未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

十个关于爱情的英语表达| 英语词汇

10 English Love Expressions | English Vocabulary & Speaking

[轻电音]
(upbeat electronic music)
大家好 欢迎来到和露西学英语
– Hello everyone, and welcome back to English With Lucy.
你可能注意到我今天的新背景了
You might have noticed my new backdrop today.
我的公寓有个阳台
This is a terrace that is at my flat,
这是我在剑桥的新公寓 我准备在这里录制
my new flat in Cambridge, and I decided to film here
因为今天是个好天气 我时间很充裕
because it’s a nice day, and I haven’t got much time,
所以我想赶出一个额外的视频
so I really wanted to squeeze in an extra video.
我在我的Ins上问大家
I asked you on my Instagram what sort of expressions
你们今天想学习哪种表达和惯用语
and idioms you’d like to hear about today,
大家提出了很多宝贵的建议
and a lot of you had some really, really good suggestions.
一个建议吸引了我
One caught my eye,
它建议的是关于“爱”的表达和惯用语
and that is idioms and expressions relating to love.
噢 真的好甜
Ahh, how sweet.
所以你肯定是个浪漫的人 对吧?
You really are a romantic bunch, aren’t you?
所以今天 我们就要讨论
So today, we’re going to talk through
十个关于“爱”的惯用语
10 idioms that relate to love.
我认为这将是一个
And I think this is going to be
非常正能量又有爱的视频哦
a really lovely positive one.
希望看完视频的时候
Hopefully you’ll leave the lesson
你也能感受到温暖 甜蜜
with a warm, fuzzy feeling.
这节课会帮助你扩大词汇量
So this lesson is going to help you improve your vocabulary.
[打喷嚏]
(sneezes)
[打喷嚏]
(sneezes)
这也会提高你的口语
It will also help you with your speaking,
因为这可以让你更好的和母语者交流
because you’ll be able to communicate with native speakers,
以及更好地表达自己
and make yourself understood more effectively,
这也可以提高你的听力
and it will also help you with your listening,
因为当母语者使用这些表达的时候
because you’ll be able to understand what natives
你能很好地理解他们所说的内容
are trying to say to you when they use these expressions.
然而 我认为你有必要了解接下来需要做什么
However, I think you know what’s coming next.
如果你想提高听力水平
If you want to take your listening to the next level,
为什么不试一下Audible.com网站呢?
then why not try Audible.com?
你可以给你提供一个月的免费试听哦
I can offer you a one-month free trial,
是一本完全免费的有声读物
that’s an entire free audiobook,
你可以利用这些有声读物练习自己的听力和发音
and you can use these audiobooks to practise your listening,
所以当读书的时候 你可以听它的音频
and your pronunciation, so you can listen to a book
这是一种
whilst reading it, and that’s an amazing way
练习听力的独特方式
of creating your own listening exercise
你可能会感兴趣哦
that you are really interested in.
老实说 有很多选择
Honestly, there are so many options,
自助 小说 散文 故事
self-help, fiction, nonfiction, stories.
我也给建议你们读的书
I’ve also left some links to books
分了一下类
that I recommend you listen to.
这有斯蒂芬·弗莱伊读的哈利波特全集
There’s the Harry Potter collection read by Stephen Fry,
也有福尔摩斯
there’s Sherlock, there’s The Curious Incident
还有 一只狗的神秘案件
of the Dog in the Night-Time, I can’t remember if I’ve said
我不知道自己说对了没有
that title correctly, but it’s a fantastic book,
但是这是一本很好的书 在伦敦百老汇的巡演也很棒
and a fantastic Broadway show in London.
它绝妙的一点在于
That one’s particularly good,
它是从一个自闭症儿童
because it’s written from the point of view
的第一人称视角写作的
of an autistic boy in the first person,
所以如果你想听别人
so it’s very good if you want to listen
讲第一人称的故事 它很适用
to somebody telling a story in first person,
你也可以练习自己讲故事
so that you can then practise your storytelling,
语言都很简单哦
and the language is every so slightly more simple.
所以这是一个很好的建议
So that’s a really good recommendation there.
就在下方简介里哦
It’s down in the description below,
第一个月是完全免费的
you don’t pay anything for the first month,
如果不喜欢 你可以取消订阅
and if you don’t like it, you can cancel it.
好了
Right.
让我们回到关于爱和浪漫的短语吧
Let’s get started with the love and romance idioms.
第一个是天作之合
The first one is a match made in Heaven.
天作之合
A match made in Heaven.
你认为它是什么意思呢?
What do you think it means?
动动脑筋
Have a little think.
天作之合指一对情侣
A match made in Heaven is a couple
非常般配
that is seemingly perfect.
他们各方面都很相配
They are a perfect match.
他们的关系很好很好
The relationship is likely to be very, very successful.
他们非常契合彼此 非常默契
They’re very good for each other, very good for each other.
我们也都希望能够和自己的另一半
It’s what we all aspire to be with our partners,
成为天作之合
a match made in Heaven.
下一个 第二个是 两对情侣一起的约会
The next one, number two, is a double date.
两对情侣一起的约会
A double date.
如果你这样约会
And you go on a double date.
你会感觉如何呢?
What do you think it is?
双重约会包括两对情侣
A double date is a date involving two couples.
所以当你和另一半约会 就餐
So if you and your partner go on a date, or out for dinner,
或者看电影时 都会有另外一个朋友和他的另一半
or to the cinema, with another friend and their partner,
这就是两对情侣一起的约会
that’s a double date.
是一件很有趣的事情哦
It’s a really nice thing to do.
好了 接下来 第三个 是暧昧关系
Okay, the next one, number three, is to be an item.
有暧昧关系
To be an item.
听起来很理所当然 我当然是一个物体了
Sounds really obvious, of course I’m an item.
我是一个物体
I’m an object.
但是不要把我当物品对待哦
Don’t treat me as an object.
一定不要!
Don’t treat me as an object!
有暧昧关系指的是你和某人有纠缠
To be an item means that you’re involved with someone.
所以它可以用在这种情境里
So it might be used in a situation like
比如: 你们两个在暧昧吗?
“Are you two an item?
还是已经确定了?
“Are you two official yet?
你们是已经成为男女朋友了
“Are you really boyfriend and girlfriend,
或者男男朋友
“or boyfriend and boyfriend,
或者女女朋友 还是其他呢?
or girlfriend and girlfriend, or whatever?”
你可以回答:是 我们正在暧昧期
And you would say “Yeah, we’re an item.”
很有意思哦
It’s a nice one.
是个地道的俚语
It’s quite slang.
第四个 你之前可能听过
Number four, you might have heard this before.
是沉溺爱河
It is to be head over heels in love.
它是指
And this just means to be really,
非常非常爱一个人
really in love with someone.
你也可以说是正在热恋
And you can also fall head over heels in love,
我非常非常爱他
“I fell head over heels in love with him.”
第五个是求婚
Number five is to pop the question.
求婚
To pop the question.
从来没有人亲自对我求婚
I’ve never had anyone pop the question to me in person.
虽然我有很多询问问题的邮件
I’ve had a couple of email questions.
求婚是指
But to pop the question is to ask
想和某人步入婚姻
for somebody’s hand in marriage.
是询问别人
It means to ask somebody if they would like
他们是否想成为你的丈夫或者妻子
to be your husband or wife.
接下来 第六个 在求婚之后
And then, number six, after popping the question,
然后很有可能 你们就可以喜结连理啦
you then, hopefully, tie the knot.
喜结连理 就是结婚
To tie the knot, and to tie the knot is to get married.
我父母已经结婚27年了
So my mum and dad tied the knot 27 years ago.
天哪
Oh my God.
下一个 初恋
The next one, puppy love.
天哪 太可爱了
Oh my God, this one is so cute.
在我整个童年时期 我都认为这只是
And for my entire childhood, I thought that this was
对小狗的爱 但其实不是
just that you loved baby dogs, but it’s not.
小狗接线片[口误]
Puppy lug,
小狗接线片?[口误]
puppy lug?
初恋是青少年时期的爱情
Puppy love is adolescent romance.
当你是个少年 尚年少的时候
You’re a teenager, you’re young, and you feel like
你觉得全世界最重要 最浪漫 最美好的
the most important, most in love, most romantic person
就是和你的男朋友或者女朋友在一起
in the world with your boyfriend or girlfriend,
其他都不重要
and nothing else matters, all that matters
所有关乎你对那个人的爱 就是初恋
is your love for that person, that’s puppy love,
我也不必说的太过详细了
because it’s not necessarily, I’m not gonna say real,
因为这种感觉是很强烈的
’cause feelings can feel really, really strong,
尤其在你年轻的时候
especially when you’re young,
但它可能不是地球上最合理的事情
but it’s not maybe the most logical thing on Earth.
接下来 第八个 是相亲
The next one, number eight, a blind date.
事先毫无所知的相亲
A blind date.
什么意思呢?
What is a blind date?
现在呢 它可能指不能见面
Now, it could be a date that can’t see,
但不是作为一个惯用语
but not in an idiomatic sense.
事先一无所知的约会是别人给你介绍对象
A blind date is when somebody else chooses somebody for you,
并安排你们约会
and sets you up.
当别人安排你相亲那是个很好的惯用语
When somebody sets you up, that’s a good phrasal verb,
就是指安排你和一个
to set up, they set you up on a date with somebody
你并不了解的人约会
that you don’t know, and so you both arrive at this date,
你们约会是彼此的第一次见面
and it’s the first time you’ve met each other.
这就是事先一无所知的约会
So that’s a blind date.
它可能是件很冒险的事情
It can be quite a risky thing,
当你把下半生的幸福交给其他人
to leave your love life in the hands of somebody else.
第九个
Number nine, to be on the rocks.
触礁
To be on the rocks.
它的意思不是很好
This one’s not so nice.
如果你们的关系触礁了
If your relationship is on the rocks,
意味着出现了问题
it means there’s problems with the relationship,
可能不久后会分手
and you might break up soon.
那可不太好
It’s not going well.
所以你们一定不想自己的感情
So you definitely don’t want your relationship
触礁, 但是如果出现问题了
to be on the rocks, but if it is on the rocks,
希望你们能够解决
then hopefully you’ll be able to sort it out,
这是另一个很好的惯用语 找到问题
another good phrasal verb there, sort it out,
然后解决问题
and fix the problems.
最后一个 结婚
And the final one, to get hitched.
结婚
To get hitched.
和前面喜结连理是完全一样的
To get hitched is exactly the same as to tie the knot.
就是指步入婚姻
It means to get married.
好了 这就是今天的课程
Right guys, that’s it for today’s lesson.
不要忘记注册你在Audible.com上的免费尝试哦
Don’t forget to sign up for your free trial at Audible.com.
链接就在简介栏中
The link is in the description box.
同样 也不要忘了联系我哦
Also, don’t forget to connect with me
所有的社交媒体都可以
on all of my social media.
我有脸书 Ins 和推特
I’ve got my Facebook, my Instagram, and my Twitter,
还有P.O.box 所以你们可以给我寄信
and my P.O. box as well, so you guys can send me letters,
因为你们之前曾问过我
because I know a couple of you have been asking
我过生日的时候能不能给我寄明信片
if you can send me cards for my birthday,
当然可以啦
and yes you can.
不是必须哦 如果可以就太好啦
You don’t have to, that is so kind.
我的生日在六月十日 这是我的P.O.box
My birthday’s the 10th of June, that’s my P.O. box,
如果你想给我寄卡片的话 就太好啦
if you want to send me a card, that would be lovely,
我也在努力回复
and I always make an effort to reply
目前大家给我寄的信哦
to anybody who sends me letters at present.
希望你们喜欢这节课
I hope you enjoyed the lesson,
也真正学到一些东西
I hope you learnt something,
下一期我们很快就能见到啦
and I will see you very, very soon for another one.
[飞吻]
Mwah!
[轻电音]
(upbeat electronic music)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

十个关于爱的表达和惯用语,一起来感受酸酸甜甜的浪漫爱情吧!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

笑尘

审核员

DY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcVv6YfsdHs

相关推荐