ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

美国独立日传统 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

美国独立日传统

4th of July Traditions!

嘿 独立日快乐!
Hey, happy fourth!
其实今天不是独立日 不过在今天我会让你看看独立日是什么样的
So, today isn’t the fourth but the day that you’ll be seeing this is the fourth of July.
今天是7月2号 我和朋友们在公园里
So today is the 2nd of July and I’m here with some friends in the park
我们会讨论独立日的传统活动都有哪些
and we’re gonna talk about what we’re doing for the 4th and Fourth of July traditions.
你在独立日最经典的活动是什么
What do you typically do on the fourth of July,
-独立日好像在星期二-看烟花
– like the 4th of July is on Tuesday. -Fireworks.
看烟花
Fireworks.
在美国独立日 看烟花是很受欢迎的传统
Going to see fireworks is a much beloved tradition on the 4th of July in America.
大概是最常见的传统
Probably the most common tradition.
几年前 我带你
A couple years ago, I took you up
从我在曼哈顿的公寓房顶上看烟花
to see the view of the fireworks from the roof of my apartment in Manhattan
然后在那拍个视频 那里的视野很好
and made a video there. That was a great view.
我们会去看烟花 就像是常见的家庭烧烤
We’re going to see fireworks and then like, usually there’s like a family grill out.
家庭烧烤
Family grill out.
“grill out”这个词组
The verb ‘grill out’.
有些人会觉得困惑 因为”out”这个词看起来是多余的
This confuses some people because the word ‘out’ seems like an extra word.
基本上你烧烤的时候 都是在外面
Almost always when you grill, you’re grilling outside.
当然 他可以去掉那个词 不过他说了”grill out”
Certainly, he could’ve dropped the word but he said grill out
有点像野外聚餐
which is similar to cookout
意味着食物在外面制作和食用
which implies that the food is being cooked and eaten outside.
通常 你邀请别人来参加这样的活动 有点像聚会
Usually, you invite people over for this. It’s a little bit of a party.
所以”grill out”就是在外面烧烤
So a grill out is where you do this with a grill.
他当然可以只说:我们会去烧烤
He definitely could’ve just said: We’re going to grill.
或者他可以说:我们打算去野餐
Or he could’ve said: We’re going to have a cookout.
不过有些人就用”grill out”的表达
But some people do use the term grill out.
通常 就像那个”family grill out”
Usually, there’s like a family grill out.
家庭烧烤
Family grill out.
不过那是我结婚之前
But that was before I had my own family.
是吧 那你们现在怎么庆祝?
Yeah. So what do you do now?
额 现在 我不确定 我们对传统活动不太懂
Uhm. Now, I’m not sure. We’re new to the starting traditions.
不过不是看烟花 对吗?
No fireworks though, right?
我听说烟花声音有点吓到孩子们了
I heard they scare babies.
–我们会去看烟花 可能不是今年去
–We might go to fireworks. Probably not this year.
你注意到他”probably”这个词怎么发音的吗?
Did you notice how he pronounced the word ‘probably’?
他把它缩减到像pry– pry not–
He reduced it to something more like pry– pry not–
不过今年可能不去:Pry– Pry–
But pry not this year: Pry– pry–
美国人真的喜欢简化这个词
Americans really reduce this word.
你可以说”probly, prolly或pry”
You can say probly, prolly, or pry.
他甚至根本没有发”L”的音
He doesn’t even really make an L sound.
作为一个非本地人没有必要一定这么发音
I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it as a non-native speaker.
不过你会听到本地人这样说:
But you will hear native speakers do this.
今年可能不去 可能不 可能不
Pry not this year. Pry not. Pry not. Pry not.
-我们会去看烟花 可能不是今年去 -真的吗?
– We might go to fireworks. Probably not this year. – Really?
-是的 我们今年也不会去尝试 -最后 事实上 我们会去看烟花
– Yeah. We’re not going to try this year either. – Eventually. Eventually, we’ll go to fireworks.
烟花会吓到狗狗 我们需要照顾他
Fireworks really scare dogs. We need to take care of him.
所以你们不确定周二要干嘛? 你们放假吗?
So you guys have no idea what you’ll do on Tuesday? Do you have off?
你放假吗意味着你那天不用上班
Do you have off means have you been given the day off at work?
这个短语里类似一个holiday的意思
As in for a holiday in this case.
你放假吗?
Do you have off?
我们放假 我们可能去烧烤 还会去见见朋友们
I do have off. We might do some grilling. We’ll see friends.
不过 嗯 还没有最终确定
But uh, it’s to be determined.
好的
Yeah.
还没确定
To be determined.
这是一个短语 你可以用在没决定的事情上
This is a phrase you can use for something that’s not yet certain.
我们明天肯定会离开 不过我还不知道具体的时间
We’re definitely leaving tomorrow but I don’t know the time yet.
还没确定
It’s to be determined.
不过 嗯 还没确定
But uh, It’s to be determined.
好的
Yeah.
我们可能会去新泽西州的一个国家公园 有沙滩和可以游泳的湖
We might try to go one of these state parks with like a swimming beach lake in New Jersey.
-这听起来很赞-我很喜欢
— That sounds pretty cool. — I just feel like,
对我来说 我想在独立日计划里包括欣赏水景
for me, I want a body of water involved in my 4th of July plans.
水景就像是一片海 一个湖
A body of water refers to something like an ocean, lake,
也可能是一汪泉水
maybe a spring, sea, pond, that kind of thing.
对我来说 我
For me, I want a body of water involved in my 4th of July plans.
这对我来说听起来是个好计划
That sounds like a good plan to me.
-是的-是吗?
– Yeah. – Yeah?
我不知道
I don’t know.
–找个地方游泳–是的
— Find a place to swim. — Yeah.
午睡比较困难 你觉不觉得生活被午睡毁了?
It’s just hard with the nap time. Don’t you hate it when your life gets ruined by naptime?
戴夫和我都有个差不多大的宝宝 一岁多一点
Dave and I both have babies about the same age, a little over a year.
我知道对我们来说 想要孩子作息规律 我们认为那样会过得轻松点
And I know for us, we want to keep our baby on a schedule because we think it makes life easier.
不过同时 它让生活更难了
But at the same time, it kind of makes life harder.
是的 午睡很难
Yeah. It’s just hard with the nap time. Don’t you hate it when your life gets ruined by naptime?
你们没有这样过是吗?你们还是很灵活
You guys haven’t made that happen yet, right? You guys are still flexible.
不是 我们是相当灵活
Nope. We are pretty flexible.
是的
Yeah.
我们每个人什么时候能睡基本上是儿子决定的
Our son pretty much dictates when everyone is to fall asleep.
我们的生死还是照着某种计划
We still live and die by a schedule.
-我们不是
– We’re not very scheduled. – Yeah.
除了我们自己的工作计划
Besides our own work schedule.

– Pros and cons to both approaches. – Yeah!
有利有弊
Pros and cons.
这是一种讨论方式 关于事情积极的一面
This is a way to discusss and talk about things that are positive about a situation
和事情消极的一面
and things that are negative about a situation.
举个例子 如果有人很难决定一件事有时候 建议是:
For example, if someone’s having a hard time making a decision, sometimes, the advice is:
你为什么不把利弊列个单子写下来呢?
Why don’t you write out at list of pros and cons?
他又开始谈论传统了 所以我们把镜头转回来
He started talking about traditions again so I turned the camera back on.
我在兰开斯特长大 那里通常有一大片烟花 每个区都会放
Where I grew up in Lancaster, there was always a bunch of fireworks done by each like little borough.
单词词汇: “borough”
Vocabulary word: borough.
“borough”指美国的一个镇或一个区
A borough is a town or district incorporated within the US.
所以这里
So here, he’s talking about Lancaster which is a county.
在这个市里 有兰开斯特市 还有很多小镇
And within that county, there would be Lancaster city but there are also lots of little boroughs.
在纽约也是
Also in New York city, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, the Bronx, and Staten Island are called The 5 Boroughs.
一组烟花由一个区燃放
A bunch of fireworks done by each like little borough.
所以独立日前后有好几天烟花
So there would be days of fireworks around the 4th of July.
几天是什么意思?好像持续好几天都有烟花
What do you mean days? Like entire days where there was like a fireworks
–在2号 3号–不是 好像是3号
— in 2, 3… — No, there would be like the 3rd,
–4号 5号–是的 没错
— the 4th, 5th.. — Yeah. Right.
取决于独立日是否周末
Depending on if it’s on a weekend.
不过好像你可以连续看两晚烟花
But like you can go to a like couple consecutive nights of fireworks.
是的
Yeah.
单词词汇: “consecutive”
Vocabulary word: consecutive.
意思是接着的连续在一起成一排
This means following continuously or right in a row.
一个完整的队列
An unbroken sequence.
所以”on 2 consecutive days”意思是一天连着另一天
So ‘on 2 consecutive days’ means 1 day right after the other.
中间没有其他的天数
No extra days in between.
–连续去看两晚烟花
— to a like couple consecutive nights of fireworks.
你去过吗?
So did you ever?
有时候 我们会去 嗯 最大的一场在兰卡斯特的郡公园里
Sometimes, we would. Uhm, the biggest one was in Lancaster County Park
那儿实际上还有个管弦乐队
where there actually had an orchestra
–也有–哦 很赞
— as well. — Oh, nice!
那里–我在盖恩斯维尔长大 那里就像一个户外露天剧场
That’s– where I grew up in Gainesville, there was like an outdoor amphitheater.
词汇单词:露天剧场
Vocabulary word: amphitheater.
那是个建筑物 通常是开放式的建筑物 很多没有屋顶
This is a building, usually an outdoor building, often without a roof,
有圆形的 有半圆形的
rounded, semi-circular,
通常用来开办音乐会 有时候是歌剧
used for the presentation of musical events or maybe some drama.
那儿还有一级一级的座位
There can also be tiers of seating.
–在盖恩斯维尔 那儿就像个露天剧场
–in Gainesville, there was like an outdoor amphitheater
有些流行乐队的表演 还有烟花表演
with some pops band doing stuff and some fireworks.
每年都有 从来没断过 野餐和烟花
That was every year. Never strayed from that. Picnic and fireworks.
是的 那个好像是最大的
Yeah, that was like the biggest one.
费城肯定也有类似的地方 对吗?
There are definitely places like that in Philly, right?
我们不去只是因为我们有宝宝
We’re just not going cause we have babies.
–对的–是的
— Right. — Yeah.
他们–在费城 他们在艺术博物馆里举办
They– in Philly, they set up at the art museum.
太好了!
Oh yeah!
而且他们制作很大的烟花作品
And they do really big firework production
甚至通常会有乐队现场表演
with even, there’s always like some live band.
虽然我不确定今年今年谁会来
I’m not sure who it is this year though.
好的
Okay.
–我记得有一年扎根合唱团来过–真的吗?
— I think The Roots did it one year. — Really?
好吧 大概明年等孩子大点 我们可以一起去
Well maybe next year when the kids are older, we’ll all go together.
–我觉得这听起来很棒–肯定很好玩
— That sounds good to me. — That’ll be fun!
超级感谢我的朋友戴夫 出现在这段视频里
Huge thanks to my friend, Dave, for being in this video.
就这样吧朋友们 非常感谢收看”瑞秋的英语”
That’s it guys! Thanks so much for using Rachel’s English!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

7月4号美国独立日的传统

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Nancy🍉

审核员

YX

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3JXWNMGRDY

相关推荐