ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

9. 五个激发意志力的技巧 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

9. 五个激发意志力的技巧

5 LIFE HACKS That Will MOTIVATE You To Do ANYTHING

这里是“激励胶囊”
Improvement Pill here.
欢迎收看《自我驯服》第九节课
Welcome to lesson 9 of the Tamed course.
我们在上一节课中讲到
In our previous lesson, we spoke about three biological factors
有三个生物学因素会影响意志力的补充
that affect how we recharge our levels of willpower throughout the day.
我知道很多人一定以为
Now I’m sure a lot of you guys were under the assumption
我们的意志力主要受到这些因素的影响
that these factors are responsible for the majority of our willpower,
事实上 科学界长久以来都是这样认为的
and this was in fact the assumption of the entire scientific community for a long period of time.
可是近期研究表明 这些生物学因素
However recent studies are point to the fact that these biological factors
可能不如我们原先以为的那么重要
may not be as important as we once thought they were.
我们一整天的意志力当中
Instead of being responsible for something like…
只有30%受到这些因素的影响
70% of our willpower throughout the day,
没有70%那么多
it’s likely that these factors are only responsible for something like 30%.
对意志力起到更大作用的
Chances are what goes on in our head
很可能是我们脑子里的想法
plays a much bigger role in regards to our levels of willpower,
我们今天要谈的就是这个
and that’s what we’re gonna talk about today:
下面的五种心理因素 不仅让你更有动力
five psychological factors that will make you more motivated,
还能增加你的意志力
and increase your levels of willpower,
更能防止你陷入自我消耗的状态
and keep you out of a state of ego depletion.
第一个方法叫做“分块”
The first is something called “chunking”.
分块的一个最好的例子
One of the best examples of chunking
来自一名世界级魔术师 大卫·布莱恩
comes from one of the world’s greatest magicians, David Blaine.
布莱恩以挑战耐力的特技而闻名
Blaine is well known for his stunts of endurance.
有一次 他被困在一块冰里超过63个小时
He once spent over 63 hours encased in a block of ice,
这场表演需要多少意志力 可想而知
and you can only imagine how much willpower that required.
为了让演出成功 布莱恩用分块的方法
Blaine managed to pull this off by using chunking
给自己提供了持续的意志力
to create a constant supply of willpower.
所谓分块 就是把一项巨大的任务
Chunking is when you take a large task
分解成一小块一小块的小任务
and you break it down into tiny tiny pieces.
布莱恩想留在冰里至少60个小时
For Blaine, instead of focusing on the total amount of hours
但他不是去关注这段时间有多长
he wanted to spend in this block of ice, which was at least 60 hours,
而是把它分成一小时的时段
he broke it down to the hour.
他会告诉自己 “再熬过一小时就行了”
He would tell himself, “Okay, I just need to make it through the next hour”,
然后重复这样做
over and over again.
这种方法很有效
The reason this works is because
因为大脑天生就会尽量有效地分配意志力
our brain is designed to be as efficient with our willpower as possible,
这是为了节约精力
in order to conserve energy.
实际上 我们具备了近乎无限的意志力
We actually have an almost unlimited amount of willpower,
但是有时大脑会告诉我们
but we all have a point in time where our brain says,
“不行 你今天意志力不够了 不能再给你了“
“Nope, you’ve used enough, that’s all you’re getting for today.”
因此 面对重要任务时 大脑就会说
So when presented with a momentous task, your brain says,
“不行 任务太艰巨了 我们办不到
“Nope, we can’t do this task, it’s way too big,
因为意志力不够用了”
we don’t have enough willpower to do it.”
但是进行分块的时候
But when you’re using chunking,
你每次只需要关注任务的一小部分
and you focus your attention on one small piece at a time,
这样大脑就会告诉你 “这是做得到的
then your brain says, “Hey, you know we could do this.
再给你点意志力”
Here’s some extra willpower.”
所以我在之前的一节课中提到
And that’s why in one of our previous lessons, I mentioned
我们养成习惯时 必须设定低门槛
that we need to set a low bar when creating our routines.
也就是我们允许自己付出的最少的努力
By setting a low bar, which is the minimum amount of work we’re allowing ourselves to do,
设定低门槛 就是在用分块获取多点意志力
we’re basically using chunking to get a little bit of extra willpower,
足以强迫自己维持习惯
just enough to force ourselves to stick to our habits.
在日常生活中 分块要怎样进行呢?
So how can we use this in our day-to-day lives?
与其要求自己现在就把五页的论文写完
Well, instead of telling yourself that you’re gonna finish that five page paper right now,
不如每次只完成一个段落
you’re actually gonna get more willpower,
这样就能增加意志力和动力
feel more motivated and get more done,
而且你完成的工作也会更多
if you tell yourself you’re gonna finish a single paragraph at a time.
此外 分块也能提升我们的信心
On top of that, chunking also increases the amount of confidence we have.
信心是第二个影响意志力水平的心理因素
Confidence is the second psychological factor that influences our levels of willpower.
你对某个任务的信心越强
The more confident you are about a task,
你所需要的意志力就越少
the less willpower it will require.
假设你想减掉20磅(18.1斤)
Let’s say that you want to lose 20 pounds.
如果我在街上问路人 他们对此有多少信心
If I asked random strangers on the street how confident they were about this,
大多数人会说 他们完全没有信心
most people would say that they weren’t confident at all.
但若是使用分块 将20磅的目标减到一磅(0.9斤)
However, if we use chunking and we cut this down to just one pound,
大多数人会说 “这个应该做得到吧”
most people would say, “yeah I could do it.”
信心是通过小胜利获得的
Confidence is all about the small wins.
只要关注小小的里程碑
By paying attention to small milestones,
你对最终目标就会更有信心
you actually become more and more confident towards your end goal.
你会开始相信你真的做得到
You start believing that you can actually do it.
你可以用小胜利来建立信心
A great way to build confidence using small wins
追踪成长就是个好方法
is by tracking your growth.
假如你想减重
For example, if you’re someone who wants to lose weight,
一个有效的做法 就是下载一个健身应用
it’s very effective to download an app like My Fitness Pal
它能让你追踪进度
that allows you to track your progress.
追踪体重时 如果看到体重慢慢变轻
By tracking your weight and slowly watching your weight drop,
你的信心就会提升
this boosts your confidence,
而且回健身房 维持饮食计划
and it requires less and less willpower
所要用到的意志力就会逐渐减少
to go back to the gym or stick to your diet.
影响意志力的第三个方法
The third way we can influence our levels of willpower
就是改变对意志力本身的想法
is by changing how we view willpower itself.
我在之前的视频中
Now I know in our previous lessons
强调了避免自我消耗的重要性
I stressed the importance of things like avoiding ego depletion,
也讲解了意志力是怎样被消耗掉的
and I taught you about ways in which our willpower levels are depleted.
这些现象很真实 而且是有作用的
These things are real and serve a purpose.
但是乔布·V教授在2010年进行的一项研究发现
But a study conducted in 2010 by Professor Job V
我们对意志力的想法会大大影响意志力水平
found that how we view willpower can severely affect our levels of it.
比如说 如果你相信意志力是有限的
For example, if you believe that willpower is limited
那么你失去意志力的速度
then you’ll actually lose willpower faster
比一个相信意志力无限的人还要快
than someone who believes willpower is unlimited.
怎么办呢?
So what can we do about this?
我们来彻底弄清楚意志力的实际性质吧
Well, let’s establish the truth about willpower once and for all.
实际上 我们的意志力水平
The truth of the matter is, our levels of willpower
远多于我们一天所消耗的
far exceed the amount we use throughout the day.
只是我们的大脑会给它设限
Our brain just likes to set a limit on it.
但是 若你有观看《自我驯服》课程
However, if you’ve been studying the Tamed course,
你就已学到了意志力的运作
you’ve gained some knowledge about how it all works,
知识就是力量
and knowledge is power,
有了知识 你就更能控制意志力
which means you have more control over your willpower,
所以我宁愿相信 只要研究意志力
so I like to believe that by studying willpower,
我就会比一般人更擅长利用无限的意志力
I actually know how to tap into my unlimited willpower more than the average person,
一旦有了这样的想法
and by adopting this very belief,
长远来说 你的意志力就会增加
you’ll find yourself with more willpower in the long run.
影响意志力的第四个方法 就是改变身份
The fourth way we can influence our levels of willpower is by changing our identity.
当你根据你的目标和你所要培养的习惯
When you have an identity that aligns with your goals
采取一致的身份时
and the habits that you’re trying to build,
维持这个习惯所需要的意志力就会减少
this decreases the amount of willpower required to stick to it.
说起来容易 做起来难
Now this is easier said than done.
身份要怎样改变呢?
How can we change our identity?
最有效的方法
Well the best way to do so is
就是谨慎地使用言语
by being very careful with our language.
我们对事情的表达会影响我们对自己的想法
The way we phrase things will affect how we view ourselves.
比如 当你想吸烟的时候
For example, if an urge arises to smoke,
不要心想“我不能吸烟
instead of thinking “I can’t smoke,
我已告诉自己要戒烟了”
I told myself I was gonna quit,”
正确的想法应是“我不是吸烟者”
we should be thinking, “I am not a smoker.”
第一个例子中的人
The person in the first example
仍然把自己当成想戒烟的吸烟者
still identifies as someone who smokes who’s trying to quit,
而第二个例子中的人
while the person in the second example
把自己当作一个本来就不抽烟的人
Identifies himself as someone who doesn’t smoke to begin with.
时间久了 你就会采取这个新身份
Over time, you’ll start believing this new identity,
从而减少维持戒烟所需要的意志力
which in turn will reduce the amount of willpower required to stick to this habit.
另一个好方法
Another good trick to keep in mind
就是把“我不能” “我不得不” “我必须”等字眼
is to replace words like “I can’t”, “I have to”, “I must”,
换成“我要”
with “I want to”.
前面三个词组是还没换掉旧身份的人
The first three phrases are phrases that you would use
才会用到的说法
if you still identified with the old you that you’re trying to change.
但是使用“我要”的说法
But if you use the phrase “I want to”,
代表你已认同你的新身份
then you’re agreeing with your new identity.
影响意志力的第五个方法 也是最后一个方法
The fifth and final way we can influence our willpower with our mind
就是进行所谓的“高层次思考”
is by doing what’s called “high level thinking”.
2006年的一项由藤田教授进行的研究发现
A study conducted in 2006 by Professor Fujita
相较于进行低层次思考的人
found that people who spent more time thinking high-level thoughts
长时间进行高层次思考的人
would have a significantly higher level of willpower throughout the day
一整天的意志力要多出许多
than those who had low-level thoughts.
两者之间有什么分别呢?
Now what’s the difference between the two?
低层次思考指的是短期 具体的想法
Well low level thinking is when you think about the short term and you think about specifics.
例如 如何前去健身房
For example you think about how you’re gonna get to the gym,
减重的具体方法
you think about how you’re gonna lose your weight,
或者你想要吃什么食物
you think about what foods you’re gonna eat.
高层次思考指的则是长远 笼统的想法
High-level thinking, on the other hand is when you think about more general and long-term ideas.
例如 你为什么要上健身房
So it’s when you think about why you’re going to the gym,
你为什么要减重
when you think about why you’re trying to lose weight,
你为什么要改变饮食习惯
when you’re thinking about why you’re changing your diet.
低层次思考没有什么不好
Now there’s nothing wrong with thinking low level thoughts
因为做计划需要的就是低层次思考
because they are needed in order to plan ahead.
你必须要好烹饪什么东西 才能做晚饭
You can’t make dinner unless you think about what you’re gonna cook.
但是你要多进行高层次思考
But it’s best to spend more time thinking high-level thoughts.
高层次思考能营造使命感和意义感
High-level thoughts create a sense of purpose and meaning.
只有对改变饮食的原因做足思考
If you think about why you’re changing your diet enough,
你才会真正相信改变饮食才是最佳之道
you start to truly believe that changing your diet is what’s best for you.
我建议你们尝试这个很有效的活动
A great exercise that I recommend all of you to try
就是先想想你要在本课程中养成的核心习惯
is to take the Keystone Habit that you’re trying to build in this course,
再用一整页写下你要维持这个习惯的原因
and fill out an entire page with why you want to stick to this habit.
总结一下 有五个方法可以帮助你提升意志力
To sum it up, there are five powerful ways you can increase your willpower
并且通过改变思维方式来增加动力
and get more motivated by changing the way you think.
第一个就是分块
Number one is by chunking,
也就是将大目标分解成小任务
breaking up your big goals into tiny tasks.
第二个就是提升信心
Number two is by increasing your confidence,
这样你就能相信自己可以实现目标
so that you start believing that you can actually accomplish your goals.
第三个就是改变对意志力的想法
Number three is by changing how you view willpower,
相信自己能通过对意志力的研究和实践
that you’re someone who can tap into their unlimited well of willpower
使用自己的无限意志力
by studying and practicing how it all works.
第四个就是改变身份
Number four is by changing your identity.
只要摆脱吸烟者的身份 戒烟就会变得更容易
It’s easier to quit smoking if you don’t identify as a smoker.
第五个就是多进行高层次思考
And number five is by spending more time thinking high-level thoughts.
这里要清楚说明一下:
And just to clarify something:
我们前一个视频中提到的生物学因素依然重要
the biological factors we mentioned in our previous video are still important.
如果你前一晚几乎没睡
It’s still gonna be very hard for you to stick to your habits
维持习惯还是很困难的一件事
If you barely slept the night before.
但是研究表明
But studies are simply pointing to the fact
这些心理因素会发挥更大的作用
that these psychological factors play a bigger role.
我之前说过 我们比自己想象中更有意志力
I know I mentioned before that we actually have far more willpower than we think we do.
所以在下一节课中
So in our next lesson, we’re gonna learn how to increase
我们要学习如何增加可用的意志力
the amount of willpower that we can tap into.
《自我驯服》课程的制作
The Tamed course was brought to you
获得了本频道赞助人的资助
with the help of the patrons of this channel.
如果这个课程让你获益
if you’re someone who’s found value in this course,
让你很想给予回馈
and you’d like to give back,
希望你也能成为赞助者 我将非常感激
It’d mean a lot to me if you could become a patron too.
只要成为赞助者 就能获得特权和好处
All of my patrons receive perks and benefits,
点击这个链接 查看所有的好处
which you guys can check out in the link right here.
视频到此结束 请继续关注我们
Besides that guys, stay tuned!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

9. 五个激发意志力的技巧

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

搬那度

审核员

审核员_DB

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG-1IRwYWqU

相关推荐