– Here are 50 amazing facts.
– To blow your mind.
第 11 节
– Part 11!
– Burger King in Japan has released two black hamburgers
called the Kuro Diamond and the Kuro Pearl,
汉堡的每一部分 面包 酱汁
with everything including the bun, the sauce,
and the cheese colored black with squid ink.
有个艺术家 叫做 Scott Wade
– There’s an artist named Scott Wade who is famous
for creating dust art using only his fingers and a brush.
– When tractor owner Ferruccio Lamborghini
voiced his frustration over the clutch in his Ferrari
to car’s founder Enzo Ferrari,
Enzo insulted him telling him that the problem
was with the driver, not the car.
So Ferruccio decided to start his own car company
and thus the Lamborghini was born.
– Putting dry tea bags in smelly shoes or gym bags
is an easy and quick way to absorb any unpleasant odors.
– The creator of Peter Pan, J. M. Barrie,
gave away the rights to the franchise to the
Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital
so that they could always collect royalties and fund the hospital.
– A woman from Michigan named Barbara Soper
分别在2008年8月8日 2009年9月9日 2010年10月10日生下了3个孩子
gave birth on 8-8-8, 9-9-9, and 10-10-10,
the odds of this are 50 million to one.
– The largest indoor water park in the world
is the Seagaia Ocean Dome in Japan,
at 300 meters long, and 100 meters wide.
– There are underwater rivers that flow along
the ocean floor, like this one found in Mexico.
– There is a tribe in India called the War Khasi
that has been passing down for generations
the art of manipulating tree roots to create a system of living bridges.
– In 2005, Swedish millionaire Johan Eliasch,
purchased a 400,000 acre plot of land in the
买下了 400,000 英亩亚马逊丛林的土地
Amazon rain forest from a logging company for
the sole purpose of it’s preservation.
– There is a town in Alaska called Talkeetna
that has had a cat named Stubs as it’s
自从 1997 年以来就是该镇的名誉镇长
honorary mayor since 1997.
– In 2011, a 46 year old man named Mark Bradford
hunted down and choked a 13 year old boy who killed
him several times in Call of Duty.
– The original founders and owners of Macy’s,
Isidor and Ida Straus, both died on the Titanic
and they were the old couple in the movie who went
to sleep as the ship went down which is what actually happened.
– There is a method of art called tree shaping where living
trees are manipulated to create forms of art such as this
living garden chair by artist Peter Cook.
– Astronauts aboard the International Space Station see 15
一天要经历15次日出 15次日落 平均每45分钟一次
sunrises and 15 sunsets a day, averaging one every
45 minutes due to the station’s proximity to the Earth and speed of it’s orbit.
– A 102 year old man named Alan Swift from Connecticut
drove the same 1928 Rolls Royce Phantom 1
一直开着同一辆 1928 年产的劳斯莱斯幻影1代 开了近 77 年
for close to 77 years before he died in 2005.
– This is a high speed macrophoto of a water droplet
reflecting a background image, and is just one of
over 975 amazing photos taken by artist Markus Reugels.
这是一间名为Lucid Stead 的镜面小屋
– This is a mirror cabin called the Lucid Stead created by
由加利福尼亚州 70 岁的艺术家菲利普K.史密斯 所创造
70 year old artist Phillip K. Smith in California.
小屋由木材 镜子 及 装饰灯组成
It’s made of timber, mirrors, and custom electronic
equipment and draws hundreds of art lovers every year.
– A study by the University of Westminster in the UK
determined that watching horror movies can burn up to
almost 200 calories, the same as a half hour walk.
– It would cost about 42,000 dollars to attend Hogwarts
那么在这上学每年的花费大概要 42000 美元
for a year if it were real.
Yes, somebody actually took the time to calculate the real world cost.
– In the Despicable Me movies, the gibberish that the
minions speak is actually a functioning language
written by the directors called Minionese.
2012 年 纽约一位名为黛博拉·斯蒂芬斯的女士
– In 2012, a woman from New York named Deborah Stevens
donated a kidney to her boss and was fired almost immediately after.
– Jesse James, the notorious outlaw from the 1800’s
once gave a widow who housed him enough money to
pay off her debt collector, and then robbed the debt
collector as the man left the widow’s home.
– Every factory employee at Ben and Jerry’s gets to take
每天可以带回家 3 品脱冰淇淋
home three pints of ice cream everyday.
– In the ancient Persian empire, men used to debate
通常一个想法要讨论两次 清醒时候一次 喝醉时候一次
ideas twice, once sober, and once drunk,
as they believed an idea had to sound good in both
states in order to be considered a good idea.
NBA 专职拉拉队队长的平均年薪是 56000 美金
– The average annual salary of a professional NBA cheerleader is 56,000 dollars.
中国有个叫做 彭水林 的人
– A man named Peng Shuilin from China had half his body
amputated after being run over by a truck
and not only recovered but opened his own bargain
supermarket called, wait for it,
the Half Man Half Price Store.
You can’t make this stuff up folks.
– Brazil’s prisons offer their prisoners the chance to
每年最低 4 天 最高 48 天
reduce their prison sentence by four days, up to 48
days a year, for every book they read and write a report on.
– Honey badgers have been known to eat porcupines
and poisonous snakes, raid bee hives for honey,
kidnap baby cheetahs and steal food from hungry lions.
Because you know, as every knows, honey badgers don’t give a (bleep).
– This is the world’s largest and longest 3D street art
由 3D JOE and MAX创作团队共同完成
created by 3D Joe and Max in London.
该画作长度106.5 米 用时10天
It took ten days to complete and is 106.5 meters long.
日本卖出的 90-95% 的手机
– 90 to 95% of mobile phone sales in Japan are for
waterproof devices because the Japanese are so fond
of their mobile phones, they even use them in the shower.
– A California couple named Helen and Les Brown
were both born on December 31, 1918, were married for 75 years,
2013年这一天两人虽然不在一处 但都在当天去世 享年94
and then died one day apart at the age of 94 in 2013.
1939 年 纽约时代周刊曾经预测
– In 1939 the New York Times predicted that the
television would fail because the average American family
would not have enough time to sit around watching it.
– Former billionaire Chuck Feeney has given away over 99%
of his 6.3 billion dollars to help underprivileged kids go to college.
He’s now worth only two million dollars.
– Before alarm clocks were invented, there was a profession
called a knocker up which involved going from
client to client and tapping on their windows or banging
on their doors with long sticks until they were awake.
It lasted until the 1920’s.
– In 2011, photographer Eirik Solheim created a picture
made of 365 slices, with each slice being from every day of the year.
– In some cities in the United States, such as Rialto
in California, police officers are required to wear a
camera in order to document their interactions with civilians.
因为在这些城市里 警察的投诉率 高达 88%
In those cities, public complaints against officers dropped by 88%.
– Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia,
设立了狗仔开放屋 在这里 学生们可以同小狗狗玩耍来释放压力
has opened a puppy room where students can go and play with puppies to relieve stress.
– There is a man named Tim Harris with Down Syndrome
who owns and runs a restaurant in Albuquerque, New Mexico
并起名叫做”蒂姆的店” 店里提供早餐午餐 与拥抱
called Tim’s Place where they serve breakfast, lunch,
and hugs, it’s the only known restaurant owned by
a person with Down Syndrome and is known as the world’s friendliest restaurant.
– Scientists from ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories in Tokyo, Japan,
have successfully developed
a technology that can put thoughts on a computer screen.
– 63 year old former math professor, Joan Ginther,
who has a PhD in statistics from Stanford University,
has won the scratch and win lottery four separate times
for a grand total of 20.4 million dollars.
She never revealed how she did it, but the odds
of accomplishing what she did is one in 18 septillion.
– In the early 1990’s Michael Jackson tried to buy Marvel comics
so that he could play Spider Man in his own self-produced movie.
– Japanese people who visit Paris sometimes have to be
sent back to Japan because they suffer from extreme
shock known as Paris syndrome because they were
completely unprepared for the reality of Paris
not being the greatest place in the world.
2013 年 荷兰关闭了 8 所监狱
– In 2013, the Netherlands closed eight prisons due
to a lack of criminals.
斐济有个名为 波塞冬度假地 的高端旅馆
– There is a luxury hotel in Fiji called Poseidon Resort
where for 15,000 dollars a week, you can sleep on the
ocean floor, and you even get a button to feed the fish
right outside your window.
– Percussive maintenance is the technical term
for hitting something until it works.
2005 年 德国举办了一场真人秀
– In 2005 there was a reality show that piloted in
Germany called Sperm Race, where 12 contestants
donated their sperm to a lab, where doctors observed
their seed race towards an egg.
The winner of the sperm race got a Porsche.
– There’s an Italian artist named Emanuele Dascanio
who makes incredible hyper-realistic artwork
using nothing more than pencils of different shades.
2013 年 流浪汉比利·哈里斯
– In 2013, a homeless man named Billy Ray Harris
returned an engagement ring to a woman who accidently
dropped it into his change up.
The owner of the ring, Sarah Darling was so overjoyed
that she and her fiance set up a fundraising page
最终他们筹到了 187000 美金
and raised 187,000 dollars from public donations
which allowed Billy to get a house and a job.
最后 1967年 一本名为《伯克利部落》的杂志
– And finally, in 1967 a magazine called the Berkeley Barb
published a fake story about extracting hallucinogenic chemicals from bananas
to raise moral questions about banning drugs.
Unfortunately, people didn’t realize it was a hoax and
began smoking banana peels to try and get high.
– And that’s it for this time guys,
big thanks to the Fine bros for helping me out with this
episode, if you want to check them out, click either
Benny or Rafi’s face–
不不 只有我的脸才可以 我的
– No, no, no, just my face, just my face.
不 我的 看我多乖
– No, mine, mine, I’m nuzzled.
– Either one will get you to their channels
and I will see you all back here next Saturday
with a less nuzzly version of a video.
– [Together] Peace.
– Former billionaire Chuck Feeney has given away
将几乎 63 亿美金全部捐助给贫困的孩子
over 99% of his 6.3 billion dollars to help underprivileged
kids go to college.
He’s now worth only two million dollars.
Shake that man’s hand.
勒死了一个 13 岁的男孩
– Hunted down and choked a 13 year old boy
who killed him several times in Call of Duty.
– Your face on that was awesome.
– Now we can go, now we can go right?
– You can’t make this stuff up folks.
– Or can I?
– Or can I.
闹钟发明之前有种职业 叫做 叫床人
Before alarm clocks were invented, there was a profession called a knocker up–