未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

这6本书彻底改变了我的人生

6 Books That Completely Changed My Life

-嗨 大家好
– Hey, what’s going on, guys?
在这个频道 之前
So on this channel, in the past,
我们已经视频推荐过一些书了
we have done several book recommendation videos.
我很喜欢做这些事
I enjoy doing these things.
我知道你们也真的喜欢
I know you guys really like them.
今天 我们将做另外一期
So today, we’re going to do another one
关于改变我人生的六本书视频
that’s gonna be six books thatchanged my life personally. Now,
这六本书并非是
these six books aren’t gon na be books
我认为世界上最好的书
that I think are the best reads in the world,
但至少是有一种想法的书
but they are books thathad at least one idea,
实际上是包含更多想法
but in most cases more,
这些想法改变了我人生的轨道
that actually changed the trajectory of my life
或者我日常思考、做事的方式
or the way that I act or think on a daily basis.
从这叠书你可以看出
And as you can see fromthis stack of books here,
只有三本纸质书
there are only three print books
这叠书最上面还有一个iPad
and one iPad sitting on top of the stack
因为我有些看的是电子版
because I do own some of these digitally. So,
好了我们进入正题 来看书单吧
with that being said,let’s get into my list here,
第一本是本电子书
starting with one of thebooks that I own digitally,
尼克·温特的《The Motivation Hacker》
which is The Motivation Hacker by an author named Nick Winter.
这本书可能是我书单上
So this is probably the book on my list
最没有名气的一本书了 但是
that is the least well known, but it
对我的生活有着极大的影响
had a huge impact on my life.
我记得这本书的主要观念是
One of the main concepts thatI remember from that book
螺旋式成功
was the idea of success spirals.
这是一个概括习惯养成的
This is a term that encapsulates one
基本真理的术语
of the fundamental truths in habit building,
也就是说在你做大事之前要先从小事做起
which is that you have to start small before you can do something big.
很多人不理解这一点
And a lot of people don’t understand this.
他们的新年计划
They make New Year’s resolutions
类似从现在开始我要每天锻炼 并一直坚持下去
like I’m gon na work out every single day from now until infinity.
尼克·温特在这本书中指出
And what Nick Winter saysto do in the book instead
取而代之的是设置一个可以追踪的目标
is to start with a goal that you can track,
并不一定要尽善尽美
that doesn’t demand absolute perfection,
而是按照自己的水平来
and that is at your level. But,
但老实说 书中
to be honest, the part of that book
真正改变我的部分是谈论
that really changed my life was the part that talks about
前期承诺这一概念以及他自身遵循这一原则
a concept called pre-commitment and the examples from his own life
达成重大目标的例子
on how he used it to achievesome pretty big goals. Essentially,
本质上讲 前期承诺的概念意味着如果你在做某事的过程中失败了
the idea of pre-commitment means that you set up consequences that are gonna happen
在开始做事前就先设置一个后果
if you fail to do something that you set out to do.
我最喜欢的YouTube主播之一
And one of my favoriteYouTubers, Boyinaband,
Boyinaband称之为“威胁赌注”
calls this a threat bet,
我认为这是这个概念的名字起得很好
which I think is a fantastic name of the concept.
在书中 作者谈论了他的两个
In the book, the author talks about two different goals
实现起来困难重重的目标
that he was having a lot of trouble achieving.
一个就是跳伞 因为他很害怕这项挑战
One was skydiving, becausehe was very afraid to do it,
另一个非常讽刺 就是完成
and the other one, ironically,was finishing the book,
《The Motivation Hacker》这本书
The Motivation Hacker, itself.
所以为了达成这两个目标
So what he did to achieve both of those goals was
他设定了威胁赌注
that he set up those threat bets.
他使用了一个叫Beeminder的工具
He used a tool called Beeminder,
这个是个用钱下赌注的习惯追踪系统
which is a habit tracker that actually has you bet money,
假如你不能坚持自己的习惯的话
which we’d pay to the company
你需要向这个公司付钱
if you fail to be consistent on your habits.
为了实现他的Beeminder目标 他费了老大劲了
And he went hard corewith his Beeminder goals.
每个目标他分别用了一半的财产做赌注
He took half of his wealth for each goal.
我想他当时在名下应该是有1万4千美金
I think he had $14,000to his name at the time,
所以他用7000美元打赌每天都会
so he bet $7,000 that hewould write a certain amount
为这本书写一定字数
every single day for the book,
并且用7000美元打赌去跳伞
and he also bet $ 7,000 that he would go skydiving.
你不会知道
And wouldn’t you know it,
他既去跳了伞也完成了这本书
he both went skydiving and finished the book
也没损失1万4千美元
and did not lose $14,000.
这件事改变了我的人生
And that is the thing thatreally changed my life.
我读到Beeminder的时候告诉我自己
I read about Beeminder and I told myself that is
我要使用它督促自己专业地完成工作
what I am going to use to take my work professionally.
因为那时我把我的生意
Because up until then, I hadsort of viewed my business
我的部落格 学信极客
and my blog, College Info Geek,
看作是副产业
as sort of like a side project.
我不是特别自律
I wasn’t being very disciplined about it and,
结果就是 我的事业一年半都处于
as a result, my business had kind of plateaued
稳定阶段
for about a year and a half.
在我读完这本书之后 我在Beeminder上注册了
So after I read that book, I went and I signed up for Beeminder
并且告诉我自己
and I told myself I was
要每周更新博客
going to put out one blog post
以及播客视频 不然
and one podcast episode every single week, otherwise,
会在Beeminder上输钱
I was going tolose money on Beeminder. And,
最后 我的事业蒸蒸日上
as a result, my businessactually started to grow.
你们知道吗?
Wouldn’t you know it?
在日常小事上持续努力真的会
Putting consistent effort on a day-to-day basis actually causes things
改变事情的结果 输钱的威胁
to happen, and the threat of losing money was
也是我生命中这一改变的催化剂
the catalyst for that change in my life.
好了 单上的第二本
All right, book number two on my list,
是一本非常非常非常有名的书
which is a much, much more famous book,
史蒂芬·科维的《高效能人士的七个习惯》
is The 7 Habits of HighlyEffective People by Stephen Covey.
现在可能是个人发展类书目中
Now this is probably the most well-known
最著名的一本
personal development book in the history of personaldevelopment books,
你们中很多人可能已经读过了 但是
and a lot of you have probably read it, but
我真的很想分享下这本书中
I do want to share a couple lessons that really did
给我的生活造成很大影响的一些经验
make a pretty big impact on my life.
首先 是这本书建议
First and foremost was the book’s advice
先“学会理解别人才能够被别人理解”
to seek first to understand and then to be understood.
我们中很多人都有这个问题
A lot of us have this problem where, when we
当我们在倾听别人讲话的时候 只是
are listening to somebody, we’re really just kind of
制定我们的回应 等着说出口
formulating our response and waiting to give it rather than really
而不是真的想要去理解别人说的话
trying to understand what the other person is saying.
显然 问题所在之处就是
And the obvious problem here is that,
谈话中的双方都是这么做的
when both people in a conversation are doing this,
互相都并不是很理解对方
neither one is reallyunderstanding the other.
只是为了看起来酷或者传递自己的想法
They’re just kind of trying to look cool or to express their ideas.
当你真的将这个概念内化于心的时候
So when you reallyinternalize this concept,
你就开始接近
you start to tap
他人的感受和想法 至此真正的交流才开始
into what other people are feeling and thinking and then real communication happens.
对我而言 书中另外一个重要的经验
And the other big lesson in that book,
是来自一个报告 是关于科维与
for me, came from an account of Covey’s conversation
某个有社交问题的人的谈话内容
with somebody who washaving relationship trouble.
他不知道
He didn’t know
自己是否要和妻子离婚
if he wanted to divorce his wife or not
因为他觉得二人之间已经没有爱情的火花了
because he felt like the spark had gone out of the relationship,
我记得科维告诉他一个很简单的道理
and I remember Covey telling him something very simple,
爱她
to love her.
爱是一个动词 一种行动 并非一种情感
Love as a verb, as anaction, not as a feeling. Now,
在我大概18岁的时候
I listened to this book when I was probably
看的这本书 这对我而言是一个
18 years old, so this was kind of a big
重大的启示 因为直到那时
revelation to me because, up until then, society and
社会 我认识的每个人 还有媒体
just basically everyone I knew and the media
都让我相信爱就像是
had sort of convinced me thatlove was like this feeling
一种无意识的感觉
that you would have automatically,
就好像在你正要寻找它时 它永远就在那里一样
like you just kinda had to find it and then it would be there forever.
但事实是相反的
But the opposite is true.
爱是一个动词
Love is a verb.
是你需要为之努力的
It’s something that youhave to put work into
经常会比较困难
and it is often difficult.
坦白来讲
And I honestly think
将这个概念内化于心
that that concept and my internalization of that concept
构成我现在还和我女朋友在一起的原因
is one of the reasons whyI’m still with my girlfriend,
我俩在一起超过五年了
why I’ve been with herfor over five years,
因为我意识到当事情变得棘手
because I’ve realized that,when the going gets tough,
你必须要用行动爱那个人
you have to, as a verb,love the other person.
这很困难 但是你不得不这么做
It’s hard, but you have to do it.
确实有些时候会有
And yes, sometimes thatfeeling is going to be there
这种(爱的)感觉 并且好像就是你的本性
and it is gon na feel like something that’s just in
它会永远追随你一样
you and it’s gon na be with you forever, but
但你不能一直依赖这种感觉 这是事实
you can’t rely on that always being the case.
好了 要介绍的第三本书
All right, book number three
是蒂姆·福瑞斯的《每周工作四小时》
on my list is The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss.
这本书可能是改变我
Now this is the book that probably changed
职业生涯最大的书
my professional life more than any other. See,
这是第一本
this was the very first book
真正向我展示可以建立
that really and truly showed me that you could build systems
用来盈利的生意系统
which enable your businessto profit and make money
即使你本身没有放太大精力在上面
even while you’re notphysically putting effort in.
在我读这本书之前
Before I read this book,
我是个大一学生 在一个自由职业的网站上 有一份设计的兼职
I was a freshman in college that had a freelance web design business on the side.
所以我挣来的每一美元都是
So every dollar that I made was a direct product
我努力数小时换来的
of me putting in the hours,
这也是我最初对企业家精神的看法
and that’s kinda how Iviewed entrepreneurship.
但是有次我读了这本书
But once I read that book,
我开始意识到我可以构建
I started to realize that I could build systems
即使睡觉时也能挣钱的系统
that would allow me to essentiallymake money while I slept. Now,
显而易见
obviously,
构建这个系统并且挣到钱
building those systems and actually making money is neither as straightforward
并不像这本书中写得那么简单
nor as easy as it might seem in the book,
我确信蒂姆在书中也提到了这一点
and I’m sure that Tim mentionsthat in the book itself,
但是这本书 比其他的信息
but that book, more than anyother source of information,
更能激发我将“学信极客”看作是
it drove me to start treating College Info Geek more
一桩生意而不仅仅是一个博客
as a business and less as a blog.
这一点完全改变了我人生的轨迹
And that completely changedthe trajectory of my life.
在“学信极客”盈利前
Before College Info Geek became profitable,
我的计划是大学毕业后 搬去明尼阿波里斯市
my plan was to graduate college, move to Minneapolis,
然后成为一家大公司的网页开发人员
and become a web developerfor a big company.
现在我在做的事情
And now, I’m doingsomething that is, well,
与网页开发的工作有一点不一样
a little bit different than that.
好了 回到纸质书上来
All right, moving on to thebooks that I own physically,
第四本书是尼尔·帕斯瑞洽的《幸福方程式》
starting with number four, The Happiness Equation by Neil Pasricha. Now,
这本书是
this book has a
重点讨论幸福的概念的
lot to say on the concept of happiness
以及如何日常幸福的维持
and on how to be happy on aday-to-day basis consistently,
这本书中我只有一个
but there is only one idea
想要和大家分享的观点
that I want to share from this book,
这就是关于退休概念的
and that is the dim view that it takes
悲观看法
on the concept of retirement.
这本书教给我了现代退休观念的起源
This book taught me that the origin of our modern concept of retirement,
65岁退休
the idea of stopping work at age 65
然后余生悠闲度日的概念
and then just relaxingfor the rest of your days
起源于1889年的德国
originated in Germany back in 1889.
在那时
At that time,
政府引进了人们65岁及以上年龄退休
the government introduced a program that would allow people who were 65 or older
政府会给予照顾的项目
to stop working and then the state would take care of them.
这就意味着可以为
And this was meant asa way to free up jobs
年青人提供岗位
for younger people. But,
但是随着时代发展 退休变成了
as time went on, itstarted to be thought of
人们的目标
as the kind of goal in life.
你必须要工作到65岁
You’d work up until 65,
然后才能退休享受悠闲的生活
and then you’d retire to a life of leisure.
但问题是这个概念
But the problem is this concept
是与人类的身体和思想(所能承受的)不一致
is at odds with the way that the human body and mind work.
我们要不断地进步
We are built to constantly progress.
我们是为工作而生
We’re built to work.
为奋斗而生
We’re built to struggle.
人生是场战斗 我们要适应
Life is a type of combat and that is what we are adapted for.
这个在特定年纪停止工作的主意
So this whole idea of juststopping at a certain age
很糟糕 但是这是大家都在争取的事 并且没有质疑 直到我读了这本书
is kind of awful, but it’s something that weall seem to be striving for and we don’t really question it, so until I read this book,
才是我思考自己职业生涯的开端
that was basically how I thought my career was going to go.
现在 我赞同永不退休 当然
But now, I’m committed to never retire. Sure,
在我职业发展的同时我会尝试新东西
I may try new things as I go on in my career.
也许我会放慢步调
I might maybe slow down a little bit
尝试一些可能挣不到钱的事
or try some things that don’t necessarily make money,
但是我不会停止学习的
but I’m never going to stop learning,
我不会停止进步的
I’m never going to stop progressing, and
我也不会停止工作
I’m never going to stop working.
这非常解脱
And that is actually very liberating.
好了 书单上的第五本书
All right, book number five
是安迪·亨特的《程序员的思维修炼》
on my list is Pragmatic Thinking & Learning by Andy Hunt.
我想这是我读过的书中第一本真正的
And I think this is actually the first real productivity book
生产力方面的书籍
that I ever read.
对我而言 这本书中最有用的趣闻
One of the most useful tidbits in the book
是24×7的捕捉洞察力的建议
for me was the advice to capture insight 24/7,
这个是我对哲学的直接灵感
which was the directinspiration for my philosophy
我喜欢称之为快速捕捉 本质上讲
that I like to call Quick Capture. Essentially,
这意味着总是有办法
this means always having a way to
获得信息或者想法形成一个
get information or ideas into a system that you
你信任并且以后可以使用的体系
trust and that you can access later on.
例如 在我洗澡的时候
For instance, when I’m taking a shower and I have
有了一个非常想要记下来的主意
an idea that I really want to remember, I actually have
并且有一个防水的笔记本吸在浴室的墙上
a waterproof notebook suction-cupped to the walls of my shower
我就可以记下这个想法的细节
so I can write down thedetails of that idea
然后等我擦干之后
and then, once I’m dried off,
我可以拍张(笔记的)照片
I can take a picture of it and then
然后把它归到我的笔记系统中
I can get it into my note-taking system.
除此之外 我在看
And beyond that concept, I’m actually looking at
这本书的封底
the back flap of the book right now, there
显示有书中48个不同的概念
are about 48 different concepts in this books,
如果你在寻找有生产力的书
so if you are looking for a good productivity book,
那我推荐读一读这本
I do recommend giving this one a read.
轮到最后一本了
And that brings us to the final and, easily,
书单上最厚的一本
the most dense book on this list,
丹尼尔·卡内曼的《思考快与慢》
Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman.
这本书 比其他我读过的书
This book, more than anyother that I’ve read,
能给我更多关于启发法和偏见的详细知识
gave me a detailed knowledgeof heuristics and biases,
我们的大脑在做决定时的
the mental shortcuts thatour brains naturally take
心理捷径有时会导致错误思维
to make decisions, but that can also lead to faulty thinking.
现在有很多要学习的了
Now there are a lot of these to learn about,
给你们举个例子
but to give you one example,
我们经常会将可信和
we often tend to confuse what is probable
貌似可信弄混
with what is plausible.
例如卡内曼做过的一个实验
For instance, in one experiment that Kahneman did,
人们被告知一个虚构的人物-琳达
people were told about a fictitious person called Linda,
她的专业是哲学 并且非常关注
who majored in philosophyand who’s also very concerned
社会正义和歧视
with issues of socialjustice and discrimination.
然后人们被问及琳达更可能是哪种人
And then they were askedwhat was more probable,
银行出纳员
that Linda was a bank teller or
还是积极参与女权运动
that Linda was a bank teller
的银行出纳员?
and heavily involved inthe feminist movement. Now,
现在如果你客观地来看待这件事的话
if you think about this objectively,
第二个回答实际上包含
the second answer actually contains
第一个回答
the first answer within it.
两个回答都是讲琳达是银行出纳员
Linda is a bank teller in either case,
但是第二种情况
but in the second case, she
涉及到她参与女权运动 因此
is also involved in the feminist movement. Therefore,
第一个情况更有可能是对的
the firstcase is more probable.
但实际上更多的人认为第二种是正确的
But more people actually thought that the second case was more probable.
并不是 它看起来更可信是因为更符合叙事性
It’s not, but it seems more plausible because it fits the narrative.
当我读到这本书里的这点以及
And once I learned about this along with many of the other
很多其他的启发法和偏见 我开始
heuristics and biases reported on in the book, I started to
注意到在我自己想问题做决定的时候会浮现
notice them cropping up in my own thinking and decision-making, and,
所以
as a result,
我可以在做错误决定之前察觉到它们
I was able to catch them before they made me make bad decisions.
因为我可以预估到这些错误的决定
And because I’m able tocatch those bad decisions,
我可以阻止它的发生
I can stop them before they happen.
我可以回顾重新思考
I can step back and I can rethink them. Now,
这本书中有趣的次生效应是
an interestingsecondary effect of this book
它让我感兴趣的话题范围更加广泛了
was that it also got me interested in a much broader range of topics.
在看这本书之前 我局限于生产力和
Before I read this book, I kindastuck to productivity books
商业书籍 在看过这本书之后我的兴趣更加广泛了
and business books, but afterwards, my interests really broadened out
现在我想要学数学和科学
and I wanted to start learningabout math and science.
我读了比尔·布莱森的《万物简史》
I read books like Bill Bryson’s A Short History of
萨姆·肯恩的《消失的勺子》
Nearly Everything, or Sam Kean’s The Disappearing Spoon,
这本书是关于元素周期表和化学的
which is all about the periodic table and chemistry.
读这些书致使
And as a result from from reading those books,
我的知识的港湾开始增长
my general bank of knowledge really started to grow
并且变广 变宽
and spread out and widen,
我可以将各个领域
and I was able to make more connections
融会贯通 这使得我更加具有创造力
from different areas, whichallowed me to be more creative. Now,
需要强调的一点是 如果你决定
one thing to note is that, if you decide
离开 去读一些我刚才推荐的书
to go out and read those last couple of books I just mentioned,
这些书真的会教给你关于数学和科学的
they definitely will teach you lots of information
很多知识
about math and about science,
但是不会教给你如何使用这些知识
but they won’t teach you how to use and apply it.
幸运的是Brilliant(网页)就是解决这个问题的
But luckily, that’s what Brilliant is for.
Brilliant是一个学习的平台
Brilliant is a learning platform that
可以帮助你成为一个数学、
can help you become a much better practitioner
科学、计算机科学方面更好的从业者
in the fields of math,science, and computer science.
他们运用一个非常有效的学习方法
They take an incrediblyactive approach to learning,
也就是在解答问题
wherein you immediately, inthe challenging problems,
课程开始的时候
right at the start
它会给你一些应用这些知识的题目
of their courses that actually give you something to apply the information.
学练并进
You’re learning too,
这样能够记得更牢 并且加快学习进度
which is gon na help it stick much better and which accelerates the learning process. Now,
在我看来
in my opinion,
一个好的课程会先开始学习概率
a great course to start with would be their course on probabilities.
本视频前面提到过
As we talked about a little bit before in this video,
如果能够运用概率来思考
if you could learn to think in probabilities
并且能够精准地估算 就可以做更好的决定
and think about them accurately, you can make much better decisions. And,
有意思的是
as an interesting tidbit,
课程中一个起始问题就是
one of the very first problems in that course
卡内曼书中的关于琳达的问题
actually features the Lindacharacter from Kahneman’s work. And,
除了那个课程
in addition to that course,
你也可以找到从代数学到微积分的数学课程
you’ll also find math courses on topics ranging from algebra to calculus,
天文学以及量子理论的科学课程
science courses onastronomy, quantum theory, and,
接下来
coming in the near future,
更让我激动的是有一门关于汽车工程学的课程
which I’m pretty excited about, an automotive engineering course. And,
如果你们中有对计算机科学感兴趣的
for those of you who are interested in computer science,
可以寻找关于算法
you’ll find courses on algorithms, on machine learning
数学 神经网等各类课程
and neural networks, and a lot more.
快登录brilliant.org/thomasfrank来免费学习吧
So to start learning for free, head on over to brilliant.org/thomasfrank,
你可以在下面的描述区找到链接
which you’ll find linked inthe description down below.
如果你是前83名注册的话
And if you’re among the first 83 people to sign
你还可以享受
up with that link, you’re also gon na get
年会员费八折的优惠
20 % off of their annual premium subscription.
感谢Brilliant网站
Big thanks to Brilliant
赞助这则视频并且成为这个频道的主要赞助商
for sponsoring this video and being a big supporter of this channel.
一如既往地感谢大家观看
And as always, thank youguys so much for watching. And,
在离开之前
before you go, if you
如果你还没有在Instagram上关注我
haven’t followed me on Instagram yet,
你可以关注@tomfrankly
you should definitely follow me @ tomfrankly.
下面的描述区有链接
I’ll have a link in thedescription down below.
基本上每天我都会发布新东西
I’m posting new stuffbasically every single day,
如果你想要在这个频道
so if you want more
得到更多
of what you find on this channel,
但是精简分类的话
but in like a shorter form factor,
一定要去点击链接
definitely go over there to get it. Otherwise,
另外你可以点击这里
you can find one more video on
来观看该频道的另一个视频
this channel by clicking right over here, and
咱们下个视频见啦
I will see you in the next video.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

对播主来讲影响最大的六本书,包括生意运营、感情经营等等,非常实用

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

审核员

审核员A

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C_uRDPQvSE

相关推荐