alux.com LUXURY & FINE LIVING
25 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT GERMANY
Currently, considered the most capitalist country in the world,
a land of efficiency, Germany stands out between the rest of the countries
as a suitable financial model, and also as an example of recovering from a dark past.
Here are some things you might not know about Germany.
1 德国有8100万人口 是欧盟人口最多的国家
1. With 81 million people, Germany has the largest population in the European Union.
2 柏林的面积比巴黎大九倍 并且桥的数量比威尼斯还多
2. Berlin is nine times bigger than Paris and has more bridges than Venice.
3 在德国 试图越狱的囚犯将不会受到惩罚
3. In Germany, there is no punishment for a prisoner who tries to escape from jail.
Because it is a basic human instinct to be free.
4. The first magazine ever seen was launched in 1663 in Germany.
5 一战后 德国男性数量骤减
5. After World War Ⅰ, there were so few men in Germany
that only one in three women would find a husband.
6 在德国 在高速路上耗尽油量是违法行为
6. In Germany, it’s illegal to run out of fuel on highways.
7 1989年至2009年期间 德国境内约2000所学校
7. From 1989 to 2009, about 2,000 schools were closed in Germany
because of the scarcity of children.
The general population is also in decline by two million in the last decade.
8. Hamburgers got their name from Hamburg, Germany.
9 2014年 德国官方正式废除了大学学费
9. In 2014, Germany officially abolished college tuition fees,
even for international students.
10. 60 percent of YouTubers, 1,000 most popular videos are blocked in Germany.
11. Around 5,500 World War Ⅱ bombs are discovered in Germany every year and defused,
an average of 15 per day.
12 1917年 德国向墨西哥提议 通过进攻美国的方式加入一战
12. In 1917, Germany invited Mexico to join World War Ⅰ by attacking the US,
in order to recover the lost territories of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona.
13. Fanta originated in Germany,
as a result of difficulties importing coca-cola syrup into Nazi Germany during World War Ⅱ.
14 一战期间 英格兰国王 俄国的两位沙皇
14. During World War Ⅰ, the king of England and two Tsar of Russia
and the Emperor of Germany were all first cousins.
15. There’s a building project in Berlin, Germany,
where they want to build a Christian Church, a mosque and a synagogue all in one.
16 在德国 行纳粹举手礼是一种犯罪行为
16. Performing the Nazi salute in Germany is a criminal offence,
punishable by up to three years in prison.
And the 17. On average, German women gave birth to the first child at 29 years old.
18. Nearly a third of Germany is powered by renewable energy.
19. Germany and Japan have the lowest birth rates in the world.
20. One percent of Germany’s population is genetically immune to HIV.
21. The Nazi official uniforms were designed by Hugo Boss.
22 在柏林 你可以找到世界上最大的动物园
22. In Berlin, you can find the world’s largest zoo.
23. The tradition of decorating the Christmas tree started in Germany.
24 20世纪60年代 在德国燃烧避孕套似乎是违法行为
24. Apparently, in 1960s, Germany lighting a condom on fire was illegal,
two of the Beatles members found that out the hard way and got deported from Germany.
25. Germany contributed with some of the world’s greatest inventions,
如自动计算器 电视 怀表
such as the automated calculator, the TV, the pocket watch,
paraffin, the Walkman and the LCD screen.
所以 谢谢你 德国
So, I thank you, Germany.
Thank you for spending some time with us.
Use the annotations on our left to read the full story,
and subscribe to our luxurious Channel.
We also hand-picked these videos we think you might enjoy.
For more luxury stories like this one, go to ALUX.com,
the homepage of luxury and fine living.