Hey Psych2Goers!
心理学爱好者们 大家好!
Thanks so much for your support let’s begin the video!
非常感谢各位的支持 我们开始今天的视频吧!
What do you think depression looks like
大家觉得抑郁症是什么样的
like many others you may think of people
你们可能和很多人一样 认为抑郁症患者
who always look sad,cry a lot or who are never happy
要么常常一脸悲伤 哭哭啼啼 要么一直闷闷不乐
But the truth is there are lot more layers to depression than you think.
但事实是 抑郁症的症状表现比我们认为的要多得多
The American Psychiatric Association lists many different presentations of depression
美国心理学会例举了很多不同的抑郁症状
each with its own symptoms and differences
每一种都有相应的症状并伴有不同之处
concealed or hidden depression is just one of them
掩饰或隐藏抑郁情绪仅仅只是其中一种
and those who have it may be conditioned to act in protection of their symptoms
抑郁症群体可能习惯于采取行动来掩藏抑郁症状
so to help you learn a little more about it
为了帮助大家了解更多关于抑郁症的真相
here are 11 Things Hidden Depression makes you do
这里列举了11个隐匿型抑郁症者的表现
before we begin we would like to mention that
在我们开始之前 首先提醒各位
this video is created for educational purposes only
视频仅作教育目的
and is not intended to substitute a professional diagnosis
我们从未试图替代专业的诊断
if you suspect you may have depression
如果你怀疑自己可能患有抑郁症
or any mental health condition
或者其他心理健康问题
we highly advise you to seek help from a qualified mental health professional
我们强烈建议你寻求专业心理健康从业者的帮助
with that said let’s begin!!
以上 我们正式开始吧!
Number One: Your sleeping pattern has changed
隐匿型表现一:你的睡眠习惯发生了改变
What time do you usually go to bed?
你通常几点上床休息呢?
A good and consistent sleeping pattern is very important
保持高质量的规律睡眠非常重要
and healthy for your mental and physical well-being.
并且对你的身心健康有好处
so having constant problems with sleep may point to a sign that something greater is wrong.
所以要是睡眠一直不好 可能说明问题更严重
A lack of sleep or constantly oversleep can be a possible symptom of depression.
睡眠不足或经常睡过头都可能是抑郁症状
These changes to your sleeping pattern can affect how you feel during the day
这些睡眠习惯的改变可能影响你在白天的状态
perhaps making you feel exhausted or tired all the time.
或许你会感到筋疲力竭 或者一直都处于疲劳中
Number Two: Your eating habits changed
隐匿型表现二:你的饮食习惯有所改变
Are you noticing that your eating habits have changed drastically compared to a little while ago?
有发现你的饮食习惯相比不久前变了很多吗?
Often times, food can act as a coping mechanism for those hiding their depression.
通常多食会成为他们隐藏抑郁情绪的一种应对机制
Overeating might help distract you from your own emotional emptiness,
暴饮暴食可能有助于分散对空虚感的注意力
and losing your appetite can also be indicative of a larger problem.
而食欲不振也可能暗示着更大的问题
There’s a strong link between eating disorders and depression,
饮食失调和抑郁症之间有很强的联系
and while they are two separate illnesses,
尽管它们是两种不同的疾病
having a sudden and large change in eating habits can be a cause for concern
但饮食习惯突发较大的变化是个值得关注的问题
and point to a large issue such as having hidden depression.
还可能意味着更严重的情况 比如患有隐匿型抑郁症
Number Three: You become self-critical
隐匿型表现三:自我批判
While perfectionism can get the best of anyone,
尽管完美主义可以折射出每个人最好的一面
those struggling with hidden depression may take it to the next level
但那些在隐匿型抑郁中挣扎的人可能会变本加厉
and feel the need to do everything perfectly.
感觉自己需要把每一件事都做得完美
This can lead to an excess of self-imposed
如果错失标准或是没有达到要求
pressure and standards that if missed or not met,
就会带来过度的自我施压
lead to self-deprecating thoughts and feelings of shame.
进而自我贬低 产生羞愧感
These feelings might end up governing your internal choices,
这些感觉可能会掌控你的内心选择
and leave you unable to do simple activities or pursue casual relationships.
让你没法做简单的小事 也无法正常社交
Number Four: You Experience intense emotions
隐匿型表现四:情绪大起大落
While people often assume that those who with depression are always sad or upset,
虽然人们通常认为抑郁症患者常感悲伤或沮丧
that’s not always the case.
但情况并不总是如此
While melancholy is a common feeling described,
虽然忧郁是一种常见的感觉描述
people with depression may also project or express how they feel in anger or irritability.
但抑郁症患者也会用愤怒或兴奋表达他们的感受
These feelings may come from a frustration
这些感觉可能来自于
with needing to put up a good impression for everyone to see.
未能给每个人都留下好印象的挫败感
or from feeling confused and overwhelmed by the complex emotions they’re experiencing.
又或是 当下体验的复杂情绪让他们困惑不已也不知所措
Number Five: You Struggle to Express Painful Emotions
隐匿型表现五:很难表达痛苦情绪
In contrast to the previous point
与之前的症状不同
some people with hidden depression may form the habit to avoid
部分患隐匿型抑郁症的人会养成回避真实情绪的习惯
or stay denied about their feelings.
或者一直否定自己的真实情绪
Instead, they may choose to find distractions to divert their mind elsewhere.
不同的是 他们可能会选择转移注意力的方式
According to Dr. Margaret R Rutherford,
据Margaret R Rutherford博士介绍
people may actually end up finding it difficult and struggle to express how they feel
实际上 人们可能最后会发现表达自己的感受很困难也很磨人
because they avoid their emotions so often.
因为他们太频繁地隐藏和压抑自己的情绪了
Number Six: You Become obsessed with philosophy and purpose
隐匿型抑郁症表现六:沉迷于哲学意义
Have you ever wondered what the meaning of life is?
你是不是曾发问生命的意义是什么?
Sometimes, being depressed can make you feel like you’re floating through life without direction.
有时 沮丧的情绪会让你感觉正在漫无目的地虚度人生
It might lead you to question
这不禁让你想要追问
what your purpose is
生命的意义是什么
or what you’re meant to accomplish here on earth.
又或是 来到这世上 我需要完成什么使命
A question about life and meaning can make you become more introspective.
关于生活和意义的问题会让你变得更容易内省
and cause you to dive into studying big questions and philosophies
这就引导你去探索深层次的哲学问题
to help you find meaning and purpose for your life.
来帮助自己找到生活的意义和目的
Number Seven: You become uninterested in activities you used to enjoy
隐匿型抑郁症表现七:对曾经的爱好失去兴趣
Another possible sign of depression is
隐匿型抑郁症另一个潜在的征兆是
if you suddenly lose interest and joy in the things you used to like.
曾经的兴趣和爱好在你面前骤然失色
Depression is not only mentally draining, but physically as well.
抑郁症不仅是对你心理上的消耗 对身体上也一样
You can make it much more diffficult and tiring
要找到完成任务和做事情的动机和热情
to find the motivation or enthusiasm to accomplish tasks, or do activity.
你可能会感到更难 也更疲惫了
even if they were something you used to really enjoy.
即使那是你曾经真心的热爱所在
Number Eight: You cry out for help and then make cover-up excuses
隐匿型抑郁症表现八:大声呼救后却找借口掩饰
People who hide their depression often hide what they’re feeling
隐藏抑郁情绪的人通常会隐藏他们当下的感受
because they may struggle to admit that they have a problem.
因为他们很难去承认自己遇到了问题
However, sometimes these feelings can become so overwhelming that
然而 有时候这些情绪的伤害程度如洪水猛兽一般
you may turn to a friend or even reach out to a doctor for help.
你可以求助于朋友甚至医生
Unfortunately, like many others, you might then realize
不幸的是 像不少其他人一样 你可能会意识到
that taking these steps would mean admitting that you have depression,
采取这些行动就意味着承认自己有抑郁症
which is an extremely hard realization to come to.
自我说服变得极其困难
So instead, you might find yourself making up excuses
因此 反而可能会选择编造借口
and pulling yourself away from the help you wanted.
并抽离自己 以至于仍无法获得原本想要的帮助
Number Nine: You Struggle with Intimacy
隐匿型抑郁症表现九:很难融入亲密关系
Similarly, with the previous few points,
类似地 和前面的表现一致
feelings associated with care and intimacy may also be difficult for you
如果你是抑郁症患者
if you are depressed.
就很难产生被关爱的感受 也很难建立亲密关系
If you are hiding depression,
如果隐藏你的抑郁症
the vulnerability that is associated with intimacy may be difficult for you to express.
就很难表达亲密关系中的脆弱感
While you may find it easy to care for others,
你倾向于优先照顾他人的感受
it can become much more overwhelming and tense
所以当涉及到自己以及所处的亲密关系中时
when it comes to yourself and the relationships you have.
你会感到紧张加剧 更加难以承受
There may be a fear of sharing your deepest feelings and emotions
害怕分享内心深处的感受和情绪
or the fear of having someone invalidate your feelings
也害怕有人漠视你的感受
and proving your worst fears correct.
从而证明你最担心的事情是正确的
Number Ten: You Focus too much on having gratitude
隐匿型抑郁症表现十:感恩之心过剩
Many people often mistake the idea of having gratitude to mean that
许多人常常误以为心怀感恩意味着
you ignore the negative emotions you feel and only focus and appreciate the good things.
忽视负面情绪 而只关注欣赏积极的方面
This type of thinking can be harmful
这种想法是有害的
because you may end up invalidating, ignoring, or feeling guilty
这样你最终可能会无视自己任何一丝的负面情绪
about any negative emotions you feel.
也会伴有愧疚感
Instead, practicing gratitude involves reflecting,
然而学会感恩包括反思
noting, and appreciating the things that you may overlook in your daily life.
注意并欣赏你在日常生活中可能忽略的事物
It doesn’t mean that you have to look at the good side of everything,
这并不意味着你要看到一切事物的积极面
especially if those things make you upset.
尤其不需要关注那些让你感到沮丧的事
Number Eleven: You compart mentaliing your feelings
隐匿型抑郁症表现十一:分离感受
Lastly, having depression can make you form the habit of compartmentalizing your feelings.
最后 抑郁症会让你养成分离感情的习惯
This means you rigidly sort them into “boxes”
这意味着你把情绪生硬地分装到“盒子”里
and push them away to deal with for later,
把它们丢到一边 之后再去处理
or maybe even never.
甚至可能再也不去理会
By locking away your own negative feelings,
通过锁住自己的负面情绪
you avoid ever addressing the pain or sadness you may be feeling.
你便得以避免处理痛苦或悲伤的情感
However, while it may bring temporary relief,
然而 尽管这样可能带来短暂的缓解
it may also build up and become overwhelming later.
但也可能不断累积 并在以后变得不堪重负
Did you learn something new about hidden depression?
你学到了关于隐匿型抑郁症的新知识吗?
Let us know in the comments below.
请在下面的评论中告诉我们
If you find this video helpful,
如果你觉得这个视频有用
be sure to like, subscribe, and share this video
记得点赞 订阅并分享这个视频
with those who might benefit from it,
让需要的人从中受益
and don’t forget to hit the notification bell icon to get notified
别忘了点击通知获取更新提醒
whenever Psych2Go posts a new video.
及时跟进《Psych2go》发布的新视频
The references and studies used in this video
这个视频引用的参考资料和研究数据
are added in the description below.
已添加在下面的评论区里
Thanks for watching and see you in our next video!
感谢收看 下期视频见!
