ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

我用来记忆的五个小工具 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

我用来记忆的五个小工具

5 Tools I Use to Remember Everything

So, you’ve probably heard about mnemonics at some point in your life.
你可能听说过记忆术
If you haven’t, they’re basically mental devices
从根本上说 这是一种
that allow you to access hard to remember information
让你用迂回的方式记住
in a sort of roundabout way.
难记信息的智力手段
Take the acronym ROYGBIV for example.
以首字母缩略词ROYGBIV为例
This silly sounding name allows us to easily remember
这个听起来很蠢的词能让我们轻松地记住
the order of the colors in the visible light spectrum.
颜色在可视光谱中的顺序
red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.
红色 橙色 黄色 绿色 蓝色 靛蓝和紫色
Our brains aren’t really wired in a way that
我们的大脑其实本身无法
makes remembering the order or arbitrary words easy,
让那些顺序或乱序的词变得容易记住
but they easily latch onto silly sounding names.
却能很容易地记住那些听起来很傻的名字
So, essentially this acronym provides a pathway to a specific piece of information.
实质上 这个首字母缩写提供了一条通往具体信息的路径
Information that does exist in your brain,
这些信息即使很难直接获取
even if it’s hard to access directly.
可它的确存在于你的大脑中
But building these sort of mental pathways isn’t just useful for
但建立这样的思维路径
accessing information that’s already up in your head.
不仅有利于获取那些已经存在于你脑海中的信息
You can also build them to easily access information that you don’t know,
你还可以用以更轻松地获取那些你不知道的信息
and in doing so, you can greatly expand your brain’s capabilities.
通过这种方法 你就可以极大地扩展脑容量
Someone who understood this concept exceptionally well was Henry Ford.
亨利•福特能非常好地理解这个概念
“I have a row of electric push buttons on my desk,” he once said,
他曾说 “我的桌子上有一些电动按钮
“and by pushing the right button, I can summon to my aid men
只要按下正确的按钮 我就能叫来我的助手
who can answer any question I desire concerning the business,
他们可以回答任何我想问的有关业务的问题
to which I am devoting most of my efforts.”
而我的大部分精力也都花在这些问题上了”
In other words, Ford didn’t know all of the information
换句话说 福特并没有为了亲自经营生意
that he needed to run his business himself,
而去了解所有所需的信息
but he did know how to quickly get any answer
但他确实知道如何迅速获取
to any question that he needed.
他想知道的问题的答案
Now today, there are entire businesses that provide the access to experts
如今 所有的行业都在提供专家服务
like the ones that Ford relied upon back in his day.
像福特曾经依靠的按钮一般
They’re called Expert Networks.
它们被称为专家网络
I actually learned all about them back in my MIS program in college.
实际上 我在大学的MIS项目中就学过这些
Other businesses, like hedge funds especially,
其他行业 尤其是对冲基金
often pay huge sums of money for yearly subscriptions
通常每年都要花一大笔钱
to these types of networks.
来订阅这些类型的网络
But of course, we have another tool at our fingertips,
当然 我们有其他唾手可得的工具
which is called Google.
叫做谷歌
And what’s more, it’s free.
更重要的是 它是免费的
So with such a useful tool at our fingertips,
既然手头有了这样一件有用的工具
why even make a video about this?
那为什么还要制作这个视频呢?
Well, here’s the thing.
事情是这样的
Google is incredibly useful, yes,
谷歌的确非常有用
but it does have some limitations.
但它也有一些局限性
The main one being that it’s a search engine,
最主要是因为 它是一个搜索引擎
which means that it can only return results
这意味着它只能
based on the terms that you feed it.
根据你的输入给出结果
And sometimes, you don’t really know what you’re looking for well enough
有时候 你并不知道你具体要查的是什么
to give it the accurate terms.
而无法输入精确的词条
But there’s another problem as well,
还有一个问题
and it’s the one that I wan na focus on in this video.
这个问题是我想在视频里强调的重点
It’s the problem of re-access.
是关于重新访问的问题
How many times have you stumble across a really useful article or video
你有多少次偶然发现了非常有用的文章或视频
only to be unable to find it again later?
之后却无法再次找到它?
It’s just like putting new information up in your brain,
这就好比在你的大脑存放新的信息
if you can’t access it again when you need it,
如果你在需要的时候不能再次提取它
then what good is it?
那么储存这个信息又有什么用呢?
Fortunately, Google is not the only tool out there.
好在 谷歌并不是唯一的工具
So today, what I wanna do is share some of the other tools and methods
今天 我要分享一些其他的工具和方法
that I use to easily re-access information.
可以帮助我轻松地重新访问信息
Think of them as modern day breadcrumbs to follow,
你可以把它们想像成现代版的面包屑
except that these breadcrumbs don’t get eaten by birds
只是这些面包屑不会被鸟儿吃掉
so you don’t get eaten alive by a witch.
所以你也不会被什么女巫生吞活剥
And really, at the end of the day,
而且 到头来
isn’t that what my entire channel is all about?
这不就是我整个频道的主题吗?
So since we are on YouTube,
既然我们这里是YouTube
the first one that I’m gonna mention is YouTube playlists.
那么我要提到的第一个东西就是YouTube的播放列表
If you go over to my channel, and you go the Playlist tab,
如果你来到我的频道 点击播放列表标签
you’re gonna see many publicly available playlists
你就会看到许多
that I’ve made of my own videos,
由我自己的视频组成的公开播放列表
but hidden underneath the surface,
但是里面也隐藏着
there are also dozens of unlisted playlists that
很多我感兴趣的话题
I make for basically any topic that I’m interested in.
并未列出在播放列表里
And with these playlists I’m easily able to save anything
有了这些播放列表 我就能轻松地保存
that I wan na access later on.
任何我想之后再看的东西
So whatever I’m interested in, be it rock climbing,
所以无论我对什么感兴趣 比如攀岩
or guitar pedals and signal chains,
或吉他踏板和信号链
or making better videos,
又或制作更好的视频
I will make a playlist for that topic
我都能为那个话题开设一个播放列表
and then I’ll save stuff to it as I come across it.
而当我看到相关内容的时候 就会把它存进列表
Now, that feature’s useful for anything on YouTube,
这个特征对YouTube上的任何东西都很适用
but what about the rest of the internet?
但对网络的其他部分而言呢?
Well, for that there is Pocket.
那就要靠Pocket了
And Pocket is basically a browser extension
Pocket基本上就是浏览器插件
and also a set of mobile apps
也是一套手机应用
that allows you to save any webpage you want for later reading.
可以帮你保存任何网页 以便于以后阅读
And one of the nice things about pocket is that
Pocket最大的一个优点是
it’s very similar to the reader mode on the iPhone.
它和iPhone的阅读模式很类似
It actually strips out a lot of the extraneous elements of the website that you’re on
它实际上过滤了你浏览的网页上的很多无关元素
and just gives you a nice article view which is very distraction free.
而给你呈现出一个精美的文章视图 非常有效地免干扰
Additionally on their mobile apps,
另外在Pocket的手机软件中
Pocket gives you the option of saving articles for offline access.
它能让你选择保存文章 离线阅读
So anytime I have a flight, I often go and
所以在我乘飞机时 我往往会
download one of the articles that I’ve saved for later reading
下载一些我曾保存下来 以便以后阅读的文章
so I can access them while I’m on the plane.
从而可以在飞行期间阅读
Now, I know several people who actually delete articles
我知道一些人会在读完文章后
out of their Pocket once they’re done reading them,
把文章在Pocket上删除
but that isn’t the way that I use it.
但我不会那样使用Pocket
Essentially, for me, Pocket is a way of saving anything
实际上 对我而言 使用Pocket只是一种
I come across on the internet
保存我在网上看到的东西的方式
whether I’ve read it already
无论我是否已经读完了它
or whether I want to access it in the future.
也无论我是否将来想要阅读它
It’s basically my main way of laying out these breadcrumbs,
这基本上是我布置面包屑的主要方式
and I don’t worry about keeping things organized,
我不用担心如何维持事物的顺序
I don’t use the tagging feature very often, I don’t delete things,
我不经常使用标记功能 也不删东西
I just make very liberal use of that
而只是非常随意地使用Chrome浏览器内的
“save to pocket” button in my Chrome browser,
“保存到pocket”按钮
and that way I know if I find something useful,
这样 我就能知道 如果我找到了什么有用的内容
I’m gonna be able to find it again
就算我忘了
even if I forget the search terms that might
在谷歌搜索时搜索了什么关键字
bring it to me in a Google search.
我也能再一次找到它
Now, there is one place in particular on the internet besides YouTube
除了YouTube之外 网络上还有一个
where I don’t tend to use Pocket to save things, and that is Reddit.
我不会用Pocket来保存东西的特别地方 那就是Reddit
I’ll often save Reddit comments directly to my Reddit account.
我经常把Reddit评论直接保存到Reddit账号里
Over the past couple years, I have found that
在过去几年我发现
Reddit is often a better source of information
对于特定的目的而言 Reddit往往是
for certain purposes than blogs or videos.
比博客或视频更好的信息源
And this is true for a couple of different reasons.
之所以如此 是有几个原因
First and foremost, Reddit, like many other social media sites,
首先 Reddit像许多其他社交媒体网站一样
has a very low barrier of entry to post.
发帖的门槛很低
People don’t need to buy a camera like they do on YouTube,
人们不需要像在YouTube上那样买相机
people don’t need to learn how to set up a blog,
也不需要去学习如何创建博客
they just need to make an account and
而只需要创建一个账户
they can write to their heart’s content.
这样 他们就能写下自己的心里话了
And because of this, you often meet a larger
而因此 你会经常遇见更多
and much more diverse group of people sharing their knowledge.
种类更丰富的人们分享他们的知识
Plus, you usually also get multiple answers in each thread.
你也经常会在每种思路中得到不同的答案
These are coming from multiple different voices.
这些思路来自不同的声音
And because it has a conversation style setup,
而由于Reddit有用来交流的设置
Reddit encourages discussion, it encourages debate,
它能支持讨论 也能支持辩论
and I often find the best answers several levels deep
我也经常在最初评论的好几楼之下
nested beneath the original comment.
找到最佳的回答
So sometimes this debate is really, really useful.
所以有时候这些辩论是真的很有用
Now, I konw that I could easily save Reddit pages to Pocket
我可以像保存其他文章一样 轻松地把Reddit网页
just like any other article,
保存到Pocket
but usually I’m interested in saving a specific comment
但通常我更喜欢保存某条特定的评论
rather than the entire thread that it’s from.
而不是发出这条评论的完整思路
And yes, I could click the permalink button and save that in Pocket,
我固然可以点击永久链接按钮 将其保存到Pocket
but usually saving things to my Reddit account makes things easier
但通常来说 把内容保存到Reddit账户会更容易
because if I’m looking for something in the future,
因为 如果将来我要找一些内容时
I usually at least know whether it was from Reddit comment or from a blog post,
我至少要知道这些信息是来自Reddit评论还是博文
and if it was from a Reddit comment, I know that
而如果是来自Reddit评论 我就会知道
I can start from my profile instead of digging through Pocket.
我可以从我自己的资料开始 而不是去翻遍Pocket
All right, so we talked about YouTube playlists, Pocket and Reddit.
我们已经讨论过了YouTube播放列表 Pocket还有Reddit
The next one I wanna talk about is screenshots.
下一个我想要讲的是截图
I take a lot of screenshots,
我会截很多图
especially when I’m watching YouTube videos.
尤其是我在看YouTube视频的时候
Saving an entire video to one of my playlists can be very useful,
把一整段视频保存到我的一个播放列表里可能会很有用
but sometimes I just want one frame for later reference.
但有时候我只是需要一个方便以后查阅的框架而已
For example, I was recently watching a video
比如 我最近正在看一个
about how to set up a specific order of guitar pedals,
关于如何设置吉他踏板的特定顺序的视频
and they had this diagram of the signal chain in the video,
视频中展示了这张信号链的图表
so I screenshot that in case I need to reference it later on.
所以我截了图 以备以后参考
Now, basically every computer operating system out there
现在 基本上每台电脑的操作系统
has a built in screenshot program.
都已经内置了截图程序
And I am here to tell you that it is not good enough
在这我要告诉你们 它不够好用
and that you can do better.
还有更好用的工具
So the program that I personally use is called Greenshot.
我个人使用的程序叫Greenshot
It’s open sourced and free on Windows, and incredibly full featured.
它是开源的 而且对Windows免费 功能也十分丰富
And then, it also exists on the Mac,
它也有Mac版本
but it costs about two bucks and doesn’t have quite as many features,
但它要花大约两美元 而且也没有那么多功能
though that being said, I still use it just because
但尽管如此 我仍然会用它 只是因为
I like to use the same programs on each operating system if I can.
我会尽量在每个操作系统上使用相同的应用程序
The main thing that I like about Greenshot is that
我喜欢Greenshot主要原因
it allows me to setup multiple destinations for my screenshots.
是它可以在截屏的时候设置多个存储位置
For example, I have mine setup to
比如 我设置的是
not only save each screenshot
不仅将每个截屏保存到
to a specific folder that’s in my Google Drive
我Google Drive里的文件夹
so I can access it from anywhere,
以便随地查阅
but also save screenshots to my clipboard
而且也要保存到我的剪贴板上
so I can easily paste them into Photoshop
因此如果我需要制作视频 就能轻松地
if I need them for a video,
把它们粘贴进photoshop
or I can paste them into Notion or Evernote
或者也可以把它们粘贴进Notion或Evernote
for note taking purposes.
来做笔记
And in addition to that feature, I also like that
除了这个功能 我也喜欢
it allows me to set up different shortcuts
它能给全屏截图
for taking a screenshot of the entire screen
和给想要捕捉的特定区域截图
as well as also drawing a box around a specific region that I want to capture.
设置不同的快捷方式
Now, Greenshot is by no means the only screenshot program out there,
Greenshot绝不是目前唯一的截图程序
so if you’re looking for an lternative,
所以如果你要找个替代品的话
there is ShareX on Windows, Skitch for Mac,
Windows上有ShareX或者Mac上有Skitch
and then Monosnap for both platforms.
还有两个平台都能用的Monosnap
And that just leaves us with one more method that I wanna talk about
我还想再说一个方法
which is trusty old notebooks and note taking.
这是一个可靠的记笔记的方法
So in addition to taking notes on individual books,
除了在个人的书籍中做笔记之外
I’ll often create specific notes in Evernote
我通常也会在Evernote上
on things I’m trying to learn as well.
做一些关于我想学的东西的笔记
And if it’s a current interest,
如果这是我现在感兴趣的内容
I usually bookmark those notes
我往往会把这些笔记加上书签
and add them to my shortcuts bar.
然后添加到我的快捷文件中
A few examples include my Japanese notes, my After Effects notes,
例如我的日语笔记 和AE笔记
which have different scripts that I use occasionally
两者有着我偶尔使用的不同脚本
and different shortcuts that I like to reference
也会引用不同的快捷方式
and can’t always remember off the top of my head,
我不一定一直能记住它们
and my notes for my live set up which I’m trying to build right now
而我的笔记建立起了我想现在就试着建立的东西
which has a lot of very different complicated gear
它有着种类丰富的大量复杂装置
that has to go in a specific order.
必须按照特定顺序运行
And aside from just typing notes,
除了打字的笔记以外
I also make extensive use of the camera feature in Evernote as well.
我还充分利用了Evernote中的相机功能
If I’ve got like a specific configuration of thing
如果我看到一个东西的特定结构
or anything where just a visual reference would make much more sense
或任何视觉参照能比花长时间
than typing things out for a long period of time,
打字描述更有意义的东西
I’ll take a picture of it, I’ll shove it in Evernote,
我会给它拍照 传到Evernote
and that way I can easily access it just as I can with text.
那样的话 我就可以像对文本一样轻松地访问它
Now, the one odd thing about my Evernote setup is
我的Evernote设置里有一个奇怪的地方
that I don’t tend to use the Web Clipper function,
我不常用网页剪辑功能
which is essentially this browser extension that you can use to save articles
这其实就是一个能让你保存文章
and basically anything you want to your Evernote
和几乎任何想用Evernote保存下来的东西的浏览器插件
just like you can with Pocket.
就像用Pocket一样
And I know my friend Martin uses that all the time,
我知道我的朋友马丁一直在用这个插件
especially for things like recipes,
尤其是用来保存菜谱一类的东西
but I tend to keep articles and things like that in Pocket,
但我更喜欢把文章和此类内容保存在Pocket里
and things that I kind of create myself in Evernote,
而会用Evernote来进行创作
but you kinda have to use what works for you.
但你得用适合你的东西
Now, one last way that I make sure that I can easily re-access information
最后一个我能确保自己轻松地重新访问信息的方法
is by building a library, or rather, several libraries.
是构建一座图书馆 或更准确地说 是多座图书馆
I have a physical one sitting on the bookshelf behind me,
我身后的书架上有一个实体图书馆
a digital one in my Kindle app,
Kindle应用里有一个数字图书馆
and another one made up of audiobooks.
还有个由有声读物构成的图书馆
Now, you might think that it’d be hard to re-access
你可能觉得重新访问
specific information in an audiobook that’s hours long,
数小时长的有声读物里的特定信息是很难的
but that’s not a problem if you’re listening through Audible
但如果你是通过Audible听的话 这都不是问题
since their app actually lets you set specific bookmarks at time stamps
因为这个app允许你按时间戳添加书签
and even add notes to them.
甚至还能添加笔记
Audible is also simply thebest place to get audiobooks
Audible也是获取有声读物的最佳途径
ranging from the best-sellers
它的藏书涵盖了从畅销书
to more obscure titles on botany and music theory.
到晦涩难懂的的植物学和音乐理论
I use audible almost every single day,
我几乎每天都会使用audible
specially now that it’s warm and I can bike more often.
特别是现在天气暖和 我就能多骑骑车了
And if you’d like to give it a try as well,
如果你喜欢 你也可以试试
you can go over to Audbile.com/Thomas
你可以去Audbile.com/Thomas下载
or text Thomas to 500-500 on your phone to get a 30-day free trial.
或用手机发送Thomas到500-500 获取30天的免费体验资格
That trial also comes with a free audiobook download of your choice.
这个试用版还会赠送一本你选择的免费的有声读物
And this month I’m gonna recommend Bill Bryson’s
这个月我将推荐比尔•布莱森的
excellent A Short History of Nearly Everything.
著作《万物简史》
This is one of my favorite non-fiction books of all time,
这是我一直一来最爱的纪实文学作品之一
and even though it’s not on my list of essential books on my website,
即使它因为不涉及生产力 也不涉及学术
since it doesn’t deal with productivity or academics,
而没有被列入我的网站上的重要的书列表内
I do think that everyone should read it.
但是我认为每个人都应该读一读
It is a fantastic introduction to basically all fields of science.
这本书对科学的几乎所有领域都做了奇妙的介绍
Now of course, you could go and get any other audiobook that you want
当然 你也可以去获取其他你想要的有声读物
and once you’re a member, you’re gonna get one new credit
只要你成为会员 你将每个月
every single month for another audiobook,
都能获得一本新的有声读物
plus access to two Audible originals every single month
而且每个月都能获得两本
that you cannot get anywhere else,
无法从别处获得的Audible原创读物
and a library of audio workout and meditation programs to boot.
还有一个音频训练和冥想程序库
So once again, to get a free 30 day trial of Audible service
再次提醒大家 为了获取Audible服务的30天免费试用资格
along with free audiobook download of your choice
以及免费下载你所选的有声读物的资格
and two free Audible originals,
和两本免费的Audible原创读物
go over to Audible.com/Thomas
请访问Audible.com/Thomas
or text Thomas to 500-500 on your phone.
或者用手机发送Thomas到500-500
Big thanks as always to Audible for sponsoring this video
依然非常感谢Audible对这支视频
and being a supporter of my channel,
以及我的频道的支持
and thank you as always for watching, as well.
也依然感谢你们的收看
If you enjoyed this video, hit that Like button
如果你喜欢这个视频 请点击下面的点赞按钮
and also get subscribed right there so you don’t miss new videos when they come out,
也请点击此处订阅 这样就不会错过新的视频了
and also click right there to get a free copy of my book
请也点击这里 就能免费获得一本我的书
on how to earn better grades if you haven’t done so already.
教你在毫无经验的情况下取得更好的成绩
Last, but not least, you can check out one more video on this channel by clicking right over here,
最后还有重要的一点 你可以点击这里 查看本频道的更多视频
or check out our latest podcast episode right over here
或点击这里 查看我们最新的播客
and if you haven’t subscribed to that podcast channel,
如果你还没有订阅我们的播客频道
you should probably do that as well.
应该也订阅一下
Thanks again for watching, and I will see you in the next video.
再次感谢观看 下个视频再见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

介绍5种可以保存或者下载网页方式,方便人们再次获取信息,回想内容。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

YXG-b6423

审核员

审核员PH

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge98ks3GwXc

相关推荐