未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

5个需要避免的简历错误

5 Resume Mistakes You Need to Avoid

让我们来谈谈简历制作
Let’s talk about resumes.
某些重要时刻 比你想象中来得更快
At some point in your life,probably sooner than you think,
你需要将它们写下来
you’re gonna have towrite one of these things.
无论将它们用于工作或是实习
And whether you’re applyingfor a job or an internship,
亦或是申请奖学金
or in some cases even a scholarship,
通常来说 查看简历
your resume is likely going to be the first thing
是决策者评估你的首要环节
that the decision maker sees, when they’re evaluating you.
这意味着简历很重要
Which means they’re important. Now,
因为这些东西很重要
because these things are so important,
所以招聘人员或经理
then any recruiter or hiring manager is
都会给予每位申请者
obviously gonna give every one they receive
最大程度的关心与关注 对吗
the utmost care and attention, right?
大错特错
Wrong.
事实上 绝大部分简历完全没有
In reality, most resumesare never actually seen by
被招聘人员看过
a human recruiter.
大部分放在他们办公桌上的简历
And of those that actually do make it to a recruiters desk,
仅仅过了几秒钟
most are unceremoniously thrown in the trash
就被随意地丢进垃圾桶
after just a few seconds.
这只是一个数字游戏
And this is just a numbers game.
事实上 谷歌一年就淘汰了100万份简历
In fact, Google alone gets over1 million resumes per year.
平均每天超过2700份
And that breaks down to over 2,700 a day. Now,
这些数字看起来有点吓人 令人望而却步
those numbers seem daunting and they can be a little bit intimidating,
但接下来有个好消息
but there is some good news.
因为很多人在简历制作出现普遍性错误
Because a lot of people makesome really common mistakes
被淘汰出局
on their resumes that couldput them out of the running.
如果你能够避免这些错误
And if you could learn to avoid those mistakes,
你就能在竞争中脱颖而出
you’re gon na have a huge leg-up on the competition. So,
今天我们来谈谈五个你最可能犯的错误以及如何避免这些错误
today we are going over five of the worst resume mistakes you can make, and we’re gonna talk abouthow you can avoid them
以使你获得你梦寐以求的工作
so that you get that dream job that you are going for.
我们要谈论的第一个问题就是
The first big mistake we’re gon na
在人们在填写工作经验时趋向于
go over is the tendency for people to write their experience section
列出他们的职责而不是他们的成就
in a way that lists their job duties rather than their jobs accomplishments.
但问题是 招聘者并不关心
But the thing is,employers do no care about
你在上份工作的职责是什么
what you were expectedto do at your last job.
而是你可以为他们做些什么
They care about what you can do for them,
并从你过去的工作经历里
and they wan na see concrete examples from
看见具体的例子
your past experience that point to that.
但是大部分人都不是邓布利多
And since most of themare not Albus Dumbledore
他们没有冥想盆
and they don’t have apensieve sitting in a corner,
他们不能审视过去并窥视你工作
they can’t just peer into the past and watch you at work.
这意味着你要清晰简洁地
Which means it’s yourresponsibility to clearly
在这个小小的方框里面
and succinctly show what you accomplished
列出你达到过的成就
in that little amount of space you have.
拿我的简历来说
Here’s an example from my own resume.
在大四期间
During my senior year,
我在大学研究院上班
I had a job on campus at a research department.
并被录用为网页开发者
And I got hired as a web developer
我确实维护了这个网站并且做了些更改
and I did maintain the website, I did make changes to it.
有一次
But at one point,
我有一个小的大概三个小时的项目
I also had a small, probably three hour
在项目里我创造了自动化测试脚本
project where I created an automation script that
最终节省了公司240小时的工作量
ended up saving the company about 240 hours of work.
由于每个小时的用人成本很高
And since people there weregetting paid about nice bucks
你可以算算这节约了多少钱
an hour, you can do the math on how much money that saved.
即使这个项目只
Now even though that project only
花了我几个小时
took me a few hours to do,
在招聘人眼里
in the eyes of a hiring manager,
这将是目前我做过的所有事中
it would have been by far the best indication
我解决问题的能力以及
of my creative problem solving abilities and my
在未来节省他们公司钱的能力
ability to save their company money in the future,
的最好的一件事情
out of anything I did there. Now,
你现在也许在思考
you might be thinkingto yourself right now,
我没有这种经验
“I don’t have a story like this,
也没为公司节省大量时间
“I haven’t saved a company a ton of hours
或者几千美元
“or thousands of dollars yet.”
但你的确有让你的成就
But what you do have,
变得尽量有形化 具体化
is the ability to make your achievements as concrete
并且为它们定量的能力
and as specific as possible,and to quantify them.
接下来看另外一个例子
To look at another example from my resume.
大三时 我是学校的学生咨询师
During my junior year, I was a resident advisor at my university.
我本可以写
And I could’ve just said,
“帮助一个社团更好地运行”
“ Helped to smoothly run a community of students,”
但是我写上了”62″位学生因为这是
but I put 62 students becausethat gives a more concrete
一个具体的 数字的例子关于我帮助了多少学生
and quantified example of howmany students I was managing.
第二个大的错误是打字错误和语法错误
Big mistake number twois, believe it or not,
信不信由你
typos and grammatical errors.
你也许会想
And you might be thinking,
“这明显是这种类型的视频里
“ This is the most obvious boring tip that could ever
最无趣的一个了”
“be on a video like this.”
但是这的确是正确的
But it needs to be said because I, myself,
因为我亲身经历过
have fallen victim to it.
在我大二的暑假
During the summer before my sophomore year, I
我在为职位招聘会做准备
was getting ready for the career fair and I
并制作了一份我认为是完美的简历
created what I thought was the perfect resume.
我展现了非常多的经验
I had a ton of experiences, tons of clubs,
非常多的俱乐部 非常多的兼职
tons of part time jobs that I could show off.
我当时在想”我将进入职位招聘会了”
I was thinking,”I’m gonnago into that career fair,
我要碾压所有的竞争对手
“and I am going to crushall the competition.” But,
但是 查看了所有的摊位后
to check off all the boxes,
我决定先让我的职业顾问帮我检查一下我的简历
I decided to get a resume review from my career counselor first. So,
我走进她的办公室
I go into her office, I
坐下来 我在想
sit down, and I’m thinking this is
这会是一个五分钟的会议
going to be a five minute meeting.
她将赞叹并说到
She’s going to give me a gold star
“托马斯
and say, “ Thomas, this was the
没有谁的简历比你的更棒了”
best resume I’ve ever reviewed!”
然而 她拿出一只红笔并开始做标记
But instead, she pulls out a red pen and starts marking stuff up.
当她在做标记时
And as she’s marking things,
我看见她在圈出我的打字错误
I start to see that she’s marking out typos.
这是我从未留意过的部分
Things that I did not catch myself.
而我那时却认为我的简历是完美的
And I thought my resume was perfect. So,
所以如果可以的话 把你的简历拿给职业顾问检阅一下
if you can, get your resume reviewed by your career counselor.
不然的话
And if you can’t,
你至少可以让某个你信任的人
at least have somebody that you trust, who isn’t you,
在你上交简历之前帮你检查一下
run over it before youstart handing it out.
因为我们校正他人的工作
Because we are always more scrutinizing and more
比校正自己的工作
careful when we’re proofreading someone else’s work
更仔细
than our own.
第三个大的错误是根据你所申请的职位
The third big mistake islisting all of your experience
你列出所有的经验都是按照时间顺序
in purely chronological orderinstead of it’s relevancy
而不是按照它们之间的关联性
to the position you’re applying to.
很多人认为应该
A lot of people think they’re actually
按时间顺序列出他们的经验
supposed to list their experience in chronological order.
但是你不应该这样做
But this is something that you shouldn’t do
因为你真的没有足够的时间
because you really don’t have a whole lot of
去吸引招聘人员的眼球
time to catch the recruiters eye.
所以你要先写下最关键的
So you wanna put the mostrelevant thing first.
实际上 Theladders.com的一项研究表明
In fact, according to astudy done by theladders.com,
招聘人员平均花六秒在一份简历上
recruiters spend anaverage of just 6 seconds
然后把这份丢进垃圾桶里
looking at a resume beforethrowing it into the trash
再接着看另外一份
and going to to the next one. So,
因此如果你是计算机科学专业
if you’re a computer sciencemajor applying for a job,
且上个暑假在软件公司实习
and last summer you did an internship in software
你在那里基本可以创造和发布软件
development where you literally built and shipped software,
但是在那之后
but then after that you just, like,
比如 你在Burger King上班
worked at Burger King during the year.
你一定要要把实习生的经历放在最前面
You definitely want to put that software development internship at the
因为计算机科学公司的招聘人员
top because a recruiter at a computer science company is not
不会太在意Burger King
going to care so much about Burger King.
现在你可以进此公司了
Now you can definitely go to far here,
这意味着这有一种被限制的平衡
which means that there is a balance that has to be struck.
实际上 我在20世纪中叶
In fact, I got an email from somebody
收到了来自某人的邮件
in their mid 20s recently who asked me
他问我将他们的十一岁时的传道旅行
if it would be
写在他们的简历里
a good idea to put a mission trip
是不是一个好的想法
they did when they were 11 years old on their resume.
就像我在回答他们时一样
And as I was trying to answer that persons question,
我想象我是查看他们简历
I imagined myself as the hiring director looking
的招聘人员
at that persons resume.
我能想到的只是
And all I could think of was that something
这件事情放在简历里
like that on a resume is gon na look like
就像在抓一根救命稻草
just grasping at straws.
我会想 为什么在你十五年之间
I’m gonna think,”Why isn’tthere anything else you’ve done
做过的所有事情里
“in the intervening 15years, that deserves to kick
只有这个被你写在简历里
“that thing off the resume.” Now,
也许他们不会聘请
maybe this doesn’t apply to
拥有过长期优秀的工作
people who have already had long and illustrious careers,
并有20页的CVs
who have 20 page CVs and tons of awards
以及大量个人奖项的申请者
on their shelf in their office.
但如果你期待一个初级职位
But if you are just lookingfor an entry-level position,
或你是初进职场的人
or you’re just a few years into your career,
那么时近是很关键的
then recency does matter.
第四个是普遍存在于学生当中的
The fourth big mistake thatis really common to students especially,
即 太过强调有偿工作
is placing tomuch emphasis on paid work.
大部分学生认为如果他们得不到薪水
A lot of students think that if they didn’t
那么工作就没意义
get paid for it, it doesn’t really count
就不属于职场经验
and it doesn’t belong in that experience section.
但请注意
But here’s the thing,
雇佣者不这样认为
employers don’t actually look at it that way.
也许你像罗恩·斯旺森一样
Maybe you’re like Ron Swanson.
从12岁开始就在采石场工作
You’ve been working in the quarry since you were 12 years
你有大量带薪的兼职
old and you have tons of part time jobs that you were
可以写在简历上面
paid for that you can put on your resume.
但很多学生都没有这种经历
But most students don’t havethat kind of experience.
大多数情况下 当学生开始找第一份工作时
For the most part, when students are looking fortheir first entry-level job,
他们没有很多带薪的工作
they don’t have a whole lot of paid work under their belt.
有薪水的工作通常是在赛百味快餐工作
And when they do, it’s oftenstuff like working at Subway,
或Flipping Burger快餐 或当收银员
or flipping burgers, orworking as a cashier.
当然是高贵的工作
Honorable work to be sure, but it
但这没有表明
often doesn’t exemplify the traits that recruiters
雇佣者期待的是更多技术活的特征
are looking for in more technical positions.
很多时候那些有过志愿服务 课外活动
But many times those same students have volunteer experiences,extracurriculars,
以及社团的学生获得的经验
and clubs where they didgain experience in what
正是招聘人员期待的
the recruiters are looking for.
如果那是你
And if that’s you,
你应该立马把这些经验写在经历那一栏的最上面
you should definitely put those experiences right at the top of your experience section.
不要把它们藏在社团和志愿活动一栏
Don’t hide them away in aclubs and volunteering section.
这便是最后的
And that brings us to our
一个大错误了
final big mistake on the list,
不要用相同的一份简历
which is using the same resume to apply
去申请每一个职位
for every single position you go for.
大错特错
This is a huge mistake.
再强调一下你只有六秒的时间
Because again, you’ve got just six seconds
吸引招聘者的眼球
to catch your recruiters eye.
所以确保更改你的简历
So make sure you’re tailoring your resume
再向你要申请的职位投递它
to every single position that you’re applying for.
如果你是个外向活泼的学生
If you’re an active student,
那你更可能拥有大量不同的经验和技能
then it’s more than likely you have a diverse set of experiences and skills.
所以当你申请这份职位时
So when you’re going fora position, ask yourself,
问问自己哪一个技能看起来
what are the exact skillsthat are gonna look the best
最有可能吸引招聘者
to a recruiter hiring for this position?
并且确保在一开始就展示出它们
And make sure you tailor your resume to show those things first.
如果你既有自由写作者的经验又有编码的经验
If you have both freelance writing experience and coding experience,
申请写作职位
then a writing job
与申请编码职位的简历是不一样的
is gonna take a differentresume than a coding job.
老实说 另外一个重要的要提及的事情是
And the other important thingto note here, to be honest,
用同份简历去申请每个职位
is that using the same resume to apply
是非常懒惰的表现
for every single job is downright lazy.
这也表示出 这是糟糕的简历
And it shows, which is bad,
因为老实说
because honestly one of the top qualities
其中一个招聘者期待的高品质
that recruiters across everysingle industry is looking for,
就是一个清晰的指示即
is a clear indication that this candidate
这个应聘者是出类拔萃的
is going to go above and beyond.
在这一点我还是有资格说的
And I can kinda weigh inhere myself at this point,
因为我有一个八人的团队了
because I actually haveeight people on my team now.
当我雇佣某个人时
And when I’m looking to hire somebody,
我认为的高品质有 工作道德
the top qualities in my mind are clear work ethic,
独自解决问题的能力
a clear ability to solveproblems independently,
以及文化适应
and culture fit.
如果没达到以上三点
If somebody doesn’t check those three boxes,
那他们的专业技能对我来说根本不重要
then their technical skills don’t really matter to me. And,
另一方面 如果他们达到了这三点
on the flip side, ifthey do check those boxes
并在专业技能上有一点点不足
and they have a slight deficiencyin the technical skills,
这也没有关心 因为我知道
that often doesn’t matterbecause I know as long as they’re
只要他们认真学习 他们就可以解决问题
a quick learner and can solve problems,
我可以在专业技能方面给他们培训
I can train them in those technical areas. Now,
现在提及下你们的简历
when it comes to your resume,
最好的展现你品质的方式是
the best way you’re going to demonstrate these qualities
用过去的成就来展现
is by letting your pastaccomplishments speak for themselves
确保你在经验那一栏非常清晰明确
by making sure that experience section shows off accomplishments
地写出了你的成就
in a very clear and specific way. But,
但是 把你修饰过的简历给公司
tailoring your resume to the company
并表现出你在申请的过程中
and showing that you put effortinto the application process
做出了很大的努力
goes a long way as well. Now,
现在应该说
that being said,
当你展现出更实有的品质时
when it comes to showing off those more intrinsic qualities,
你的简历就不是获得这份工作的最佳工具了
your resume is not thebest tool for the job. Honestly,
你和招聘者面对面互动
those are probably gon na come out most
也许就是面试成功与否的
in the interview when you have real face-to-face interaction
最重要的部分
with that hiring manager.
但是在面试开始前
But before the interview happens,
另外一个显示品质的好工具
another great tool for showing those qualities
就是拥有一个网站
is having a website.
如果你拥有自己的网站
If you have your own website, then you can
你就可以建立一个文件夹
build a portfolio that shows off your work in the
来展示你工作的方式
way that it was meant to be seen.
你可以展现出所有的细节
You can show it off
你也可以列出你过去使用的方法
in all its details and you can also show the process that you used,
这都表明了你的职业道德以及解决问题的能力
which shows your work ethic and your problem solving abilities.
这也是展现自己的一个自定义的响亮的方式
It also just gives you a much more customized and vibrant way
就像你在我的网站里看见的
to present yourself, as you can see from my website here,
这是我为什么会认为每一个有抱负的学生
which is why I think that every ambitious student
都应该拥有一个自己的网站的原因
should have their own website. Now,
如果你现在还是高中生
if you’re in high school or you’re
或者是大一新生
early on in college and you’re not ready to build
你还没有开始建立一个自己的网站的话
a website for yourself just yet, I do think that
我的确这样认为 你至少应该
you should, at the very least,
去申请拥有一个域名
go and secure your domain name.
我是很晚才得到Thomasfrank.com的
I was born just a bit toolate to get thomasfrank.com,
但是非常棒的是
but I was able to get myhands on thomasjfrank.com,
我可以运行它
which is pretty good.
你越早获得你的域名
And the earlier that you go and get your domain name,
别人越不可能
the less likely it’s gon na be that someone’s gon
在你之前得到这个机会
na go take it before you have the chance. Now,
当你准备好去获得域名的时候
when you are ready to go
获得它的最好的地方
secure that domain name, the best place
就是在Hover
to do it is over at Hover.
在Hover买域名是简单的
With Hover, buying adomain is easy, it’s quick,
这是最快最好的方式 没有大量烦人的销售人员
and best of all, it doesn’t involve a bunch of annoying upsells.
当提及到挑选域名时
When it comes to picking out that domain name, you
你有非常多的选择 因为它
have a ton of choice, as Hover has hundreds of
有上千的延伸 从有趣的例如.band.和.limo.
extensions ranging from the fun ones like.band and.limo.
传统来说 我们都喜欢例如.com和.me.
To the classics that we all know and love like.com and.me. Also,
你也可以拥有私人的域名邮箱地址
with Hover you can geta personalized email address
这可以加强你的专业风采
with your domain name, which can further boostyour professional presence.
如果你想 你甚至可以使用它
And if you want, you can even set it up
以便你可以直接
so that you can send and receive emails straight from your
在谷歌邮箱收发邮件
gmail inbox, which I’ve been doing for years
多年来我很喜欢这样做
and I absolutely love.
一旦你准备建立网站
And once you are ready to build that website,
Hovers的连接功能将允许你
Hovers connect feature will allow you to easily attach
轻易连接域名和多种不同的网站服务
your domain name to tonsof different web services,
包括Squarespace和Shopify
including Squarespace and Shopify. So,
如果你忘记了你的域名
if you do wan na go lock down that domain name,
那么回到hover.com/thomasfrank
then go over to hover.com/thomasfrank
前100这样做的人
and the first 100 people to
将会从他们的第一笔订单中
do so are gon na get 10 %
获得10%的折扣
off of their first order.
非常感谢Hover的赞助
Thanks so much to Hover for sponsoring this video and
并且帮助支持这个频道
helping to support this channel, and as always guys,
同样 感谢你们的观看
thank you so much for watching.
你可以在评论区分享
If there’s something I didn’t cover in
我在此视频中没有涉及到的
the video that you think would be helpful,
你认为有帮助的建议
definitely share it in the comments down below.
若喜欢该视频
And if you liked this video,
请在下面点赞支持
give it a like to support this channel.
你也能点击这里订阅 获得更多的新视频
You can also subscribe right there to get new videos every
或点击这里免费获得
single week, or go right there to get a free
一本我的有关如何获得更好的成绩的书
copy of my book on how to earn better grades.
如果你想要
If you want,
你也可以在这里查看我们最新的博客片段
you can also check out our latest podcast episode right there,
这是关于怎样成为一个更重要的人
which is on how to be abetter significant other. Or,
如果你都不想点击的话
if you don’t want to do
Youtube会随机抽取
any of those, Youtube has algorithmically selected a
一个视频供你观看
video for you to watch right there.
所以点击这里然后继续观看
So click it and keep on watching.
谢谢你们的观看
So thanks for hanging out today guys,
像平常一样 我们下周再见
and I will see you, as always, next week.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一起来让你的简历变得更加完美

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Stacey

审核员

审核员 AF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tdyZWbGWO0

相关推荐