ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

艺术从业者应避免的6个不良习惯 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

艺术从业者应避免的6个不良习惯

6 Bad Artist Habits to Avoid

邱为豪是艾美奖获得者
擅长生物和人物设计
曾与迪士尼 拳头 梦工厂 蓝天工作室
索尼图像 索尼动画 暴雪合作过
他还在www.schoolism.com网站执教
大家好 欢迎来到邱的梦想
Hey, everybody. Welcome to Chiu’s dream,
咱们一起来聊聊艺术以及艺术家的生活吧
talking about art and life as an artist.
本视频的主讲人是艺术家 教育家邱为豪
Here’s your host, artist and educator, Bobby Chiu.
当我们步入艺术生涯时
As we travel through this road called our art careers,
要小心不要走弯路 一定要避开一些坏习惯
one has to be careful of taking the wrong turns, and making sure to avoid bad habits.
十几年来 我发现这些坏习惯普遍存在
For more than a decade, I found many of these bad habits to be quite common.
所以在本视频里
So in this video,
我想与大家分享六个应该避开的坏习惯
I want to share with you six habits for us to avoid,
好让我们的艺术生涯完美地长期发展下去
so that we can have wonderful long-lasting careers.
1. 信息的来源单一
1. Getting information from only one source.
你不会想这么做的
You don’t want to do that.
因为假如你只向一个人或一本书
Because if you are just learning from one person, or
这些单一的东西学习
just one book, one whatever course,
你的视野就会很狭窄
then you become a watered down version of that person.
不妨这样想一下:
And think of it this way:
我们了解的信息越多 选择就越多
The more info that we get, the more options we get,
就能获得更多的知识
the more knowledge we get,
就能有更多提升自我的机会
and the much higher chance of evolving to a level
要做到这一点 除了全面寻找信息别无他法
that perhaps would be unreachable any other way.
某天 我谈到这种方法对我艺术生涯的影响
The other day, I was talking about the influences in my career.
很多人单看我的作品
Many of them you wouldn’t really guess,
真的猜不到影响了我的都有哪些艺术家
if you just kind of looked at my art,
接着我问 你觉得这些艺术家影响了我什么
and I asked you what do you think this artist influences were.
早期对我影响最大的人之一是
One of my big influences from very early on with
塞尔吉奥·阿拉贡内斯
Sergio Aragones,
他和我的风格很不一样
very different from what I do.
或者说 我从他那里学到的东西是:
Or is it the thing that I took away from him is that
他的艺术魅力是没有界限的
Sergio Aragones is work is so universal.
你不需要懂英语 就能明白他想表达什么
You don’t need to know English to really understand what he’s trying to say to you.
不管你只会说汉语 或阿拉伯语
You could speak only Chinese, only Arabic,
还是其它语言
only whatever.
他的幽默是共通的
His humor is universal.
我就是喜欢他的作品的这一点
And that was something that I loved about his work.
我也尽量试着让我的作品达到那样
And I tried to put that into my work as much as possible.
还有史蒂芬·西尔弗 彼得·德·塞弗
Then there’s other influences like Stephen Silver, Peter de Seve,
克里斯·桑德斯在人物设计上对我的影响
Chris Sanders for character design.
如果你观察我画的人物和生物的整体外形
If you look at the shapes, the general shapes of my characters, my creatures,
你就能看出他对我的影响
you’ll start to see that influence as well.
如果你问 在我艺术生涯最开始的时候
If you ask me early early on in my career,
是谁影响了我 我会告诉你就是这些人
who were my influences of those would be the ones that I would tell you.
有那么一天 又聊到了关于受谁影响的话题
So the other day the topic of influences came up.
我立即说出的就是这些人的名字
And those were the ones that I said right off the bat. Those were
多年来我一直不断提到他们
the ones I’ve been saying for years and years.
但经过几次自省 再次观看我的作品时
But after some self-reflection and looking at my art again,
我发现了自己的习焉不察
I realize I missed so many more.
因为我一直在收集这些影响
Because I just kept picking up these influences.
可以这样说 我将他们的艺术精髓
I kept sprinkling the things that I loved about their art into my
散置于我的风格大锅里
cauldron of style. So to speak.
就像一大锅美味的汤
And just like a big wonderful soup,
你只加入自己喜欢的材料
you’re only going to put in ingredients that you like to eat,
这样这个汤就会在某种程度上反映你和你的个性
which makes that soup reflect you and your personality in a way.
当你看到世界上最优秀的艺术家们的作品
And many of the best artists in the world,
并亲眼见到他们本人时
when you look at their art, and you meet them in person,
你就能看到这种联系
you can see the connection,
明白他们为什么这样画
you can see why they draw the way that they do.
因为他们的风格确实能反映出他们是怎样的人
Because their style actually reflects them as a person.
我发现艺术家与其作品风格之间的
And that level of connection from
那种层次的联系
the artist to her or his style,
非常相似
I find to be the similarity between most,
如果不是全部 起码在最优秀的艺术家身上是这样的
if not all, the best artists in the world.
所以如果你找到了你很喜欢的一种风格或一位艺术家
So even if you found a style or an artist that you really love,
我要告诉你:别就此止步 继续前行
I’m telling you: Don’t stop there, keep going.
这对我来说挺难说出口的 因为我是个老师
And this is really hard for me to say, because I’m a teacher.
作为一个老师
So as a teacher,
很自然地 你会想要有某种信誉
naturally you would want to take kind of like credit,
或者有塑造你的学生的权利
or ownership for molding your students,
让他们变得更好 使其成为非常棒的艺术家
and making them awesome,and developing them into wonderful amazing artists.
我所能做的就是告诉他们:
But the best way I can do that is to tell them:
我就是这么做的 这就是我的艺术生涯感想
This is how I do things. These are my thoughts behind my process.
但请不要止步于此
But please do not stop there.
学习其他人的做法 我们才能成为真正伟大的艺术家
Learn how other people do things, that’s how we’re going to become really great artists.
2. 要保持在社交媒体上发帖子的习惯
The number two habit to avoid is when people stop posting on social media.
我已经通过不同方式说过好几次社交媒体这件事了
A lot of times, social media I’ve said this a few times in many different ways
因为社交媒体真的很重要
but it’s such an important one.
在艺术生涯的初始阶段
When you are in the beginning of your career,
很多时候我们就是通过在社交媒体上发作品来起步的
a lot of times that’s exactly how we start our careers by posting on social media,
把作品发上去 让别人知道我们的名字
by getting our stuff out there for people to know our names,
了解我们的作品 并期待他们会给我们活干
to know our work, and hopefully give us more work.
希望如果事情进展顺利的话
And then hopefully, if things are done right,
人们会注意到你的作品 关注你
people will pick up on it, you will get noticed.
然后艺术生涯就开始了 人们会给你活干
And your career will start, people will start giving you work.
但是当你画更多美妙的作品时
But as you start to work more and more on amazing projects,
很多时候这些作品不会被展示很久
many times these projects they can’t even be shown for a very long time,
有时甚至都不会为世人所见
sometimes never at all.
因为更多的时候 我们把工作放在首位
And many times, we’ll put the idea of doing work as being more important
然后才为自己作画
than doing art just for yourself,
才画一些个人作品 进行个人探索
personal work, personal exploration.
当艺术变成工作 就没有个人作品了
Art becomes just a job. There is no more personal work.
你的作品也不怎么在社交媒体上出现了
And your stuff isn’t really shown on social media anymore.
如果你上网够久 就会看到有很多这样的艺术家
We’ve all seen artists like this, if you’ve been on the internet long enough.
这些艺术家一夜出名 每个人都喜欢他们
You’ll see artists really flare up, and everybody loves them, and they’re
他们无处不在 人们也看不厌
everywhere, and people just can’t get enough.
然后他们就慢慢消失了
Then they slowly just disappear.
或许你只能为此惋惜
Sometimes this is fine.
有时你入行后 你的名字会频繁出现
Sometimes, you get into the industry, your name gets around,
你做了一个又一个项目
and you go from project to project.
你有了一大堆工作 这是你的黄金时代
And you have tons of work. And it’s a wonderful time.
我想到了像Crash McCreery这样的人
People like Crash McCreery comes to mind, for this example.
他参与了《侏罗纪公园》的电影设计
You know he worked on things like Jurassic Park.
他还参与了《加勒比海盗》
He’s worked on things like Pirates of Caribbean, designing the
负责戴维·琼斯的了不起的形象设计
incredible iconic character of Davy Jones,
还有许多其它电影项目也有他的参与
as well as so many other movie projects.
你去网上搜一下Crash McCreey这个名字
If you just look up his name Crash McCreery,
就知道他的名气有多大了
you’ll know what I’m talking about.
但如果你搜索他的网站 社交媒体
But if you look for his website, you look for his social media,
相关内容可能就少得多了
I don’t think he really has any.
但是他依然能在数十年间炙手可热
Yet he’s been able to work for decades,
且参与那些大家梦寐以求的一等一的项目
doing amazing top-of-the-line projects that anybody would be lucky to be a part of.
但我要告诉你 Crash McCreey这种成功模式会越来越少见
But I can tell you that that will become more and more of a rarity,
特别是对于那些没有居住在
especially for the people that don’t actually live in the hub of
行业发展中心的人来说
wherever the industry is happening.
但即使你居住在
But even if you do live in one of these
你从事的艺术行业的繁荣发展的城市
booming cities for your particular art industry,
我得告诉你 继续在社交媒体上发帖还是非常重要的
I’m telling you it’s still super important to keep
你要一直把你的作品发到网络上
posting on social media, to keep putting your stuff out there.
我见过太多人想依靠他们所在的工作室
I’ve seen too many people kind of depend on the studio that they’re working for
来为自己获取名气
as their claim to fame.
我认识一个艺术家 他被世界上…
I knew of one such artist that got laid off by probably the… the most
数一数二的动画工作室解聘了
sought-after animation studio in the world,
现在他还在待业寻找工作中
And now he was unemployed and looking for a job.
一开始还是不错的 因为他可以说:
The first little while is great, because he could say,
我吗?我本人之前在某家工作室工作过
” Who am I? Well, I used to work for such-and-such studio.”
然后别人会说:噢 哇 那太棒了
And then people would go, “Oh, wow, that’s amazing.” ,
噢你做过这个 做过那个
“Oh, you worked on this you worked on that.”
然后随着时间流逝
And then time goes on.
就变成了:
And then it becomes,
呃 我一两年前在某家工作室工作
“Oh, well, I used to work for such-and-such studio a year ago, two years ago.”
这个说法一直用到你觉得:
How long can you keep using that before you feel like,
天啊 我这资历是不是过时了
“Oh, man. I’m… I need something new.”
我们用目前所在的工作室或者从事的项目
If we use the studio or the project that we’re working for,
来为自己增加名气是毋庸置疑的
or working on as our claim to fame,
不过当你从那个项目抽身 或者离开你所在的工作室时
that’s only good until you stop working on the project,
你就不能再拿这个资历说事儿了
or you stop working for that studio for a while.
因为随着时间流逝 这段资历变得无关紧要 它将成为过去的一部分
Because it gets old, it gets irrelevant, it becomes part of the past.
同样地 当你在一个工作室工作时
Also, when you’re depending on a studio,
该工作室就是你向别人介绍自己的身份
and that is your only ticket for people to know
和职业的唯一名片
who you are and what you do.
这种联系在你供职于该工作室期间将一直伴随着你
That’s only going to be as good as how long you’re at the studio.
而任何人都无法拿走的是我们的名字
One thing that nobody can take away from us is our name.
这就是名字最重要的原因
And that’s why your name is the most important thing.
所以我们要一直保持着
And that’s why we should always keep the habit of
在社交媒体上以自己的名义发作品和其它东西的习惯
posting art to post stuff through ourselves on social media.
因为归根结底 这是个竞争社会
Because when it comes down to it, and things get challenging.
一直以来都在为自己制造名气的人
The people that have been putting their names out there all this time,
他们通常会得到最快的反馈
those are the ones that will bounce back the quickest generally.
3. 不要养成全天候谈工作的习惯
The third habit to avoid is being all about business 24/7.
一直以来我都为自己的效率感到自豪
You know, I’ve always prided myself for my efficiency.
我也在试图变得更有效率
I’m always trying to be more and more efficient.
我总是想要更快 更好 更迅速地完成工作
I’m always trying to do things in a quicker, better, faster way.
比如说
For example,
如今 我要与很多著名的艺术家一起开会
nowadays I have a lot of meetings with very high profile artists, and trying to
帮他们组建学校和班级
help them create their schools and class.
而这些人非常忙:
Now, these are people that are extremely busy:
他们事务繁忙 行程表都排满了
people that have a lot on their plate, a lot on their schedule.
所以我试图让事情变得更简便
So I try to make it as easy as possible, try to make these meetings
让会议尽可能短一些
as short as possible.
所以我就会在会议上只讨论生意
So then I would just make it all about business.
也就是我们谈任务1 任务2 任务3
You know let’s talk about task 1, task 2, test 3.
以及进行得怎么样? 需要协助吗?
How did they go? Do you need any help?
还有接下来要做什么?
What’s next to work on?
这种方式很容易出成效
And even though this can be very effective to produce work,
我觉得从长期来看
I think, in the long run,
处理好个人人际关系也很重要
it’s still really important to work on your personal connection as well.
我发现有些人
I found that with some people, you know,
他们想跟我谈一些私人的话题
they want to talk about personal stuff with me,
你懂得 就是日常生活之类的
and you know, just everyday stuff.
我会和他们话家常
So I would do that.
然后我发现渐渐地 我们的关系更亲密了
I found that over time, I felt closer to those people.
我和生意合作伙伴就会砰砰砰地
Then I did with the others where
非常有效率地处理事情:
I would just go bang, bang, bang, bang, bang.
这个你完成了吗?那个呢?
And “Did you do this?”, “Did you do that? “
这就是谈工作的模式
And it’s all about business.
但要做成大事
But to get anything big done,
很多时候人际关系会成为
many times that personal relationship becomes a super
你在项目或事业中
important part of the overall success
全面成功的重要一部分
that you’ll have in a project or career.
以前为了使目前的任务不浪费更多人力
With tasks that don’t involve other people,
我就会只谈工作:
yeah, I would totally be all about business,
让咱们把它做完吧 咱们要保证效率
“Let’s get it done.” ,”Let’s go efficiently.”
而现在当我与人交谈时
But now when I’m talking with people,
我肯定会试着更了解他们
I make sure that I try to get to know them better,
同时也给他们了解我的机会
let them have an opportunity to get to know me better.
这样你不仅加强了和别人的联系
This way not only are you building stronger bonds between people,
你也能更加了解他们 对你今后的工作会有帮助
but you’re also getting to know them better, which will help you with the work as well.
也许你很想严厉地批评某些人 非常严厉地
Some people you want to give them very harsh criticism perhaps, very strict criticism.
也有一些人 你非常想称赞他们 鼓励他们
Some people you want to really compliment them, and
并试图拉他们一把
encourage them, and try to pick them up.
还有一些人 当你给他们提供非常多的帮助
Some people when you pick them up too much,
他们就会认为自己已经成功了
they think that they already arrived,
他们…就没有动力继续走得更远
and they… they don’t have the motivation to push even further.
所以通过在个人层面上了解他人
So by getting to know people on a personal level,
你就会知道在他们的道路上
you’ll be able to know what will move them
什么会督促他们 什么会遏止他们
better, what to avoid,
在你们之间 你要做的事情无论是什么
and everything in between to make whatever it is that you guys are trying to do
都要更有作用 更有效
more effective, more efficient.
4. 最要避免的习惯之一是厌倦
4. One of the big habits to avoid is getting jaded.
一般这种厌倦现象多发生在商场老手身上
Now, a lot of times this usually happens to more like veterans in the business.
他们在商界辗转数十年 厌倦了这个行业
They’ve been in the business for like ten years, and they kind of hate it.
但我也注意到许多学生也会
But I’ve also seen this with many just students even
很快产生厌倦心理
getting jaded super-quick.
我心中的一个艺术偶像是布伦达·查普曼
One priceless piece of advice came from one of my absolute artistic heroes
我很荣幸地把她称为我的朋友
that I feel very privileged to call my friend, Brenda Chapman,
她是首个获得奥斯卡奖的动画电影女导演
first ever female director
她提出了一条无价建议
for animated film to win the Oscar.
她说:当你对你的项目不再满怀热情时
And she said, “when you’re not feeling good about your project and things like that,
你要做的就是
what you want to do is
关注该项目中你真正热爱的部分
focus in on the slices of that project that you really love,
然后尽量试着扩大这份热爱
and really try to expand that.
关注那些事情 那些你喜爱的事情
Focus on those things, focus on the things that you love,
你就会满心愉快地 能力值更满地
and you’ll have a much better time and
享受目前从事的项目
ability to enjoy the project you’re on.”
我摆脱厌倦的另一个方式就是喂养我的艺术灵魂
Something else I do to keep myself from being jaded is feeding my artistic soul.
每过几年
Every few years,
凯和我就会抽时间
Kei and I, we will take some time off
在朋友的位于法国巴黎的Arludik画廊办一个画展
to do a gallery show at our friend’s gallery, Arludik in Paris France.
这对我们来说 是驱散厌倦心理的机会
It’s a chance for us to get away from it all,
我们会回归完全不受约束的艺术
to go back to making completely independent art,
回归传统油画 手绘
to go back to traditional painting and drawing,
我们会画一些与日常工作迥异的
and just do something completely different and fun
与众不同的 有趣的作品
from our everyday work that we usually do.
但是 不是每个人都有一个这样的朋友:
But, of course not everybody
他在法国巴黎拥有美丽的画廊
has friends that have a beautiful gallery in Paris France
还能给你的有趣画展提供场地
that they can do a gallery show for, that would be fun.
但我们每天都有机会完成自己的艺术作品
But every day we have an opportunity to make our own art.
有InkTober Sketch Dailies或者Mermay这样的网站
And then there’s things like InkTober, Sketch Dailies, or Mermay,
大家可以用在Mermays上发表作品
where everybody draws Mermays for the month of May.
但有时候这个消除厌倦的建议也并不管用
Now sometimes this advice doesn’t always work.
今年早些时候 我经历了艺术衰退期
I was going through a slump with my own art earlier this year.
因为我画出的东西 就算是为了自己而画的我也不喜欢
And it’s because everything that I wanted to paint, even for myself, I didn’t like it.
最重要的是 我对我的任何想法都不满意
And most of all, I didn’t like any of the ideas that I was coming up with.
我觉得这些想法不够有趣
I didn’t feel like they were exciting enough for me to really
简直对不起我付出的感情 精神 和努力
put my heart and soul and my effort behind it.
我对我的艺术产生了厌倦
I just didn’t want to do them.
我找出的解决方案就是开始学习新东西
The solution that I found for this problem was I started to learn something.
我报了班 我没有尝试自学 我想学有所师
I took a lesson. I’m not just trying to learn by myself. I’m taking instructions.
我想了解别人的做事原则
I’m looking for somebody’s instructions of how they did something, how did
思考方式
they think about things.
我试着学习这些东西
And I try to learn that.
当然了 许多作业也随之而来
Hopefully, it comes with assignments, too.
因为课上会给一些
Because then it gives you kind of parameters of
如何绘画和上色的参考
what you can draw, what you can paint.
然后就很容易想出一些支撑作品的好点子
And then it becomes much easier to come up with good ideas that you can get behind.
或许他们会给你提供想法
Or perhaps they supply the idea for you,
然后你试着学习其中的技巧
and you’re just trying to learn
并将之正确运用到作品中
the techniques and apply them correctly.
这样非常棒
That’s wonderful.
因为突然之间 许多问题会纷至沓来:
Because all of a sudden, so many other questions go out of the door:
我应该画什么?
What should I paint?
这个想法怎么样?
How’s this idea?
我喜欢这个想法吗?之类的问题
Do I like this idea? Things like that.
你可以用学到的东西来处理这些问题
It all goes out the door, and you can just do what you’ve been instructed.
很多时候你的所学将给你提供能量
A lot of times that becomes very energizing.
学习能够充盈艺术灵魂
It’s great for their artistic soul,
帮你驱散对艺术的厌倦心理
and will keep you away from being jaded.
5. 需要避免的习惯是
Number five habit to avoid:
在你的作品中不要让他们关注该作品
Don’t tag artists on your work,
而加某艺术家的标签
so that they’ll look at it.
这是一个很糟糕的习惯
This is a horrible habit.
而在几年前 这种习惯是以另一个方式展现出来的
You know, years ago it came in a different way.
可能是在某论坛上 你贴了自己的艺术品
Perhaps it is on a forum, you put up some art,
大家都来看
people go and they look at your art,
他们说:好作品
and they go, “Nice job.”
然后他们会去看我的作品
And then they go check out my work,
或者他们只是口头说说要看我的作品
or they just simply say check out my work,
然后他们在那里放了一个标签
and they put a tag there.
曝光并不是个完全无害的行径
Exposure isn’t always good.
但你想要的是某种正确的曝光
You want to have the right kind of exposure.
你想传达的是正确的信息
You want to send the right message.
当今时代 我的Instagram经常被加标签
Nowadays, I get tagged on my Instagram,
或者经常出现诸如此类的事情
or whatever else on a constant.
这会让我想看你的作品
Does it make me want to look at your work,
然后说该作品有多棒吗?并不
and say how awesome it is? Actually never.
因为这种行为实在有点烦人
Because it’s kind of annoying.
那么 你如何让大家来看你的作品呢?
Well, then how do you get people to look at your work?
如果我们想让他人对我们有帮助
If we want people to be helpful to us,
我们首先得对他们有益
then we have to try to be helpful to them.
很多时候
And a lot of times,
如果你想开启这种相互作用
if you want to start the interaction,
那么在你有求于人之前
then start being helpful to people first
你得首先对他们有帮助
before you ask them to do anything.
就像我在上一条建议中所说的:
Like what I said in the previous tip:
不要全天候谈工作
Don’t make it all about business 24/7.
要平易近人
Try to be personable.
试图了解别人的好想法
Try to get on people’s good sides.
试图了解他们的一切
Try to learn what they’re all about.
你要开始了解别人
Get to know them.
在你张口求助前开展一段友谊
Create a relationship before you ask for any favor.
然后当你求助别人时
And when you ask for a favor,
要先从他们的角度考虑一下
think about it from their perspective.
如果他们非常繁忙
If they’re super busy,
是非常多产 非常牛逼的艺术家
and they are very prolific, very up there artists,
那他们很可能没有时间给你写一个长回复
and most likely they won’t have a lot of time to write big long responses for you.
这种情况下
For those kind of things,
你的问题要非常明确 非常容易回答
make your questions very specific and very easy to answer.
想让你钦佩的艺术家注意你
Another really great way for artists that you admire to
欣赏你和你的作品的另一个好办法就是
notice you, appreciate you, and appreciate what you do
你首先要成为他们的提倡者
is first be an advocate of them.
如果你佩服他们 出于这样或那样的原因喜欢他们
You know, if you admire them, you like them for some reason or another,
你就帮忙推广他们吧
help them spread the world.
很多时候 当人们友好地提及我时
Most of the time when people say nice things about me, I know that
我是会回复他们的 我会转发他们的推文
I will respond to them, I will retweet them,
或者把它转发到我的Facebook网页上之类的
or share it on my Facebook page, or whatever it might be.
当你与我互动足够多时
You do that enough times, and
我就会开始关注你的名字
I start to recognize your name.
有很多人在我的直播中很活跃
There’s many people in my live stream that
如果我遇到过他们
I feel close to, and if I ever met them.
你知道 其中很多人我是从未见过的
You know, many of these people I never have met them.
但如果我见过你 我肯定能立即认出来
But if I did meet them, I guarantee you there is going to be instant connection.
因为他们对我来说意味着很多
And they become much more to me
我们之间的联系并不仅限于他给我发的照片点个赞
than one of the likes on an image I might have posted.
6. 我把这个最好的建议放在后面
Number six, we left the best for last,
就是 学无止境
and that is don’t stop learning.
学习对很多人来说都是终极法宝
Learning is the ultimate antidote for most, if not all,
否则 你的艺术生涯将会遇到很多问题
the different problems you can have in your art career.
甚至是那些姿态有些不好的人
Even people that have a bad attitude to a certain extent,
我是说…他们的态度不够端正
if they kind of have like, I mean, not so good attitude,
但他们可以完成令人惊讶的手绘和油画
But they can draw and paint amazingly.
他们也能找到好工作
They will still get jobs.
当然了 如果你态度端正 那就再好不过了
But of course, it is much better if you don’t have a bad attitude.
如果你从不停止学习
If you never stop learning, people will
别人就会给你更多的关注
notice you a lot more.
这样当你把作品放到社交媒体上时
So when you put stuff on social media,
就会吸引那些志同道合的人
it will gain the attention on the right people.
如果你从不停止学习
If you never stop learning,
你就无需担心会遇到我说的第一个问题:
you won’t have to worry about the first point I was saying of
获取信息的来源单一
getting information from only one source,
因为你不断学习的同时
because you’re constantly learning,
你的水平在不断提高
you’re constantly leveling up.
学无止境是我们的心之所向:
It’s this never-ending cycle, that’s what we want to go towards:
我们要做一个不断学习的人
Being a person that is constantly learning.
一天 我收到了我的一个艺术偶像的问候
Just the other day, I had this really nice compliment from
他就是Thomas Fluharty
one of my artistic heroes, Thomas Fluharty,
一个不可思议的画家 插画家 手绘家
an amazing painter, amazing draftsman, amazing drawer.
他说他佩服我的是
And he was saying that one thing he
我在不断学习
admired about me was that I constantly keep learning.
我一直在上课 一直潜心阅读
I’m always taking a class. I’m always diving into a book.
而非只是一味地实践
It’s more than just practicing.
当然我也不是闭门造车
I do that as well,
我一直在做的是寻找更多信息 更多课程
but I’m always looking for more information,
不断提升自己
more lessons, constantly leveling up.
假如事业起步时 你的天分不高
And even if you start off with very little talent,
技巧也不多
very little skill in the beginning,
但如果你能充分发挥人类好学的天性
if you are a person that adopts this one trait of never stopping your learning,
不断努力 花时间提升自己的知识水平
always putting in the effort, always putting on that time to level up your knowledge,
你就会拥有成功的事业
you will have a successful career,
成为了不起的艺术家
you will become an amazing artist.
因为能坚持学习的人不多
Because so few people keep doing this.
这就是我们创建schoolism.com的初衷
This is exactly why we created schoolism.com.
而且我确实有干货要提供 要分享给大家
It’s because I had a bit to offer, and a bit to teach other people.
但更重要的是 这也是让我进步的好理由:
But even more than that, it gave me the best excuse ever to ask
我能向那些我欣赏的人学到东西
all of the people that I would love to learn from.
教学 我在schoolism上教学
To teach, to teach on schoolism, to teach the world, and in turn
和世界分享知识 反过来我也能从学习者身上学到东西
I get to learn from them.
虽然这个理由看起来有点自私
So, even though that could be looked at as slightly a kind of selfish reason,
但创建schoolism的大实话是
to create schoolism is a very honest reason of
汇集世界上最好的信息
trying to gather the best information in the world,
最好的艺术家 这样我就能向他们学习
the best artists in the world, so that I can learn from them.
我不是将教学作为谋生的手段
It wasn’t about building a living off of teaching,
换句话说 我不是为了钱
so in other words, it wasn’t about the money.
我们都有自己的职业 在schoolism上教学是出于个人兴趣所在
We all have our jobs. We do this out of passion.
在这个过程中 我可以直接地告诉你
And in the grand scheme of things, I could tell you firsthand:
从事一个非常酷的项目
working on a really cool project
比如为蒂姆·巴顿的《爱丽丝奇境记》设计人物形象
like designing the characters for Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland,
真的非常棒 非常有满足感
that was really great, that was really fulfilling.
你或许启发了一些人
Perhaps you might inspire a few people.
但当你将知识教给他们时
But when you teach somebody, it goes beyond
你带给他们的不止是启发
just inspiring somebody,
毫不夸张地说 你可以让他们实现一种更好的存在方式
you can literally change their lives in a better way.
这就是我鼓励你们教育他人的原因
And that’s why I encourage you to teach someone else,
——如果你确实肚子里有货的话
if you have something to offer.
对我来说 开创schoolism 分享我的所学
I know, for me, starting schoolism and sharing what I’ve learned has become
实在让我觉得不太好意思
literally one of the most humbling,
但也是最让我有满足感的行为
and most gratifying things I’ve done.
希望这个视频能对你有所帮助
So I hope this video has helped you.
也期待下次再见 再见了各位
And I hope to see you guys next time. Take care everybody.
请订阅本频道
Subscribe to this channel,
这样你就不会错过最新的艺术家访谈和指导教程
so you won’t miss out on the latest artist interviews, tutorials,
还有专为艺术社区提出的最新建议
and other news slash advice made especially for the art community.
如果你觉得这些视频有用
If you find these videos helpful,
就发给你身边的艺术家们吧
pass them on to the other artists in your life.
感谢观看
Thanks for watching.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

为了更好的职业生涯,艺术家应该避免这6个坏习惯,普通人若想追求更好的生命方式,也应共勉。

听录译者

红花老七

翻译译者

ABC

审核员

审核员 NA

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsGhdRsZVQ8

相关推荐