未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

3条规则帮你更好地平衡工作与生活

3 rules for better work-life balance | The Way We Work, a TED series

For so many of us might self include it
很多人可能都觉得
our days feel filled with a million small interruptions.
自己的生活不断被无数琐事打断
And this is true even of our days off.
即使在我们休息时 也是如此
Maybe you’ve taken a call at the beach,
或许你在沙滩上放松时 接到了工作电话
texted your boss from the grocery store
超市购物时给上司发消息
or emailed a colleague while on a picnic with your family.
或者和家人一起野餐时 给同事发邮件
We’ve convinced ourselves that these behaviors are no big deal.
我们说服自己 这么做没什么大不了
It’s just one email.
只是发一封邮件而已
But there’s a real cost to these interruptions,
但这些琐事会让我们付出相应的代价
and there are smart strategies we can all take
而我们可以采取一些小策略
to better protect our time.
来更好地保护自己的时间
[The Way We Work]
我们工作的方式
These moments seem so small at the time,
这些碎片时间看起来似乎微不足道
and yet research suggests they add up to a tremendous loss.
然而研究表明 这些时间的总和会造成巨大的损失
The constant creep of work into our personal lives
工作不断地侵入我们的私人生活
can increase our stress
这不仅让我们压力倍增
and undermine our happiness.
还严重损害了幸福感
So just what is the cost?
所以 代价是什么呢
In one study, researchers recruited parents
在一项研究中 研究者在科学博物馆
who were visiting a science museum with their kids.
招募了一些陪同孩子参观的家长参加研究
Some parents were told to check their phone as much as possible;
其中一部分家长被告知 尽可能地去看手机
others were told to check their phone as little as possible.
另外一些家长则被要求尽可能少地去看手机
After the visit,
在参观结束之后
parents who used their phones reported
那些一直用手机的家长反馈说
that the experience was significantly less meaningful.
这段经历不那么有意义了
They also felt much lonelier.
他们也觉得更加孤单
In another study,
另外一个研究中
tourists who were asked to have their phones out
那些在参观标志性教堂
while visiting an iconic church
被要求不看手机的游客
remembered fewer details a week later.
一周后记住的细节更少
And in my research,
在我的研究中
employees who were paid for their performance
那些根据业绩获得报酬的上班族
spent increasingly less time interacting with friends and family,
花在与朋友家人聊天的时间越来越少
and more and more time interacting with colleagues and clients.
与同事客户交流工作的时间越来越多
These constant interruptions come at a cost to organizations, too.
这些不停的打断对公司也有代价
Companies lose 32 days of productivity
公司因为员工的抑郁情绪
each year to employee depression,
每年会损失32天的工作效能
which is often caused by the stress
抑郁情绪通常是由压力
and burnout of our always-on culture.
和“一直在线”的文化让我们精疲力尽导致的
Despite knowing better,
即使我对这个现象了解更多
I, too, have found myself focusing on “urgent work distractions”
我也觉得自己因为紧急工作
over important life moments.
在许多人生重要的时刻分心了
Most recently, I found myself texting a client
最近 我意识到自己在给我第一个孩子
while in the middle of my first child’s first ultrasound …
第一次做超声波的时候仍在给客户发消息
happy client,
客户是开心了
guilty mom-to-be.
我却变成了有罪恶感的准妈妈
When you add up all of these moments,
当你将这些时刻全部加在一起
the sum total is a life shortchanged on meaning,
会发现代价竟是 人生意义
joy, connection and even memory.
生活的快乐 人际关系甚至是记忆的损失
As we remake our models of work in the wake of the pandemic,
疫情发生之后 我们的工作模式发生改变
now is our opportunity to create a new culture that respects time.
现在我们有机会创造一个尊重时间的新文化
And the way to make this really big change
实现这个大改变的方法就是
is through small steps that we can take right now.
做一些我们现在就可以做的小的步骤
The first step that we need to take is to reframe rest.
我们要做的第一步就是重新定义休息
Reflect for a moment about what
回想一下 当你听到“休息”这个词
you think about when you hear the word “rest.”
你眼前的画面是什么样的
Sounds amazing, right?
很不错 对吧
But in my mind,
然而在我看来
I immediately worry about not being productive enough
我马上就开始担心自己工作效率不够高
or letting down my colleagues.
或者让我的同事失望了
When we do have time off,
当我们有时间休息的时候
we need to find ways in which we can enjoy the present moment
我们要找到能让自己享受当下的方法
and savor the leisure time that we have available,
享受我们所拥有的闲暇时光
as opposed to seeing it as an unproductive barrier to our work.
而不是认为休息对于工作来说是没有效率的负担
One specific strategy we can take
一个我们可以具体采取的策略就是
is to treat our upcoming weekend like a vacation.
把即将到来的周末看成一次度假
On Friday afternoon,
在周五下午
jot down how you would act and behave as if you were on a holiday.
写下你在度假时会做的事情
Maybe you and your partner will buy a bottle of wine
或许你和你的伴侣会买一瓶红酒
and watch online clips of the Eiffel Tower.
在网上观看埃菲尔铁塔的视频
Maybe you’ll visit a local café
或许你会去一个当地的咖啡馆
and listen to some live music.
听一些音乐
Or maybe you’ll go for a long walk in the middle of the day
或者你可能在中午出去散步
with no phone and no agenda.
既不带手机也没有安排
The plan doesn’t have to be expensive or extravagant.
这个计划不用花很多钱或者很奢侈
Another strategy you can take is
另外一个你可以采取的策略就是
to create clear boundaries for your time off.
对你休息的时间设置明确的界限
Instead of saying, “I’m out of the office.
不要说“我不在办公室了
Feel free to Slack me whenever,”
请随时联系我”
say, “I’ll be offline.
而是说“我已下线
Call me only if it’s urgent.”
若非紧急 请勿联系”
To uphold these personal goals,
可以作为一个团队去
work together as a team.
一起实现这些个人目标
Set team goals for personal time.
为私人时间设置团队目标
Do it publicly, collect data
一起规划并收集数据
and hold each other accountable.
彼此监督
These goals could sound like,
这些目标可以是
“I will not check email between 6:00 and 8:00pm;”
“我在晚上六点到八点不会去看邮箱”
“I will have dinner with my family four nights a week;”
“我一周会和我的家人吃4顿晚饭”
or “I will go for a jog midday.”
或者是“我会在中午慢跑”
Check in on your team’s progress
看一下你们团队的进程
and see how everyone’s doing.
看看大家都做得怎么样
If you or your teammates are unsuccessful,
如果你或者你的组员不怎么成功
work together to help accomplish personal goals.
大家一起去帮你或他实现个人目标
Lastly, you can negotiate for more time
最后 你可以商量着要更多时间
to prevent work from creeping into your personal life.
去阻止工作偷偷占据你的私人生活
In business school, I teach students to negotiate for salary
在商学院里 我教我的学生们去协商工资
but realize I spoke almost nothing about negotiating for more time.
但我发现我几乎没有教到任何有关协商时间的做法
What does this look like in practice?
具体我们该怎么做呢?
You can ask for more time on adjustable deadlines at work.
你可以要求调整工作的截止日期
If your client asks for a deliverable Monday morning,
如果你的客户要求在周一早上交付
ask for an extension until Tuesday afternoon
你可以要求时间延长到周二下午
so you don’t find yourself working on your well-deserved weekend.
这样你就不会发现自己在应得的周末工作了
And don’t worry too much about reputation.
还有别太担心自己的口碑
Quality truly is the metric that matters most.
工作质量才是最重要的度量标准
In my data,
在我的数据中
employees who proactively asked for more time
那些主动要求更多时间的员工
reported lower levels of stress and burnout,
出现压力和精疲力尽的现象较少
and were seen as more committed and professional by their colleagues.
他们的同事也认为他们更尽心尽力更专业
These are small but powerful changes to not only reframe rest,
这些小而强大的改变不仅重新定义休息
but to reclaim it.
还夺回了它
Once you discover the profound impact that these changes can have,
一旦你发现了这些改变的深刻影响
you’ll feel empowered to demand that others respect
你会明白自己有权要求他人的尊重
and accommodate your approach to time.
有权自己规划时间
Maybe they’ll even feel inspired
或许他们甚至会受到启发
to piece together the fractured moments of their lives, too.
去重拾他们生活中丢失的碎片时光

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

觉得自己的生活充斥着工作吗?来看看如何更好地平衡工作与生活吧~

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Jessie

审核员

审核员YY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c_xYLwOx-g

相关推荐