未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

400ppm:世界上最大的实验

400 Parts in a Million: The World's Biggest Experiment

向热爱科学的你问好!感谢你的积极合作,我们的研究——
Hello fellow scientists! Thanks to your active collaboration, our study– the world’s largest
世界最大不可控实验——在2013年五月9日越过了一个历史性的里程碑。比预计超前,
uncontrolled experiment– crossed a historic milestone on May 9, 2013. Ahead of schedule,
地球大气中二氧化碳的浓度达到了400/100万
the concentration of carbon dioxide gas in the Earth’s atmosphere has reached 400 parts
地球大气中二氧化碳的浓度达到了400/100万
per million.
对于100年前这是巨大的变化(那时的浓度只有300/100万,
This is a big change from a hundred years ago when the concentration was just 300 ppm,
保持了80万年之久)。我们用了影响最大的方式,
below which it had stayed for more than 800,000 years. We’ve used the most effective methods
来提升大气中二氧化碳的水平:燃烧煤、石油、天然气,
to increase the levels of CO2 in our atmosphere: burning coal, oil and natural gas, chopping
滥砍滥伐,以及一个让人意想不到的方式——制造水泥。
down forests, and surprisingly, making cement.
在某些方面来看,400/100万只是一个武断的数字,一个惹人注目的大概的数字,
In some respects 400 ppm is just an arbitrary figure, an attractively round number like
就像四分钟一英里[?],或世界人口70亿标志一样,但它可以表明:
the four-minute mile or the 7 billion mark for world population, but it indicates that
我们的实验达到了一个新的阶段。每一天,我们都向人类命运的未知领域更深入一点。
we have reached a new phase of our experiment. Each day forward, we go deeper into territory
400/100万之后,谁知道会发生什么?!
uncharted in human history! After 400 ppm, who knows what will happen!?
实际上,初步的结果给了我们一个绝妙的点子。我们看过了越来越多且越来越大的
Actually, our preliminary results give us a pretty good idea. We’ve seen more and bigger
洪水、火灾、旱灾、暴风雨,融化的冰盖导致海平面升高。你可能已经
floods, fires, droughts, and storms. Melting ice caps and rising sea levels. You may already
在这方面有了很多经验,并且你可以预想到未来还会有更多(灾难)。
have experienced some of these yourself, and you can expect more in the future.
请宣传我们的实验并告诉亲朋好友、政治家
Please publicize our experiment and tell your friends, family, and politicians how important
他们的贡献有多么重要。毕竟,这是像你,我,众多企业
their contributions have been. After all, it is people -like you and me and major corporations-
这般有权利驾车、影响空气、进出超市的人们,需要对
with access to cars, air conditioning, and supermarkets, who are responsible for the
如今温室气体排放的负大半责任。
large majority of today’s greenhouse gas emissions.
少了你的参与,这个全球性的实验无法进行下去。所以请记住,
This global experiment can’t continue without your participation. So remember, the next
在你下次让汽车空转,离家不断(交流)电,或忘记吃掉
time you let your car idle, leave the AC on when you’re not home, or forget to eat the
你买的食物等等时,你是某个庞大群体(地球)的一部分。 :)
food you bought… you’re part of something big.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikGLNs3nYlc

相关推荐