未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何得到你无法胜任的工作?

4 ways to land a job you're not qualified for | Fast Company

如何得到你无法胜任的工作?
The only way to really move your career forward
想要事业真正进步只有一个办法
is to make sure your next job
那就是要确保你的下一份工作
is a couple steps above your current job,
比现在的工作高出几个等级
and that means seeking out positions you’re not entirely qualified for.
就是说你要找一份现在还不能完全胜任的工作
It’s difficult to land one, but it is possible.
找这样一份工作很难 但并非毫无可能性
So here are four ways to stand out
如果你是一位还不够格的申请人
when you’re an under qualified applicant.
这里有四种办法让你脱颖而出
Number one, apply, apply, then re-apply.
第一点:申请 申请 再申请
If you are determined to make this career leap,
如果你想让自己的事业有很大的进步
then you’re going to spend a lot of time applying,
就要准备好花大量的时间去申请
and you likely won’t hear back on the vast majority of your applications,
可能它们大多数无法得到回复
but do not get discouraged.
但是千万别感到沮丧
It is unfortunately somewhat of a numbers game
这有点像数字游戏
so just keep applying.
所以就这样一直申请下去
One of the things you can do however is re-apply.
但是 你能做的其中一件事是重新申请
Maybe once a month resubmit
每月重交一次简历
so your resume floats back to the top of the stack.
这样 你的简历就有可能在申请书的第一张
The longer a job post is up,
工作岗位空置越久
the more willing a company might be to consider under qualified candidates.
公司就越可能会考虑一些暂时不能胜任的申请者
Number two, lean on your soft skills.
第二点: 靠软技能说话
At the end of the day, a company can teach you the technical skills,
到头来 你可以从公司中学到一些专门技能
it’s your people skills and emotional intelligence that they value more.
但是他们更看重的是你的交际能力和情商
So it’s critical that you find a way to demonstrate
所以你要知道如何展示自我
how seemingly unrelated roles or skills
如何将你看似与该职位毫不相关的作用和技巧
you possess actually do relate to the job at hand.
切实地与这份工作联系起来
For example, highlight periods of time where you had to learn quickly,
比如 突出你必须快速学习的时期
or find creative solutions with little to no resources.
或你在绝境中找到的创造性解决方法
If you don’t have the hard skills, play up the soft skills.
如果你没有硬技能 那么强调你的软技能
Number three, leverage relationships.
第三点:平衡你的人际关系
This is perhaps the best way to get noticed
不管你能不能胜任这份工作
whether you’re qualified or not,
这可能是你引起注意的最好方法
so search your network to see
所以 搜一下你的关系网
if you know anyone at all who works at the company,
看看是否有认识的人在这个公司上班
or if your friends know anyone who works at the company.
或你的朋友是否认识在那家公司上班的人
And then if you do get in touch with someone,
之后 如果你真的能联系上
be up front that you are somewhat under qualified.
那就承认其实你还不能胜任这份工作
Tell them about your career goals
告诉他们你的职业目标
and how this job fits within those goals.
还有说明这份工作如何符合你的目标
If they see you as a hungry, smart, teachable person,
如果他们看出你对这份工作的渴求 并且觉得你是聪明有资质的人
you may be a better fit for the job
那么 相比其他能胜任此工作的候选人
than some of the other more qualified candidates.
你可能更适合这份工作
And in line with that, number four, don’t lie, be confident.
第四点与第三点一脉相承 那就是不要说谎要自信
Don’t say you have, for example, five years of experience if you only have three.
比如 如果你只有三年工作经验就不要说五年
Instead lean into those three years of experience that you do have
相反 你要充分利用拥有的三年工作经验
and be confident in your ability to bridge the gap.
并且相信自己有能力缩小差距
So don’t give up, don’t get discouraged,
所以不要放弃 不要感到沮丧
and trust that it’ll happen if you just keep plugging away.
要相信只要坚持下去 你与别人的差距会缩小

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

看上一份工作,自己却不够格,别着急,这四种方法或许可以帮你美梦成真!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

blue

审核员

审核员YY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0VUl3I_M0w

相关推荐