未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

改变英语口音的6个方法

6 Ways To Change Your English Accent | Fix & Speak Clearly!

Oh hey there I’m Emma from mmmEnglish.
嗨 我是《艾玛英语》的Emma
If you’re a regular mmmEnglish student
如果你经常收看本节目
you know that I don’t prioritise perfection.
你应该知道 我并不把完美放在第一位
I’m more focused on building confidence and self-belief
我更专注于建立信心和自信
and regular English practice.
以及定期英语练习
So when it comes to your accent,
所以谈到口音时
let’s focus on clear communication,
咱们应专注于清晰的表达
not the perfect English accent but clear communication
而不是完美的英语口音
that makes it easy to understand you,
使别人更容易理解你的话
to help you feel more confident when you’re speaking to others and to fit in.
让你沟通交流时更有自信 更加融入
So if reducing your accent and speaking clearly
若你想减轻口音
is something that you’re interested in doing,
并清晰表达自己的话
then stick around
那么不要走开
because I’ve got six tips to help you do that.
因为我有六条建议帮你达成目标
One of the coolest things about accents is that there are so many of them
口音的种类有很多
and one of the best ways that you can meet English speakers
若你想和来自世界各地 口音不同的人交流
with different accents from all around the world
最好的办法之一就是
is to be part of an online language school like Lingoda.
加入线上语言课程 如Lingoda
And with the next Lingoda Language Sprint right around the corner,
而且 Lingoda即将开设语言冲刺课程
well not only is this a great opportunity for you
这不仅为你提供了一个好机会
to improve your speaking and your listening skills in just three months
让你在3个月之内提升听说能力
but Lingoda are also offering a chance to get a one hundred percent refund as well.
还为学员提供返还全款的机会
Now if you haven’t heard me talk about it before,
如果你之前没听我提过
the Lingoda Language Sprint is a challenge.
Lingoda语言冲刺课程可以说是个挑战
Lingoda are inspiring their students to level up their knowledge,
该课程鼓励学生在90天之内
their speaking skills and their grammar awareness in just ninety days.
提升知识 口语能力和语法意识
Now I participated in the Sprint
我曾经也学习了冲刺课程
when it was called a marathon last year
去年它叫做马拉松课程
and it was one of the best things that I ever did.
那简直是我做过最棒的事情之一
I was taking Spanish classes.
我报了西班牙语课程
So there are two ways to join.
你有两种方式加入课程
You’ve got the choice to sign up for the Super Sprint
你可以参加超级冲刺课程
which is thirty classes a month for three months
每月30节课 一共3个月
and if you complete the Super Sprint,
如果你完成了这个课程
you’re going to get a one hundred percent refund.
学费就会全部退还
But alternatively, you can also join the Regular Sprint,
当然 你也可以选择一般冲刺课程
which is just fifteen classes a month for three months.
每月15节课 一共3个月
Now if you complete that you’re gonna get a fifty percent refund.
如果你能完成 就能退一半学费
To find out more about how the Sprint works
若想了解更多冲刺课程
then check out this video that I made up here.
请点击查看这个视频吧
I’m also gonna talk about if it’s really possible to get that refund.
在里面我也会说到退学费的可能性
So to join the next Sprint,
确保你通过下面的链接
make sure you use the link in the description below.
加入该冲刺课程
Sign up by June 15th, pay the deposit, secure your spot.
在七月十五日前加入 支付定金 占个名额
Plus if you use that code down there,
如果使用下方优惠码
you’ll get a ten euro discount off your deposit.
可享受折扣 定金减免十欧元
Good luck!
祝你好运!
So what’s so bad about an accent?
口音有什么不好呢?
Absolutely nothing.
当然没有
If you can communicate your message clearly,
如果你能清晰地传达你的信息
then there is no reason to change it.
那就不需要改变它
Your accent helps to create character and intrigue
口音可以塑造你的个性 引起别人的兴趣
and you know it helps to tell your story.
帮助你更好地表达自己
However, if your accent is a barrier to someone understanding you
然而 要是因为口音 别人听不懂你的话
or it stops you from creating a meaningful connection with someone
或者 你无法和他人进行有意义的交流
well, we’ve got a problem right?
那就麻烦了 对吗?
So reducing or limiting your accent is probably going to help you
所以减轻口音可能会帮到你
to feel more successful during conversations
让你的交流更成功
and to help you to get more confidence
让你变得更自信
and to speak more
更乐于表达自己
which is important.
这一点很重要
That’s the most important thing.
这一点最重要
So to help you to improve your accent and speak more clearly,
所以 为了帮你提升口语 让你的表述更清晰
I’ve got some tips that I’m sharing with you right now.
我现在就和你分享一些建议
The first one is to choose your accent.
一 选择你的口音
Now usually my advice is to listen to
通常情况下 我建议你尽量多听听
as many different English speakers as you can,
不同的人说英语
both native and non-native English speakers.
母语 非母语人士的都要听
This is essential to help you develop really strong listening and comprehension skills.
这对训练出强大的听力和理解能力很重要
However when it comes to changing your accent
然而 要是你想换种口音
and practising your pronunciation,
并且已经开始练习了
With this type of practice you know,
在这种情况下
it’s better to choose a specific accent to focus on
你最好选一种特定的口音
so that you can really pick out the most unique features of that accent
这样才能辨别出这种口音的独特之处
and try and copy them.
然后试着模仿
And the simplest way to do this is to choose an English speaker
最简单的方法就是选一个说英语的人
who you like the sound of when they speak,
你喜欢他说话的声音
you like listening to.
你喜欢听他说话
So find out where their accent is from
先弄清楚他是哪里的口音
and learn some of the key features of that particular English accent.
学习这种口音中最重要的特征
So if you want to learn an Australian accent like mine,
比如 若你想学习我的澳大利亚口音
then you would focus on pronunciation features like the flap T sound,
你就要关注一下发音特征 例如T的浊化
you know when a T is between two vowels
当T在两个元音之间
and it ends up sounding more like a D.
它的发音更接近D
Like in water, bottle, little.
比如water bottle little
You might also look at schwa endings,
你还要关注一下以中元音结尾的词
you know in words that end in -ER
比如以-er结尾的单词
but the -er sound is not pronounced like mother and weather.
但-er不发音 比如mother weather
And also I just want to take a moment to say that
我只想提醒你一下
in no way does this have to be a native English speaker who you’re copying.
你模仿的对象不一定非得是英语母语者
If there’s someone who you admire
如果你敬佩某个人
who’s a native of your first language
你们的母语相同
but when they speak English,
在他说英语时
they speak clearly and confidently,
能清晰 自信地表达
by all means copy their English accents.
那么一定要模仿他的英语口音
The reason why it’s important to choose one English accent to focus on
为什么只关注一种英语口音?
is so that you can get the repetition that you need you know,
因为这样你才能不断重复
to keep hearing those sounds again,
反复听发音
to emulate them and to copy them and produce those sounds yourself.
并模仿练习 直到你能说出来
So ideally you’ll find someone
理想情况下 你可以找一个目标
or even a couple of people with a similar accent that you have regular access to,
或者一群你经常接触的 口音相似的人
a regular access to their voice you know.
你能经常听他们说英语
Maybe they have a podcast, maybe they have a YouTube channel.
他们可能有播客或者油管账号
Whatever it is, as long as they’ve got lots of content and that it’s interesting content
无论如何 只要内容丰富有趣
that you like listening to,
你愿意去听
you may as well make your pronunciation practice enjoyable right?
那就能愉快地练习发音了 不是吗?
If you’re still wondering how to choose the right English accent,
如果你仍不知道如何选择一种正确的英语口音
the one that’s right for you,
一种适合你的口音
well think about your personality,
那就想想自己的性格
you know, are you quite serious and quite professional?
你比较严肃正经?
Or do you want to sound really cool and chilled out and approachable?
还是想让自己听起来很酷? 亲切?
All of these things influence the accent that’s right for you,
这些都会影响你选择适合自己的口音
but also the people that you are listening to
你聆听并模仿的对象也会影响你对口音的选择
and that you’re trying to copy, right?
因为你得去模仿这种口音 懂吧
So I’m curious,
所以 我很好奇
which English accent do you like the most?
你最喜欢哪种英语口音?
Which one would you most like to use yourself or
你最想说哪种口音?
which English speaker would you most like to sound like?
你最想模仿谁说英语?
Is there someone who you listen to regularly
你经常听到谁说话?
or you know someone that you watch on YouTube that you would like to sound like?
或者你想要模仿油管上的哪个人?
Let me know in the comments.
在下方评论告诉我吧
So you want to watch and listen to that accent as much as you can.
你得尽可能多的看 或者听那种口音
Like I said, find a person that you admire,
正如我所说 找一个你欣赏的人
that you’ve got lots of access to so that you can copy them.
你手头有很多他们的发音材料 方便你模仿
It’s just like you learnt your own accent from your parents.
就像你学父母的口音一样
If you surround yourself with regular sounds,
如果你沉浸在某种口音当中
you will naturally start to use them yourself when you speak English.
自然而然地就会开始说那种口音
I taught kids when I was in Vietnam and
我在越南教小孩子学英语时
some of them could bust out the most amazing American accent
有些孩子会冷不丁得冒出非常地道的美音
and slang words and expressions
还有一些俚语表达
All because they spend so much time watching cartoons and movies
因为他们看了很多动画 电影
with American accents in them.
其中说的都是美音
This is exactly the same concept.
这都是同一个概念
Another really great option is listening to audiobooks
另外一个很好的选择 就是听作者朗读有声书
which are read by an author who has an accent that you like.
你可以选择自己喜欢的口音
So Stephen Fry is awesome for received pronunciation,
史蒂芬·弗雷的发音十分标准
for sort of formal British pronunciation.
是较正式的英式发音
I’m listening to Michelle Obama read her book Becoming on Audible at the moment
目前 我正在Audible上听米歇尔·奥巴马朗读《成为》
and that’s also a lovely accent to emulate.
她的口音也很值得模仿
Trevor Noah is also a good one
如果你喜欢开玩笑 有幽默感
if you quite like jokes and humour.
崔娃也是个很好的选择
So I’ve added links to books narrated by those people
在下方简介中点击链接
in the description below.
即可获取他们朗读的书籍
You can listen to the samples of audiobooks on Audible.
你可以在Audible上听一些有声书的样章
Find an accent that you like and grab that book for free.
找到你喜欢的口音 免费获取书籍
It’s a really great resource for finding the accent
Audible上资源丰富
that you want to copy yourself.
让你找到自己想模仿的口音
So the idea is you watch and you listen to as much of that person
我的观点就是 尽可能多地聆听别人
as you can or that accent as you can.
或者其他的口音
And the great thing is you’re going to be learning new words, new slang, humour.
好处就是 你能学到新单词 俚语 幽默感
All of this is really, really helpful, right?
这些真的很有用 不是吗?
But you’ll also be training your brain to
你也可以训练你的大脑
recognise and associate those sounds with words as you hear them,
去识别这些声音 把读音和单词联系起来
so that you can start using them yourself as you speak.
然后把它们应用到自己的表达中
Up next, of course, it’s practise imitation.
当然 接下来就是练习模仿了
So English has a rhythm, right?
英语有节奏 对吧?
it follows a stress and tonal patterns
它的重音 声调模式
that are arobably quite different to those used in your native language.
可能和你的母语区别很大
and this can have a huge impact on your communication in English.
这对你的英语交流有很大的影响
If you’re speaking English
如果你在说英语时
and you’re applying the stress and the rhythm from your native language,
按照母语中的重音和节奏
it can be pretty distracting for other English speakers who are trying to listen to you.
会极大分散听众注意力
So softening that a little is a really, really good idea
所以 最好减轻口音的影响
and this relates to syllable stress in individual words,
那就得注意单词音节中的重读
it relates to sentence stress, to tone, to pause.
句中的强调 语调以及停顿
So becoming familiar with all of these things by imitating a native speaker as they speak,
通过模仿英语母语者 你就会对这几点非常熟悉
it’s going to help you to learn and understand and experience the rhythm of English
这能帮助你学习 理解以及感受英语的节奏
and help you to use it more yourself.
然后将它运用起来
And if there are words that you use in your native language
如果你的母语中有一些词
that they’re also used in English as well
在英语中也出现了
then pay close attention to the English pronunciation of those words
一定要注意它们的英语发音
because it’s probably a little different to what you’re used to you know.
因为它有可能与你以前熟知的发音有差别
Words like burger or other foods especially.
尤其像burger及其他食物类的单词
Words with common endings like action or community,
或含常用后缀的单词 如action community
countries and city names you know,
以及国家或城市的名字
they can be pretty similar between languages
在不同的语言里 它们的发音可能很相似
but it would be a good idea to practise the correct English pronunciation
但练习正确的英语发音才是上策
especially names that you are using often yourself right?
尤其是你经常说到的名字 懂吧?
Say everything out loud.
大声地说出口
The more that you actually say, the better.
说的越多越好
Because you can read about English pronunciation,
这样才能尽可能多得理解英语发音
you can listen to English speakers as much as you like.
听懂更多不同的口音
I mean you can listen to me talking in this video as much as you like
我是说 你能在本视频中尽情听我说英语
but if you can’t get the muscles in your mouth moving and working in the way that you need them to.
但如果你不按照目标锻炼自己的发音
It’s pointless you know
这一切就毫无意义
and you don’t even need someone to speak with to do this,
而且你也不需要和别人对话才能练习
you can do it yourself,
你自己一个人就能练
you can talk to yourself in the mirror and the shower.
你可以对着镜子 或洗澡的时候自言自语
It literally doesn’t matter
这都无所谓
but if you build a habit around moving and working those muscles,
但如果你养成了锻炼嘴部肌肉的习惯
it’s gonna have an impact.
那就有很大的作用
The more that you practise saying English words, the better.
你练习得越多 就会说得越好
So reading out loud is a really good daily practice,
大声朗读确实是一个很好的日常练习
singing songs is awesome as well.
同样 唱歌也是很棒的练习方式
Simply just getting your mouth muscles moving and comfortable
这些练习只需活动你的嘴部肌肉
and doing all of the things that they need to do to make English sounds correctly, right?
因为不断练习 才能正确地发音 知道吗
Just do it as much as you can.
尽可能多得练习
And as a hint,
顺便提一句
just make sure that you’re going back to that podcast
一定要重新去听播客
or back to that YouTube channel or that audiobook re-listening to the accent
或是油管视频 有声书里的音频
so that you can make your own adjustments to your pronunciation if you need to.
然后按情况改进自己的发音
Right my fifth tip is to take every opportunity that you have to talk,
第五个建议是 抓住一切表达的机会
you know, you don’t improve your accent by thinking about it.
光想不做 怎么可能有进步?
So what opportunities do you have to actually put it into practice in real live situations?
在现实生活中 你有多少机会去实战演练呢?
If you go ahead with the Lingoda Sprint,
若加入Lingoda语言冲刺课程
then you’re going to be getting regular speaking practice every day.
那你每天都有练习英语的机会
But what other opportunities do you have?
但你还有其他的机会吗
Take them. Use them to practise.
抓住机会 并且练习
And I say this especially if you are shy and you’re uncomfortable about speaking in English,
我尤其要提一下 如果你说英语的时候感觉害羞或不自在
you know maybe you hesitate before you speak
你在说之前可能会犹豫
and sometimes you miss those opportunities.
有时候就会错过这些机会
So try and speak up, take every opportunity that comes your way.
所以 尝试着说出来 抓住身边的每一个机会
Don’t just go to class, you know, ask questions,
不要只上课 你要去提问
be the first person to put up your hand and answer.
要第一个举手回答问题
Don’t sit in silence.
不要默默地坐着
Students who take those opportunities to improve are going to do it the fastest right?
能抓住这些机会的学生 进步一定最快
So try to put your fears and your worries and your doubts aside and speak.
所以不要害怕 放下焦虑和顾虑 大声说出来
Get into the habit of practising.
养成练习的习惯
And lastly record yourself and listen critically.
最后 给自己录音 然后客观地听自己的发音
I’ve talked about the importance of choosing a single accent that you would like
我已经说过 选一种你喜欢的口音很重要
and to listen to it and then to take every opportunity to speak out loud
你还要去听 然后抓住每一个机会大声说出来
either yourself or when you’re talking to people,
无论是自言自语 还是与别人交流
get those muscles working and practise speaking
一定要锻炼自己的嘴部肌肉
but how do you know if you’re actually improving
那你怎么知道自己是否进步了呢
or how do you know if your accent is changing?
你怎么知道自己的口音在变化呢
Or how can you tell what you need to improve or get better at?
你怎么知道 自己哪里还需要提高 才能变得更好呢
You record yourself.
方法就是给自己录音
Now it’s possibly one of the most awkward, uncomfortable things that you’ll ever have to do.
这可能是你做过的最尴尬 最难受的事情之一
Listen to yourself speaking in a second language on a recording.
在录音里听自己用第二种语言说话
Never mind. I promise you, you’ll get over it
没关系 我敢保证你一定会克服它
and improving your accent is way more important.
毕竟改进你的口音更重要
Now remember way back in step number one,
现在我们回顾一下第一条建议
I talked about paying attention to the unique features of the accent that you want to use.
我说过 要注意口音的独特之处
Well can you hear those features in your own recording?
在你的录音中 你能听到这些特征吗
If you compare the recording to the accent that you’re trying to copy,
如果将你的录音和你模仿的对象对比
what sounds different?
两者有什么不一样呢
You know and what do you need to change
你就会知道如何改进
to make it sound more natural
让你的口音听起来更加自然
or more like that accent.
和模仿的口音更接近
Changing your accent is not something that you can do overnight.
改变口音并非一朝一夕之工
Alright it takes practice and it takes repetition.
这需要练习和不断的重复
So making it part of your daily practice,
所以 让练习成为日常生活的一部分
ten or fifteen minutes a day is going to produce some significant results
如果你能养成这个习惯 每天练习10或15分钟
if you create that habit and you do it for six months or for a year.
半年或一年后 你将会收获显著的效果
In fact, keep a recording of you now at the start of this journey
事实上 在最开始练习时录一次
and then record again at six months and twelve months
然后在半年 一年后各录一次
and track the progress that you’re making.
记录这段时间内的进步
Track the change over time,
以及这段时间里口音的变化
you know, it’s something that you’ve got to commit to just a little bit every day over time
你得长期坚持 每天都要花一点时间练习
and I promise you that if you get to the end of that period of time and
我敢保证 在这段时间结束的时候
you compare a recording to one that you took twelve months earlier,
你把录音与一年前的录音对比时
you’ll be blown away by the progress that you’ve made.
一定会为自己的进步感到震惊
You won’t notice this change from one day to the next
你不会注意到每一天的变化
but you’re definitely going to surprise yourself
但要是把最近的录音与一年前的对比
if you compare that recording to one that you took a year earlier.
你一定会感到很惊讶
So my friend that is it for today,
那么朋友们 今天就到这啦
I hope that you’ve enjoyed this lesson.
希望你能喜欢这个视频
Now you’ve probably been practising with one of my imitation lessons before.
你可能已经跟着我的课程进行模仿练习了
They are really the great ways to practice my pronunciation and nutural expression.
这些都是练习发音和表达很棒的方法
but it’s also gonna teach you a method that you can use
如果你想要模仿其他人
if you want to imitate and copy someone else.
这些视频也会教你相应的方法
So check it out if you haven’t already
如果你还不知道 那就去看看吧
and hit that subscribe button.
别忘了点击了订阅
I will see you in the next lesson. Bye for now!
咱们下次见 拜拜

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本文介绍了改变英语口音的六种方法

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

刘小贵

审核员

审核员MS

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF2cxvvNnTw

相关推荐