未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

预算时告诉自己的5条谎言

5 Lies You Tell Yourself When Making a Budget

大家好 这里是《财务瘦身》 我是切尔西
Hey guys, it’s Chelsea from The Financial Diet.
本周视频由SkillShare赞助
And this week’s video is brought to you by Skill Share.
这周我们来谈谈做预算这件事
So this week we’re gonna be talking about making a budget.
更确切地说 是我们在做预算时
And more specifically, the lies
对自己撒的那些谎
we tell ourselves when we make one.
我们取名为《财务瘦身》
A big part of the reason that we called ourselves the
很大程度上是因为
the financial diet, is because we believe
我们认为健康理财
that getting healthy with money,
跟健康饮食很相似
is very similar to the way you get healthy with food,
它们都要求以一种
which is to say in a very moderate and
克制又上进的方式
progressive way that allows for
忠于自己的生活
the way you honestly live your life.
就像一时兴起的节食起不了作用
Just like a crash diet for food won’t work,
冲动式的缩减开支住往会使你花得更多
a crash diet with money will leave you overspending
而且会一直感到不安
and feeling anxious all the time.
一个健康康又可持续的
And part of creating that financial diet that
省钱方式必须是忠于自己的
is healthy and long-lasting is being super honest with yourself.
这就意味着当你在做预算时
That means that when you’re creating a budget,
不管你手头上有多少钱
no matter the amount of money you’re dealing with.
你必须要坦诚地面对自己
You have to be really really transparent with yourself
你的消费习惯是怎样的
about how you actually spend,
哪些是你真的能坚持的
and what you’re actually going to be able to stick to.
大多数人第一次做预算时
Most of us so when we’re first starting a budget.
都做不到这点
Don’t tend to do this,
我们往往会把目标定得太大
we tend to be overly ambitious and
隐瞒自己真实的
and lie to ourselves in the process
消费习惯
about our own habits.
所以我们列举出了五种
So we’ve put together five common lies that
在做预算时常对自己说的谎言
we tell ourselves when we’re making a budget,
以及如何有效地应对它们
and also how do we effectively deal with them.
第一条 没事 我只需要
Number one: It’s fine, I can only have
大幅减少每月的
insert drastically cut-down number here,
外出开支就行
to spend on going out per month.
基本上很多人在准备做预算时
So basically a lot of people’s first
第一个大动作就是
big moves when they look to start a budget,
查看一下他们外出时的花费
is to look at how much they spend on going out,
包括和朋友去酒吧 餐厅
and that includes everything from like bars to restaurants to
临时小聚 看看电影之类的事
random events and movies with your friends,
然后发现 ” 啊 浪费了好多钱
and say “oh, that’s a waste of money,
我要尽量少出去”
I should cut as much of that out as possible.”
特别当你是那种
Especially when if you’re someone who
出门要喝酒的人
has drinks when you go out,
当你喝醉后
you can tend to do a lot of this frivolous spending,
更容易做出一些不必要的消费
while already a little tipsy.
比如说 当你路过回家途中的杂货店时
For example, that stops at the bodega on the way home
你可能会买三包薯片
where you get like three bags of chips
和两瓶无糖汽水
and two diet sodas.
如果你是清醒的
That’s probably not something that
可能就不会有这些开支
sober you would have spent on.
别误解我的意思
And don’t get me wrong,
想减少你的外出开销是件好事
it is good to want to reduce your going out spending,
尤其是对大多数人而言
especially because for most of us,
外出开销占到了
it represents the biggest part
可自由支配钱数的绝大部分
of our discretionary spending money,
甚至超过了购物的开销
even more so than shopping.
但是就像节食一样 一时兴起是不行的
But just like with food, crash diets won’t work.
所以 不要很武断地骤然减少
So instead of giving yourself an arbitrary low number that
你每月在外出开销
you think is the right amount
部分的预算
to be spending on going out every month,
先核算一下你每一项外出开销究竟是多少
look at what you’re actually spending in that category,
像mint这样的应用可以帮你计算出具体数字
an app like mint will help you figure that number out.
然后先将外出开销
And then start by reducing 20 percent
降低20%
from that spending category.
对于每个月的外出开销
There’s no one right number
无法做到统一
to be spending on going out every month,
因为这主要取决于你住哪里
especially because depending on where you live,
就连简单的一杯啤酒或一顿晚餐
the cost of something as simple as
价格也可能大大不同
a beer or a dinner can cost wildly different amounts.
但大家可以在现在的
But everyone can start by trying to reduce
开销基础上进行缩减
from the number they’re already at,
而且我们发现先从每一项中
and we’ve found that starting at around
减少约20%
20% in each category,
是一个非常合理又能让你坚持下去的目标
is a reasonable enough goal that you can stick to it without
你也不会感觉自己完全脱离了社交生活
feeling like you’ve totally cut out your social life.
当你的大脑接受了这个精减后的预算
As your brain adjusts to this reduced budget
并且习惯了这种新常态
and gets used to it as the new normal,
你就可以找到更节省的
you can start finding even more
晚上出去玩的方式
thrifty ways to enjoy your nights out,
进一步减少外出开销
and seek to reduce the category even further.
但一定要从削减20%开始
But start with just cutting by 20%,
有一件事应该不用我说
and maybe it should go without saying
你从外出开销上省出的20%
but that 20% you’re taking out of the going-out category
应该用来储蓄和投资
should go straight into savings and investments.
第二条 我不会再在这件或那件事上
Number two: I’m just not going to spend any more
花更多的钱了
money on X or Y category.
我根本不需要它
I don’t need it.
你总是这样说
You always say this
然后发现自己其实需要它
until you do need it.
举个贴切的例子
Let me give you a great example,
很多人在准备精减预算
many people when they’re looking to really
或者开始制定预算时
overhaul their budget or to start one for the first time,
都会从去除某一项开支开始
start by cutting out a category of spending.
因为审核预算不仅是
Because not only is it a really black-and-white way
白纸黑字的事
to rethink your money,
还是个有趣的挑战
it’s also kind of a fun challenge,
许多人的做法是
and a lot of people do this
决定再也不购物
in the form of a shopping ban.
比如在我们的节目上
And on TFD for example,
有很多这样的文章
we have many articles where people detailed
人们详细写出了30天
their shopping bans whether
甚至一整年的购物禁令
it was for 30 days or an entire year.
但是我们不仅有立禁令的文章
But for every article we have like that,
也有那些打破了购物禁令的人
we also have an article for people who
写的文章
failed their shopping bans.
事实上 你很难去预测
The truth is, it’s extremely difficult to predict
一天 一周或六个月后
what you’re going to need,
自己需要什么
a day a week or six months from now.
更关键的是 你是人
And more importantly, you’re a human being
逃不掉人类的需求
who’s subject to human being needs
以及狂妄和愚蠢
and whims and stupidity.
比如说 你可能
For example, you might say
会在一月初的时候说
at the beginning of January
“整个2017年都不买衣服”
“No buying clothes for the entirety of 2017.”
但在六月份 你上班穿的正装
But then in June, your go-to-work blazer
在干洗店被弄坏了
gets destroyed at the dry cleaner,
你会怎么办?
what are you gonna do?
今年不穿正装上班了么?
Just not have a blazer for work all year?
我觉得不可能
I think not.
即使不是在这样极端的情况下
And even if it’s not such a dire situation,
人类的大脑还是能很高效地
the human brain is incredibly effective
确定自己想要的东西
at defining things you want
并骗自己说”我真的需要这个”
as something you absolutely need.
你会发现你自己总是在
You’ll always find yourself
找借口购买那些
justifying something along the way,
或许已列入购物禁令的化妆品 酒或衬衫
whether you’ve cut out makeup or booze or shirts.
一种更健康的方式是这样告诉自己
A much healthier way to approach this, is to say
“我总体上已经避免了这个或那个的开支
“I’m generally avoiding X or Y category,
但在我每个月的预算中
but in my budget every month,
还是有一点过度消费”
there is a little splurge category.”
有些人的预算中
And some people also budget
这样的过度消费会持续半年
their splurge category by the six month,
或者一年
or one year mark.
重点是 这部分预算
The point is, this is the area of your budget
属于你尽量避免购买的东西
that goes to things that you’re generally trying to avoid,
但意外的需求总是时不时出现
but might just come up inevitably from time to time.
如果你额外拿出200美元
So let’s say you have 200 dollars set aside
用于接下来的半年内
for every six month period to go towards
你免不了要购买的东西
things you’re generally not buying.
那么当干洗店弄坏了
That means that when your dry cleaner might
你的正装
mess up that go-to-blazer,
你不得不再买一件时
you don’t have to feel like
就不用觉得像是
you’re breaking some cardinal rule
打破了什么基本原则
by getting yourself another one.
因为我们知道
Because lest we forget,
当你觉得你已经违反了你的节食计划时
the moment you feel like you’ve broken your diet,
就是你迈向堕落深渊之时
is the moment you will go off the rails,
因为节食计划已不再重要了
because it doesn’t matter anymore.
第三条 这是我一整年的预算
Number three:This is the budget I’m using for the year
一般而言 预算不可能
generally speaking, a budget is not meant to be
一整年都不变
the same throughout an entire calendar year.
一年当中可能发生很多事情
So many things can happen in a year.
你的工资可能会涨
You can start earning more money at work,
你可能会找到一份新兼职
or get a new side job,
可能会开始存钱或者需要取钱
or start in your savings account or move, or find that
可能会发现更加合算的存钱方式
you can just be more efficient at saving somewhere.
最好的办法是
The point is about three times per year,
每年检查三次自己的预算
it’s really healthy to go through your budget,
检查下你的计划
look at your statements,
再检查下你的开销分类
look at your spending categories,
估算一下自己是不是
and really reassess if you’re getting
省下了大部分赚来的钱
the most out of the money you’re making.
而且避免生活方式上的通胀
It’s also the most efficient way to avoid
也很重要
lifestyle inflation, which is
它的意思是 当你赚得更多时
basically when you start earning
也会花得更多
more money and therefore spending more money,
然后形成新常态
and that becomes your new normal.
一个良好的预算要做到
A healthy budget means that
即使你突然赚了更多的钱
even if you’re earning more money suddenly,
花销也不会增加
you’re not spending more,
而是进行更加有效的储蓄和投资
you’re just saving and investing more effectively.
这种一年检查多次预算的方式
And this multi-annual checkup
对于第一次制定预算的人特别有用
is especially true if this is your first real budget.
因为 坦诚地讲
Because let’s be honest,
如果你是第一次做预算
if this is your first real budget,
你一定要对你的各项开支
you’re going to have to be really really generous
都非常慷慨
with yourself in all spending categories,
因为你根本不习惯
to compensate for the fact that
按照做预算的逻辑来思考
you’re really not used to thinking in terms of a budget.
如果你刚开始做预算
If you’re starting out on an early budget,
你可能会在这削减个20%
chances are you cut maybe 20% here,
在那削减个10%
10% there, to end up saving
然后每个月能有点积余
a little bit of your monthly take-home pay.
但做预算的本质是让自己
But the point of a budget is to train your mind
在资源更少的情况下活得开心
to live well on less than you have,
让自己能存储
So that you can eventually work up
更多的钱
to higher savings goals.
举个例子 如果你每月
For example, if you’re earning
税后赚2500美元
twenty five hundred a month take-home,
存下400到500美元
saving four to five hundred dollars of that
刚开始看起来是挺多的
seems enormous at first.
但是如果你不断地修正你的预算
But if you are constantly reassessing your budget,
看看哪里可以
and seeing where you can add
增加点收入
a bit more income,
哪笔消费可以更理性一点
and spend a bit more smartly,
这绝对是你能慢慢做到的
that’s definitely something you can work up to.
总之 一年都不修正预算
Long story short, letting a budget sit unchanged for
基本上意味着
an entire year, is almost guaranteeing that
你根本不会遵守它
you won’t get the most out of it.
第四条 我已经写好了预算
Number four: Now I’ve made my budget,
可以马上执行了
I’m ready to go.
这一条对于第一次
Now this is specifically for people
做预算的人来说特别普遍
who are starting out on their first budget,
我不想打击你们
and I hate to be the bearer of bad news.
但事实上
But chances are high that
如果这是你第一次做预算
if this is your first budget,
结果可能很糟糕
it is probably going to be terrible.
第一次做预算
There are really two stages
有两个阶段
to making a first budget,
你不能就想着
and you can’t just think
“好的 我已经写下所有的数字
“Okay, I’ve written out all the numbers
我已经做好了预算的excel表格 一切搞定”
I’ve got my excel sheet whatever, I’m good.”
第一阶段是回顾过去六个月
Stage one is taking a look back at about
的开销情况
six months of your spending
看看你在没有做预算的时候是怎么生活的
to see how you were living without a budget.
而第二阶段是看看
But stage two is looking at about
做了预算的三个月是如何生活的
about three months with the budget and seeing
看看你在哪一块可以多省一点
where you could be saving more,
你对自己的哪些消费习惯估计失误
or where you’ve really misunderstood your own habits.
你的第一个真正意义上的预算
Your first real budget will come
要到三个月后才能制定
after about three months of that initial one
因为你需要时间来学习和调整
when you’ve had time to learn and adjust.
例如 你会发现第一次做预算
For example, a common problem
都会犯同一个毛病
that you’ll notice with the first budget attempt
就是把计划定得太细
is that you’ve made it way too detailed.
比如说 在购物这一项上
For example, when it comes to shopping,
很多第一次做预算的人
a lot of people making their first budget
会把它拆得很细
will break it down into like
分成衣服 鞋 化妆品 美容产品
clothes, shoes, makeup, beauty products.
然后你会意识到
And then you’ll realize
“噢 每个月的情况不同
“Hey, every month is different
这些应该放在同一类里”
those should all go into one category.”
或许你可以将它们归为”让我更美”类
Maybe you can call it “How good I look.”
你爱叫啥都行
Whatever you want to call it.
重点是 你将会更适应
The point is, you will start to get more comfortable
你的消费习惯
with your own spending habits,
要知道把预算做得更细
and realize that making things more detailed
不代表更容易遵守
does not mean they’re easier to keep track of.
事实上 在做预算的时候
In fact, when it comes to budgeting,
结果可能适得其反
it almost has the opposite effect,
因为它会让你在购买每一件东西时
because it makes you way too hyper aware
都很紧张
of every single purchase.
你永远不可能
You’re never going to be able to plan
把开销具体到某一件东西上
your spending down to the individual purchase.
而是要边做预算边不断学习
The point is, to learn as you go with your budget
习惯于做大致的计划
to get more comfortable by planning in generalities.
第五条 我不是一个
Number five: I’m not the kind of person
能严格遵守预算的人
who can keep a budget.
这大概是我经常对自己撒的
Now this is probably the biggest lie
最大的谎了
I always told myself.
因为这是我不想对钱
Because it was the perfect excuse not to
精打细算最好的借口
have to think or try too hard with my own money.
认为自己
Deciding that you’re just going to be
处理不好金钱方面的问题
one of those people who’s bad with money,
会让自己
is basically the only way to guarantee that
永远是个理财小白
you will always be financially illiterate.
把手一甩
It’s so easy to throw up your hands
说自己不是那种人 永远不可能做预算
and be like “well I’m not that type kind of person,
是很容易的
I’ll never make a budget.”
但现在可是2017年
But it’s 20 freaking 17,
有一百万种方法让你遵守你的预算
there are a million ways to keep track of your budgets
不是你想象的那样坐在那儿
that don’t involve like you sitting there,
拿着算盘 笔和纸
with like an abacus and a pen and paper
旁边放一盏绿色的会计灯
and one of those like green accounting lamps
等等等等
from the producers and all that stuff.
如果你是那种
If you’re one of these people
一看到账单就紧张
who get stressed out just looking at an account
甚至连excel都打不开的人
or feel like you can’t even open Excel,
可以找一些能帮你处理这类问题的
start looking at different apps
不同的手机应用
that will help you do these things.
我和劳伦刚刚做过一个视频
Lauren and I made a video a while back
介绍了一些你可能没听过的
about different apps you might not have heard of
能帮你理财的手机应用
that will help you manage your money,
我们会把链接放到视频简介里
and will link that in the description.
我一直觉得
For me, I always felt like
我不是那种能精打细算
I couldn’t do that needy greedy of adding
严格遵守预算的人
and subtracting and keeping track of numbers.
那会让我觉得自己又回到了
It made me feel like I was in math class again,
让人沮丧的数学课堂
which was really upsetting.
所以大概四年前
So about four years ago,
我开始使用一款叫做mint的手机应用
I started using an app called Mint that
它帮我解决了很多琐碎的数学问题
helps do a lot of those number crunching parts for me,
你只需要打开邮件里的报表
and it feels really manageable
操作起来特别简单
when I just open up the statement in my email.
现在 我已经习惯了
And now that I’ve gotten so used
追踪我的收入流向
to looking at my money,
再也不怕做预算了
it doesn’t scare me anymore to do the other parts.
不要欺骗自己
Don’t kid yourself, saying
说自己不是做预算的人
that you’re just not a budget person,
说自己处理不好金钱问题
or you can’t deal with money,
或者说自己数学不好
or you don’t know how to use math,
这些都是借口
is a total cop-out.
即使你觉得你的钱很少
Even if you have so little money that you feel
少到每个月都没有余钱可以存
like you can’t find a penny to save every month,
尽管把预算写出来
just writing it all out and being super aware
认真地盯着你的收入和支出情况
of how it’s coming in and how it’s going out,
这是你学会掌握自己收支情况的第一步
is the first real step to having control over it.
我不仅靠这个方法恢复了信用卡信誉度
It’s how I first rehabbed my credit,
还靠这个方法
but it’s also now how I look at every year not just
评估我这一年的结余
how I’m gonna get to the end of the year,
以及为下一年做打算
but where do I want to be intended.
当你对自己说
The day you say to yourself
“我无法做预算”的时候
“I can totally have a budget.”
就是你开始做预算的最佳时机
is the day you’ll start making one.
不承认自己
It’s really easy to lie to ourselves
真实的习惯 花销
about our habits or our spending or how
或者处理钱财的方式是很容易的
we just approach money in general.
还没开始就放弃
And it’s really easy to give up
也不难
before we’ve even started.
但是不做预算
But without a budget,
你一定会总是
you’re guaranteed to almost
感觉自己过得胆战心惊
always feel like you’re broken,
感觉压力很大
and always be stressed out
因为你不知道如何做规划
because you don’t know how to plan.
开始坦诚地面对自己
Start being honest with yourself,
自然能做出良好的预算
and a healthy budget will follow.
你可能不仅在做预算时
Chances are you’ve been lying to yourself
对自己撒谎
a little bit about your budget,
在学习新东西时你可能也会
but you’ve also probably been lying to yourself
对自己撒谎
about learning new things.
你总是对自己说
You’re always saying
“哦 我打算去上这门课”
“Oh I’m going to go back and take this class.”
或者是”嗯 我打算学习那门技术”
or “Oh I’m going to go back and get that skill.”
但是不知怎的 你就是从来不去做
But somehow you just never end up doing it.
这就是为什么你们需要Skillshare
But that’s why you should check out Skillshare,
这是一个网上学习社区
it’s an online learning community for creators
拥有16000堂课
with more than 16,000 classes in design
包括设计摄影等方面
photo and more, and they are currently
现在他们还为前500位点击链接的观众
offering a 2 month free trial to the first
提供两个月的免费试听课
500 people who go to the link in the description.
劳伦订阅了很多课程
Lauren for example has taken everything
包括杰西卡·海希的字体设计课
from a lettering class with Jessica Hesh,
食物摄影课 可以去博客晒美图
to a food photography class for bloggers,
以及视频后期处理教程 能让她
to after-effects video tutorials that help her make
为我们的节目制作更好看的视频
even more beautiful videos here on TFD.
而且你可以随时随地学习
And plus you can learn from anywhere,
如果你将这款应用下载到安卓机或苹果手机上
if you download the mobile app on Android or iPhone,
离线时都可以上课
you can tap into classes even when you’re offline.
支持《财务瘦身》
So support TFD and finally
学习你一直没学的技能
learn that skill you’ve been putting off,
点击视频简介里的链接
by going to the link in the description
你将会得到两个月的
to claim your two free month trial
超赞的免费试听课
of all the amazing classes
还有他们提供的学习教程 开始学习吧
and tutorials they have to offer. Start learning.
还是那句话 谢谢你们的观看
As always guys, thank you for watching,
不要忘记点击订阅哦
and don’t forget to hit the subscribe button,
记得每周二来看最新最好玩的视频 拜拜
and to come back every Tuesday for new and awesome videos. Bye~

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

你在做预算时对自己撒的五个谎言

听录译者

面白坊主

翻译译者

研究僧

审核员

NL

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z65REZKwmI

相关推荐