未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
/* Error on https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@mdi/font@^3.0.0/css/materialdesignicons.min.css : Something went wrong: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 7000 milliseconds */ /* Error on https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/animate.css@^3.5.2/animate.min.css : Something went wrong: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 7000 milliseconds */
播放视频

让你拖延的 5 个原因

5 Reasons You Keep Procrastinating

For as long as human has been around, we’ve been masters at putting things off.
我们人类自从存在以来就一直是拖延大师
That report for school? It can wait.
那份学校报告?可以再等等
The mole next to your nipple? Sort it out later.
乳头旁边有颗痣?以后再处理吧
The looming climate crisis brought forth by the proliferation of fossile fuels
由化石燃料的扩散和大规模消费带来的
and mass consumption?
迫在眉睫的气候危机?
What is the rush?
急什么?
On a personal level, procrastination can keep us stuck in stagnant,
就我们个人而言 拖延症会让我们停滞不前
because it steals our time and energy.
因为它偷走了我们的时间和精力
Researchers estimate that the average person
据研究人员估计 普通人
loses 55 days to proscrastination each year,
每年因拖延症而失去55天
and it takes emotional toll as well.
这也会造成情感上的损失
When you procrastinate you enter a cycle of
当你拖延时 你会进入一个
guilt and disappointment that’s difficult to break.
难以打破的内疚感和失望感并存的循环中
You tell yourself “I’m gonna start that project tomorrow”.
你对自己说 “我明天就开始那个项目”
And then tomorrow comes and you would rather wait on hold
然后明天到了 你却宁愿花八个小时等待
with Comcast for eight hours, then get started.
Comcast的客服接电话 再开始干活
“Thank you for calling Comcast.
“感谢您致电Comcast
Please hold. We’ll be with you in just a moment.”
请稍等 我们马上就来”
So how do you actually put an end to this practice of perpetual self-sabotage?
那么 如何才能真正结束这无休止的自我懈怠呢?
Well, you can try all the planning strategies, productivities apps
你可以尝试世界上所有的规划策略 效率应用程序
and color-coded schedules in the world,
以及用颜色排列编码的时间表
but they won’t work
但是它们不会起作用
until you address the emotional triggers at the heart of procrastination.
除非你能解决拖延症核心的情绪诱因
When you break it down, there are really just five procrastination triggers
当你分解来看时 最常困扰我们的拖延症诱因
that get in our way most often,
实际上只有五个
and once you start to identify these triggers at their core,
一旦你确定了这些诱因的核心问题
you can finally stop putting things off
你就最终能够不再拖时间
and get that mole checked out.
而去把那颗痣好好检查一下
It’s probably nothing.
它可能并没有什么问题
The first trigger is fear, and its root.
第一个诱因是恐惧 以及它的根源
Procratination is a fear-based behavior.
拖延是一种基于恐惧的行为
When we have the urge to avoid tasks,
我们会有逃避任务的冲动
it’s because our brains are trying to keep us safe
因为我们的大脑试图使我们
from perceived threats.
远离所感知到的威胁以保证安全
In ancient human history, those who made too much noise
在古人类历史上 那些过于聒噪的人
were more likely to get cast out from their tribe,
更有可能被赶出他们的部落
and therefore more likely to die.
因此更有可能死亡
Today, many of the fears that we hold on to come from this place.
今天 我们所感到的恐惧大多来源于这一点
For starters, there is the fear of failure,
对新手来说 他们害怕失败
the fear of being judged, the fears of not living up to our expectations or others’,
害怕被评价 害怕达不到自己或他人的期望
the fear of messing up, the fear of disconformt,
害怕把事情搞砸 害怕不安
the fear of not knowing what to do next,
害怕不知道下一步该做什么
just to mention a few.
仅举这几例
While we may understand logically that
尽管从逻辑上我们可能明白
these aren’t real threats to our safety,
这些其实并未真的威胁到我们的安全
they still trigger the fight, flight or freeze response,
但是它们仍然会触发战斗或逃跑或冻结反应
so we avoid tasks like
所以我们就会回避诸如
they’re yesterday’s tuna sandwich.
去吃隔夜金枪鱼三明治这样的任务
Starting a procrastination log can be a great way
开始记录拖延日志是一个很好的方法
to help you keep track of these fears as they rise.
当恐惧感产生时 它可以帮助你追踪它们
Next time you find yourself putting off doing something,
下回当你发现自己又在某件事上拖延时
check in with yourself and try to unravel your own thought process.
记下它 并试着揭示自己的心路历程
What’s actual happening right now?
现在实际发生了什么?
What emotions are you experiencing?
你现在的情绪是什么?
What are you afraid will happen if you fail?
如果失败了 会发生什么你害怕的事?
Write it down
将它记录下来
and see if you can spot any patterns throughout your day.
看看你能否从中发现某种固定模式
Like the fact you are always putting off submitting your weekly report,
比如 你总是推迟提交你的周报
because Frank from accounting scares the hell out of you.
因为会计部的Frank把你吓坏了
And be honest, I don’t blame you.
老实说 我没有在责怪你
By better understanding these fears
通过更好地理解这些恐惧
we can begin to overcome them.
我们就能开始克服它们
Believe it or not,
不管你信不信
perfectionism might be the thing that’s holding you back.
完美主义可能是阻碍你前进的因素
And that’s procrastination trigger number two.
这是拖延症的第二个诱因
When it comes to perfectionists, there are actually 2 different types.
谈到完美主义者 实际上有两种不同的类型
You can either be an adaptive perfectionist,
你可能是一个适应性完美主义者
or a maladaptive perfectionist.
或是一个非适应性完美主义者
If you’re someone who takes pride in your work
如果你对自己的工作感到自豪
and gets reasonably obsessed about the details,
追求细节但又不失合理
then you are probably an adaptive perfectionist.
那么你可能是一个适应性完美主义者
And no, spending 14 weeks perfecting your podcast intro is not reasonable.
但是 花14周来完善你的播客介绍可不合理
Hey guys, and welcom back to the podcast.
嘿伙计们 欢迎回到播客
Hello Hello Hello
喂 喂 喂
Hey everybody. What’s going on?
大家好 最近怎么样?
Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo
哟 哟 哟 哟 哟
Hey there friends and welcome back.
嘿朋友们 欢迎回来
I’m Matt, and this… is a podcast.
我是Matt 这里是播客
Researchers Kevin Stultz and Jeffery Ashby
研究人员Kevin Stultz和Jeffery Ashby
define this type as a healthy perfectionist.
将这种类型的人定义为健康的完美主义者
It’s one who derives satisfaction from achievements earned through intense effort
这类人从通过努力获得的成就中得到满足感
without succumbing to harsh self-criticism.
他们不会屈服于严厉的自我批评
On the other hand,
而另一种情况
if you’re someone who feels the need to be in control of every aspect of your life and environment,
如果你对全面控制自身生活和环境的需求
often to the point where it stops you from starting or finishing your projects
甚至常常达到阻碍你开始或完成项目的程度
you’re likely a maladaptive perfectionist.
你很可能是一个非适应性的完美主义者
This very much describes my early years as a filmmaker.
这是我早年作为一名电影制作人的写照
Being an organized and displined person,
作为一个有组织有纪律的人
I’ve never really identified as a procrastinator.
我从来没有真正认为自己是一个拖延症患者
But a perfectionist, now that was a label that I can get behind.
但完美主义者是我可以接受的说法
I’d spend months working on a single client project
我会花几个月的时间在一个客户项目上
because I was afraid of getting feedback,
因为我害怕得到反馈
or I just was scared of what they might say.
或者说 我只是害怕他们的评价
I would often delay releasing personal projects
我经常会推迟发布个人项目
until I felt like they were quote unquote, perfect,
直到我觉得它们达到所谓完美
which never happened.
但这种情况从未发生过
So they would just sit there on my computer never to see the light of day.
所以它们就会留在我的电脑上 永不见天日
These days I found that there are a couple frameworks
这些天 我发现有一些准则
that help me to plow through perfectionism
可以帮助我克服完美主义
and they might help you as well.
它们也可能对你有帮助
First, you need to understand that when you’re striving for perfectionism,
首先 你需要明白 当你追求完美主义时
you’re working towards something that doesn’t exist.
你是在为着不存在的东西努力
But you know what does exist?
但你知道什么东西是存在的吗?
Good enough.
是足够好的东西
Set a realistic deadline
设定一个符合实际的截止日期
and commit yourself to making your project as good as possible up untill that date.
并承诺在此之前尽可能好好完成你的项目
You can still care about the details
你仍然可以关注细节
without letting them control your life.
但别让它们控制你的生活
Another thing that you might find helpful
另一件你可能会觉得有用的事情
is to give yourself permission
就是允许自己
to let the first version of anything you’re making, suck,
把你做的任何事情的初版都做得糟糕些
because it always does.
因为事实总是如此
When you put so much pressure on every pixel to be perfect or every sentence to be flawless,
当你强行要求每个像素或每个句子都完美无缺时
it’s gonna keep you stuck in a constant state of inaction.
它会让你陷入一种无所作为的常态
So do what film director Judd Apatow refers to as the vomit pass.
就像电影导演Judd Apatow所说的丑小鸭阶段那样
Just put somthing down onto the page.
只需要先把它们记录下来
You can always go back and fine tune it later.
你可以随时翻看并在以后对其调整
All right, so real quick, what, you…
好吧 所以先问一下 你……
If you gonna, if you subscribe…
如果你打算 如果你订阅了……
kind of hard… yea…
有点难讲……好吧……
So it started with…
它开始于…
a few…
一些…
You know there was very… you know…
你知道有很多…你知道…
Procrastination trigger number 3 is self-sabotage.
拖延症的第三个诱因是自我懈怠
Many of us go through lives feeling incapable
我们很多人在生活中都觉得自己没有能力
and unworthy of success.
也不配获得成功
And it’s usually pretty difficult to pinpoint
这通常很难准确描述
because it’s on a subconscious level.
因为它是在潜意识层面上的
I know avoiding success makes about as much sense as
我知道逃避成功的离谱程度就好比
ordering pizza and then telling the delivering driver that you don’t want it,
点了披萨后又告诉外卖小哥你不想要了
but people often procrastinate to sabotage their own progress
但人们常通过拖延时间来阻碍自己的进步
and to prove to themselves that they were right all along.
从而向他们自己证明 他们一直都是对的
Someone with behavior of self-sabotage might delay starting a project
有懈怠行为的人可能会在截止日期过了很久后
until well after the deadline,
才开始进行一个项目
and think to themselves,
然后他们会对自己说
see, I knew that I was a total failure.
看吧 我就是一个彻头彻尾的失败者
There are 2 ways that you could break out of the cycle.
你有两种方法来打破这个循环
First, understand that you do have value to bring to the world.
首先 你要明白自己确实可以为这个世界带来价值
If you’re feeling self-doubt,
如果你感到自我怀疑
it can be helpful to think about all the things that you’ve done right.
想想你做过的所有正确的事情 这会很有帮助
Think about the successes you’ve had, no matter how small,
想想你获得过的成功 无论它有多么小
and how far you’ve come since you first got started.
想想你从一开始到现在已经走了有多远
As corny as it sounds,
尽管这听上去是陈词滥调
a little bit self-love can go a long way.
但一点点自爱可以让你走得更远
And the second thing you can do
你能做的第二件事就是
is to actually stop thinking about yourself so damn much.
不要过于局限在思考自我上
Focus on your work.
专注于你的工作
Focus on the people that you’re creating it for.
把注意力集中在你为之服务的人身上
When you think about the impact your work could have outside yourself,
当你想到你的工作对你自身之外产生影响时
you can start to overcome those recurring practices of self-sabotage.
你就会开始克服那些反复出现的自我懈怠行为了
And then there’s overwhelm.
然后 破防是拖延症的第四个诱因
You know, when you’ve got 75 items on your to-do-list
你知道的 当你的待办事项清单上
all screaming out to be done,
有75件事都急着要完成
and you don’t even know where to start.
而你甚至不知道从哪里开始
And so you end up doing nothing at all.
于是你什么都不做了
Now this normally happens when the gap between where you are right now
这种情况通常发生在 你现在的成就
and where you wanna be feels so far away.
距离你想要达到的目标还很遥远的时候
And you’re so impatient, that you wanna be there yesterday.
而你的耐心少到恨不得昨天就已达到
Reaching your goal seems so distant, it feels like so much work
实现你的目标似乎很遥远 你感觉有太多工作要做
that you can’t even begin to think about how to take that first step.
以至于你甚至都不知道如何迈出第一步
But the solution is really simple.
但解决方案其实很简单
You need a plan with a reasonable timeline.
你需要一个合理的计划时间表
You can start by breaking down your large goals into smaller more manageable tasks,
你可以先把你的大目标分解成更容易管理的小任务
and then spread them out over a long period of time.
然后把它们分配在很长的一段时间内
Sure, you might not be able to tackle 75 tasks today,
当然 你今天可能无法完成75项任务
or reach your goals by the end of the month.
或者你无法在月底达到你的目标
But can you get 2 or 3 really important tasks
但是 你能在接下来的几周内
done each day for the next couple weeks?
每天完成两到三项真正重要的任务吗?
Consistency is the key to making progress towards your goals.
坚持不懈是你朝着目标前进的关键
If you put in just a little bit of time each day,
如果你每天都花一点时间
you’ll be surprised at how much growth you’ll see over the course of a year.
你会惊讶地发现一年之内你成长了这么多
Can you say, slow growth?
你能说 这是缓慢增长吗?
So this video is brought to you by Squarespace.
本期视频由Squarespace赞助提供
So let’s say that you’re a professional procrastinator
假设你是一名专业的拖延症患者
and you want to start a business where you’re teaching people how to slack off.
你想创办一家教人们如何偷懒的公司
Not an easy message to land,
这并非易事
but with Squarespace, you’re in good hands.
但有了Squarespace 你会得到很好的帮助
First thing you wanna do is find a catchy domain name.
你要做的第一件事就是 取一个引人注目的域名
This one feels a bit dirty for some reason,
这个名字感觉有点贱贱的
but hey, do you?
但是 就还挺符合你的 对吧?
Next, you want to choose from one of hundreds of beautiful templates.
接下来 你需要从数百个漂亮的模板中进行选择
This one looks perfect.
这个看起来很完美
Or should I say, good enough.
或者我应该说 足够好
Then you can easily drag and drop your logo, photos, and graphics.
然后 你可以轻松地拖放你的商标 照片和图形
And add some quippy copy with just a couple clicks.
只需点击几下即可添加一些俏皮的文案
Naturally, you’ll procrastinate doing all this for weeks
你当然会拖延数周的时间来做这些
but that’s because you take your work seriously.
但那是因为你认真对待你的工作
Now I personally like to keep things simple,
如今我个人喜欢把事情简单化
but with Squarespace you can get everything,
但通过Squarespace 你可以获得任何内容
from schedule post to detailed analytics and e-commerce stores.
从日程安排到详细分析以及电子商务商店
Visit squarespace.com today for a free trial.
今天就访问squarespace.com以获得免费试用
And when you’re ready to launch
当你准备建立网站时
go to squarespace.com/martdavella
请登录squarespace.com/martdavella
to save 10% of your first purchase of a website or domain.
为你首次购买网站或域名节省10%的费用
So if you’re looking to build a website for yourself,
所以 如果你想为自己建立一个网站
use the link down in the description below.
请点击下方简介中的链接
Thank you so much to Squarespace for sponsoring this video.
非常感谢Squarespace对本期视频的赞助
And thanks to you for thinking of them,
也感谢你考虑使用它们
because that helps to support this channel.
因为这有助于支持本频道
The final trigger is actually more of a question than anything else.
最后一个诱因与其说是别的什么 倒不如说是个问题
Are you procrastinating? Or are you exhausted?
你是犯拖延症了?还是你累了?
Many of us put pressure on ourselves
我们很多人都给自己施加压力
to do more, to be more
要求自己做得更多 变得更好
and to fit just one more commitment into each day.
并每天都多增加一项承诺
But if you feel so mentally drained and exhausted
但如果你感到精神上已疲惫不堪
that you can’t bring yourself to face the tasks,
以至于你无法让自己面对这些任务
your mind and body might actually be trying to tell you to take a break.
你的大脑和身体可能实际上在试图告诉你休息一下
So how do you know if you’re tired or just lazy?
那么 如何判断你是累了或只是懒惰呢?
Just check in with your physical state.
检查一下你的身体状况就行
If it feels more like a mental block,
如果它感觉上更像是一种心理障碍
say you’re bored.
比如你觉得无聊
The task makes you want to throw your computer out the window.
或这个任务使你想要将电脑扔出窗外
You’d rather be eating cheese puffs in a onesie.
或你宁愿穿着连体衣吃奶酪泡芙
Then you’re probably procrastinating.
那么你可能就是在犯拖延症
But, if you’re feeling physically exhausted,
但是 如果你感到身体疲惫
as in you’ve got brain fog, heavy eyes and deep fatigue,
比如 脑雾 睡眼朦胧和深度疲劳
then chances are you’re actually working too hard.
那么很有可能是你工作得太辛苦了
You’re not procrastinating, you’re just burnt the f**k out.
你不是在拖延 你只是精疲力竭了
And that’s a sign that you should start to slow down.
这是一个信号 表明你应该开始慢下来
Clear your schedule, and take a few days off.
清空你的日程安排 休息几天
Take a couple personal days or call out sick if you have to.
休几天假 必要的话就请病假
Just give yourself permission to detach from your work for a change.
允许自己从工作中抽身出来调整一下
So there’s one thing that I want to leave you with.
有一件事我想让你知道
If you find yourself falling into the sweet sweet comforting arms of procrastination,
如果你发现自己陷入了拖延症的温柔乡中
there is one thing you can do right now,
你现在可以做一件事
and that’s forgive yourself.
那就是原谅你自己
In a 2012 study,
在2012年的一项研究中
research found that people prone to procrastination actually
研究发现 有拖延倾向的人实际上
showed lower levels of self-compassion and higher levels of stress.
表现出较低的自我同情水平和较高的压力水平
And another study of Carleton University,
卡尔顿大学的另一项研究
found that people who could be more self forgiving about failures,
发现那些对失败更能原谅自己的人
experienced less procrastination later on.
在之后经历的拖延也更少
So the next time that you find yourself procrastinating,
所以下次你发现自己拖延的时候
cut yourself some slack.
让自己放松一下
After all, you’re human,
毕竟 你是人
and this is what we’ve been doing for thousands of years.
而拖延是我们几千年来一直在做的事情

By accepting and forgiving yourself for procrastinating,
通过接受和原谅自己的拖延
you can actually help to break the endless cycle of shame and guilt,
这实际上可以帮助你打破羞耻感和内疚的无尽循环
and be more likely to get back on track.
从而更有可能使你回到正轨
And hey, maybe you’ll finally get that mole checked out.
嘿 也许你终于可以去查查那颗痣了
But again, it’s probably nothing. You probably check it out.
但同样 它可能什么事也没有 你只是需要检查一下

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

当你面对工作或者学习任务时是否已经习惯了拖到最后一天才来完成?又或是直接错过提交日期?如果你的回答是“yes”,说明你可能是有拖延症了!想要知道为什么会拖延?那就跟随视频看看让你拖延的五个诱因吧!

听录译者

鱼尾

翻译译者

Pupu喵

审核员

审核员KN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwY3Q1e8DZE

相关推荐