未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

这13件事千万不要做

13 Everyday Things You Should Really Stop Paying For

大家好 我是换了新短发造型的
Hey guys, it’s Chelsea from the Financial Diet
“撙节支出”的主播切尔西
with some new short hair.
本周的视频由Freshbooks赞助播出
And this week’s video is brought to you by Freshbooks.
今天我想直奔主题
So today I kind of want to hop right into it,
因为我曾打算列一个 日常生活中
because I wanted to put together a list of everyday items
我们习以为常的消费项目的清单
that we’re used to spending money on,
那些我们几乎认为是必不可少
that we almost think it’s kind of obligatory expenses,
但却很容易从我们的预算中削减的开支
but are super easy to cut out in our budget.
我承认 你有可能没在
Now granted, you might not be spending money
这儿提到的任一项上花过钱
on every single one of these items.
但也许 这里至少有一两项是你可以果断削减的
But chances are, there’s at least one or two that you could cut out right away.
那么 我们一起来看看吧
So let’s get right into it.
下面就是13个日常生活中
Here are 13 everyday items
你真的应当停止消费的项目
you should really stop spending money on.
第一项是最显而易见的
NO.1 is the most obvious,
那就是独立包装的瓶装水
and that is individual bottles of water.
买一个……净水器
Get the… a Brita filter.
假如你像我一样喜欢苏打水
And if you like sparkling water like myself,
那就买个……苏打水机
get the… a SodaStream.
这样做不仅可以
Not only is it pennies on the dollar
省下一笔钱
to fill your own water bottle,
而且也是一种更加环保的方式
but it’s also way-way better for the environment.
没错 这我们都知道
And yes, we all generally know this,
但却总是免不了(去购买瓶装水)
but it always bears repeating.
为了进一步起到激励作用
And for further incentive,
你可以为自己买一个非常可爱的水杯
you can get yourself a really cute water bottle.
第二项是过期的食物
NO.2 is expired food.
有个有趣的现实
So here’s a fun fact.
对食品公司应怎样标注其产品的
There’s actually no uniformed government regulation
保质期 最佳食用日期等等
on how food companies are required to label
并没有统一的政府法规
their sell-by-dates, their good-until-dates, etc.
例如 牛奶
For example, with milk.
每个州都有不同的规定 有些地方甚至
It’s a state-by-state regulation and there are many states
没有强制规定要求牛奶必须标注日期
that don’t even have a mandatory regulation on dating milk.
正因为在不同情况下有如此多的标准
And because these are very arbitrary standards in a lot of cases,
你需要站在食品公司的角度来考虑
put yourself in the mind of the food company.
他们希望你快速且大量地购买其产品
They want you to buy more of these items at a faster rate,
这就意味着这些产品标注的保质期
which means that the sell-by-dates on these products
通常早于
are often way too early,
它们完全失效的时间
if they’re not totally unnecessary period.
平均而言 如果食物保存条件适当
On average, if food is stored properly,
你差不多能使它们的保质期延长一倍
you can almost double the average sell-by date.
对生肉或鱼一类食物
And for things like raw meat and fish,
如果你觉得没法很快吃完
you can put them in the freezer to store for months at a time,
有时可以把它们放入冰箱保存数月
if you don’t think you’ll use them right away.
下面有一个便捷的数据库链接
We’ve included a link below to a handy database
你可以参考它来确定每种食物
so will give you a really good idea of how long
在过了保质期后还能储存多久
each food item can be kept past their sell-by date.
千万不要再浪费钱买多余的食物替代品了
Stop wasting money on unnecessary replacements for food.
第三项是所有不值得你花钱的
NO.3 is all of the unlimitedpasses and memberships for things
无限通行证和会员卡
that you’re not getting your money’s worth on.
从健身课到公共交通
Now those is everything from gym classes to public transport,
到亚马逊金牌会员及好市多
to Amazon Prime, to Costco.
所有那些你充值了会员
Anything where you’re getting a membership
被允许无限制地做某件事
that allows you to do something in an unlimited fashion,
然而你的使用次数并不能享受到优惠价
but you’re not doing it enough to justify the price.
例如 我们的总编霍莉
For example, Holly, our managing editor,
过去常常办理纽约地铁无限通行证
used to pay for the unlimited subway pass here in New York.
这大约需要花费120美元
It costs about a 120 dollars.
然而她通过计算后发现
But she did the math and realize that
她每月在这项通行上的消费仅有75美元
she was only using about $75worth of that pass every month.
因此她现在选择按次数支付费用
So now she just pays per ride.
另一方面 例如
On the other hand, for example.
我常常使用亚马逊会员特权
I use the hell out of my Amazon Prime membership,
它在购物方面非常划算
and it’s totally worth it in terms of shipping.
但你可能是一个几乎不怎么用亚马逊的人
But you might be someone who almost never orders of Amazon,
那么这每年100美元的会员费就很不值
so that $100 yearly fee is not worth it.
请确保你并不是不假思索地
Just make sure that you don’t automatically think
把无限制当作最好的交易
unlimited means the best deal possible.
实际计算一下你在这方面究竟能花多少钱
Actually do the math on how much you use it.
第四项是过多的卷纸
NO.4 is excessive paper towels.
我们推荐你把用量控制在两周一卷
We encourage you to limit yourself to one roll every two weeks.
显然有那么一些
There are obviously certain times
必须使用卷纸的时候
when you’re going to have to use paper towels.
因此我们并不是说完全不用它们
So we’re not saying never use them.
但是像清洁物体表面等情况
But there are things like cleaning surfaces
你的确不应当用它们
where you should not be using them.
因为这会让你毫无必要的浪费一卷又一卷纸
Because that’s how you unnecessarily waste rolls and rolls of it.
我们推荐你准备
We recommend you grab yourself
一包坚固可再生的厨房抹布
a sturdy reusable pack of kitchen rags
用来擦柜台
to do everything from wipe down counters,
除灰 或是把不小心溅出的东西清理掉
to dust, to just clean up when something accidentally spills.
这样做更环保
It’s better for the environment,
同时从长远来看也更省钱
and it’s also way cheaper in the long run.
第五项是超额的手机流量
NO.5 is data overages on your cell phone.
这里有一些你应当遵循的原则
There’s a couple prom checklist that you should follow
可以确保你的手机套餐尽可能充分地被利用
to make sure that you’re always getting the most out of your phone plan
并且绝不花费不必要的流量
and never unnecessarily burning through data.
一 当你在家的时候
A, make sure you are always
确保你的手机始终连接无线
connected to your Wi-Fi when you’re home.
同时 你要经常检查
And you have to recheck it every so often,
因为有时它可能会断开
because sometimes it will just disconnect.
二 当你出门在外或白天时
B, if you want to listen to something like
如果你想听一些
a playlist or a podcast
歌单或播客
while you’re out and about during the day,
记得在家时把它们离线下载好
make sure to download it offline when you’re at home,
这样就不会消耗大量流量去在线收听了
so that you don’t have to burn through data listening to it.
三 如果你要在类似咖啡厅 酒吧等
And C, if you’re spending a long time in like a cafe,
地方待很久并且可能会上网
or a bar and might go online,
一定要看看那里是否有
make sure to see if they have Wi-Fi
可以连接的无线网络
that you can connect to.
这样即使是在应用程序这方面
So even just for things like your applications,
你也不会用掉大量流量
you’re not using a ton of data.
这些都是很小的改变 没错
These are small changes, yes.
但如果你认真做到这些
But if you follow them religiously, you can find yourself
月末时你会发现自己省下了很多钱
saving dozens of dollars at the end of the month,
因为你的流量不再经常超支
because you’re not constantly going through data overages.
第六项是昂贵的宠物食品
NO.6 is fancy pet treats.
如果你现在没有自己的宠物
Now something you are probably not aware of,
可能不会意识到
if you don’t have your own pet,
宠物粮 尤其是那些有机的
is that treats, especially the nice organic treats
不是90%化学合成的宠物粮 真的贵的出奇
that are not just 90% chemicals, are really weirdly expensive.
没开玩笑 我们橱柜里一袋给莫娜的
No joke. Just one of the bags of natural chicken shoes
天然鸡肉就要14美元
that we have for Mona in our cabinet was $14.
我自己吃的零食都没这么贵
I don’t even eat $14 snacks.
最近我们在尝试自己给她做食物
We’ve recently tried making homemade treats for her.
我跟你讲 这两者的花费简直是天壤之别
And let me tell you, the price difference is night and day.
你也可以为你的宠物制作
You can literally make the same quantity
以肉为基础的食物 只需要2美元
of actual meat-based treats for your animal, for like $2.
没错 这需要费点功夫
Yes, it takes a little effort,
但你可以一次多做点
but you can make them in bulk.
并且 如果你在宠物粮上的开支减少到
And if your animal treat budget
每年几百美元
is getting into the hundreds every year,
还是很划算的
it’s definitely worth it.
我们为你准备了有很多说明资源的链接
We’ve linked you in the description to a great resource
你可以参照它们开始自制狗粮
to start making your own DIY dog treats.
第七项是定价过高的化学制品
NO.7 is overpriced chemical Laden,
清洁用品和化妆品
cleaning products and cosmetics.
我们橱柜里的大部分产品
Most of the products in our cabinets,
不论是用于物品还是我们自身
whether for our countertops or our faces,
普遍定价过高且含有很多不必要的化学成分
are extremely overpriced and full of chemicals that are not necessary.
举例来说 生活中最大的谬误就是
For example, one of the big myths that we live with
“我们需要相应的清洁产品
is that we need a separate cleaning product
来清洁不同的表面”
for basically every surface in our home.
事实上不仅有好用的多功能清洁剂
Not only are there great all-purpose cleaners out there
可以用来清洁各种地方
that are good for everything
不论是地板 炉灶还是木质台面
from a floor to a stove, to a wood countertop,
而且可以用一些很简单的
but there are also super easy
自制方法来解决很多问题
to make DIY in a lot of cases.
只要一点柠檬汁和醋
Just a little lemon juice and vinegar
就可以完成大多数你以为
will take care of about half of the cleaning
用那些昂贵的瓶装产品
that you’ve been outsourcing
才能完成的清洁工作
to these expensive bottled products.
就化妆品而言
And when it comes to cosmetics,
一些油和糖类物质就可以很好的
things like oils and sugars are great for doing the everyday cleansing
替代我们常用的清洁产品
that we’re used to doing with products.
例如 每天使用橄榄油和粗糖
For example, everyday olive oil and a raw sugar
就可以很好的清洁你的身体
make a great scrub for your body.
并且只使用橄榄油
And that same olive oil by itself
就可以很好的卸掉眼妆
is great to take off your eye makeup.
同时 有机蜂蜜是一个
And one of the best all-purpose face masks out there
最好的多功能面膜
is just some organic honey.
把它涂在脸上 等待变干
Put on your face, allowed to dry,
然后轻轻洗掉
and then gently washed off.
我们同样会提供一个有很棒资源的链接
We’ve linked you to some great resources in the description
帮助你开始自己制作清洁剂和化妆品
to starting to make your own cleaning products and cosmetics at home.
这并不是让你在一夜之间把所有东西都替换掉
And while you’re not going to replace every item overnight,
重要的是你应当开始转变自己的心态
what’s important is that you start shifting your mindset
有多少产品需要从商店购买
from how much of these products need to be store-bought,
其中又有多少是你真正需要的
and how many of them in total you really need.
第八项是玷污或损坏的衣服
NO.8 is stained or ruined clothes.
这个有一点不同
Now this one is a little bit in reverse.
因为与其花钱买替代的衣服
Because instead of spending money on replacing clothes,
还不如提前买一些
you need to start spending money upfront
去污剂 增白剂等
on keeping things like little stain remover sheets,
并且随身携带
bleach pens and tied pens to keep with you.
这样如果发生意外状况
So that when something happens,
你就可以在衣物完全毁掉前
you can take care of that right away
立刻采取一些措施
before the clothing item is ruined.
例如 我昨晚做饭的时候
For example, last night I was cooking
不小心把香蒜酱弹到了一件白衬衣上
and I accidentally flicked a little bit of pesto on a white shirt,
假如你对衣服污渍没什么了解的话
which, if you’re not familiar with the wide world of clothing stains,
这大概是你在一件衣服上遇到的
is probably one of the worst things
最糟糕的事情之一
that you can get on a piece of clothing.
因为这不仅是油状的 而且还是亮绿色的
Because it’s not only oil, it’s extremely bright green.
但幸运的是 我有漂白剂
Luckily though, I had a bleach pen on hand
刚好放在厨房橱柜中
right in my kitchen cabinet,
这样我就可以立刻对污渍进行处理
which I was able to remove the stain with immediately
然后用冷水漂洗
and then soak it in a little cold water.
要是手边没有漂白剂
Without having that on hand,
我就不得不换一件衬衣了
I would have needed to replace the shirt,
因为污渍不及时清洗会毁了整件衣服
because letting that stain sit would have ruined it.
在过去一年里我能想起五次
I can think of like five occasions in the past year,
因为使用这些清洁剂
so that I’ve been able to use these wipes or pens
使我的衣服免于报废的例子
and each time it is saved an item of clothing.
提前准备好这些只是很小的一件事
It’s a tiny bit of planning ahead,
但是你一定会为这种准备感到高兴
but you will be so glad when you have it.
第九项是你也许再也不会用第二次的
NO.9 is full-size jars of things like herbs and spices
一整罐香草和香料
that you will probably not use again.
这点有时候很重要
It’s important that from time to time,
我们逐渐愿意尝试
we step outside of our culinary comfort zone
一些过去没试过的烹饪方法
and cook things that we are not used to cooking.
在许多时候 这些料理需要
And a lot of times these dishes require something like
用到一些我们以前从未用到过的香料
a spice that we’ve never used before,
并且以后可能不会再用
and are honestly not likely to use again.
在这种情况下
And in that case,
花一点时间去类似
take the time to go to a store
全食超市或者
like a Whole Foods or a specialty store,
有散装香料出售的专卖店
where they have bulk herbs and spices
就可以按需购买
so that you can get just enough of what you need.
把橱柜里那些
Take it from someone whose spice cabinet is like
三成都是为了做一顿复杂料理而
30% spices that I got randomly for
随机购买却再也没用过的香料都扔掉吧
like one kind of complicated dish and then never used again.
就像我的这罐姜黄粉
Such as this jar of turmeric that I have,
我搬了四次家都带着它
that I’ve taken with me through like four apartments.
现在它已经结块了
And now it’s just solidified,
硬的像奇怪的姜黄块
and hardened into this weird like clump of turmeric.
真的很不值
It’s not worth it. There are some spices that
生活中有一些经常用到的调味品
you will use on an almost daily basis,
也有一些再也不会用第二次的
and some that you’ll never use again.
这并不是不让你不去尝试
Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try it,
只是别买十美元一罐的就好
but just don’t get a $10 jar of it.
第十项是独立包装的切片食品
NO.10 is sliced and individually packaged food.
一般来说
As a general rule,
在任何情况下
Anytime of food is pre-sliced,
事先切片 分装或独立包装的食物
or pre-portioned, or individually wrapped,
都会毫无理由的更贵
it is going to be more expensive for basically no reason.
不论是奶酪或面包
And this is everything from cheese to bread,
零食糕点或肉类
to little snack cakes, to meat.
选择买未封装的食物吧
Start buying things unportioned.
如果你确实想把食物独立分装
And if you absolutely want to have everything in an individual serving size,
那就用可重复使用的容器自己分装
you can do it yourself with reusable containers.
但一般而言 花点时间去做一些
But generally speaking, taking the two seconds to do something like
用新鲜食物和奶酪切片做三明治这种事情
slice of fresh, slice of cheese off a block for your sandwich,
从金钱 口感 环境角度来说
is going to be way better in terms of money,
都是更好的方式
in terms of taste, and also for the environment.
因为你没有毫无节制的使用塑料制品
Because you’re not using a ton of plastic for no reason.
第十一项是单独的厨房储具和烤盘
NO.11 is separate kitchen storage and bakeware.
很多时候我都在想
A lot of times I think mentally,
我们认为需要一些东西
we imagine that we have to have sort of separate items
用来分类存放烹饪用具和食物
for each part of our cooking and food storage life.
例如 我想过很多次
For example, I think a lot of times
大家会有类似特百惠塑料盒或包
we’ll have like plastic Tupperware,
用来存储 接着还会有派热克斯玻璃烤盘
or bags for storage and then you’ll have Pyrex bakeware.
甚至还会有专门用来冷藏保存的
And then you’ll even have perhaps something else for freezer storage.
别再用这些了 为自己买一系列大小不同的特克斯玻璃容器
Cut that shit out. Get yourself one set of several different sizes of the Pyrex containers
就是那种带塑料盖的
that have the plastic tops on them.
你可以用它们装食物 随身携带
You can use them to store food, to take it with you.
也可以用它们烘焙或进行冷藏
You can bake with them and you can freeze them.
你只需要一种产品即可实现所有这些不同的功能
You only need one item to serve all these different functions.
另外 它们比塑料特百惠或外带盒时髦多了
And plus, they’re way more chic than the plastic Tupperware or takeout containers.
有一点需要注意:千万别把从冰箱里拿出来的
One tip though: never ever put a Pyrex dish
派热克斯玻璃容器直接放进烤箱
straight from the freezer into the oven,
除非你想看到玻璃炸的到处都是
unless you love having exploded glass everywhere.
一定要先解冻
you must thaw them first.
第十二项是你家里被浪费的空间
NO. 12 is wasted space in your home.
从储存和实际利用的角度
Start thinking of every square foot of your home,
就像真金白银那样考虑
both in terms of storage and practicality,
你家每平方英尺的空间
as having a dollar value.
因为的确可以
Because it does.
如果你有个完全无用的杂物抽屉
When you have a totally useless junk drawer,
或者没有充分利用的壁橱
or a closet that’s totally unoptimized.
或是一堆占用空间的旧衣服
or a bunch of old clothes that are just taking up space.
这都是在浪费你的钱
That is costing you money.
你至少应当每隔半年
At least once every six months,
做一次清理
you should be doing a cleaning,
对你的房间进行大幅度清理
slash purging, slash reorganizing in your home
来保证每英尺空间
to make sure that every square foot,
尤其是储存空间
especially in terms of storage,
都被合理地用来放置你需要用的东西
is being used efficiently and for things you actually use.
如果你支付租金储存自己根本用不到的物品
When you are paying rent to store things that you don’t even use,
基本上就等于把钱直接从窗户扔出去
that is throwing money out of the window.
对于另一些家里有完全空置房间的人来说
And that goes doublely for people who have houses with rooms
这种浪费会成倍增加
that they don’t even really go in.
我住在纽约 目前还没遇到过这种人
But, I live in New York, I don’t know people like that.
第十三项是不必要的一次性产品
NO. 13 is needlessly disposable products.
在日常生活中有很多产品
There are a lot of products in our day to day lives
是我们习惯当作一次性用品的
that we’re used to thinking of in terms of being disposable.
这些都在花费我们的钱
And that is costing us money.
对于女人来说 最好的例子就是剃刀
And a great example of that, for women at least, is razors.
我们在超市买那些精美的维纳斯一次性剃刀
We’re marketed those really nice Venus disposable razors
我们用16美元换来的只是
that cost like 16 dollars and you get like what,
变钝之前两周的正常使用期
a couple weeks of good use out of them before they get dull.
一把真正的剃刀
On a real razor,
通常由金属或其他材料精制而成
which are often metal or some other fancy material,
可以不时替换刀片
the actual little blade that you swap out every so often,
相对而言便宜多了
is pennies on the dollar.
问题在于 目前只面向男性市场供应
The problem is they’re really only marketed to men now
就像把你带回那些理发店四重唱岁月的
is this sort of like vintage hipster thing
复古潮人
that takes you back to the barbershop days.
马克•伊夫斯就是一个例子
But Mark Eves is one for example,
过去几年中 他在一次性剃刀这项上
and he must have saved like $300 in the past couple years
省下差不多300美元
on disposable razors.
虽然没有面向我们的市场 但女性也应当开始使用
They’re not marketed to us, but women should start using them too.
我们没理由白白把钱浪费在
There’s no reason that we should be throwing our money down the drain
那些大约三周就要更换整个刀头的
whether on the super disposable BIC razors,
特级可丢弃比克剃刀
or the fancy Venus ones
或精制维纳斯剃刀上
that have to have the head of the razor replaced like every three weeks
其它类似的不必要一次性产品还有
Some other examples of needlessly disposable products
旅行装化妆用品
are travel-sized toiletries.
你可以用一些小瓶子把日常化妆品装进去
Get those little bottles that you put your regular stuff into.
一次性筷子 除尘护垫 咖啡胶囊
Chopsticks, Swiffer pads, k-cups,
不可充电电池 保鲜袋
non-rechargeable batteries, sandwich bags,
即所有那些我们经常丢弃的东西
aka anything that you are constantly throwing away
都很容易被可重复利用的产品替代
that could be easily replaced with something you use again.
不管对于你来说是什么
Whatever your individual items happen to be,
关键在于从心理上戒掉这些一次性用品
the point is that you get out of the disposable mentality whenever possible.
一般来说 使用一次性产品只是用你的钱
Generally speaking, a disposable product just means costing you more money,
换来一点便利
for a little bit of convenience.
感谢大家观看本期内容
As always guys thank you so much for watching,
别忘了点支持按钮
and don’t forget to hit the subscribe button,
并在每周二继续关注我们的新视频
and to come back every Tuesday for new and awesome videos.
拜拜!本周视频由Freshbooks赞助播出
Bye! This week’s video was brought to you by Freshbooks,
我和劳拉管理着“撙节开支”栏目
So as you guys know Laura and I run TFD,
意味着有大量数据处理 发票
which means a lot of number crunching, invoicing
以及持续跟进的文书工作
and keeping track of paperwork.
如果你曾是自由作家 有副业或自己的项目
And if you’ve ever freelanced, side hustled or had your own project,
也许能体会到忙于记账的苦恼
you probably know what it feels like to be overwhelmed, just keeping track of numbers.
因此我们需要Fresh books
So that’s where fresh books comes in.
本质上 它是一个云端计算软件
Basically it’s a cloud accounting software
能使你持续跟进自己的交易
that allows you to keep track of your business
并且通过最简易的方式获得报酬
and get paid in the easiest way possible.
就像你的迷你助手
It basically acts like your own mini personal assistant,
记录你存取的每一笔钱
keeping track of everything from deposits to money you’re owed,
并同时提醒你
and reminding you along the way.
此外 它们建立了特有的工具 保证你更快获得报酬
Plus, their unique tools are set up to make sure that you get paid faster.
对正在收听的各位来说最重要的是
And most importantly for everyone listening
假如你像我一样 不是一个精通数学的人
who’s not a numbers person, like me,
FreshBooks 很容易操作
FreshBooks is designed to be extremely simple and easy to use,
特别是对于那些不擅长数学的人
especially if you’re not so good at math.
同时Freshbooks 会给本栏目观众提供
And fresh books is offering TFD viewers
30天无限制试用
a free 30 day trial no restrictions.
所以快去freshbooks.com/TFD网站
So go to freshbooks.com/TFD,
在“如何了解我们”那部分选择“撙节开支”
and enter the financial diet in the how did you hear about a section.
开始通过Freshbooks更快地获得报酬
Start getting paid faster with Freshbooks.
支持一下吧!
SUBSCRIBE!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

介绍生活中十三项不应该浪费钱的地方,帮助大家更好的省钱

听录译者

红花老七

翻译译者

sophie

审核员

审核团V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v253re5HlDw

相关推荐