未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

5个方法提高听力理解能力-美式英语

5 Tips to Improve Listening Comprehension - American English

在本期的美式英语发音视频中
In this American English pronunciation video,
我们将学习五种技巧来提高你的听力水平
we’re going to go over five tips to improve your listening skills.
在本视频里 我将讲述五种技巧
In this video, I’m going to go over five tips, five tricks, five secrets
来提高你的英语听力理解能力
to improve your English listening comprehension skills.
如果你关注这五种方法 每天花时间练习
If you pay attention to all five and spend time every day,
不用太长时间 15到20分钟即可
not long! 15 – 20 minutes.
没有方法能让你突然提升
There’s no way you won’t improve dramatically.
如果你厌倦了用一种方式练习
If you get bored working one way,
可以试试另外的诀窍
try out one of the other five tricks.
练习发音和练习听力息息相关
Studying pronunciation and listening skills go hand in hand.
美国人的说话方式你了解得越多 模仿得越多
The more you understand how Americans speak, and how to imitate that,
你说和理解会话英语的能力就会越强
the better you’ll be at speaking and understanding conversational English,
而且这种提高是很迅速的
which can move at a pretty quick pace.
那么 提高听力能力的第一点是 学习弱读
So the first trick to improving your listening skills is to study reductions.
为什么美国人说话那么快
How is it that Americans speak so quickly?
他们弱化了一些不重要的词
They reduce less important words.
比如说 “FOR” 它的发音是[fɔr]
Let’s take for example this word: FOR. Fully pronounced, it’s [fɔr].
但很多时候在一个句子里 美式发音是[fər]
But most of the time, in a sentence, Americans pronounce it [fər].
非常快 弱化了元音 [fər]
Really fast, with a reduced vowel, [fər]
所以 如果你期望听到的是[fɔr]这样清晰的全音
So if you’re expecting to hear FOR, fully pronounced and clear,
那么你就听不出来[fər]
then you’re never going to hear ‘fer’.
这是为星期一的会议准备的
This is for the meeting on Monday.
我上课要迟到了 [fər]
I’m going to be late for class. Fer, fer.
有一些非常常见的词
There are quite a few very common words that,
如“this” 美国人习惯性的弱读
just like this, Americans regularly reduce.
了解它们 学习它们 练习它们
Knowing what they are, studying them, practicing them,
即使以英语为母语的人语速再快
will help you identify them
你也能听出它们
in a fast speaking of native English speakers.
我将常见的弱读词做了一份视频播放列表
I’ve put together a playlist of videos that goes over these common words that reduce.
放在本视频结尾处
I’ll post that playlist at the end of this video.
提高听力能力的第二点 学习连读
The second trick to improving your listening skills is to study how Americans link words together.
美式英语非常流畅
American English is very smooth.
美式英语非常流畅
American English is very smooth.
连读是美国人语速快但仍能说清楚的另一方式
Linking words together is another way that Americans are able to speak so quickly but still be clear.
当你学习美国人的单词及发音的连读方法时
When you study linking and the ways Americans link words and sounds,
理解他们说话就很容易了
it makes it easier to understand native speakers.
它们有特定的情况和规则
There are specific cases and rules.
比如 以元音[i]结尾的词
For example,when you’re linking a word that ends in the [i] vowel,
这种元音结尾的词在美式英语中非常常见
a very common ending sound in American English,
连着一个以元音开始的单词 连读它们时
to a word that begins with a vowel,
听起来两个词之间有“Y”的发音
it helps to put a Y sound in between the words.
美国人天生就会这个
Americans do this without thinking about it.
“He always”(他一直)Heeeeeyal-ya-ya-yyalways
“He always”. Heeeeeyal-ya-ya-yyalways.
听起来像是“yyalways” “he yalways”
It sounds like ‘yalways’. He yalways. He always.
Y是个滑音
The Y is a glide consonant,
我们能用它在两个词之间平滑过渡
so we can use it to smoothly glide between words.
在本视频末尾也有连读的情况与规则
I have a playlist of videos that goes over the cases and rules for linking which I’ll put at the end of the video.
学习这个让你能轻松理解美国人
Studying this will make Americans easier to understand,
也让你的美式英语更地道
and make your English more beautifully American.
第三点 研究外国人英语发音的特性
The third trick to improving your listening skills is to study the specifics of native speech.
很好 每个人都想那样做 但是怎么做
Great. Everyone wants to do that. HOW do you do that?
我曾为学习美式口音提出了一种练习方法
I’ve come up with an exercise to study native speech
即《本·富兰克林练习法》
that I call a ‘Ben Franklin’ exercise.
在那些视频中
In these videos,
我把天然的美式口音对话分成小段
I take a small segment of natural, conversational, native speech,
分析它的每一点
and analyze every bit of it.
我们分析语调 重读 弱化词 连读
We look at intonation, stress, words that reduce, linking.
这套《本·富兰克林》视频含有以上全部内容
This set of Ben Franklin videos does it all for you,
所以你能理解怎么去学习
so you can understand HOW
美式口音的音视频片段
to study the audio and video clips of native speakers,
以及怎么提高你的学习效率
and how to get the most out of your studies.
让我们看个简单的例子
Let’s look at a quick example.
汤姆 你今天做了什么
Tom what did you do today?
这里有些有意思的东西
Lots of interesting things happening here.
我注意到 首先我省掉了t的读音
I noticed first of all that I’ve dropped the t here.
Whaddid
Whaddid, whaddid…
你做了什么
What did you do?
我也注意到这里多了J的发音
I’m also noticing I’m getting more of a J sound here.
ju what didju didju
Ju, ju, what didju, didju…
这里的D和Y连在一起发出J的音
So the D and the Y here are combining to make the J sound,
所以我们就有 wha di ju whadidju
so we have wha – di – ju… whadidju, whadidju, whadidju.
汤姆 你今天做了什么
Tom, what did you do today?
今天 今天 我醒来……
Today? Today. Today, I woke up…
在视频末尾
At the end of this video,
有《本·富兰克林练习法》播放列表的链接
I’m going to put a link to a playlist of these Ben Franklin exercises.
第四点
Trick number four:
找段简短带文本的美式口音音视频(练习听力)
Find a short audio or video clip of a native speaker that has a transcript.
在视频末尾我会告诉你到哪里找这样的材料
I’ll give you ideas of where to find these at the end of the video.
在你看文本之前
Before you look at the transcript,
先听或看 然后试着写出文本
listen or watch, and try to write down the transcript.
视听材料要短 10秒或20秒即可
Keep it short, 10 or 20 seconds of video or audio.
听几遍 尽量将听到的内容准确无误的写出来
Listen several times and do your best to write down exactly what’s being said.
然后与视听材料的文本进行对比
Then compare it with the transcript.
看看你遗漏了什么字句
What are the words and phrases you missed?
再听一遍 试着找出遗漏的原因
Listen again and try to figure out why you missed them.
是重读跟你所想的不一样吗
Was the stress different than you thought?
是其中一个词弱化得太厉害 以致你没听出来吗
Was one of the words reduced so much that you didn’t hear it?
还是有个词你以前从没听过
Was there a word you’ve never heard of before?
当找到你没理解它的原因时
When you figure out WHY you didn’t understand it,
下一次再听就会有进步
it’s going to help you get it next time.
时常翻看你无法理解的词和句子
Keep track of those words and phrases you couldn’t understand,
在第五点用上它们
and use them with tip five.
相当酷
Now this is really cool.
提高听力能力的第五点
The fifth trick for improving your listening skills
听不同的本地人如何说
is to listen to a variety of native speakers say the word or phrase
那些你难听出来或难理解的词句
that you have a hard time hearing or understanding.
有个网站 叫Youglish
There’s a website called Youglish
你在上面输入一个词或句子
where you can plug in a word or a phrase
能收听到上百条英语母语者
and hear hundreds of examples of native speakers
在他们的对话中使用你搜索的词句
using that word or phrase in conversational English.
我来给你演示我的意思
Let me show you what I mean.
打开Youglish网站
Here, I’m on Youglish.com.
比如我不明白这句话
Let’s say I didn’t understand the phrase
“I want to do that”(我想做那个)
“I want to do that”
和“ wanna do that”意思一样
as “I wanna do that”.
当我在一个播客练习听力理解时
when I was working on a podcast listening comprehension exercise.
输入它 带上引号 选择美式口音
I type it in, with quotes, and I select US here for American English.
现在它加载了很多视频
Now it loads a series of videos,
全都含有这个句子 我可以逐一听取
all queued up to this phrase that I can listen to in a row.
点击这个按钮跳到下一个例子
Use this button to skip to the next example.
“我花了一小时十五分钟赶到那 我想做……”
“It takes me like an hour and 15 minutes to get here, I wanna do that and…”
“你得来帮我 你说不 我不想去做那个……”
“You’re gonna come and help me and you say no I don’t really think I want to do that…”
“看看其他人做这个 并且说 哇 我想自己去做”
“See others doing it and say, wow! I want to do that with my own…”
“你知道 我想做那个……”
“You know, I want to do that…”
“我想那样做 并且给你打个电话……”
“I want to do that and give you a call…”
“我今天想做那个……”
“And I want to do that today…”
“我想做那个 告诉我怎么做……”
“I want to do that, just tell me how to do that…”
“如果你想做那事 我需要那些关键的…… ”
“If I want to do that, I need these key…”
“我仍记得我想做那事”
“I remember thinking I want to do that.”
“我想做那个”
“I want to do that…”
“我想做这个 我想做那个……”
“I want to do this, I want to do that…”
“我想做这事 我想做那个吗 还是我想……”
“I want to do it. Do I want to do that or do I want to…”
哇 每个人都是说“wanna”
Wow, everyone said wanna.
当你听到一个例子的时候 暂停 模仿它
As you hear one example, pause it, and imitate it.
听10到20个不同的人说你有疑问的词句
Listen to 10, 15, 20 different people say your problem word or phrase
然后花点时间大声读出来
and spend some time saying it out loud yourself.
你注意到什么了
What do you notice?
里面有个停顿音“T” 吗 有个弱化词吗
Is there a Stop T? Is there a reduction?
下次你在对话或电影里听到它
The next time you hear it inconversation or a movie,
就会理解它了
you’re going to understand it.
现在你都清楚了
There you have it.
我的五大秘诀 五大技巧
My top five secrets, my top tricks
用来帮你提升听力理解能力
for improving your listening comprehension.
现在是不是有点迫不及待地想试试其中的一种
Aren’t you sort of excited to get working on one of these tricks right now?
我想为第四点提供些资源给你
I want to give you a couple of resources for number 4 –
带文本的视听材料
videos and audios with transcripts.
我喜欢TED演讲
I love TED talks.
访问ted.com 获取上千种种类繁多又有趣味的
Visit ted.com for thousands of videos
带字幕的视频资源
on varied and interesting topics with transcripts.
选取视频中10至20秒的片段进行练习
And just choose a 10 or 20 second section of the video to work on.
也有很多播客有在线字幕
Also, lots of podcasts have their transcripts online.
我最喜爱的播客之一是《美国生活》 去看看
One of my favorite podcasts is This American Life. Check it out.
这里是我所提到的所有视频播放列表
Here are all of those playlists I mentioned.
点击这里或下方的说明
Click here or in the description below.
选择一个 等会再观看 现在马上练习
Pick one and watch it next. Start working on it right now.
现在正是时候
There’s no time like the present.
每天练习一种技巧
Work with one of these tips everyday.
收藏播放列表
Bookmark the playlists.
你完全能提升自己的听力能力
You can really take charge of your listening skills.
你对提升自己的听力理解还有其他方法吗
What other ways do you work on your listening comprehension?
写在下方的评论中
Put it in the comments below
那样每个人都能从你的想法和技巧中受益
so that everyone can benefit from your ideas and your tips.
如果你是瑞秋英语的新观众 欢迎你
If you’re new to Rachel’s English, welcome.
在我的YouTube上 有超过500个视频节目
I have over 500 videos to help you
能帮你更好的说美式英语
speak better American English on my YouTube channel.
点击这里 访问订阅我的频道
Click here to visit my channel and subscribe.
或者 从这个清单开始收看我的视频
Or, see this playlist to get started with my videos.
链接也在下方的说明里
The link is also in the description below.
我还有一本很棒的电子书
And I have a great ebook –
290页长达两个半小时的音频
290 pages with two and a half hours of audio.
这本书详细讲述了学习美式英语发音的方法
This book details my method for learning American English pronunciation.
它将我的上百部在线视频整理成一个文件
It organizes hundreds of my online videos for a path,
从头至尾 帮助你说得自然流畅
start to finish, to help you speak beautifully and naturally.
点击这里或下方说明
Click here or in the description below
获取更多信息以及购买副本
for more information and to purchase a copy.
可以终生免费更新这本电子书
You’ll get free updates of the book for life.
就这些 非常感谢收看瑞秋英语
That’s it, and thanks so much for using Rachel’s English.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

最让学英语的人困惑的是,听不明白!现在我们一起来看看瑞秋教给我们的五大方法,能快速帮你提升听力理解能力。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

兰代

审核员

SF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQahH_Jh7Bg

相关推荐