未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

你知道你说的大部分常用短语都是错的吗?

10 expressions you're saying WRONG | Common English Phrases Mistakes #spon

欢快的音乐
(upbeat music)
大家好 欢迎回来继续和Lucy学英语
– Hello everyone and welcome back to English with Lucy.
首先 我们有了一个新的家庭成员
Firstly,we have a new family member.
我有了一只名为迭戈的小狗狗
I have got a puppy called Diego.
给你们瞧瞧它
Let me show you him.
他是一只会打嗝的金毛猎犬
He’s a working golden retriever and he’s got hiccups.

(hiccup)
他真是个好孩子
– He’s being such a good boy.
一直都是
He has been.
他很可爱 也有很多事情需要为他做
He is adoraworable He’s also a lot of works
所以我已经有一些分心
so I’ve been slightly distracted
今天我给你们带来了另一个词汇视频
Today I’ve got anothervocabulary video for you.
这个对于英语母语者和非英语母语者都很适用
And this one is suitable for both natives and non-natives’ speakers
母语者们 我将纠正一些你们一直在犯的错误
Natives, I’m going to correct some errors that you’ve been making.
非母语者们 这是学新的常用短语的绝好机会
Non-natives, this is anexcellent opportunity to learn new common phrases
同时如果母语者说错也是可以理解的
and also understand if a native person
因为这些短语让人十分困惑
is saying them incorrectly because that could be quite confusing
尤其是当你听到相同事情有着不同说法的时候
when you’re hearing different versions of the same thing.
开始之前呢 我要感谢这期视频的赞助商 Lingoda
Before we get started I would just like to thank the sponsor of today’s video .
同时给大家带来一个优惠活动
It is lingoda with aspecial offer for you.
林戈达是一家在线语言学校
Lingoda is an online language academy
雇佣的员工都是合格的教师
which employees native qualified teachers
教授私人课程
to deliver private classes,
分组上课 或者二者兼有
group classes, or a perfect combination of the two.
您可以按月订购
You subscribe on a monthly basis
选择一套适合您并且性价比高的课程套餐
and you can chose the package that’s right for you and your budget.
我自己也试过 所以十分乐意向你们推荐
I’ve tried them out myself, I was completely wowed
我完全被他们的服务 教学 课程的质量所吸引
by their service and just the quality of teaching and the lessons,
一切课程都是有计划 有组织的进行
and the way it’s all planned and organised.
这就是我很乐意向你们推荐的原因
That’s why I’m happy to promote it to you guys.
我已经和林戈达共事多年
I’ve worked with lingoda for ages
我知道他们对语言学习者真的有很大的影响
and I know that they really do make a difference to language learners.
如果你单击下方描述框里的链接
If you click on the link in the description box
使用密码LUCY6
and use the code LUCY6,
你就会在Lingoda学习的第一个月
you can get €50 or $50 off
得到50欧元或50美元的优惠
your first month at lingoda.
你可以学习英语 法语 西班牙语或是德语
You can learn English, French, Spanish, or German,
你可以上私人课程或分组上课
and you can have private classes, group classes,
或者两者合一
or a combination of the two.
小组课程人数很少
The group classes are really, really small
只有六个学生或更少
with six students or fewer.
所以你知道该怎么做了 点击链接 使用密码LUCY6
So you know what to do, click on the link, use the code LUCY6.
五十美元或欧元的折扣
€50 or $50 off.
下面开始我们的课程
Let’s get started with the video.
第一个是beck and call
So the first one, is it beck and call?
还是beckon call?
or is it beckon call?
这个短语的正确读法是
The right way to say this phrase is
beck and call
beck and call, but I could completely
但我可以完全理解为什么有些人会困惑
understand why someone would find this confusing.
因为他们听起来是一样的
They sound the same, beck and call, beckon call.
To be at someone’s beck and call意思是准备服从
To be at someone’s beck and call is to ready to obey,
或是遵守命令和指令
or to follow their commands and orders.
希望我的小狗迭戈能在几个月后随我召唤
Hopefully Diego, my little puppy will be at my beck and call in a couple of months,
因为他现在还不行(笑)
because he’s not yet. (laughs)
现在 关于狗的话题
Now,on the subject of dogs,
是dog eat dog的世界?
is it a dog eat dog world,
还是一个doggy dog的世界?
or is it a doggy dog world?
连读的时候他们听起来真的很相似
They do sound the really similar when you speed them up
这里的dog eat dog应该分开来读
It should be dog eat dog.
如果某些事是dog eat dog
And something is dog eat dog,
就是在说这是残酷无情的或是竞争激烈的
it means it is ruthless or competitive.
一个dod eat dog的世界 一个残酷无情竞争激烈的世界
So a dog eat dog world, a ruthless and competitive world.
每一个人都为自己
Every man for himself.
下一个 第三个 是for allintensive purposes?
The next one, number three, for all intensive purposes,
还是for all intents and purposes?再听一遍
or for all intents and purposes? Again,
如此相似
so, so similar.
这节课讨论的都是这些 听起来相似的短语
This is a common theme, all of them sound really similar,
这就是会犯错误的原因
which is why the mistakes are made.
事实上这个短语的意思是总而言之
And for all intents and purposes means practically speaking virtually.
下一个
Now the next one,
我要承认
I’m going to admit
我肯定用错过这个
I think I have definitely used this one incorrectly.
是you’ve got another thing coming?
and is it you’ve got another thing coming,
还是another think coming?
or another think coming?
我认为这里用thing 但实际上是think
I thought it was thing, but it’s actually a think coming.
当你想的时候
When you think of it,
实际上是有很多感受
it actually makes a lot of sense.
所以假如我和Will 说
so I could say to Will for example,
如果你觉得你可以吃我的水果沙拉
“If you think you’regonna eat my fruit salad,
你就大错特错了
you’ve got another think coming?”
这样你就得三思了 因为不可以吃
As in you need to reconsider that because you’re not.
我很喜欢吃水果沙拉
I’m very, very protectiveof over fruit salad.
下一个是 to hone in?
The next one, is it to hone in,
还是 to home in?
or is it to home in?
应该是用hone
It should be hone.
例如to hone in on a skill
To hone in on a skill for example.
意思是专注于某件事上
This means to focusattention towards something,
集中注意力在某件事上
to concentrate on something.
如果我要训练一种技能
If I’m gonna hone in on a skill,
意思是我要把我的注意力
it means I’m going to focus my attention
放在提高这项技能上
to improve that skill.
下一个
Now this next one,
我得承认 我看到它就立马加进来
I must admit I included it because when I saw it,
是因为我认为这真的很滑稽
I thought it was just so hilarious
我必须分享给你
I had to share it with you.
我决不是有意冒犯
By no means, I’m not laughing at
犯错的人
the people that make the mistake
我只是笑错误的单词听起来
I’m just laughing at how ironic it is
与正确的单词如此相似特别讽刺
that the wrong word sounds so similar to the original, correct word.
我想这有可能是唯一一次
I think this is possibly the only time
你可以对这个话题一笑置之 因为这真的很讨厌
that you can laugh around this subject because it really is dreadful.
Alzheimer’s disease 是痴呆的一种
Alzheimer’s disease, a form of dementia,
有一些人会把它和 Old Timer’s disease弄混
some people mix it upwith Old Timer’s disease.
只要你说的够快 听起来就很像
If you say it quick enough,it does sound like it.
Alzheimer’s disease Old Timer’s disease
Alzheimer’s disease, Old Timer’s disease.
Old timer’s是指活的很久的人 他们很老
Old timer’s, people that have been around for a long time they’re very old.
他们可能逐渐的
They are generally more likely
会得这个病(叹息)
to get and develop this disease. (sigh)
我觉得这个很搞笑是不是特别邪恶?
Am I evil for laughing at that?
我希望不是 我希望你懂我
I hope not, I hope youget where I’m coming from.
下面我们有一个我最爱的
Then we have one of my favourites
我之前提过很多次的
which I’ve mentioned many times before.
是could of would of should of?
Is it could of, would of, should of,
还是could’ve would’ve should’ve?
or is it could’ve, would’ve, should’ve,
还是could have would have should have?
or could have, would have, should have?
你可以从我的表情中看出是第二个
You can probably tell by my face, it’s the second version.
我们把have读成了of
We contrast have into of,
听起来很相似
it sounds very similar to of.
很多人开始说could of would of ,should of
A lot of people have started saying could of, would of, should of.
应该是could’ve, would’ve, should’ve
It should be could’ve,would’ve,should’ve.
人们说的时候 你可能听不清楚
It’s one that you can’t really hear when people say,
但写下时你就会发现这个不同
but you might see it written down.
下一个 是I couldn’t care less?
The next one, is it I couldn’t care less,
还是I could care less?
or I could care less?
人们两个都说
People say both of these,
但你要考虑到
but really if you think about it
正确的句子是
the only one that makes sense in the context
是I couldn’t care less
is I couldn’t care less.
意思是我不在意
Meaning I care so very little,
对我来说根本不可能在意
it’s impossible for me to care less,
那么我现在所关心的
then what I care right now.
I could care less意思是
I could care less means,
我不那么在意 我真的不介意
I could care less, I don’t really mind.
现在经常会被用到
It’s so commonly used nowadays,
而且运用到人们交流中
it’s almost adopted into the language,
特别是在美国
especially in America.
我听到的另一个错误更严重
Another error that I hear committed more by our American friends is
美国朋友用on accident来代替by accident
on accident, instead of by accident.
你有意或无意做某件事
You do something onpurpose and by accident.
所以记住这些介词
So remember those prepositions.
有时候人们会弄混他们 说成on accident
Sometimes they get mixed up and people say on accident
或是by purpose
or by purpose.
by purpose这个短语不太常见
By purpose is a little less common.
尤其非母语者 确保你分清楚
Make sure especially non-native’s.
我知道介词很难 所以一定要记住
I know prepositions are so hard, so keep that in your,
“头”的俚语是什么
what’s the (mumbles) slang for head?
你的面包 你的面包 你的头
Your loaf, your loaf of bread, your head.
我前几天才知道
I learned that the other day.
谁想要关于俚语的视频?
Who wants a video on (mumbles) slang?
这非常有趣
It is quite good fun.
在下面的评论里让我知道
Let me know in the comments below.
下一个意思是带着某物离开
The next one means to get away with something
而不被惩罚 但哪一个短语才是正确的
without being punished, but which phrase is correct?
是to get off scot-free?
Is it to get off scot-free,
还是为toget offscotch-free?
or it is to get off scotch-free?
这是小细节 应该用scot-free
It’s a very minute detail, it should be scot-free. Right,
这就是今天的课程 我希望你喜欢
that’s it for today’s lesson, I hope you enjoyed it.
我希望你能从中学到些东西
I hope you learned something.
非常感谢Lingoda
A massive thank you to lingoda
赞助本视频 记住
for sponsoring the video. Remember,
记住密码是LUCY6
remember the code is LUCY6
点击屏幕下方
and you click on thedescription box for €50
你在Lingoda的第一个月将有50欧元或50美元的优惠
or $50off yourfirst month at lingoda.
不要忘记在我的社交媒体上联系我
Don’t forget to connect with me on all of my social media.
我有脸书 也有ins
I’ve got my Facebook, I’ve got my Instagram,
也有推特
and I’ve got my Twitter.
下节课再见(亲吻)
I will see you soon foranother lesson, muah!
欢快的音乐
(upbeat music)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频介绍了十种容易混淆的英语短语

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

小盒子

审核员

审核员 HZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o28RABuGPBA

相关推荐