未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

停止懒惰需要了解的 2 件事 – 意志力

2 Things You Need to Understand to Stop Being Lazy – Willpower by Roy Baumeister

In the 70s, there was an experiment where they took a look at students
在70年代有一项实验 他们通过观察学生
and the assumption was that there would be a positive correlation between the students turning in their assignments
并猜想学生按时交作业与穿着干净的袜子之间
on time and wearing clean socks.
存在正相关
But the results were absolutely the opposite.
但结果却完全相反
Indeed, the psychologist jokingly said, “Apparently, the students could either get their homework done
事实上 这位心理学家开玩笑说:“显然 学生要么每天完成作业
or change their socks every day but not both.”
要么每天换袜子 但两者不能兼得。”
There was another experiment that took place in Baumeister’s lab, where hungry students walked in
Baumeister的实验室还做了另一项实验 带来一些饥饿的学生
and some of them were allowed to eat freshly baked cookies but others were
让其中一些人吃新鲜的烤饼干 而其他人
only given radishes.
只吃萝卜
And of course these students had to exercise a lot of self-control not to eat the cookies
当然这些学生要忍住不吃饼干就会消耗很大的意志力
especially as the researchers left the lab and observed the participants through a hidden window.
尤其是在研究人员离开实验室 并通过隐藏的窗户观察参与者的时候
So after successfully torturing them, the researchers brought in these two sets of students and
所以成功让他们受到折磨之后 研究人员会把这两组学生带进来
gave them an impossible puzzle to solve.
给他们一个无解的拼图
And the results were quite fascinating…
结果非常有趣……
The group who’d been allowed to eat the cookies, along with a control group of hungry
吃饼干的一组 以及没吃任何食物的
students who weren’t given any kind of food, went on to work on the puzzle for 20 minutes!
饥饿学生对照组 他们坚持了20分钟就放弃了拼图
While the group who’d been assigned to eat the radishes and had already exercised their
然而吃萝卜的一组由于之前已经消耗了意志力
willpower earlier went on to work on the puzzles for only 8 minutes.
他们只坚持了8分钟就放弃了
And these sorts of experiments have been replicated over and over again.
这类实验重复了一次又一次
Turns out if you walk into a mall and give people simple math problems to solve,
事实证明 如果你走进一家商场 让人们解答简单的数学题
the ones who have been shopping for much longer will give up on the problems much faster.
购物时间越长的人会越快放弃这些问题
So you might be sitting there thinking, “Ok, cool, these experiments are fascinating,”
所以你可能会坐在那想 “好吧 这些实验真有趣”
or maybe you’re bored out of your mind, but understanding the implications of these experiments
或者你可能感觉无聊透了 但理解这些实验的影响
can make you a lot more productive and completely change how you plan out your day
会让你更有效率 完全改变你一天的计划
just like it did for me.
就像我一样
So what are the implications?
所以有哪些影响呢
Well, one…
好 一个是……
You have to understand that you have a finite amount of willpower
你必须明白 你的意志力是有限的
and it gets depleted as you use it.
你使用它 它就会减少
And two…
第二个是……
You use the same stock of willpower for all tasks.
你用同样的意志力完成所有任务
A lot of people say things like, “Well, I have enough willpower to do my work but
很多人会这样说:“我有足够的意志力去工作
I never have enough willpower for exercising when I come home.”
但我回家后却没有足够的意志力锻炼”
Well, it’s not that you have a different stock of willpower for work and exercising.
这不是因为你在工作和锻炼方面有不同的意志力
It’s more likely that you’ve completely depleted your willpower at work and now you
更大的可能是你在工作时已经耗尽了意志力
don’t have enough to go exercise.
现在就没有足够的意志力去锻炼了
It’s the same thing if we look back at the sock experiment.
如果我们回顾一下袜子实验也是一样的
If you go to the laundry room for two hours and do your laundry, it’s a lot harder for you
如果你去洗衣房洗了两个小时的衣服
to now get working on your assignment as opposed to a student who went straight to the homework.
相比直接去做作业的学生 你现在做作业要困难得多
It’s the same thing if you wake up on a Saturday, and instead of doing your creative work first,
如果你周六醒来 不先做创造性的工作
you go grocery shopping.
而是去杂货店购物 也会有同样的结果
You have to make a decision for every little thing you buy and you’re probably familiar
你必须对你买的每一件小东西做决定
with the exhaustion that comes from shopping for a long time.
所以你可能很熟悉长时间购物带来的疲惫感
Another person will wake up and start doing the creative work first and he’s going to
而另一个醒来后先做创造性工作的人
get a lot more accomplished.
会完成更多的工作
So it’s extremely important to understand how willpower works.
所以了解意志力如何发挥作用非常重要
The people who understand this are much more effective in life than the ones who don’t.
生活中懂这一点的人会比不懂的人效率高得多
The author Neil Strauss for example has his meals automatically delivered to him
比如作家Neil Strauss 每天都有人自动给他送餐
Now a person who doesn’t understand how willpower works might say,
现在不了解意志力如何发挥作用的人可能会说:
“Well, what awaste of money.
“好吧 真浪费钱
You know what, that’s stupid.
你知道的 那有些蠢
I’m gonna cook my own meals…”
我打算自己做饭……”
And save the $10 or whatever it is,
还能省下10美元什么的
except he’ll deplete his willpower and won’t be able to dedicate his time to writing as much.
只是他会耗尽意志力 无法把多数时间花在写作上
so in turn he’ll lose out on mastering writing and even if you were to look at it purely financially,
这样他就不能掌握写作 即使纯粹从经济上看
lose thousands and thousands of dollars in the end.
他最终也会失去成千上万美元
So my hope with creating this video is that next time you wake up and your intentions
所以我做这个视频是希望下次你醒来时
for that day are to get things done, you won’t start your day off with opening up Facebook
一天的目标是把任务完成 而不是早上第一件事就是打开脸书
the first thing in the morning and wasting willpower on whether you wanna click on Britney’s
然后把意志力浪费在是要先点击Britney的
pictures first or the blog that’s gonna lie to you.
照片还是具有欺骗性的博客上
You won’t open up your email first thing in the morning and reply to every little thing
你早上的第一件事不要先打开邮件 回复一些小事
before you make time for your creative work.
然后再腾出时间做创造性的工作
You won’t wake up and spend thirty minutes thinking about what you want to have for breakfast that day.
你不要一醒来就花费30分钟来思考今天早上想吃什么
In fact, you’ll automate as much as you can even if it has to be food being delivered
事实上 即使是送食物 你也要尽可能得自动化
to you like Neil Strauss so you can focus on what is actually important.
就像Neil Strauss一样 以便你能够专注于真正重要的事情
Because you realize that every unimportant thing you do depletes your willpower that
因为你知道 自己所做的每一件无关紧要的事都会消耗意志力
you could have dedicated to the one important thing you most want in your life.
而你本可以将意志力投入到生命中最想要的重要东西上
Again, most people do not understand how willpower works, are completely wasteful with it, and
再强调一遍 大多数人不明白意志力是如何起作用的 完全浪费意志力
are always unable to get things done.
总是无法完成任务
You have that understanding.
你也会有那样的理解
Now all you need to do is take a look at your day and see if you’re honoring the science of willpower.
现在你要做的就是看看你的一天是否遵循意志力的科学
Are you starting your day off by wasting time and willpower deciding what you’re going
你是否每天都这样开始自己的一天:浪费时间和意志力来决定
to eat every morning?
早上吃什么
Well, maybe it’s time you go back to the board and do some planning.
好吧 也许你应该在黑板上做些计划了
Are you saving your creative work for some time later in the day?
你是否把你的创造性工作留到晚些时候去做
Well, maybe it’s time that you realize that it has to come first.
好吧 也许是时候让你意识到它必须排在第一位了
Are you focusing on accomplishing twenty different things?
你是否专注于完成20件不同的事情
Well, maybe it’s time that you realize that that’s realistically never going to happen
好吧 也许是时候让你意识到现实中这是不可能的
and it’s time to pick the one important thing and do it well.
是时候挑一件重要的事情并把它做好了

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

停止懒惰需要了解的两件事

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

审核员

审核员SRY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iqiRCQWRmA

相关推荐