未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

6个警示你该换工作的信号

6 Warning Signs You Should Get a New Job

大家好我是Financial Diet的切尔西
Hey guys, it’s Chelsea from the Financial Diet.
本周的节目由Freshbooks赞助播出
And this week’s video is brought you by Freshbooks.
往期节目里我们讲了
Something we talk a lot about on the channel is
找一份适合自己的工作
finding a job that’s right for you.
如果你刚刚毕业
Now obviously it’s something that’s top of mind
这显然是你的头等大事
when you’re just graduated from school,
但即使是踏入职场后
but even as you generally make it through your career,
从事一份有意义并能让你幸福的工作
landing in the job that makes sensefor you and makes you happy
也是我们经常关注的
is something what we always thinking about.
做好自己的工作
And performing well at that job when you’re in it
也十分重要
is something that’s also very important
我们也已经说过很多次
and we talk about that a lot as well.
但还有一些同样至关重要的事
But something that’s also really important to consider
在节目中却很少讲到
that maybe doesn’t always get as much as air time.
比如 如果工作不适合你怎么办
It’s what to do when a job is just not right for you.
有时候 我们太在意
Sometimes we’re so concern
找到和守住一个职位
what just getting into a job and locking it up,
却没有停下来想一想
but we don’t stop to realize that
有时我们的工作并不适合自己
sometimes a job we’ve landed may not be the right job for us.
被辞退是很可怕的一件事
And even though getting fired is a really really scary prospect.
但主动辞职可能更难
Quitting can oftentimes be way harder because it can
因为即使你已经厌倦了这份工作
take you years to work up the courage to do it,
你也可能需要很久才鼓足勇气离开
even when you hate your job.
我们Financial Diet团队中几乎每个人
Almost everyone on the TFD team at some point had been in a job
都曾从事一份他们不喜欢的工作
that they knew they didn’t want to stay in,
但他们留在那里因为他们感到焦虑
but they stayed there anyway because they were friendly to nervous
无法鼓足勇气辞职
and couldn’t really work up the courage to leave it.
旧环境使你感到熟悉和舒适
It had that sense of familiarity and comfort
而且你会觉得老板也是你辞职的阻力
and plus you feel like you owe it to employors not to leave.
但能意识到工作并不适合自己
But realizing that a job isn’t right for you
并体面周到地离开
and leaving it in a respectful and thoughtful way
是成为一名合格的职场人的要素之一
is just part of being a professional adult.
尽管这不算一个完美的体系
And well, it’s not a perfect system,
但我们相信 任何工作都有一些关键点
we believe that there’s some key points to look out for any job
让你意识到它并不适合你
that really let you know that it’s not the job for you.
如果你在工作中发现一个或多个这样的预警信号
Seeing one or several these warning signs at your current job
并不意味着你明天就得辞职
doesn’t mean you’re walking in and quitting dramatically tomorrow
也不意味着你就有了辞职的底气
or that’s seemed have faith, it just means that
这只是表示 你开始寻找新的职位
you know that you are on the path of finding something new,
并有了离开的切实理由
and have tangible reasons to leave.
闲话少说 下面就是
So without further ado, here are six warning signs
衡量你当前工作的六个信号
to look forward your current job,
让你明白该找新工作了
to let you know that it’s time to find a new one.
第一 你发现很困难
Number one, you find it difficult
并缺乏动力去完成任务
and are unmotivated to finish projects and assignments.
显然我们不会每时每刻
Now obviously we are never going to feel 100%
都像打了鸡血一样
richer segments, rah-rah…
满怀热情去完成每一个任务
excited to finish every project.
的确有时候
And yes, they are going to be short-term period
当你的个人生活不如意时
where your personal life might be very complicated
你就难以专注于工作
and you’ll find it difficult to concentrateor to care about work.
这都是很正常的
Those are all normal things.
但如果你发现自己长期消沉
But the difference is finding yourself in a long-term slump
或者丧失了最根本的内在动力
or that key, fundamental internal motivation has gone.
要是你对之漠不关心
You can’t be good at any job,
你就做不好任何工作
if you don’t fundamentally care about it.
这不算第一个热情指示灯
And no, they don’t have to be your number one passionate light.
但若没有内在的自我驱动力
But without that internal, self motivation
竭尽所能做到最好
to do things the best of your ability,
那你就注定会失败
you are basically doomed to fail.
许多人有个误区
A lot of people have a misconception
认为工作是生活中
that your job is supposed to be the most important
最重要或最有明确意义的部分
or validating part of your life.
这大可不必
And it doesn’t have to be.
事实上 也不该如此
In fact, it shouldn’t be.
但无论你是咖啡师还是副总统
But whether you are a barista or a senior vice president,
如果没有内在动力
no job is going to work out
那什么都做不好
if you can’t find something within itthat pose you to do well.
当丧失完成任务
When you’ve lost the motivation tofinish assignments or projects
甚至是最基础工作的动力时
or even do basic part of your job,
表明你该离开了
that’s a pretty good indication that it’s time to leave.
第二 你不清楚自己的目标对象
Number two, you aren’t really surewhich you’re being judged on.
这与上一点正相反
Now this is the sort of the opposite of the last point.
我们刚才说到你找不到动力
And that in the last point, you can’t find the motivation
来尽自己所能完成任务
to complete your tasks to the best of your ability.
而这一点 你甚至不知道
And in this point, you are not even really sure
这些任务是什么
what those tasks specifically are.
无论什么工作
Every job, no matter what it is,
都需要一套考核你绩效的指标
needs a set of clear metrics on which you’re judged.
这不仅能帮助你
Not only does it help you advance
升职加薪 步步提高
through raises and promotions, and up the ladder,
还能让你每天都认识到
it also gives you a day-to-day understanding
自己的表现如何
of how your performance is.
比如一些需要合作的工作
Now some cooperate jobs, for example,
具有极其标准化的度量方法
have extremely standardize metrics.
你的考核基于特定的指标
You are judged on very specific quotas,
可能会有一个打分系统
you might be ranked in a system or something like
或者由一分至五分来评价你的业绩
“one to five” of your performance review,
并且你大体上知道评价的标准
and you generally know exactly which you are being judged on.
但有些职位的评价标准并不明确
But at some jobs, these metrics are very unclear,
这使你的工作环境很危险
and can lead to a dangerous working environment
你没有固定的目标
where your goal posts are always moving.
比如你在年初认为
For example, if you start the year believing that
你最大的目标是几个特定的项目
your biggest goals are a few specific projects,
却在年末得到一个差的绩效
and end the year, getting a bad performance review
因为你没有做另外几项事
because you didn’t do something else
你甚至不知道要把它们作为目标
that you weren’t even really aware was a focus,
这是个巨大的警示
that’s a huge red flag.
许多差劲的雇主用这种非常奇怪而多变的标准
A lot of not-so-good employers usethis really weird, shifty metrics
故意使员工长时间
as a way to keep people in the same position,
得不到升职和加薪
and at the same salary a lot longer than they should be.
如果你不知道评价的标准
When you don’t know what you metrics are,
你就无法为自己维权
you can’t advocate for yourself.
更重要的是你没法在这个公司规划自己的未来
And more importantly, you can’t reallyplan for your future within the company.
如果你每天上班时连评价标准都不知道
People simply drive you insane if you have to go to work everyday,
你会被逼疯的
not knowing what you are judged on.
第三 工作压力开始影响你的健康
Number three, work stress has begun to affect your health,
或是你的个人生活
or your personal life.
说得更清楚些
Now let me be clear.
在许多工作中
In a lot of jobs, they’re going to be periods
都会有非常非常紧张的时候
where it’s really really intense.
每个人都得加班
And everyone is going to have to be going overtime.
可能为了完成一个项目
You might be finishing a pitch or project
你不得不加班到很晚 周末没有休息
that you have to stay really late and coming on the weekend.
但一个好雇主和差雇主的区别在于
But the difference between a good and a bad employer is that
一个好雇主会认识到
a good employer recognizes that
加班的时间必须单独计算并给予补偿
those times must be isolated and compensated for.
即使他们无法给你应得的加班工资
A good employer, even if they can’t give you overtime pay,
也至少会说
which they should be, will at least say:
上两周真是难为你了
“Hey, you’ve been really killing yourself these past two weeks”,
想让你在家工作几天
want you work from home a couple days
或是放几天假
or take a couple days off.
如果你总是觉得
If you constantly feel like you’re in that
工作使你精疲力竭
“burn-out” mode at work,
你总是加班
always working overtime, and never feeling like
而且从没有抽身的时间
you have some time to recook from it.
你的个人生活和健康将不可避免地收到伤害
It’s inevitable that your personal lifeand your health are going to suffer.
一个不尊重你的生活和健康的雇主
And an employer who doesn’t respect that
不值得你长期跟随
is not the employer you can be with long term.
无论你得到职位时
It does not matter if you were the most excited person in the world
有多兴奋
when you landed this job.
如果这份工作使你生活的其他部分崩溃
If doing it is causing the rest of your life to crumble,
你必须离开
you must leave it.
比如 作为一个作家 我认识几个同行
For example, as a writer, I know several other writers
他们曾把大报社的工作当做一生的追求
who have had to quit jobs at big glossy magazines
却不得不辞去这份光鲜的工作
that they dreamed about their entire lives.
他们没有其他选择
They had to do it,
不是因为极低的报酬
not because the pay was even that particularly bad,
而是因为老板知道
but because the employer knew that
他们对这份工作有多渴望和兴奋
they were so desperated and excited to work at this place,
以至于觉得自己可以为之工作一生
that they assumed they could take over their entire lives.
这些朋友发现自己总是
These friends were constantly finding themselves
在夜里义务劳动
had unpaid work events at night,
在周末还赶去工作
having a coming on the weekends,
被迫做三倍于约定的工作
having to do three more jobs than they signed up for,
并被期望成为品牌标识的一部分
and being expected to be a part of this brand identity,
不管在白天还是黑夜也不管是不是周末
no matter what time of the day or week it was.
你必须特别留意有吸引力和竞争力的行业中
You must just especially watch out for these employer behavior,
雇主的行为
in competitive or glamorous industries,
因为他们知道能占你的便宜
because they know they can take advantage of you.
这也是高薪职位的一个大问题
And this is also a big problem in higher salary jobs.
但不论你在哪里
But no matter where you are,
一个不关心你工作外生活的雇主
an employer that does not care about the rest of your life,
就是一个不关心你的雇主
is an employer who doesn’t care about you.
第四 你和同事之间没有健康的边界
Number four, you have unhealthy boundaries with your coworkers.
再拿Financial Diet的行业举个例子吧
Again, given the industries that we are in the TFD,
我很高兴有机会认识
I have happy opportunity to know a lot of people
许多为创业公司工作的人
who work for a lot of startups.
通常这些极小的创业公司或小企业中
And often these super tininess startups or small businesses
同事之间互相夸大
are the kinds of environments that are very toxic
这种环境是有毒的
in terms of how colleagues exaggerate with each other.
许多这些小公司往往会创造一种环境
A lot of these small companies havereal tendency to create this environment of…
即你的同事都应该成为你的挚友
your colleagues should all be your best friends
并且这应当成为你身份标识的一大部分
and this branch would be a huge part of your identity,
这份工作也应该成为你生活的全部
and this job should be your life.
使你陷入这不健康状态的方法之一
And part of the way that they suck you into that unhealthy dynamic
就是让你相信你的同事们
is by convincing you that the people you work with
也是你的家人
are essentially your second family.
分辨这种同事间紧密融合的氛围
Some key signs to look out for an this kind of like
的一些标志有
boundary force coworker environment are things like,
经常性的同事间强制社交
constant mandatory socialization with your coworkers,
许多侵犯个人隐私的问题
a lot of personal invasive questions,
大量夜晚的酒会
a lot of alcohol-filled evenings,
以及明显的人事经理的缺乏
and a total discernible lack of HR.
我认识许多人
A lot of people I know who stayed for a long time
在不适合自己的职位上待了很久
at jobs they weren’t right for is because
因为他们觉得对雇主有个人的义务
they felt that they had an almost personal obligation to their employer.
他们觉得
And they felt like:
我的老板就像我最好的朋友我怎么能辞职呢
“Oh but this boss is like my best friend, how could I leave?”
对此我有两点要说
And to that, there are two things to say.
首先 老板不应该成为你最好的朋友
First of all, a boss should really not be your best friend.
因为这样好则形成极不健康的权力状态
Because in the best of cases, it’s a super unhealthy power dynamic,
坏则使你丢失自我
and in the worst of cases, the potential lost you.
其次
And second of all,
即使你的老板是你最好的朋友
even if your boss was your best friend,
这也不应该阻止你离职
that should not at all stop you from leaving a job,
你那么想是错的 因为一个最好的朋友
it’s wrong for you, because a best friend would understand
会理解你要为职业生涯做出正确的选择
that you have to make the right decision for your career.
因为不想让同事们难过
Getting into a feeling of being tracked with your coworkers
而感到与他们纠缠不清
because you don’t want to upset them
完全误解了
is completely misunderstanding what it means
雇员和雇主之间的关系
to have an employer and employee relationship.
你对同事的喜爱应维持在正常水平
You like your coworkers, to a normal extent.
你也许可以和其中几个自然地成为好友
You should perhaps be friends with the few of them naturally.
而且和所有同事保持友好关系
And you should have a friendly relationship with all of them.
但最终你的个人生活应当与工作分离
But at the end of the day, your personal lives should
因为将两者混为一谈是不健康的
generally remain seperate because it’s not healthy to mix the two.
模糊工作关系和友情的边界
Blurring the lines between what is work and what is friendship
会导致刚才的问题
leads to the previous problem which is feeling like
即你感觉每时每刻在工作 并精疲力竭
you are constantly working and therefore, a burned-out.
而且最重要的是 你们公司没有专门的人事经理
And above all, there is no discernible HR in your company
来有效地处理这些问题
to effectively deal with these boundary issues,
这本身就是一个重要的警示信号
that is a huge red flag in and of itself.
第五 当你不再
Number five, you’ve had a wall
从工作中学习进步的时候
while you just stop learning an evolving in your job.
每个职业中都会有相对滞缓和相对有趣的时期
There going to be slower times and more interesting times in every career.
但要是你最终
But if in the end of the day,
回顾上一年的工作
you can look back at the year of the job,
发现自己没有学到任何重要的技能
and not identify one big skill that you’ve learned,
或者没有提升
or really improved on,
或是发现和去年的工作完全一样
or something that you do differentlynow than you did a year ago,
这就是一个重要的警示了
that’s a big red flag.
当你在一家公司待了很久
When you’ve been in a company for a long time,
你很容易在舒适区停滞不前
it’s very easy to start stagnating and get comfortable
因为你感觉你对工作了如指掌
because you feel like you know the job like the back of your hand.
但这不仅不利于你在公司的进步
But not only is this bad for your progress within the company you’re at,
如果你最终要跳槽的话
it’s also very bad for your resume
这也不利于你的简历
if you want to go to new companies eventually.
为了找到能使你持续进步的工作
Sometimes things that you should look to have a job to keep you evolving
你需要一个良师益友 年度计划
are things like a mentor figure, goals for your year,
和非常清晰的评价标准 来推动你
and really clear metrics that help push you.
如果你发现在当前的职位上
And if you find yourself in a position where the end of year,
你无法在年底回顾自己的工作
you can’t look at your work and really identify what was you,
并清晰地分辨自己和团队其他成员
versus what was the rest of the team,
这是一个重要警示
that’s a huge red flag.
在大公司体系中
In bigger corporate structures, it is weirdly easy
你很容易升职和做完自己的工作
to move up and to manage your real position
而这份工作却没有清晰的实质性成果
where the tangible results of your work are not clear
你的技能也没有提升
and neither are your skills.
对每一份工作
And at every job, you should be able to clearly
你都应当清晰地陈述和捍卫你的工作
present and defend things that were your work,
和完成的内容
and that you complete it.
如果你不能清楚地回答
If you can not clearly answer the question
为什么你对公司很重要
“why are you essential to this company?”
那就是一个重要警示了
That is a huge red flag.
留心这些辞职的警示
And looking out for those signs of no longer involving
是在木已成舟前行动的好方法
is a great way to start that process before you get there.
第六 这份工作不是你签约的
Number six is that the job is not what you signed up for.
这对应届生
This is especially important for postgraduates
和刚踏入职场的人尤其重要
or people just entering their first career path.
我们正处于
We are currently in economy in which
高能低薪的经济环境中
people are over-qualified and underpaid.
这意味着一件最重要的事
And that means one thing above all else.
你进入的职位往往是有迷惑性的
Oftentimes the terms of the job thatyou entered into are very deceptive.
我认识的大约一半
I would say approximately 50% of the college graduates I know
从事朝九晚五的工作的大学毕业生
who entered into a nine-to-five job
感到自己的实际工作
felt rather deceived by what they expected to do
与期望的相比差别很大
versus what they ended up doing.
许多人实际上
And a lot of that usually comes down to
以为要做一份工作
“I was expecting to do this one job,
结果却承担了三份
and I am essentially taking on the tasks of three.”
而且他们经常觉得自己不能抱怨
And they often felt like they can’t complain about it
因为他们知道外面拿着学历的人
because they know that a lined-up people with their fresh degrees
正排着长队等这份工作
are waiting at the door to take that job.
但即使你今天不走
But even if you can not leave it today,
一个对于职位日常要求
a job that was not honest about
都不诚实的工作
what the day-to-day requirements of the position are,
不适合你的长期成长
is not a job that you can grow long term with.
这些雇主经常会遇到辞职和跳槽
There will always be element of bait and switch with these employer
因为他们自己知道这是无法避免的
because they know that they can not get away with that.
所以这对你意味着什么呢
So what is that mean for you?
这意味着你得开始寻找
It means you have to start looking at
可以丰富你简历的实实在在的技能
what are the tangible skills that you can add to your resume,
以使自己更不可替代
to not only make yourself more indispensable,
并且有更多的职业选择
but to give yourself wider options for new jobs.
如果你已经有一份朝九晚五的工作
It will be a lot easier to get into a new nine-to-five job
再找一份新的将容易得多
when you’ve already had one under your belt.
比如我掌握两门语言
For example, I’m bilingual which allowed me to tutor
这使我能在更换职业方向期间教书并到海外工作
while I was changing career paves, and work aboard.
劳伦也在她的空余时间
And Lauren is constantly expanding her design skills
通过网课不断提升她的设计水平
via online classes in her spare time.
这些不是一夜之间练成的
And these are not overnight things,
但他们的职业技能不需要上更久的学
but their professional skills which don’t require more college,
并能让你有一份更有分量 更不可替代的简历
and allow you to have a stronger, more indispensable resume
这让你能更好地挑选雇主
that allows you to be more discerning about your employers.
找到工作很棒
Finding a job is great.
在工作岗位上做得杰出则更好
Excelling at that job is even better.
但知道什么时候辞职
But knowing when it’s time to leave that job
更是一个成熟的职业人的标志
is a mark of real professional.
你不必对以专业的手段
You do not ever have to feel guilty about
离开一份不适合你的工作
moving on in a professional way,
感到愧疚
from a job that just isn’t right for you.
因为如果你不想做这份工作
Because if you’re not willing to do that,
你会在一条错误的职业道路上浪费几年甚至几十年
you could lose years or even decades on the wrong career path.
一如既往地感谢您的收看
As always thank you for watching,
请不要忘记点击下方的订阅
and don’t forget to hit the subscribe button
并每周二回来收看新的好看的视频再见
and to come back every Tuesday for new and awesome videos. Bye.
本节目由Freshbooks赞助播出
This video is brought you by Freshbooks.
大家都知道我和劳伦运营着Financial Diet
As you guys know, Lauren and I run TFD,
这意味着大量的琐事
which means a lot of number crunching,
开发票和做纸面记录
invoicing and keeping track of paper work,
如果你曾是自由职业者 做过副业
And if you’ve ever freelanced, side hustled or
或做过自己的项目 你大概知道
had your own project, you would probably know
为了记录数字而精疲力尽的滋味
what it feels like to get overwhelm just keeping track of numbers.
Freshbooks正是为了解决这个问题
That’s what Freshbooks comes in.
简单来说 这是个云端计算软件
Basically, it’s cloud counting software
帮助你记录你的生意
that allows you to keep track of your business
并快速而简便地收钱
and get paid in the fastest and easiest way.
这就像你的小秘书
It acts like your own mini personal assistant,
记录从存款到资产的所有事
keeping track of everything from deposits to the money you’re owned,
并一直提醒你
and reminding you along the way.
另外 它独特的工具能确保你更快地收钱
Plus, their unique tools are set up to make sure you get paid faster,
最棒的是 它是为算术很差的人设计的
and best of all, it was designed with people and mind
比如说我
who are really bad with numbers, like me.
而且Freshbooks给Financial Diet的观众30天无限制试用期
And Freshbooks is offering TFD viewers of free 30-day unrestricting trial.
试用请至freshbooks.com/TFD
To try it out, go to fresbooks.com/TFD
或/the financialdiet
or /the financialdiet
并在“你从哪里听说我们”一栏
and answer “the Financial Diet”
输入“the Financial Diet”
in the “how did you hear about it” section.
开始用Freshbooks更快地收钱吧
Start getting paid faster with Freshbooks.
访问thefinancialdiet.com获取更多精彩内容
visit THE FINANCIAL DIET.COM for more!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

找工作难,辞职更难。及时而果断地辞职是一名合格职场人士的必备技能。

听录译者

꒰•̫͡•ོ꒱

翻译译者

紫叶醡浆草

审核员

Y

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyn0TLy7OZk

相关推荐