 甚至是非常聪明的人
often make a lot of mistakes in the market that will cause them
经常会在股市里犯的很多错误
to lose out on potential gains.
这让他们失去潜在的收益
But the big idea from this book that I wanna share with you,
不过我想与你们分享的是 这本书里有一个关键点
it was actually kind of mind-blowing to me
让我真正地脑袋开窍了
is just how valuable retirement accounts can be for growing your money.
那就是退休金账户对你的财富累积无比重要
In the book, he sets up a hypothetical example
书中建立了一个假设
where $5,000 is invested every single year for 30 years.
连续30年 每年投资5000美元
And after that period, the money that was invested
之后 退休金账户里的钱
in a retirement account, in either an IRA or 401k,
不管是IRA还是401k
or another tax-advantaged account grew to $1.4 million,
或者其它有纳税优惠的账户 钱都会涨到140万美元
whereas the money that was not invested in a retirement account
相反 不把钱投进退休金账户
was put into a regular old taxable account,
只是放在常规老式的含税账户里的话
only grew to about $900,000.
钱只能涨到大概90万美元
So there’s a $500,000 potential earnings gap
两者有50万的潜在收益差
that is realized simply by utilizing these retirement vehicles.
而这个差异仅仅是利用退休机制产生的
And that is why personally, I do my best to max out my IRA, and my 401k every single year,
这就是我个人每年最大化配置IRA以及401k的原因
and then, and only then, put money into taxable investments
然后 一定要在此之后 再进行相应含税的投资活动
and why I would highly recommend you do the exact same thing,
所以我强烈推荐你也做一样的资产配置
unless maybe you’re saving for a short-term big purchase,
除非你近期有大额购买计划需要存钱
like a down payment for a house.
比如买房的首付
Yee!
好耶!
All right, now that I’ve damaged my walls with that last book,
好了 现在我们和上本书先告一段落
we are now moving on to the career category.
继续来说职业规划
And this is yet another category
针对这个板块
where I have two different recommendations for you.
我也有两本书推荐给你们
And I have a very good reason for adding two different books into this category
针对这个板块我想再额外推荐两本书
because they are very different and very useful for independent reasons.
因为它们虽然观点很不一样但都非常有用
So the first one that I’m gonna recommend
首先推荐的是
is “Pivot” by Jenny Blake.
Jenny Blake的《去 过你想要的人生》
And this is a fantastic book for anybody
如果你潜意识里希望事业能更进一步
who wants to potentially move or change their careers.
或是改变事业的方向 那这是一本极好的书
And this is a super common thing.
我们都有一个很强的共识
A lot of people, especially after they’ve been
很多人 尤其是那些
in their career for three to five years,
在一个职业赛道里待了3至5年的人
start to realize,
开始意识到
“Hey, I would like to do something different.
“我想要从事点不一样的事”
“I kind of don’t like what I’m doing right now.”
“我不是很喜欢现在的工作了”
And there’s these creeping feelings of guilt, right?
还会伴随一点怪异的愧疚感 是吧?
You’re like, “Well, I spent all this money
你会觉得 “我花了这么多钱”
“and all this time in college,
“这么多时间上大学”
“and I’m moving down this career path,
“虽然我现在已经到了职业发展的天花板”
“I don’t wanna lose all this career capital
“但我并不想失去从这个职业中获取的资本”
“or everything that I’ve gained,”
“或是任何已经得到的东西”
but you have to realize that wanting to change,
但是你要意识到 寻求改变
wanting to move up in the world
想要往上发展
is actually a very healthy thing.
这其实是非常积极利好的
It means that you have this drive to learn
这意味着你有动力去学习
and to adapt and to grow.
去适应 去成长
But doing so is a strategic endeavor.
但职业规划讲究策略
And this book has a lot of strategy to offer for that.
这本书提供了很多策略
a lot of case studies.
和大量的案例
And my favorite concept in this book
我最喜欢的
is her idea of doing pilot tests.
是作者提出的“探索性试验”这个想法
So in the TV industry,
在电视剧产业中
executives will order a pilot episode of a show
管理高层如果不确定剧情的反响
if they’re not quite sure it’s going to do really well.
就会选择其中一个剧情片段播放
So they’re gonna get the pilot episode, see how it does,
通过那个片段看反响如何
and if the audience is like it,
如果观众反应好
then they order an entire season.
他们就会播放一整季
Piloting is essentially a strategy
“探索性试验”这种策略讲的是
to invest a little bit of time, money and resources
朝一个有潜力的方向 先只投入一点点时间 金钱和资源
into a potential direction before going all in on it.
试一试 而不是一来就全盘投入
And the problem with careers is a lot of people
职业生涯中的问题在于很多人
get fed up with where they are and then they quit their job
在自己的岗位感到疲惫厌倦后就直接离职
and they don’t really know where to go.
但他们却并没有想好接下来该去哪里
So instead, ask yourself,
所以与其这样做 不如先问问自己
and Jenny talks about this in the book,
几个Jenny在这本书中提到的问题
“Can I do some little pilot tests?”
“我可以做一些’探索性试验’吗?”
“Are there little experiments that I could run in my free time
“我能不能先利用空闲时间小投入地试试?”
“without giving up everything I have right now
“在我不放弃当前事业的情况下”
“that would allow me to test out a possible different career shift
“我有没有机会尝试另一种职业”
“and see if it’s for me, see if I can do it?”
“来看我是否合适 能否做好?”
For example, I really like doing stuff in Notion.
比如 我很喜欢用Notion做东西
I like teaching people how to use Notion.
喜欢教别人怎么用
I like to build Notion templates,
喜欢创建Notion模板
like my task manager template,
像我的任务管理模板这种
but I’m not just gonna move on from being a YouTuber,
但我并不打算放弃做YouTube视频博主 专攻Notion
number one, because I like being a YouTuber.
第一 是因为我喜欢做YouTube视频博主
But number two,
但是第二
because I’m not sure if making stuff for Notion
因为我不确定Notion的相关工作
is a viable career path,
是不是一个可行的职业路径
or for my particular purposes,
尤其出于个人的考虑
a viable addition to my business.
这是不是让我事业加分的可行项目
So I tried some pilot projects.
于是我尝试了一些探索性试验
First, had a couple of videos on this channel
首先 在这个频道上投放了几个
teaching Notion doing some stuff, and those did well.
讲解Notion如何运用的视频 反响还可以
And then I started my second channel,
我又开通了另一个频道
Thomas Frank Explains.
叫《Thomas Frank 来讲课》
That’s where I create Notion tutorials and template tutorials.
我在这上面开展Notion的培训 以及模板教程
And that is now a little bit of a side business
从刚开始到现在 我在这项副业上
where I’ve invested a bit more than I originally did,
投入的精力越来越多了
but I’ve still not completely shifted over.
但我也没有完全转型
So if you have something that you wanna do,
所以如果你有想做的事
or if you’re fed up with where you currently are in your job,
或者现在的工作让你感到疲惫
ask yourself, “How could I pilot a small change?”
问问自己 “我怎么样能去尝试一点小小的改变呢”
Our second book in this career category
在职业规划板块 我想推荐的第二本书是
is Josh Kaufman’s “The Personal MBA,”
Josh Kaufman的《在家就能读MBA》
and I truly do believe that everyone in their 20s should read this book
我坚定地认为 每个人在20岁时都应该读一读
because this is a high-level of overview of many of the different concepts in business,
因为这本书是对许多不同的商业概念的高阶概述
of sales, of marketing, of value creation, of how to work with others.
包括了销售 市场 创造价值 如何与他人合作
And when you understand the fundamental concepts of business,
一旦你掌握了这些基础的商业概念
you understand the goals and motivations of your employer better,
就会更好地理解雇主的目标和动机
and that makes you a higher-value employee.
就能使你成为具有更高价值的员工
So if you want to get a raise,
因此 如果你想晋升
if you want to get a promotion,
如果你想要得到提拔
if you want to get new and more exciting duties at your job
如果你希望在工作中获得一些新鲜的更有意思的任务
and take on leadership roles,
并扮演领导者的角色
reading a book like this,
读一本像这样的书
and understanding the fundamentals of business
理解商业的底层逻辑
can be a very useful thing to do.
是一件非常有用的事
Now, the big idea that I wanna share in this video from this book
书中我想要分享的重要的 贯穿全书的
is the different types of value creation that he goes through in the book.
观点是创造价值的不同类型
This was sort of a mind-opening read for me when I went through this section
阅读这部分内容使我打开了思路
because a lot of people don’t really understand value creation.
因为许多人都没有真正了解创造价值的意义
If you ask the average person,
如果你随便问个人
“What are the different methods of creating value in business?”
“创造商业价值有哪些不同的方法?”
they’re gonna answer with two different categories, products, and services.
他们会回答两种类型 产品和服务
But as Josh explains in the book,
但就如Josh书中提到的
there are actually quite a few more different types of value creation.
事实上有好几种创造价值的方法
And if you’re somebody who wants to maybe start a business one day,
如果你有一天想要创业
understanding these and knowing what they are can be very useful to you.
理解并知晓创造价值的类型就对你非常有帮助
So I’m not gonna list all of these. I’m gonna put them up on the screen here
我不一个个列举了 我把它们都汇总屏幕上
so you can screenshot them if you want.
你需要的话可以截个屏
But I do want to highlight just a few of them.
但我确实想强调其中几个
Product is a very obvious one.
很明显产品是其一
This book is a product,
这本书本身就是一个产品
my Notion templates are a product.
我的Notion模板也是
Service is also pretty useful,
服务同样非常实用
a barber is offering a service.
就像理发师提供理发服务
But what about a shared resource?
那共享资源呢?
Something like Disneyland,
就像迪士尼
that is something that people can come and enjoy,
人们可以到这里享受快乐
but they don’t buy it
但消费者并没有买下迪士尼
and it’s not really a service in itself.
它本身并不属于服务类别
Also, option was a very interesting one for me.
还有 选择权 这个概念也非常有意思
And here’s an interesting question.
提个有趣的问题
What is the value that a place like Planet Fitness, a gym,
像Planet Fitness这样的健身房
is offering to its patrons?
投资它的人在创造什么价值呢?
We might automatically say it’s a service, and that is true.
我们下意识觉得是一项服务 没有错
But I think that the main value that a Planet Fitness,
但Planet Fitness最主要的价值
especially a big box gym like that is offering is an option.
尤其是这么大型的搏击俱乐部 它的价值是提供了选择权
You are getting the option to do something
你有健身的选择权
but you don’t necessarily have to exercise it.
不是非要锻炼不可
So really they’re paying for the optionality,
所以投资人实际在投资选择权
not necessarily the service or the shared resource.
而不是服务或共享资源
And that brings us to the health category,
这带我们进入健康管理板块
where my one book recommendation for you
推荐一本书给你
is Dr. John Rady’s “Spark, The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain.”
John.Rady博士的《运动改造大脑》
And I’m recommending this book literally for everyone
这本书我推荐每个人看
because this book hammered into my brain the need for exercise,
因为书把锻炼的必要性牢牢地植入了我的大脑
not just for my body, but for my mind.
锻炼不仅对身体有益 对思考也有益
As this book explains in excruciating detail,
这本书描述极其细节
exercise benefits your focus, your creativity,
锻炼有益于培养专注力 创造力
it helps with anxiety, it lessens ADHD symptoms,
缓解焦虑 克服注意力不集中
if you can believe that,
不管你信不信
it lessens stress and depression,
还能减缓压力和抑郁状态
it, in almost every way fathomable, helps you regulate your mental health.
从所有可评测的方面 帮助你调整心理健康
This was very important for me
对我而言很重要
because as an ambitious entrepreneur
因为作为一个雄心勃勃的企业家
with a pretty computer-based career,
计算机基础的职业发展有良好的前景
it has always been very easy for me to justify skipping workouts
我很容易让自己找理由放弃锻炼
because going to the gym for an hour or two
因为去健身房一两个小时
makes me feel like I’m putting off the things that I need to get done.
感觉像我在拖延需要做的事情
But as this book makes abundantly clear,
但这本书非常明晰地阐释了
exercising isn’t a waste of time,
锻炼不是浪费时间
it isn’t taking my work time away from me.
也没有占用我的工作时间
It’s actually a force multiplier for my work time.
实际上反而促使我的工作时间增长了几倍
Think about it.
想一下
I can either choose to work 10 or 12 hours a day, skipping all my workouts,
我可以选择一天工作10至12个小时 不进行任何锻炼
probably not sleeping well, probably not eating well,
也许还睡不好 也吃不好
and in that case, each hour that I put into my work is probably
在这种情况下 我投入工作中的每个小时
only worth about 20 minutes
可能只值20分钟
’cause I’m spending a lot of it groggy or procrastinating
因为很多时候我的状态昏昏沉沉 拖延停滞
’cause I just don’t feel very focused,
注意力感觉不是特别集中
or I can actually get my workout in.
又或者 我可以花时间锻炼
I can actually sleep eight hours.
睡足8个小时
I can actually eat a good diet.
三餐吃好一点
And if I do that,
如果我这样做
maybe I only have time for six hours of good work in a day,
可能我一天中只有6个小时能好好工作
but every single one of those hours truly is worth an hour.
但其中的每一个小时都得到充分利用
So if I’m taking my health seriously in general
因此 如果要认真关注整体的健康状况
and making sure to exercise everyday specifically,
确保每天都有特定时间锻炼
the value of my time,
我的时间价值
the effectiveness of it is essentially doubled.
实质上因为高效利用而增加了一倍
And I don’t have to work as many hours to get the same amount done.
我也不需要花费那么多时间去完成等量的任务
And “Spark” is really the book that helped me to really take that seriously.
《运动改造大脑》这本书真的让我引起了对锻炼的重视
Now, if there’s one more piece of advice I can give you here is that
再提一个建议
not all these books may be ones that you need to read right now,
这些书不是每一本你现在都需要读
even if you are in your 20s.
即便你正好在20岁这个阶段 也是如此
Really, the main thing that you, and pretty much everything else
最重要的是你 以及所有的一切
should be prioritizing above all of those skills is thinking critically,
在使用这些技巧之前有先进行批判性思考
especially with respect to your goals.
尤其要结合你的目标
So if you have a goal that is aligned with one of these five categories we just went through,
如果你的目标 与我们刚提到的5个板块相关
then maybe it is worth picking up one of these books.
那么就值得去读一读刚提到的这些书
And if you wanna improve your ability to think critically, which is incredibly important,
批判性思维非常重要 如果你想要提高
then this video’s sponsor, Brilliant, has a brand new Logic course that you should check out.
可以去看视频赞助商Brilliant的一套全新课程
Learning to think logically,
学逻辑思维
and to do things like analyzing worst case scenarios and dealing with unknown information,
学会处理未知信息 做好最坏的打算
these are skills that will help you in nearly every area of career and your life.
这些技巧几乎涉及职业发展和生活的每个领域 应该会对你有所帮助
And Brilliant’s Logic course in particular teaches you these concepts in a completely interactive,
Brilliant逻辑课讲解以上内容时 采用了沉浸式互动体验
problem-based approach that makes the learning process a lot more fun and a lot more effective.
和以问题为导向的实例教学方式让学习过程 更有趣 更高效
And they also use this exact same strategy for all their other courses, as well,
这样的方式同样也运用于他们的其他课程
which can help you master math, science and computer science.
帮助你掌握数学 科学 计算机科学的知识
In the library, you can find a full math suite ranging from number theory to advanced calculus,
图书馆有一整套数学学科内容 从数论到高等微积分
along with science and computer science courses,
与科学 计算机科学相结合
tackling everything from electricity and magnetism to machine learning.
从电力到磁场力问题 再到机器学习领域
So if you wanna start improving your critical thinking skills
如果你想要提升批判性思考的能力
and start learning on Brilliant,
就开启在Brilliant的学习之旅吧
you can go over to brilliant.org/thomasfrank,
你可以搜网站brilliant.org/thomasfrank
or click that link right there to sign up,
或者点击我指的链接注册
and that link is gonna get you 20% off their annual premium subscription.
从这个链接点进去订阅 每年额外享八折
If you’re looking for something else to watch,
想看一些其他的内容
I’ve got a video right there on James Clear’s “Atomic Habits,” another amazing book,
我有关于James Clear的《原子习惯》具体的视频解说 这本书妙极了
and that video goes through three of the biggest lessons in it,
视频里讲解了书中三节内容
or perhaps you’re curious about how I actually make my videos.
如果你好奇我是怎么制作视频的
Well, I’ve got a full breakdown on my second channel,
我另一个频道有详情介绍
which you can watch right there.
可以在那里看
Beyond that, hit the like button for the algorithm,
除此之外 点赞让后台算法知道你喜欢这个视频
follow me on Twitter for bite-size content.
在Twitter上关注我 获取更多短而精的干货
And I wanna know in the comments down below,
下方留言让我知道
what is the number one book that you recommend for people in their 20s or for people in general?
你最想推荐给20岁的人或者一般大众的读物
Thanks for watching, and I will see you in the next one.
感谢观看 下次见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

你是不是正好处于20多岁的阶段?想要在各方面都有所提升?从人际关系,工作效率,个人理财,职业发展,健康管理等维度,作者选取了七本书中的重要观点和建议在本视频中分享。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

olina

审核员

审核员YUWI

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXkJnuu2iYE

相关推荐