未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

11个省钱之处

11 Things I Cut from My Budget and Don't Miss at All

大家好 我是Financial Diet的切尔西
Hi, it’s Chelsea from The Financial Diet,
今天我要聊聊那些我从预算中删去
and today I’m gonna be talking about things
且不会留恋的东西
that I have cut out of my budget that I don’t miss at all.
两年来 我在这个频道学到的一件重要事情
One of the biggest things I’ve learned in the past two years with TFD,
就是当你为某件物品花钱时
is how much something can seem like a total necessity
它看起来十分必要
when you’re spending on it
但当它用完了你甚至都没有察觉
that you really don’t even notice when it’s gone.
学会区分“需要”和“想要”
Learning to differentiate between need and want,
学会在拥有过多时舍弃
and learning to cut where you’re being excessive
是你在善用金钱时要学会的两件要事
are two of the biggest things you can do to get good with money.
我要说的这些刚好是我在用钱上的缺点
And these just happen to be my spending vices,
不过对你来说可能完全不是问题
for you they may seem totally obvious,
因为你不会在这上面乱花钱
so you may not spend on them already.
但重点是你需要对自己诚实
But the point is that you’d be honest with yourself and
对自己的预算情况诚实
what your budget looks like.
我在以下11个地方省钱
For me these are now 11 places where I save money,
而且丝毫不会心痛
and don’t feel the pinch.
1. 快速时尚
No.1 is fast fashion.
我之前在网站上写过相关文章
Now I’ve written about it before on the site,
在这个频道里也谈过
and I’ve talked about here before on the channel.
长话短说
But long story short is
就是我曾经在快速时尚店买很多衣服
that I used to shop a ton at fast fashion stores
比如H&M Forever21 Zara等牌子
like H&M, Forever21, Zara ect.
那些衣服基本最多只能穿一个季度
My clothes usually wouldn’t last for more than a season,
由于我需要频繁地替换旧衣服
and I ended up spending in the long run,
最终从长远来看我浪费了很多钱
way more because I would have to replace things so frequently.
在过去的一年半里 我只去过一家快速时尚店
Over the past year and a half, I’ve been to a fast fashion store
买过一件东西 除此之外
once for one thing, and other than that,
我就完全没有去过快速时尚店了
I’ve avoided it completely.
有时我会逛一下二手店
Sometimes I will go to thrift stores
有时我会把钱花在投资理财上
and sometimes I’ll spend more upfront on investment items,
但更多时候 我会去TJ Maxx和Marshall’s
but a lot of times I end up just going to places like TJ Maxx and Marshall’s
这些地方以类似的价格可以买到质量更好的东西
where prices are similar, but quality is way higher.
现在最重要的是 我常常购买减价商品
and most importantly now, I religiously buy on sale.
显然你会在这些打折店发现
And obviously you can find some of the lower quality,
有些商品质量较差 没那么好
less ethical stuff at these discount stores.
但你可以用较低的价格买回
But you also have the option of buying really high-end stuff
高端商品
at much lower price.
2. 家备红色肉类
No.2 is red meat at home.
我喜欢吃上好的牛排
So I’m someone who loves a good steak,
我还是钟爱…我打趣地称之为季度牛排晚餐
and I still indulge in what I jokingly referred to as my quarterly steak dinner.
我们会去 比如一家不错的牛排餐厅
We’ll all go to like a nice steak house
然后我会点…
and I’ll get
你懂的
you know,
点一块色香味俱全的牛排和一些配菜
a really beautiful piece of meat with some sides.
但总的来说我不需要摄入那么多红色肉类
But generally I don’t need that much red meat.
我这样做原因有两个
And I really do this for two reasons,
一 就算去店里 买红肉也是相当贵的
one, buying red meat even if the store is quite expensive,
二 红肉对健康也不是特别好
and two, it’s not super good for you.
所以你开始把吃肉当作稍感兴奋之事时
So when you start treating meat just like the sort of rare exciting thing,
你会更多地关注在家做饭
you focus a lot more on creating meals at home
用一些更实惠 对身体明显更好的材料
out of a more affordable and obviously better for you stuff
比如很多蔬菜和淀粉
such as a lot of vegetables and starches.
3. 晚餐必饮酒
No.3 is the obligatory drink with dinner.
你21岁时 去饭店时就能点酒了
When you’re over 21 and able to go out and get a drink at a restaurant,
首先有些新奇的感觉
it sort of feels like a novelty at first.
21岁生日以后的那几年
For the first couple of years after your 21st birthday,
你会感觉
you’re like
天啊 我想什么时候喝鸡尾酒就什么时候喝
“OMG, I can have a cocktail whenever I want,
人家拿酒给我也是合法的 太棒了
and people would give it to me legally, this is crazy”.
之后你就会像这样
Then you’re sort of like
哦 我要去餐厅了
“well, I’m gonna be going out to a restaurant
我应该有餐厅的体验
I should have the restaurant experience,
我应该晚餐时喝上一杯酒
I should have a glass of wine with my dinner,
我应该像一个成人一样享受喝酒
I should really enjoy it like an adult”.
但晚餐喝酒会带来两件事
But getting a drink with your dinner adds two things,
一般会花上个8到15美元
usually somewhere between 8 and 15 dollars,
然后增加100到300卡路里的热量
and somewhere between 100 and 300 calories.
现在去饭店 我有时还是会喝上一杯
I’ll still sometimes have a drink when I go out to restaurants,
但我肯定不会每次都喝
but I certainly don’t do it every time,
也不觉得去饭店就得喝酒
and not feeling like I have to because I’m at a restaurant
这为我省了很多钱
has saved me a ton of money.
4. 昂贵的健身房会员资格
No.4 is fancy gym memberships.
我以前对健身房有个异想天开的想法
I used to have this quasi like the secret relationship with gyms
就是我认为假如我买了会员卡
where I thought that if I were to
并且花了很多钱
get the gym membership and pay a lot of money for it,
那我就会神奇地成为经常去健身房的人
I would magically become the kind of person who goes to the gym.
总之 并不是那样
Long story short, the answer to that is no.
我花了几百美元办健身房的会员卡
I’ve wasted hundreds of dollars on gym memberships
却很少用到
I’ve barely used,
事到如今 我唯一的常规运动就是遛狗
and till this day the only regular exercise I get is walking my dog.
所以问题解决了:不花钱买健身房会员卡
So problem solved: zero dollars.
5. 新奇的衣服
No.5 is novelty clothes.
我说的新奇的衣服是指那些我买回来的
What I mean by novelty clothes is items of clothing that I bought,
并且很肯定自己从不会穿的衣服
knowing full well I was never going to wear these,
但我觉得如果我买回来
but I felt like if I bought it,
我就会神奇地成为穿这个衣服的人
I would magically become the person who wears it.
我想大家应该发现了这些消费其中的模式吧
So I imagine we can kind of see the pattern happening here.
给大家举个例子吧
To give you a perfect example,
我有一件Robin牌的
I own a robin’s
蛋青色和白狐皮颜色的外套
egg blue coat with a white fox fur color
准确地说 我穿过三次 并且我很喜欢它
that I’ve worn precisely three times and I love it,
但我只能在极其罕见特殊的天气
but it has to be the most rare and specific kind of weather,
或者社交场合才能穿这件衣服
slash social engagement for me to wear it,
数一下 我一辈子穿这件衣服的机会
that the chance of me wearing it more than five times in my entire life
恐怕连五次都没有
is almost statistically impossible.
但我就是买下了 因为我觉得我需要拥有它
But I bought it because I thought I needed to have it,
更重要的是
and more importantly
我觉得它会让我成为一个更精致的人
I thought it would make me a fancier person.
总之 现在我不再买那些
Long story short I no longer buy clothes
很少有机会穿上身的衣服了
that I stand a very limit chance of actually wearing.
6. 时髦社区
No.6 is trendy neighborhoods.
我以前会花800美元这么多
I used to be paying about 800 dollars
去租个房子
too much on rent for what I had.
因为当我搬到一个城市 不知道我将遇到什么
Because when I was moving to the city and didn’t know what I was getting into,
大家都会告诉我 我将去到的社区
everyone told me that the neighborhood I was going into was
是每个人都想入住都要入住的地方 所以你一定要搬进去
where anyone whose anyone lives, and you have to be.
我很快意识到 搬进那时被捧上天的社区
I learned very quickly that being in the most hyped-up neighborhood of the moment
基本上意味着两点
generally means two things.
一 一切都超额了 不止是房租
One, everything is going to be overpriced, not just your rent,
二 你的邻居可能都是些混球
and two you’re probably going to be surrounded by assholes.
当你搬往一个城市时 多为自己想想
Do yourself a favor and when you’re moving to a city,
做个调查去发现真实的普通人居住在哪里
do the research to find out where real people lives
比如老师 学生
such as teachers and students
而非扎小发髻的潮男
and people without man buns.
7. “酒肉”朋友
No.7 is “let’s get drinks” friends.
如果你是个年轻的都市人
If you’re a young urban professional,
你可能有5到25个朋友
there are real chances that you have between about 5 and 25 friends
你对这些朋友不是非常了解
that you don’t know super well,
你也无意深交
that you have no desire to become deep friends with,
但你会设法一年和他们聚个几次
yet you manage to see several times per year.
这就是我所说的“酒肉”朋友
These are the people that I say our “let’s get drinks” friends,
你们通过邮件一直传达着思念彼此思念之情
where you’re constantly missing each other by email
会发消息说:“我们确实该找时间聚聚了”
and saying “Oh, we should definitely meet up sometime”.
你们的联系一半是因为网络便利
And it’s half because of networking,
一半是因为你大概想
and half because you’re like,
他们我都认识 所以我似乎有责任联系他们
well they’re acquaintances, so I feel sort of obligated to them.
从这些会面中 你从未真正得到过什么
And you never really get anything out of these meeting.
如果你和某人维持着一半友谊
If you’re maintaining a half friendship with someone,
是因为你觉得这就是成年人该做的
because you think that’s just what you do as an adult.
那么或许你应该把这个钱省下来
Chances are you should probably save yourself the money,
晚上早点睡吧
and get to bed early that night.
8. 从不戴的珠宝
No.8 is jewelry I never wear.
我觉得 所有女人一成年
I feel like all women have a fair amount of purchases they make
都会买很多的珠宝
when they first become adults,
我猜想这件事
that I like I guess this is
就是大家所认为的 女人就是爱穿 戴 买
what women are supposed to like wear, or do, or buy.
许多女性可能会买昂贵的香水
For a lot of us it’s probably expensive perfume,
或是让她极其疼痛的高跟鞋
or things like brutally painful high heels.
对我来说 我很长时间才意识到
For me, it took me a really long time to realize
我并不是一个很喜欢戴珠宝的人
I’m just not that much of a jewelry person.
这个手表 我知道它很精致
This watch, as fancy as I get,
是我从祖母那里继承而来的
and I inherited from my grandmother.
我楼上有个相当大的珠宝盒
I have a fairly large jewelry box upstairs of like
里面有耳环 项链 尾戒 好看的表
statement earrings and statement necklaces and cocktail rings and nice watches.
我买这些东西的时候就想:
All these things that I bought, that I was like
我该买一些珠宝 我应该拥有珠宝
I should have jewelry, that’s the thing I should have
但我从来没戴过
that I never wear.
如果你不化妆 就别买化妆品
If you’re not a makeup person, don’t buy makeup.
如果你不戴珠宝 就别买珠宝
If you’re not a jewelry person, don’t buy jewelry.
简单来说就是
It’s as simple as that
女人的壁橱不必是个百宝箱
a woman doesn’t have to have anything in her closet.
9. 早餐
No.9 is breakfast.
在另一个视频中 我对早餐问题已有详细介绍
Now I have been thoroughly yelled out about this on a separate video,
总之 我正在进行间歇性禁食
but long story short is that I practice intermittent fasting,
我从不是一个吃早餐的人
I’ve never been a breakfast person,
而现在我是循例不吃了
but now as a rule I don’t eat it
因此我不为早餐花钱
and therefore I don’t pay for it.
我将放一些文章描述链接
I’ll link you all of these description to the article that proves that the
这些文章证明了早餐是三餐之重的说法并不科学
breakfast is the most important meal of the day mantra is a myth.
但我非常认同早餐可能对于你来说是很重要的
But I very much accept that breakfast may be important to you.
但关键是 如果你觉得自己不需要某一餐
The point is that if there’s a meal that you don’t feel a need for
你可以不吃这一餐 把钱省下来
you can skip it and save the money
不必因为一天只吃两顿饭和一些零食
without feeling guilty for only eating two meals a day,
而有罪恶感
plus snacks,
就算由于社交需要
even if it’s just a morning coffee
你和同事一起外出
that you out to with your coworkers,
饮一杯早餐咖啡
because it’s a social thing.
如果你不需要早餐 就跳过吧
If you don’t need it, skip it.
10. 特定设计师的化妆品
No.10 is certain designer makeup item.
这么多年 我了解到关于化妆品的一个规则
I’ve learned one rule about makeup over the years,
即如果你准备将钱投资在
and that is if you’re going to invest
任何一款化妆品上
any kind of money in that makeup,
在真正选定之前 最好至少花两周时间
you’d better have at least two weeks of
通过样品试用来累积经验
sample use under your belt before you commit.
我不在意你得乔装打扮去三个不同的
I don’t care if you have to go to three different Sephoras
丝芙兰店
wearing a fake mustache
只为了收集所有样品
in order to get all of your samples.
请确保你有足够的测试
Make sure that you have enough to test it with
来证明它是有效的
that you know it works.
如果是没有首先试用过的设计师化妆品
Almost everytime that I bought a designer makeup item
我几乎是每买必悔
without properly trying it first, I regreted it.
11. 烧钱的邮件
No.11 is my email vices.
对一些人来说 这可能是一种极端的做法
This might be a hardcore move for some of you guys,
但我主持这个频道不久后
but shortly after starting TFD,
我就艰难地取消了
I hard unsubscribe from like
对过去一直收到的所有的 如赞助商消息啊
every single, like sponsored store news,
邮件啊那些的订阅
letter things that I was getting.
我收到许多商店的邮件
Basically there was a direct correlation between
然后在一些我会后悔的地方花钱
me receiving a lot emails
这两者之间基本上是成正相关的
from a store and me spending money that I regreted there.
比如我会收到这种提醒:
Like I would get this alert that’s like
J.Crew在线直销店打五折
the J.Crew outlet store online 50% off.
然后我就会马上火急火燎的
And it’d be like my hair was on fire,
哦 天啊 我得去买短裤
and I’d like OMG, I have to go buy shorts.
其实我根本不需要短裤
I did not need the shorts.
不从商店发来的的邮件列表里点击订阅
And even though sometimes it can be weirdly hard to unsubscribe
有时候会不可思议的难
from like an email mailing list for a store,
因为它们真的是让你爱不释手 比如Modcloth
because they make it extremely complicated to do so. Modcloth.
但你必须得这样
You have to do it.
你越喜爱一家商店
The more you love a store,
你就越不应该订阅它的邮件
the less you should probably be on their mailing list,
至少这是我的发现
or at least that’s what I found.
好了 这些就是我节省开支的大件
So these are my big budget cuts that
我一点也不想念那些被我剔除的东西
I do not miss at all,
我非常好奇你们的省钱方式
and I’m very curious about what yours are.
所以请告诉我你们今年的省钱之处
So let me know what you guys cut out this year,
一如既往 感谢观看
and as always, thank you for watching,
请不要忘记点击订阅按钮
and don’t forget to hit the subscribe button,
并前往thefiancialdiet.com获取更多资讯
and to go to thefiancialdiet.com for more.
拜拜
Bye.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

买你真正需要的,而非想要的;告别不必要的应酬……

听录译者

牵贝贝到处逛

翻译译者

ABC

审核员

审核员 KK

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1w1vFBhcIw

相关推荐