ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

做这些事,会不经意地扼杀你的工作效率? – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

做这些事,会不经意地扼杀你的工作效率?

5 Non-Obvious Things That Are Killing Your Productivity

嗨 各位最近过得怎么样呀
Hey, what is going on, guys.
我们在之前的视频里已经介绍过许多容易察觉
So on this channel, we have covered lots of not-so-subtle
且非常常见的效率缺陷
and pretty obvious productivity flaws
这些是许多人都羞于有的
that a lot of us are guilty of having.
比如工作时总是忍不住分心等诸如此类的事
Things like constantly getting distracted multitasking, all that kind of stuff,
但今天我将谈五件
but today, I wanna talk about five things
你们可能正在做的的事情
that you may be doing
它们就跟之前介绍的那些显而易见的事情那样
that are subtly and secretly killing your productivity
在不知不觉中扼杀着你的效率
just as surely as all those obvious things.
实际上 这个视频也可以叫做
An alternate title for this video, to be quite honest, could be
做这五件事 我正在扼杀我的效率
Five Things That I Am Doing That Are Killing My Productivity,
因为这个视频是那种我坐下
because this is sort-of a video we sat down
写点东西给我自己或者朋友
and wrote to me and a couple of good friends,
或者我随口问朋友
and I just kind-of asked them like
做哪些事情让我效率变低了呢 这种类型的视频
“What do I do that makes me a less productive person?”
首先我们要说的第一点
And the first thing we’re gonna talk about here is probably
可以说是我完美主义的职业生涯
my number one flaw when it comes to my professional life,
中的第一个瑕疵
which is perfectionism.
我做事往往会瞻前顾后
I constantly overthink things
而且我经常会
and I have this tendency to wanna
在一件事上反反复复纠结
tweak things again, and again, and again,
如果不加以遏止而我又对其默许的话
and if this went unchecked and I was allowed to do this,
我可能就什么视频都发布不了了
I would probably never actually publish anything,
实际上 大约在五年前
and actually, for a really long time,
在很长的一段时间里
about five years ago,
我的事业停滞不前长达一年半的时间
my business stagnated for about a year and a half,
其中一部分的原因就是
and part of the reason for this was that
我对发布日期没有一个严格的时间表
I didn’t have myself on a strict publishing schedule,
也就等于默许自己
so I would allow myself to
花费数月的时间对一个视频修修补补
just kind-of tinker for months on one project
而一直不去发布它
without actually getting it out.
之后大约在2014年8月
And then, around August of 2014,
也就是我真正开始做YouTube视频时
right around the time I actually started doing YouTube,
我制定了一个严格的发布时间表
I put myself on a strict publishing schedule.
并告诉自己 我每周都要发一集播客
I told myself, “I am going to put out one podcast episode,
一个视频 还有一篇博客帖子
one video, and one blog post every single week,
无论它们是否完美
regardless of whether or not they are perfect.”
之后我的事业真的有了起色
and as a result, my business actually started to grow.
这样做的另一个很大的益处是
And another huge benefit to doing this was that
在我发布了十到二十个左右视频后
after I published 10 or 20 videos,
这些视频没有一个是完美的
none of which were perfect,
但是它们都按照时间表准时地上传了
but all of which were actually published in a timely manner,
我开始意识到
I started to realize that
我眼中的完美是
my view of perfection was something that
不可能在一开始的时候就能达到的
I could have never attained at the start.
而这个观点 即在工作过程中通过大量的练习 随着时间的推移
And this whole idea of doing a lot of work to gain skills over time,
在学习和犯错中获得技能
through learning and through mistakes,
使我想起了《艺术与恐惧》中的一个故事
is reminiscent of a story in the book “Art and Fear”
一个陶艺老师将他的班级分成两部分
about a ceramics teacher who divided his class in two.
其中一半学生被告知
One half of the class was told that
他们的成绩将由单个陶罐作品的质量决定
they would be graded on the quality of a single pot,
而另一半则被告知
while the other half of the class was told that
成绩将会由他们制作的陶罐
they would be graded on the quantity of pots
的重量决定
that they created by weight.
课程结束时 有趣的事情发生了
And something interestinghappened at the end of that class.
所有客观来说最好的陶罐都来自
All of the objectively best pots that came out of the class
重量决定成绩的一组 而非质量组
were created by the quantity group and not the quality group.
看 当质量组的人花费大量时间
See, while the people in the quality group spent so much time
在理论上研究如何做出完美的陶罐的时候
theorizing about what would make the perfect pot,
重量组的人真正把时间花在动手实践上
all the people in the quantity group spent time actually making pots,
随着时间的推移 他们在犯错的过程
and through making mistakes over time,
取得了质量组通过纯理论研究想要获得
they got better than the quality group could have ever hoped
却没有达到的成绩
to get through pure theory alone.
所以 如果你像我一样
So, if you’re like me,
在工作中受到完美主义的困扰
if you struggle with perfectionism in your work,
那就为自己制定一个时间表吧
then put yourself on a schedule.
给你的项目设定一个截止日期
Give your projects deadlines
而你必须要在这之前实现它
where you have to put them out into the world
或干脆放弃 转向下一个项目
or put them away and move onto the next one.
好的 我要讲的下一个不良习惯
Alright, so the next bit of dirty laundry that I’m gonna air out here is
我喜欢把它叫做组织里的污泥
what I like to call organizational sludge.
它们可以是你工作列表里
These are the tasks in your task management system
超期两周
that haven’t gotten done,
都还没有完成的工作
that have been overdue for two weeks.
它们可以是你办公桌上或收件箱里
They’re the stuff that’s been laying on your desk
经过数周都还没有处理的事件
or in your inbox for weeks that you haven’t processed yet.
一般来说 你办公的组织系统和区域
Basically, over time, any organizational system or area in which you do your work
会一点一点变乱 就那么一点一点地
is gonna get a little bit messy, just bit-by-bit,
直到最终损害你的效率
until it starts to sap your efficiency.
就像温水煮青蛙的故事一样
It’s kind-of like that story of the frog sitting in slowly boiling water,
不过说实话 这个故事是真实的吗
which, actually, is that true?
上升的音乐
(upbeat music)
键盘敲击声
(keyboard clicking)
好吧 当然不是 但它的喻指依然是站得住脚的
Okay, it’s definitely not true, but the metaphor still holds.
在这个故事中 青蛙会麻木于
In this story, the frog isbasically a-okay with the water
慢慢上升的水温中 直到死去
as it gets hotter, and hotter,and hotter until it dies,
你的组织系统也是如此
and it’s the same with yourorganizational systems.
事情开始变得不妙的时候你可能都意识不到 直到随着时间的推移
You don’t realize that thingsare getting kind-of crusty over time
你的效率真正开始下降时你才意识得到
until you start really losing efficiency.
所以 我的做法是设定一个整理日
So, what I like to do ishave an organizational day
每周有一天 我会检视自己的系统
every single week where I look at my systems,
包括任务列表
I look at my task management system,
日历 我的房间
I look at my calendar, I look at my room,
收件箱 背包 然后问自己
my inbox, my backpack, and I ask myself,
“怎样让它们回到易用的状态”
“How can I reset thisback to a usable state?”
我要说的第三件事是
Alright, item number three on my list is
从过多的渠道获取灵感
taking inspiration from too many sources,
无论是通过网络 作者 还是其他渠道
either online, or authors, or whatever it may be.
这是真正困扰我的事
And this is something I really struggle with.
例如
So, for example,
我喜欢在Instagram和YouTube
on of the people I love following on Instagram and YouTube,
或其他地方关注的一个人是加里·维纳查克
and in many other places, actually,is Gary Vaynerchuk.
我从他身上获取了很多灵感
I take a lot of inspiration from him
我视他为值得尊敬的创造者
and I really look up to him as a creator.
但同时 我也很喜欢
But at the same time, I also really like
彼得·迈金农 丽莎·科谢 和卡尔·纽波特
people like Peter McKinnon, and Liza Koshy, and Cal Newport,
这样将大量时间和艺术精力投入到
people who put a lot of time and artistic energy
一样作品上 用大量时间精雕细琢的人
into singular pieces of work that take a really long time to produce.
我非常欣赏这样的人
So, I’m admiring these people over here
并且在努力成为他们中的一员
and I’m striving to be like them,
但另一方面
but on the other hand,
加里告诉我 我需要每一天
I’ve got Gary telling me I need to put out more content,
发表更多内容
content every single day.
在Instagram Snapchat Musically
Put stuff on Instagram, andSnapchat, and Musically,
和YouTube上 我不能两者兼顾 这就是问题所在
and YouTube, and I can’t doboth, and that’s the problem.
我在网络上关注这些人
I’m following all these people online
并且认为自己可以同时成为像他们那样的人
and I feel like I can be like all of them,
但当我真正沉下心来思考才发现
but when I step back andI really think about it,
加里·维纳查克很成功
Gary Vaynerchuk is very successful,
丽莎·科谢很成功
Liza Koshy, very successful,
卡尔·纽波特也很成功
Cal Newport, very successful,
但加里·维纳查克没有卡尔·纽波特的人生
but Gary Vaynerchuk does not have the life of Cal Newport.
他没有在计算机科学上做原创性的研究
He’s not doing new and original research into computer science,
同样 卡尔·纽波特也没有把时间花在
and by the same token, Cal Newport is not spending his time
制作精良的搞笑视频上
making incredibly polished comedy videos.
他从事教学工作 写书
He’s teaching students, he’s writing books,
同时他还做研究
and he’s doing research,
但他没有建立一个Snapchat帝国
and he’s definitely not building a Snapchat empire.
因此最后 我需要明白的是
So, at the end of the day, I need to realize that
我只能真正精通于一件事
I could really only be great at one,
或最多是一小类事情
or at most, a very small group of things.
而不能同时擅长所有事
I can’t be just as good at everything
就像我在网上关注的人一样
as all the people I’m following online are,
因为他们已经有了确定的人生轨道
because they’ve kind-of chosen their lanes
并坚持前行
and they’re staying in them,
如果我想在事业上取得成功 也必须要这么做
and I kind-of have to do the same if I wanna keep doing really good work.
在我们讲下一个问题之前
And before we move on to the next item,
我真的非常想提到的另一个与此相关的问题是
I do really wanna mention that another very related point here is that
尽力去取悦每一个人是非常简单的
it’s very easy to try to please everyone,
但在你尝试去取悦非常非常多的人而他们又有着不一样的口味时
and when you’re trying to please too many people, people who have lots of different desires,
你将会把自己搞得焦头烂额
you’re gon na spread yourself too thin,
就像你被众多影响因素所摆布一样
just as you would if you were trying to follow too many influences.
所以 无论你做的是什么工作
So, whatever the kind of work you’re doing is,
请记住 在一天结束的时候
remember that at the end of the day,
你才是有着最终权利来决定你前行的方向的人
you are the ultimate authority as to the direction that it should go in.
那么 清单中的第四件事情是
Alright, item number four on our list is
请相信你是规则的一个例外
believing that you are the exception to the rule.
什么是规则呢?
What is the rule?
规则或许是
Well, the rule might be
你每晚必须睡7个小时
you need to sleep seven hours a night,
或者在你用电脑写报告时必须要
or you need to close all of your tabs,
关掉你的网页 不再懈怠
and slack, and your instant messenger
远离即时通讯
when you’re writing a paper on your computer.
又或者 就像我们就上一个点所讨论的那样
Or, like we just talked about in the previous tip,
你又不可能
that you can’t be just as great as
像你喜欢的所有网上的人一样
all the diverse online influences that you follow.
同样的 这也是我的一个大毛病
And again, this is a huge problem for me.
我管理着一个自我提升类的频道
I run a self-developmentchannel,
不断地告诫跟别人 如果你有想追求的目标的话
and I constantly tell people that you have to focus, that you can only be great
那你必须全神贯注
if you have a few objects that you’re pursuing,
对我自己
tell myself, or at least, like,
又总是有一小部分心在喊着
there’s this little part of my brain that constantly tells me,
虽说如此 但你是例外啊
“Yeah, but you’re the exception.”
只要你在这想出最有效率的学习方法
“You can do all thosethings,
你就能做到所有这些事了
as long as you figure out the most efficient learning techniques out there,
你有能力完成所有这些事
you can do them because you’re good enough.”
这是不对的 这只是自欺欺人
And that’s not true, that’s just self-dellusion.
这只是我的幻想 妄想让它能成真
That’s just me fantasizing and trying to turn it to reality,
是徒劳的
and that’s a fruitless pursuit.
所以 无论是我把自己搞得焦头烂额的问题
So, whether it’s my particular problem of spreading myself too thin,
还是自认为自己可以工作一整晚的问题
or it’s believing that you could pull and all-nighter,
那都是不对的 你不大可能会是那个例外
realize that no, you are most likely not the exception,
无论你想做什么事
and that you should probablyfollow the established best practices
你最好还是跟随前人的经验
for whatever you’re trying to do.
这个就带来了我们今天所要提到的最后一个问题
And that brings us to our final subtle productivity killer,
即拒绝学习而允许自己工作上的拖延
which is the refusal to acknowledge and adapt to delays in your work.
这就是我朋友马丁最大的困扰了
This is actually something that my friend Martin said was an issue for him,
但当他在车里跟我聊起这个问题的时候
but when he said it in the car when were talking about it,
我意识到这也是困扰我的一个问题
I realized that this is also an issue for me.
通常 当我计划着做某件事的时候 我会拖延一段时间
Essentially, when I plan to do something and I hit a delay,
或者是突然想起要做别的事而打断了这件事
or something comes up and interrupts my work,
或者是花费了比计划要长的时间来完成
or takes longer than expected,
然后第二天 我经常会在醒来的时候
the next day, I’ll often wake up
自己欺骗自己
and sort-of trick myself into believing that
我能把所有昨天没有做完的事都做完
I can do everything that didn’t get done from the day before,
而且还能做掉今天计划要完成的事
while still doing everything that was planned for today.
马丁把这个问题处理得非常好
And Martin put it really well.
他说 你必须要认识到
He said, “You have to realize that
如果你的工作耽搁了的话
if you have a delay in your work,
那你要从你停下的地方重新开始
then where you are right now is your new starting point.”
不要管你心里可能冒出的那些念头
Regardless of what you may tell yourself,
你不可能即做完昨天的事又完成今天的工作
you can’t do everything from the day before and all of today’s stuff.
如果你昨天都做不完这件事的话
If you didn’t get it done yesterday,
你又怎能寄希望于今天呢?
why do you think today is going to be any different?
这不是指你不应该努力工作
Now, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t work hard
而尽力赶上进度
and try to catch up if you can,
但问题是 大多数的我们会在赶不上进度
but the problem is, a lot of us beat ourselves up
的时候责怪自己
when we can’t catch up like this,
最后导致自己越落越多
and then we end up just getting further and further behind.
所以 不如变通一点吧
So, instead, try to be flexible.
接受自己的新起点 调整计划重新开始
Adapt to your new starting point, rework your plan, and move forward.
另外 如果你工作的耽搁是因为你的拖延症
Additionally, if the delay was caused by your own procrastination,
或者效率低下的话
or some productivity failing on your part,
也别责怪自己
don’t beat yourself up about that, either.
当你犯了第一个错误的时候 就如詹姆斯 克利尔所说
Consider that the firstmistake, and as James Clear would say,
那么你所想避免的就将是第二个错误
“What you want to avoid is the second mistake,
第一个只是一个开始
the one that starts a trend.”
只要你能亡羊补牢回归正途继续前行
As long as you can hop back up in the proverbial horse and keep riding,
那第一个错误就不会给你带来更多的损失了
then that one mistake isn’t really gonna hurt you in the long run.
毕竟 犯错是成长历程中不可或缺的一个部分
After all, making mistakesis an essential part of growth,
只要我们能找出犯错的原因并加以改正
as long as we can pinpoint what caused the mistake and learn from it.
说到犯错 没有比数学和科学领域
And speaking of mistakes,nowhere is that point
更看重准确性的了
more true than the realmsof math and science.
要想掌握这两门学科 不犯大量的错误不经过无数的练习
These are two disciplines where mastery is nearly impossible
是几乎不可能的
without tons of failure and its associated learning.
如果你想要在这两个领域有更深的造诣的话
And if you’re somebody who wants to get better in these fields,
不妨访问Brilliant
then you should absolutely check out Brilliant.
Brilliant是一个教授数学 科学和计算机
Brilliant is a learning platform that takes and incredibly active approach
的平台
to teaching math, science, and computer science,
如果你看完他们关于逻辑学
and throughout their courses on topics like logic,
或然率 微积分学 引力物理学 太阳能
and probability, and calculus, gravitational physics, and solar energy,
或者计算机科学如算法和机器学习(能力)的课程
and computer science topics like algorithms and machine learning,
你将发现自己将置身于各种具有挑战性的问题中
you’ll find yourself thrown immediately into challenging problems
这不仅能提高你对这门学科的乐趣
that not only boost your interest in the subject,
还能给你一些你立马就能全身心投入的事
but immediately give you something to sink your teeth into,
这些事能让你所学的知识
something to which you can actually apply all the concepts
非常快地就应用于实际
you’re learning really, really quickly.
这种教学方法意味着
This approach to teaching this material means that
你不需要花费大量的时间听讲
you’re not spending a ton of time in lectures
也不需要艰难地学习相关基础知识
or wading through introductory material.
你直接进入主题的核心
You get right to the heart of the subject,
然后因此学习地非常高效率
and as a result, you learn more effectively.
所以 如果你对学习更多的数学
So, if you are interested in learning more about math,
科学 计算机科学方面的知识感兴趣
or science, or computer science,
而你又想免费学习它们同时支持我的频道
and you wanna start learning for free and support this channel,
那么进入brilliant.org/thomasfrank吧
then head on over to brilliant.org/thomasfrank,
链接在视频下方的简介里
which you’ll find in the description down below,
如果你是前83个通过该链接注册的人的话
and if you’re among the first 83 people to sign up with that link,
你将获得20%的年卡折扣
you’re also gonna get 20 percent off of your annual subscription.
非常感谢Brilliant对本视频以及该频道
I’m gonna give a huge thanks to Brilliant for sponsoring this episode
的赞助和支持
and helping to support this channel,
最后老规矩 谢谢各位的观看
and as always, guys, thank you so much for watching.
如果你喜欢这个视频 不妨点个赞哦
If you enjoyed this video, then a like is appreciated.
你还可以点击订阅
You should also click right there to subscribe
这样你就不会错过我们的更新了
so you don’t miss out on new videos when they come out,
你可能还想获得我新书“如何取得更好成绩”
and you might also wanna grab a free copy of my book
的免费副本
on “How to Earn Better Grades” right there.
或者 你可能想看我们的最新的
Additionally, you might wanna check out our latest podcast episode
关于如何做一个精彩的演讲的视频
on how to give a killer speech right over here,
那么你可以通过手机屏幕
or you can watch one other video on this channel
来看我们频道的其它视频 同以往一样 就在这里
by smashing your face into your phone screen, as always, right here.
谢谢各位的观看
Thanks for watching, guys,
我们下期视频再见
and I will see you in the next one.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

做这五件事会损害你的效率

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

见我应如是

审核员

审核员YX

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2h2bPQ4rNU

相关推荐