ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

史黛西·艾布拉姆斯:你每做一件事都应该问自己三个问题 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

史黛西·艾布拉姆斯:你每做一件事都应该问自己三个问题

3 questions to ask yourself about everything you do | Stacey Abrams

TED 传播有价值的思想
我17岁上高中那会儿–
When I was in high school at the age of 17 —
我毕业于乔治亚州迪凯特的高中
I graduated from high schoolin Decatur, Georgia,
并且是致告别辞的学生代表
as valedictorian of my high school —
我对此感到很骄傲
I was very proud of myself.
我来自一个低收入的社区
I was from a low-income community,
我在密西西比州长大
I had grown up in Mississippi,
我们从密西西比搬到了乔治亚州
we’d moved from Mississippi to Georgia
这样我的父母就能去争取
so my parents could pursue
获得联合卫理公会牧师的身份了
their degrees as United Methodist ministers.
我家境不好 但父母并不觉得我们有多穷
We were poor, but they didn’t think we were poor enough,
所以他们想一直穷下去
so they were going for permanent poverty.
因此 他们在埃默里大学读书
And so, while they studied at Emory,
而我在埃文代尔高中学习 并成为了致告别辞的学生代表
I studied at Avondale, and I became valedictorian.
在乔治亚州成为致告别辞的学生代表的一件好玩的事儿是
One of the joys of being valedictorian in the state of Georgia
会受邀去见乔治亚州的州长
is that you get invited to meet the governor of Georgia.
我有点儿想见到他
I was mildly interested in meeting him.
感觉挺好玩儿的
It was kind of cool.
更吸引我的是
I was more intrigued by the fact that
他住在官邸里
he lived in a mansion,
许是因为小时候《杏林春暖》 《朝代》看多了吧
because I watched a lot of “General Hospital and”Dynasty” as a child.
所以早上起床后
And so I got up that morning,
我收拾一番 准备好去见州长
ready to go to visit the governor.
我父母也受到了邀请 都起床了
My mom and my dad, who were also invited, got up,
我们出了门
and we went outside.
但我们没有上自己的车
But we didn’t get in our car.
在南方 一定得有辆车
And in the south, a car is a necessary thing.
我们没什么可选的公共交通方式
We don’t have a lot of public transit, there aren’t a lot of options.
但是如果你“撞了大运”住在了
But if you’re lucky enough to live in a community
一个没有车的社区里
where you don’t have a car,
那就只能乘公共交通工具了
the only option is public transit.
那就是我们所搭乘的了
And that’s what we had to take.
我们上了公交车
And so we got on the bus.
从迪凯特一路坐公交去了巴克海特
And we took the bus from Decatur all the way to Buckhead,
州长的官邸就在那儿
where the Governor’s Mansion sat on this
一个非常美的地方
really beautiful acreage of land,
官邸的黑色大门很长 从土地的一头延续到另一头
with these long black gates that ran the length of the property.
我们到了州长的官邸那儿
We get to the Governor’s Mansion,
按下了车铃
we pull the little lever
让人们知道我们到站了
that lets them know this is our stop,
我们下了公交车
we get off the bus,
父母和我穿过街道
my mom, my dad an I, we walk across the street
走上车道 因为那里有很多车开过来
and we walk up the driveway,because there are cars coming up,
载的是来自乔治亚州各地的学生们
cars bringing in students from all across the state of Georgia.
所以我们沿着路边走
So we’re walking along the side.
我们呈一个竖排沿路边走着
And as we walk single file along the side,
我父母将我夹在中间
my mom and dad sandwiching me to
以确保我不会被
make sure I don’t get hit by one of the cars,
载着其他致辞学生代表的车撞到
bringing in the other valedictorians,
我们朝警卫室走去
we approach the guard gate.
到门口时 门卫走了出来
When we get to the guard gate, the guard comes out.
他看看我 又看看我的父母
He looks at me, and he looks at my parents,
说道:“你们不能进去 这是私人活动”
and he says,”You don’t belong here, this is a private event.”
我父亲说:“不 这是我女儿史黛西
My dad says,”No, this is my daughter, Stacey.
她也是一位致毕业辞的代表”
She’s one of the valedictorians.”
但警卫没有看他手里的名单
But the guard doesn’t look at the checklist that’s in his hands.
他没有问我的母亲要
He doesn’t ask my mom for the invitation that’s
她放在大皮包底部的邀请函
at the bottom of her very voluminous purse.
而是朝我们身后的公交车看去
Instead, he looks over our shoulder at the bus,
因为在他心里
because in his mind,
汽车告诉了他谁应该在这里
the bus is telling him a story about who should be there.
很明显 我们穷得买不起车
And the fact that we were too poor to have our own car —
这就是他心里的想法
that was a story he told himself.
他从我的肤色上也看出来一些事情
And he may have seensomething in my skin color,
从我的打扮上也做出了一些判断
he may have seen something in my attire;
我不知道他在想什么
I don’t know what went through his mind.
但他最后又看了我一眼
But his conclusion was to look at me again,
眼神里满是轻蔑
and with a look of disdain, say,
说道:“我说过了 这是私人活动 你们不能进去”
“I told you, this is a private event. You don’t belong here.”
当时 我父母在为成为联合卫理公会的牧师而读书
my parents were studying to become United Methodist ministers,
但他们那时候还不是牧师
but they were not pastors yet.
于是他们很凶地和这个男人
And so they proceeded to engage this gentleman
讨论了一下他的“决策技巧”
in a very robust discussion of his decision-making skills.
我的父亲可能还说道
My father may have mentioned that
如果名单上没有我的名字
he was going to spend eternity in a very fiery place
他就去下地狱
if he didn’t find my name on that checklist.
当然了 那个男人最终核对了名单
And indeed, the man checks the checklist eventually,
找到了我的名字 让我们进去了
and he found my name,and he let us inside.
但我不记得与乔治亚州州长的会面了
But I don’t remember meeting the governor of Georgia.
我想不起来自己见到过来自
I don’t recall meeting my fellow valedictorians
180个学区的其他致辞学生代表
from 180 school districts.
我只记得那一天
The only clear memory I have of that day
有个男人站在
was a man standing in front
乔治亚州最有权势的场所面前
of the most powerful place in Georgia,
看着我 告诉我 我不可以进去
looking at me and telling me I don’t belong.
所以 二十多年后
And so I decided, 20-some-odd years later,
我决定要成为打开那些大门的人
to be the person who got to open the gates.
很不幸 你们可能也已经猜到接下来发生了什么
Unfortunately, you may have read the rest of the story.
事情进展得并不那么顺利
It didn’t quite work out that way.
我现在要做的 就是想清楚:
And now I’m tasked with figuring out:
我要如何前进
How do I move forward?
因为你知道
Because, you see,
我不仅想为那些被低估 被告知不准进入的
I didn’t just want to open the gates for young black women
年轻黑人女性打开那些大门
who had been underestimated and told they don’t belong.
我还想为拉美裔
I wanted to open those gates for Latinas
和亚裔美国人打开大门
and for Asian Americans.
我想为有身份证明的
I wanted to open those gates
和没有身份证明的人们打开大门
for the undocumented and the documented.
我想为LGBTQ群体打开大门
I wanted to open those gates as an ally of the LGBTQ community.
我想为那些
I wanted to open those gates
受枪支暴力伤害的家庭打开大门
for the families that have to call themselves the victims of gun violence.
我想为乔治亚州的每个人 彻底打开大门
I wanted to open those gates widefor everyone in Georgia,
因为这是我们的州 我们的政府
because that is our state, and this is our nation,
我们都属于这里
and we all belong here.
但我发现 第一次的尝试还不够
But what I recognized is that the first try wasn’t enough.
并且问题变成了:我该如何前进
And my question became: How do I move forward?
我要如何跨越苦难
How do I get beyond the bitterness
悲伤
and the sadness
无精打采
and the lethargy
不再边吃冰淇淋边无节制地看电视剧
and watching an inordinate amount of television as I eat ice cream?
我接下来该做什么呢?
What do I do next?
我要做我一直在做的事
And I’m going to do what I’ve always done.
我要继续前进 因为我决不能后退
I’m going to move forward,because going backwards isn’t an option
站立不动还远远不够
and standing still is not enough.
然后 通过思考我是谁 我想成为什么人
You see, I began my race for governor
我开始竞选州长
by analyzing who I was and what I wanted to be.
我做每件事之前都会问自己三个问题
And there are three questions I ask myself about everything I do,
无论是竞选还是创业
whether it’s running for officeor starting a business;
当我决定发起“新乔治亚州计划”
when I decided to start the New Georgia Project
去让大家登记投票时
to register people to vote;
或者当我开始最新的活动“乔治亚州公平之争”时
or when I started the latest action, Fair Fight Georgia.
不管我做什么 我都问自己三个问题:
No matter what I do, I ask myself three questions:
我想要什么?
What do I want?
我为什想要它?
Why do I want it?
我怎样得到它?
And how do I get it?
在做“公平之争”时 我知道我想要什么
And in this case, I know what I want.
我想要改变
I want change.
改变就是我想要的
That is what I want.
但问题是:
But the question is:
我想要看到怎样的改变?
What change do I want to see?
我知道我得问自己:
And I know that the questions I have to ask myself are:
一 我是否知道自己有多大的雄心壮志
One, am I honest about the scope of my ambition?
因为我们很容易想通
Because it’s easy to figure out that
一旦你得不到自己想要的
once you didn’t get what you wanted,
那你应该稍微降低一下自己的目标
then maybe you should have set your sights a little lower,
但我在这里想说的是 你要积极地追求自己的雄心壮志
but I’m here to tell you to be aggressive about your ambition.
不要让挫折阻止你前进
Do not allow setbacks to set you back.
二 了解自己的错误
Number two, let yourself understand your mistakes.
也要了解其他人的错误
But also understand their mistakes,
因为 特别是女性
because, as women in particular,
被教导说 如果没有做成某件事
we’re taught that if something doesn’t work out,
很可能是我们的错
it’s probably our fault.
通常 我们可以把事情做得更好
And usually, there is something we could do better,
但我们被教导不要去过多地钻研
but we’ve been toldnot to investigate too much
对方会怎么做
what the other side could have done.
这不是对某个党派 这针对的是人
And this isn’t partisan — it’s people.
我们经常被告知 错误是自己犯的
We’re too often toldthat our mistakes are ours alone,
但胜利是共享的
but victory is a shared benefit.
因此我想让你们 去了解自己的错误
And so what I tell you to do is understand your mistakes,
但同时也要了解其他人的错误
but understand the mistakes of others.
对此要保持头脑清楚
And be clearheaded about it.
要忠诚于自己
And be honest with yourself
并忠于支持自己的人
and honest with those who support you.
但是一旦你知道自己想要什么
But once you know what you want,
要明白为什么想要它
understand why you want it.
比如虽然报仇雪恨的感觉很爽 但那不是个“正经”理由
And even though it feels good, revenge is not a good reason.
你应当确保那是你想要的
Instead, make sure you want it
因为事情分 你应该做的
because there’s somethingnot that you should do,
和你必须做的
but something you must do.
你想做的应当是
It has to be something that doesn’t allow you to sleep at night
如果不梦到它就无法入睡的事情
unless you’re dreaming about it;
应当是能唤醒你
something that wakes you up in the morning
让你感到很兴奋的事
and gets you excited about it;
或让你感觉极端愤怒的事情
or something that makes you so angry,
你知道你得为此做点什么
you know you have to do something about it.
但同时知道为什么要去做
But know why you’re doing it.
也知道为什么必须做到
And know why it must be done.
你曾听过世界各地的女性
You’ve listened to womenfrom across this world
谈论为什么一定要做某事
talk about why things have to happen.
但是弄清楚于你自己的那个“为什么”
But figure out what the”why” is for you,
因为从“你想要什么”到“去做”时
because jumping from the”what” to the”do”
如果你不知道“为什么” 一切将毫无意义
is meaningless if you don’t know why.
因为当事情变得困难重重
Because when it gets hard, when it gets tough,
当你的朋友相继离开
when your friends walk away from you,
当支持者放弃你
when your supporters forget you,
当你的第一次竞选没有胜出
when you don’t win your first race —
如果你不知道“为什么” 你就无法再次尝试
if you don’t know why, you can’t try again.
因此 首先知道你想要什么
So, first know what you want.
然后 知道为什么想要
Second, know why you want it,
第三 知道怎么去做到
but third, know how you’re going to get it done.
我在这次竞选时受到了一些挫折
I faced a few obstacles in this race.
只有一点儿挫折
Just a few.
但在追寻之中
But in the pursuit,
我成了美国历史上第一位
I became the first black woman to ever become the nominee for governor
被主要政党提名为州长的黑人女性
in the history of the United States of America for a major party.
但更重要的是 在竞选中
But more importantly, in this process,
我们最终在乔治亚州有120万名非裔美籍投票人
we turned out 1.2 millionAfrican American voters in Georgia.
比2014年为民主党投票的人还多
That is more voters than voted on the Democratic side of the ticket in 2014.
我们的竞选活动让
Our campaign tripled the number of Latinos
相信自己受乔治亚政府重视的拉丁美洲人增至原来的三倍
who believed their voices matteredin the state of Georgia.
也让站出来说:
We tripled the number of Asian Americas
“这也是我们的国家”的亚裔美国人数增至三倍
who stood up and said,”This is our state, too.”
成功的经验告诉我该如何去获得成功
Those are successes that tell me how I can get it done.
也让我懂得挫折并非无法克服
But they also let me understandthe obstacles aren’t insurmountable.
只是有点难而已
They’re just a little high.
但我也懂得
But I also understand that
我们永远受限于三件事
there are three things that always hold us hostage.
第一是经济
The first is finances.
目前 你可能已经听说了 我有点儿财政赤字
Now, you may have heard, I’m in a little bit of debt.
如果没听过的话 你可能没出过门儿
If you didn’t hear about it,you did not go outside.
经济问题经常让我们止步不前
And finances are somethingthat holds us back so often,
我们的梦想受到自身所拥有资源的限制
our dreams are boundedby how much we have in resources.
但我们听过无数次
But we hear again and again the stories
那些克服了资源问题的人们的故事
of those who overcome those resource challenges.
但是你不能克服你无法启齿的事情
But you can’t overcomesomething you don’t talk about.
这也是我不会让他们在竞选时用债务来羞辱我的原因
And that’s why I didn’t allow them to debt-shame me in my campaign.
我不会让任何人告诉我
I didn’t allow anyone to tell me
我因缺少机会
that my lack of opportunity
而无法参加竞选
was a reason to disqualifyme from running.
相信我 人们都劝我不要去参加竞选
And believe me, people triedto tell me I shouldn’t run.
朋友们说我不要去竞选
Friends told me not to run.
盟友们跟我说不要去竞选
Allies told me not to run.
《今日美国》写到或许我不该参加竞选
“USA Today” mentionedmaybe I shouldn’t run.
但无论谁说
But no matter who it was,
我理解经济的困窘
I understood that finances
往往是我们无法拥有梦想的一个原因
are often a reason we don’t let ourselves dream.
我无法说你总能克服那些困难
I can’t say that you will alwaysovercome those obstacles,
但我可以告诉你
but I will tell you,
不去尝试的人 才真的是该死呢
you will be damned if you do not try.
第二是恐惧
The second is fear.
恐惧是真实的
And fear is real.
它让你无法行动
It is paralyzing.
它恐吓你
It is terrifying.
但它也是充满能量的
But it can also be energizing,
因为一旦你知道你在恐惧什么
because once you know what you’re afraid of,
就可以想办法克服它
you can figure out how to get around it.
第三是疲惫
And the third is fatigue.
有时你只是不想再试一试了
Sometimes you just get tired of trying.
你厌倦了琢磨流程 政策
You get tired of readingabout processes and politics
和阻碍你向目标奋进的那些事情
and the things that stop you from getting where you want to be.
有时 疲倦意味着我们接受了职责 不再努力
Sometimes, fatigue means that we acceptposition instead of power.
我们允许某人给我们一个权当安慰的头衔
We let someone give us a titleas a consolation prize,
而意识不到我们知道
rather than realizing we know what
自己想要什么并将去得到它
we want and we’re going to get it,
即使我们已疲惫不堪
even if we’re tired.
这时候就听上帝的 小憩一会儿
That’s why God created naps.
但同时我们也知道
But we also learn in those moments
疲惫有助于检测我们有多想成功
that fatigue is an opportunity to evaluate how much we want it.
因为如果你被打败了
Because if you are beaten down,
如果你尽全力
if you have worked as hard as you can,
如果你实现了你的誓言
if you have done everythingyou said you should,
还是没能成功 疲惫让你精疲力尽
and it still doesn’t work out, fatigue can sap you of your energy.
但这正是你寻找“为什么”的原因
But that’s why you go backto the”why” of it.
因为我知道必须有女性来为弱者发声
Because I know we have to have women who speak for the voiceless.
我知道必须有已觉醒的人
I know we have to have peopleof good conscience
站出来反抗压迫
who stand up against oppression.
我知道必须有人懂得
I know we have to have people who understand
社会公正属每个人
that social justice belongs to us all.
这就是我早起的动力
And that wakes me up every morning,
这让我愈发强大
and that makes me fight even harder.
因为我在前进 我知道自己的过去是什么样
Because I am moving forward,knowing what is in my past.
我知道他们为我设了重重关隘
I know the obstacles they have for me.
他们肯定会那么做的
I know what they’re going to do,
我敢保证 他们正干劲儿十足地
and I’m fairly certain they’re energizing
给我设难题
and creating new obstacles now.
但他们已经用四年的时间来为难我了
But they’ve got four yearsto figure it out.
可能是两年的时间
Maybe two.
但我认为:
But here’s my point:
我知道我渴望的是公正
I know what I want, and that is justice.
我知道我为什么渴望公正
I know why I want it,
因为贫穷即邪恶 是我们国家的污点
because poverty is immoral, and it is a stain on our nation.
我知道我该如何得到公正:
And I know how I’m going to get it:
每一天 都奋力前行
by moving forward every single day.
谢谢大家
Thank you so much.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

你想要什么? 你为什么想要? 你该如何去做?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

来吧!尉英俊

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJHwOwirjA

相关推荐